Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cloacamazing! posted:

Help, my girlfriend doesn't flirt with other men?

Okay, some of the stuff is pretty weird and she's taking it to extremes, but half the points on this list are "a guy flirted with her while she was in a relationship, she shot him down and blocked him", and what was she supposed to do here?

Hustle him for endgame gear then trade with her boyfriend and delete the alt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for calling my gf a misandrist/man hater?

So she doesn't want to go on trips that are otherwise men only, she doesn't want to make snacks for you and your bros, she doesn't put up with men flirting with her, and she ditches dudes that are friends with her just to get with her.

Better trash the relationship because she's a strong, confident woman that doesn't put up with men's bullshit.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

But who'll make my snackies then?? :ohdear:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

FMguru posted:

Some ice-cold revenge on that r/r thread favorite, people hijacking someone else's wedding/engagement announcement/baby shower

AITA For Ruining My Brother's Proposal And Refusing To Clear His Name Until He Gives Me Half The Money For My Wedding?

That's some gooooooooood revenge.

Can't argue with the sentiment, but probably poor form to document your blackmail online.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But they put it under little spoiler bars and everything.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Help, my girlfriend doesn't flirt with other men?

Okay, some of the stuff is pretty weird and she's taking it to extremes, but half the points on this list are "a guy flirted with her while she was in a relationship, she shot him down and blocked him", and what was she supposed to do here?

She's supposed to be friends with guys that hit on her for some reason. Its obviously what all women do.

Now, as a man, let me tell you more about the friendship habits of normal women.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Can't argue with the sentiment, but probably poor form to document your blackmail online.

It's fake, so :shrug:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Mr. Mercury posted:

It's fake, so :shrug:

wow way to ruin the thread

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Evil Willow posted:

Ugh. I hate to say this but if she has such an aversion to men that she hates it when her boyfriend flirts with her, requests women be present for all activities, etc, I’d almost think she’s a survivor of sexual assault. I hope that isn’t a correct read of the situation though.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Evil Willow posted:

Seems pretty fake to me

To the extent where I tried to find the original thread and it'd been deleted because the OP's account was suspended. Don't know precisely what that means in Reddit culture but I'm guessing it's not a good sign

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

boofhead posted:

Seems pretty fake to me

To the extent where I tried to find the original thread and it'd been deleted because the OP's account was suspended. Don't know precisely what that means in Reddit culture but I'm guessing it's not a good sign

IIRC if you use a temporary email site to make a throwaway account, Reddit will suspend/shadowban the account, so an account being suspended doesn't tell you much if you already know that it's a throwaway. If anything, it might be an indication that that person hasn't made a bunch of throwaway accounts in the past, since if they had then they would have learned not to use a temp email.

Also, nothing that post describes the "misandrist" gf doing is unreasonable. Asking for a doctor who's a woman can literally be a matter of life and death.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Lottery of Babylon posted:

IIRC if you use a temporary email site to make a throwaway account, Reddit will suspend/shadowban the account, so an account being suspended doesn't tell you much if you already know that it's a throwaway. If anything, it might be an indication that that person hasn't made a bunch of throwaway accounts in the past, since if they had then they would have learned not to use a temp email.

Also, nothing that post describes the "misandrist" gf doing is unreasonable. Asking for a doctor who's a woman can literally be a matter of life and death.

Ahh ok, interesting, I didn't know that

And I figured it's fake not because of the girlfriend but because of the narrator

I guess 24 is still young enough to not know to stay away from this dude, and maybe there's some unmentioned context that justifies what he's offering that she would bother hanging around for, but as it's written I just got huge "oh, this must be a troll" vibes from the OP

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

FMguru posted:

Some ice-cold revenge on that r/r thread favorite, people hijacking someone else's wedding/engagement announcement/baby shower

AITA For Ruining My Brother's Proposal And Refusing To Clear His Name Until He Gives Me Half The Money For My Wedding?

