Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lol

The chess board exists in a mere two dimensions, a match is but an inconsequential blip barely noticeable by my consciousness. I tire of these mortal fancies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Guess it’s tridimensional chess or nothing for ol’ Musky.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm surprised elon replied to that tweet with the embedded video. kasparov quickly and clearly explains why musk's plan of giving into all of russia's demands is not in america's interests and will just lead to even bigger problems. now a bunch more people are going to watch it. guess he can't help himself.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
So Musk just spends all day doing coke right? Like that is the only way I can reconcile his behavior in his public and private lives, as well as his business decisions.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
No, he's working 25 hour days and sleeping on the factory floor, dummy!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

A true working class hero

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
never heard of the game musk is shilling before, like it looks like standard mobile trash im sure its a competent game. also lol at wikipedia saying Tesla is a goddamn media platform, if thats the case than Doom classic should be list all its stuff.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Sounds like musk just challenged someone to a game of warcraft *cracks knuckles* ready my ogre bloodlust gloves

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

musk is quite accomplished at world of warcraft, having sired many whelps

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

broodlord elon

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

4d chess folks

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
Does Elon spend any time with his kids? It just seems like he's always online talking about some bullshit, but he never talks about his kids.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You know how everyone bought one of those mini NES/SNES/Genesis consoles, played with them for an hour, spent 6 hours cramming ROMs onto them, then just left them in a closet or something?

Same idea

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

FilthyImp posted:

You know how everyone bought one of those mini NES/SNES/Genesis consoles, played with them for an hour, spent 6 hours cramming ROMs onto them, then just left them in a closet or something?

Same idea

Are the ROMs the kids and the mothers the raspberry pi in this methaphor?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

musk is quite accomplished at world of warcraft, having sired many whelps

Probably why he’s so pro-orc these days.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I don't want to even imagine how obnoxious a twitter account run by "Spidey_ElonFan" is.

and lol of course Musk wouldn't enjoy a game where people start on equal footing

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Dude now claims he beat chess. What an absolute billionaire.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Next he's going to tell us that thinking about an apple can create antimatter. But explaining how would be below him to explain.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Introducing the Tesla i - the first car to run on antimatter

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A game that's considered a timeless classic, a game people spend their entire lives studying and mastering, a game that enjoys worldwide recognition and respect, and playing which is a synonym for being smart and sophisticated.

vs.

A flavor of the month mobile game.

Truly Elon is a genius.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

FilthyImp posted:

Same idea

I played through Earthbound, FF3 and Super Metroid before throwing it in the closet, tyvm.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

John Yossarian posted:

Does Elon spend any time with his kids? It just seems like he's always online talking about some bullshit, but he never talks about his kids.

probably not

he tried to show off how good of a dad he was by bringing his toddler along to dinner with a reporter, but it was at a fancy restaurant so he just left the kid in the car the entire time

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

John Yossarian posted:

In the financial times interview he did to try to reframe his recent blunders into carefully planned big-brain masterstrokes, he brought X AE12 along with him. And mentioned how much he enjoys this new kid.

And then left the kid in the car while he went in with the reporter to eat dinner.

He seems to only like them when they're young enough to have no opinions or independent thoughts of their own.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Like most boomers, Elon doesn't actually like kids but was forced to have them anyway because it's his "duty" to do so.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

At least one of his kids has publicly distanced themselves and changed their name, and Musk went “you can’t win them all”

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

SolTerrasa posted:

seems obvious that this guy does not hire or recruit in tech.

there totally are weirdos out there who want to work insanely hard on something (“climb a mountain”). they are 22, with minimal experience, and none of them work at twitter. they work at bullshit private companies we have never heard of, and you couldn’t persuade them to work at twitter no matter what.

plus you wouldn’t want to: their skillset is totally different from the skillset you need to run a massive website. the weirdos can crank out a rickety tech demo by working 25 hours a day, but twitter doesn’t need that. twitter’s last new feature was changing the shape of user icons if the icon was an NFT. that took 20 minutes to program and 750 person-years to design, test, review, document, and deploy. the weirdos don’t know how to do any of that and they don’t want to learn.

Hey where do I get one of these jobs for people who work 25 hours on a rickty tech demo?

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Internet Old One posted:

Hey where do I get one of these jobs for people who work 25 hours on a rickty tech demo?

SolTerrasa posted:

working 25 hours a day

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Kowloon Long City makes me think of Dubai Airport. If you've never been there, every terminal is near identical, from the stores, to the arrangement of decor to the fish in the fishtanks. Just duplicated microcosms of consumerism.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

bobjr posted:

At least one of his kids has publicly distanced themselves and changed their name, and Musk went “you can’t win them all”

To be fair you probably can’t if you have like 10 acknowledged children and probably twenty unacknowledged bastards running around and you don’t spend time with any of them.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
Polytopia is pretty fun Civilization-lite game. It’s actually been around for a few years and must have enough of a following because the developer still puts out updates. The game itself is free and then you pay $1-3 for different tribes, some of which have have special powers.

It’s pretty funny that Musk calls out an 8x8 grid, because Polytopia’s standard game world is only 16x16.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I want to see this genius play Dwarf Fortress

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

How about he plays being adult for a little bit.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
This has that "shut up and stick to playing football / acting" vibe that chuds were all about whenever anyone commented on politics that the chuds identified with. Musk is completely blind to the fact that this same phrase and energy can be applied to his unqualified rear end, especially against someone who actually attempted to run in Russian politics in direct opposition of Putin and eventually fled Russia to save himself.

I mean, I enjoy the fact that Musk's main habit seems to be self-ownage, but his creepy fans all take his quips as absolutely truth and it's obnoxious as gently caress.

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

Internet Old One posted:

last one I got offered was at EightSleep (“the mattress that watches you gently caress”) but I think they died or something. try the third page of crunchbase featured funding rounds

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Klyith posted:

In the financial times interview he did to try to reframe his recent blunders into carefully planned big-brain masterstrokes, he brought X AE12 along with him. And mentioned how much he enjoys this new kid.

And then left the kid in the car while he went in with the reporter to eat dinner.

He seems to only like them when they're young enough to have no opinions or independent thoughts of their own.

But enough about Grimes.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

John Yossarian posted:

He took his kids to see the Pope in that orchestrated twitter post, coinciding with the others posts with Musk talking about how people need to make more white babies.

edit: lol at the two Musks on the right end of that photo.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Entorwellian posted:

He took his kids to see the Pope in that orchestrated twitter post, coinciding with the others posts with Musk talking about how people need to make more white babies.

edit: lol at the two Musks on the right end of that photo.

He's totally wearing a girdle in that pic.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

give him a break, he's like 85 years old

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

He's totally wearing a girdle in that pic.

Gotta keep up that presidential posture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's embarrassing that Musk tweets like a dude brand new to a message board in 2002.

"Chess? Ah yes, I've heard of it. Quite a boring ordeal, imo. Anyway, have you heard of a show called cowboy bebop?"