Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

omg lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've watched enough footage of it to feel comfortable saying that it looks really sloppy compared to the RE2/3 remakes and should be treated as a novelty. It's clearly designed to be a first person game, with third person there to maybe stretch some more play time out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqBCD3tbWcA

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

I've watched enough footage of it to feel comfortable saying that it looks really sloppy compared to the RE2/3 remakes and should be treated as a novelty. It's clearly designed to be a first person game, with third person there to maybe stretch some more play time out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqBCD3tbWcA

Yeah, I can kinda see what you mean with the whole blocking mechanic and all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Don't get me wrong it doesn't look bad. In fact I'm probably going to play it in third person cause why not. But the movement and perspective seems pretty wonky and more like a good player made mod than a game that is natively supposed to be third person. I sure woudn't make it my first run though.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Any goon impressions of the Resi VIIIage 3rd person mode?

I played the demo, feels shittt to me, he still moves like hes in 1st person, doesnt feel like re2r/3r at all. Like theres no interactions with doors and other little weird things.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Amicia in Plague tale 2 is the first time a video game protagonist constantly chatting at themselves has genuinely started to annoy me and I played forbidden west.

She sucks now

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah after sitting on it a few days I’d say that the visual design of the environments is the only thing in A Plague Tale 2 that really feels like an improvement. They tried to enhance other stuff too, but their combat design is pretty bad, the puzzles are just acceptable, and the more I think on the story the more I hate it.

It’s a shame because the setting really is gorgeous. I might do replays on easy just to tour some of the spots again.

I really miss the loveable rag-tag group of orphans from the first game. They made up for some of the more bonkers plot choices. The new cast… well I don’t know if any cast could have made up for the story turns here, but they’re certainly a step down anyway.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Vikar Jerome posted:

I played the demo, feels shittt to me, he still moves like hes in 1st person, doesnt feel like re2r/3r at all. Like theres no interactions with doors and other little weird things.

:negative:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Personally I think it plays fine. Especially if you compare it to the original RE4 rather than 2 or 3 remakes.

It's definitely more aimed towards people who will get motion sickness from FPS games though.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

As an idiot with no financial sense, I just preordered a DualSense Edge.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Roughly how far into Disco Elysium am I if I just hopped into a boat and went to an island/....??

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

As an idiot with no financial sense, I just preordered a DualSense Edge.

I wonder if they'll be putting pre-orders on Direct any time soon

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Roughly how far into Disco Elysium am I if I just hopped into a boat and went to an island/....??

Pretty far through, I think that was the"play session" I beat it.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I wonder if they'll be putting pre-orders on Direct any time soon

They're up. That's where I pre-ordered.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Pretty far through, I think that was the"play session" I beat it.

Ah cool, yeah story-wise it feels very far into it. I can't wait to play it again actually and try different stuff.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
You're right up near the ending (though it might take another 2 hours depending on how fast you read).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

They're up. That's where I pre-ordered.

Got a link? US site's got nothing from what I can see.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Even if you think the game wants you to rush it, don't. Just explore everything

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Got a link? US site's got nothing from what I can see.

Only to the UK shop, I'm afraid.

https://direct.playstation.com/en-gb/buy-accessories/dualsense-edge-wireless-controller

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol £210

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Yeah, US prolly a few hours out still.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It was a depressing thing to learn about myself that I was willing to pay £210 for backpaddles.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Didnt actually check til just now, thought it was a meme lolmao. I felt sick buying a replacement duelsense and that was like 60

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Vikar Jerome posted:

I felt sick buying a replacement duelsense and that was like 60

the second ps4 controller I bought was €70 and it was sickening

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Base building in HZD2?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

It was a depressing thing to learn about myself that I was willing to pay £210 for backpaddles.

lol same, though apparently i'm rich atm

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Base building in HZD2?
Not really. You get a base, but the only way to 'improve' it is to complete more of the story. And it doesn't provide more mechanical benefits, just story ones.

It's also suuuuper annoying to use as a base because the fast travel spot is like a good 20s walk to a pretty hidden grapple point so you end up not returning there unless you absolutely have to.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shrecknet posted:

Not really. You get a base, but the only way to 'improve' it is to complete more of the story. And it doesn't provide more mechanical benefits, just story ones.

It's also suuuuper annoying to use as a base because the fast travel spot is like a good 20s walk to a pretty hidden grapple point so you end up not returning there unless you absolutely have to.

Well that sucks. Would have been interesting to make the place nicer, populate it, and get buffs or something.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Would have been interesting to make the place nicer, populate it, and get buffs or something.

Yes all that stuff happens.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

One of you is lying.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The base populates with new characters, the environment changes and new areas unlock, and items/quests become available through it.

edit; It's not super deep or anything, but it's worth clicking around on occasion and seeing what's up. There are also two entrances, the east side entrance has a closer checkpoint.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

The base gives you a chest with new items in it occasionally but I never figured out what caused it to reset so I could loot it again

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mr Snips posted:

The base gives you a chest with new items in it occasionally but I never figured out what caused it to reset so I could loot it again

The impression I got was completing a main story quest resets it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
From all the impressions it sounds like god of war 2 Ragnarok is the perfect PS4 swansong

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

JBP posted:

From all the impressions it sounds like god of war 2 Ragnarok is the perfect PS4 swansong

TLOU2 was the perfect PS4 swansong... and yet

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
And by swansong they mean fighter jet afterburners.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

PS4 will never die

The final PS2 game came out the same month as the PS4

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Mustang posted:

Anyone try the Outward Definitive edition on PS5? Thinking of grabbing it, it's always interested me and it looks like now it runs at 60 FPS on PS5?

Runs pretty well. Played a bunch of it with a friend. It's a bizarre game, and there's really nothing else like it, which makes for some really interesting situations but also clunky design choices. Keep in mind the version on PS5 is slightly reworked, so guides and such may not be accurate to certain quests, item locations, even environmental hazards.

Edit: At one point, got defeated and captured by bandits, then put to work in their base nearby. Did some quest stuff, escaped the place, but realized we left our equipment behind. Went back, purposefully got captured, had to escape again, made it out. Actually found our equipment outside where we were defeated. Well, poo poo. Picked it up, but were so close to death from wounds and the cold weather that we decided, gently caress it, hopefully a hunter will pick us up when we fall and bring us back to base.

Nope, too close to bandit base. Captured again. gently caress.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Mr Snips posted:

I checked whenever i went there between quests and it seemed to restock often. I think I've gotten a couple stormbird cannons from it