Brothers a complete dick but can't you just go no contact with him like a normal person?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for expecting my husband to help pay for my mom’s housing?

quote:

My husband and I have 2 kids, aged 10 months and 3 years old and I’ve recently returned to work. Child care is extremely expensive and so my mom who was recently widowed came to help us with them. She babysits them when we are working and she has been living in our guest suite. My husband and her do not get along, she was critical of him when we were dating because he doesn’t have a good job and is very messy. I admit the very messy part bothers me too but at this point it’s not worth the argument and I just do all the housework.

So they fight a lot and my husband wants her out of the house. I told him then we need to pay her to care for the kids. $2200 will allow her a small studio apartment and basic things. But he doesn’t want to pay her saying she’s my mom so I should pay her. I told him she is taking care of our kids so he needs to pay at least half but he won’t since he hates her. Ok then I told him I can tell her it’s not working out and we can sign a contract either for a private nanny or a daycare which costs around $2500-$3000 for 2 kids in our area.

Then he gets mad at me and says it’s too expensive and I should be talking care of the kids. I make $4000 a month after taxes so it makes sense for me to go back to work but he says since I’m choosing to go back to work I should pay for all the daycare. He even referred to his mom saying she was stay at home mom and happy about it so I should be too. We’ve had multiple fights about it and I’m sick and tired of it. Right now I’m paying for everything regarding my mom and I think it’s unfair he won’t let me use any joint money because she is babysitting his kids too, but he seems to think anything regarding the kids is my job.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for expecting my husband to help pay for my mom’s housing?

Hmm, I'm no math genius but she'd be better off dumping the twatwaffle husband and getting
child support.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Mega Comrade posted:

Brothers a complete dick but can't you just go no contact with him like a normal person?

Yeah, how is stealing some valor from celebrations in any way in the same league as deliberately going out of the way (ie spending money for the false side piece) to convince a lady that her partner is cheating on her and leading to a child being deprived of one of their parents?

It is such a crazy escalation that he is almost obligated to bam it up another notch in retribution. What could he do? Plant stuff on her hubby to get him in goal for kiddy fiddling? Misrepresent actions so that she gets sacked from her job for dishonesty charges? Will he enjoy the revenge served cold as much as his sister seems to? Does she think that he won't continue to be a dick and because she was first aggrieved that he can't possibly do unhinged poo poo in reply?

A better option (although no-contact is probably the best answer) and if she was so sure would have been just to schedule in the proposal into the wedding planning;

Eg;

Arrival
Ceremony, I do's (1 hr)
Signing of the paperwork (15 mins)
Throwing of bouquet (10 mins)
Brother proposal and public golf claps (five mins)
Photos of wedding party (6hrs)
Reception
etc

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for not converting my cat's room to gaming room for my boyfriend who's about to move in?

"but we JUST got rid of him" lmao

I think if your partner needs a new place because in the old place he was "expected to have a job and pay bills", you might want to reconsider letting him move in with you.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

therobit posted:

Ugh. I hate to say this but if she has such an aversion to men that she hates it when her boyfriend flirts with her, requests women be present for all activities, etc, I’d almost think she’s a survivor of sexual assault. I hope that isn’t a correct read of the situation though.

That's pretty much correct. He commented a ton before it was deleted, and definitely CW here: https://www.unddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/ycku2s/aita_for_calling_my_gf_a_misandristman_hater/

(Hope posting the unddit link is okay)

quote:

OP keeps skipping over this event, but says in another comment that his gf went to a party to pick up a drunk friend of hers. A group of men locked her in a room and she had to kick a window out to escape, and he keeps glossing over this like it’s no big deal.

There's more if you want to be infuriated!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Evil Willow posted:

If I was dating anyone, I'd swear GF was me.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

That's pretty much correct. He commented a ton before it was deleted, and definitely CW here: https://www.unddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/ycku2s/aita_for_calling_my_gf_a_misandristman_hater/

(Hope posting the unddit link is okay)

There's more if you want to be infuriated!

holy fuckin poo poo, OP already earned an rear end in a top hat verdict for that "making snacks for the boys" comment but this is just above and beyond

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not picking up my son from school so I can hang with my friend at the bar?

I like when I can already determine the answer before even reading the body of the topic

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for quitting my job and getting a coworker fired?

quote:

Throwaway account. I (27F) work at a local comic book/collectible store for two years now. I am also a lesbian. A few days ago, one of my coworkers “Jeff” (M35ish) asked me to help him with moving some boxes into storage. I followed him and when we got to the storage room all of the other coworkers on shift were holding flowers. Jeff turned towards me and said (paraphrasing) “You are the most gorgeous female I’ve ever seen. I want to wife you and I’ll protect your honor and make sure you’re satisfied every night”

I was extremely shocked because he’d never shown interest in me before? I pointed out my wedding ring and my lesbian patches and explicitly stated “Sorry, I’m not into guys” Jeff and the other coworkers blew up on me and called me a slut for “leading him on” and “flirting with him like a whore” and made some remarks about how I “need a man to pleasure me” They ended up kind of cornering me so I ran to my car and drove home then I emailed my boss my resignation.

I feel bad because the store had a special promotion going on and was extremely short staffed during that time. my boss called me in a panic to ask me what was going on and why I left when I knew the store needed all hands on deck. I pretty much broke down and told her about how invalidated and horrible I felt and what Jeff did. she sounded shocked and told me that she was sorry to see me go.

When I woke up the next morning my phone was blowing up with text messages from my coworkers telling me that my boss fired Jeff and now “Jeff’s life is ruined” because Jeff is a single father and now he and his kid are going to get evicted since he’s now jobless. I’m really conflicted because his kid doesn’t deserve that. AITA?

but jeff stayed up all night coming up with that line

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Foo Diddley posted:

Find that one hard to believe. What, no other coworker told him that you were married or not into guys???

edit: oh wait, a comic book store

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

PancakeTransmission posted:

Find that one hard to believe. What, no other coworker told him that you were married or not into guys???

edit: oh wait, a comic book store

lol yeah it's that detail that makes me think it might have happened

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Gonna wife the poo poo out of you.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Presented without context:

UPDATE: My “friend” made an absolute fool of himself and idk what to do now

quote:

Update: UGHHHH there’s more

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Serephina posted:

Presented without context:

UPDATE: My “friend” made an absolute fool of himself and idk what to do now

Just a single line and yet it's titleworthy

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Yeah, that's pretty stellar. :hmmyes:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

FMguru posted:

GIVE ME YOUR ATTENTIONS is another good scenario of r/ aita and relationships.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for leaving him at the altar

quote:

A little bit of background. I don't really have a relationship with my father. He was abusive when I was a kid and when i turned 20 I decided to cut hin out of my life. My siblings still talk to him, which is why we still interact on rare occasions, but that's it.

A few months ago, while we were planning the wedding, my fiance and I got into a fight about inviting him. My ex fiance thought because he is my father, he has the right to be at our wedding and I said if my father would be at our wedding, i would not be.

We had a pretty small wedding, 30 people, only close friends and family and my side all know how little I think of my father. So at the day, my maid of honor came to me and asked why I had changed my mind about inviting him. I said I didn't, so she asked why he was sitting in one of the chairs with my stepmother. I was livid. It turns out, my ex fiance invited him. How could he? I made it clear that I didn't want him there. My ex had never met my father at the time. When I asked him he said he just felt like I would regret not inviting my father and now that he was here we couldn't change it. I turned around and left the wedding and him i guess. I called my mother (she was still at the wedding) on my way home, I told her what happened and she suggested I go to her place and she'll handle the rest and tell the groom. I've been staying at her house ever since.

How could he? I clearly established a boundry and he chose to ignore it because he knows better?? How could i marry anyone who would ignore my boundries like that?

So, reddit, am i making a mountain out of a molehill or am I justified in feeling betrayed? I just can't imagine being married to him now that he has disregarded my wishes like that. Am I the rear end in a top hat for leaving him at the altar?

Edit: clarfication about calling my mom

lol, way to fall on your face right at the finish line, homeboy. better luck with the next girl

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for saying lets be real here to my wife when she said we were soulmates?

quote:

My wife first started as a high school sweetheart, then ended in a breakup. She had a LOT of mental health issues. I started a new relationship a year later with someone I fell deeply in love with but checked in on my ex (now wife) out of concern. I moved away with my girlfriend at the time and my ex also moved for college.

We ended up seeing each other during Christmas break. She just looked defeated with life at the time. School was hard, she couldn't make friends, her mental health had worsen...She begged me to stay with her because she didn't think she'd be okay. I stupidly did and things happened. It resulted in her getting pregnant with our son. My girlfriend left me of course. I've hated myself since for ruining a perfect relationship and breaking the heart of someone I actually loved everyday since. I'm an rear end because of that, so you don't need to say it but I fully deserve to hear it.

My wife's family is very religious, and I come from a broken family, so wanting to finally do something selfless, her and I were married. It was mainly for my son to have a stable life. We've been married for 11 years now. Our marriage is fine. No rough patches. Argue may twice a month, but we've never talked about divorce and likely never will. Our son is happy and normal.

My wife has made jokes in the past that we were always meant to be. I don't believe that. My stupid choices lead me here. Not faith or destiny. I enjoy my wife but she isn't my soulmate. She said it once during a time when I was frustrated and I told her come on, lets be real here.

She hasn't said it since.

I've felt guilty about it since then.

AITA?

Update - I took some time after reading these comments. There are a few things I'd like to clear up but I'll start off with a thank you for the judgments. I do agree with a lot of them. I've considered getting therapy as I carry a lot of guilt for things, among many other things.

Regarding my wife, I don't know if this influence any other opinions but I want to mention for better understanding - she herself admitted in the beginning she didn't love me either. Some time ago after getting help for her BPD she told she was struggling with mental health, but the main reason she contacted me that night was due to her jealousy of me being in a happy relationship and just wanted to destroy itand have my attention for her back - not an actual relationship.

Her family would have cut her off if we didn't get married. We wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for their financial support.

Our relationship is a lot more complex than her loving me and me being a deadbeat husband. She is the one who tries to look past our long and unpleasant history by saying it was God's plan and we're meant to be. I don't look at it like this.

Know what this slow burning fire needs? Some gas

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

teen witch posted:

if this was god's plan then god fuckin hates y'all

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

teen witch posted:

Wife: You're my soulmate. I feel like you were God-sent.
OP: Souls aren't real and the only thing sending you is my jizz.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Das Boo posted:

Souls aren't real and the only thing sending you is my jizz.

Noting this down for later

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Foo Diddley posted:

If this is real, I hope the other coworkers also get replaced 'cause those comments were yikes.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Soulmates are stored in the balls.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Soulmates are stored in the balls.

Welcome to the Shrek Crew, pally!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Batterypowered7 posted:

If this is real, I hope the other coworkers also get replaced 'cause those comments were yikes.

you want all the creeps to get fired? next you'll be wanting cat piss guy banned from the store

why do you hate the comic book shop

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Foo Diddley posted:

you want all the creeps to get fired? next you'll be wanting cat piss guy banned from the store

why do you hate the comic book shop

we cant lose cat piss guy, that's 50% of our profit right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
AITA as I refuse to carry my boyfriends book in my bag all day

quote:

AITA I’m (f35) on a hot holiday with my boyfriend (m35) in Spain and trying to carry minimal stuff with me and am getting annoyed that he keeps asking me to carry his stuff in my bag for him on our days out rather than him also taking his rucksack (he won’t as he says he doesn’t like having to carry stuff with him). I’ll carry his hat, after a bit of resistance his boxers that he’d taken off as they were itchy but he was not happy when I said I wouldn’t carry his water bottle yesterday and his reading book today (I’m not taking mine as I don’t want to carry the weight in my handbag all day). I said he has a cheek for asking but he doesn’t see what the problem is. I’ve told him I’m not his mum carrying his stuff all day and he needs to carry his own crap but he can’t see what the problem is as I’ve got a big bag and therefore I should carry his things for him!

mostly uninteresting, but the spoilered bit had me tilting my head and squinting at the screen like a confused dog