Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

DualSense Edge US link: https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/accessories/accessory/dualsense-edge-wireless-controller.1000033578

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

How loving big is this controller meant to be?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

univbee posted:

How loving big is this controller meant to be?

We finally have something to rival the OG xbox controller.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s big alright…..a big load of crap!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s big alright…..a big load of crap!!!

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
drat i want that controller but idk if i want to spend 200 bones.. maybe if i hear that the battery life is like 18 hours or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pOv4ovN-dM

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Preordered my $200 back buttons. It makes me hate myself and want to die... slightly less than clicking sticks does. Blech 🤮

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Not even taking the price into account I'm wary about the back paddles. I Love regular buttons on the back but I generally don't like how paddles feel.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

acksplode posted:

Preordered my $200 back buttons. It makes me hate myself and want to die... slightly less than clicking sticks does. Blech 🤮

if it makes you feel any better i hate that you have two hundo to spend on a minor inconvenience but i am glad you can get it sorted out

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Not even taking the price into account I'm wary about the back paddles. I Love regular buttons on the back but I generally don't like how paddles feel.

I'm not too concerned, the DS4 back buttons are effectively paddles anyway. They're anchored at the inside end and so you have to press on the outside end to get enough leverage for a click. In any case if this thing fails as a device, it'll work as an investment when Sony raises MSRP in a year or two due to supply chain difficulties and inflation related to *rolls dice* Pakistan invading *rolls dice* Armenia.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Have they said what the replacement sticks are going to cost?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Fix posted:

Have they said what the replacement sticks are going to cost?

$20 https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/accessories/accessory/stick-module-for-dualsense-edge-wireless-controller.1000032646

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The replaceable sticks and their relatively low price are great, but the triggers could be an issue since the non-replaceable haptic triggers failing on a $200usd controller would be extremely rough.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

acksplode posted:

I'm not too concerned, the DS4 back buttons are effectively paddles anyway. They're anchored at the inside end and so you have to press on the outside end to get enough leverage for a click. In any case if this thing fails as a device, it'll work as an investment when Sony raises MSRP in a year or two due to supply chain difficulties and inflation related to *rolls dice* Pakistan invading *rolls dice* Armenia.

I honestly didn't like the back button attachment at all. It made the back of the controller uncomfortably crowded imo.

Of course that was an add on and these are built into the controller so I'd hope they are more ergonomic.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Morpheus posted:

Runs pretty well. Played a bunch of it with a friend. It's a bizarre game, and there's really nothing else like it, which makes for some really interesting situations but also clunky design choices. Keep in mind the version on PS5 is slightly reworked, so guides and such may not be accurate to certain quests, item locations, even environmental hazards.

Edit: At one point, got defeated and captured by bandits, then put to work in their base nearby. Did some quest stuff, escaped the place, but realized we left our equipment behind. Went back, purposefully got captured, had to escape again, made it out. Actually found our equipment outside where we were defeated. Well, poo poo. Picked it up, but were so close to death from wounds and the cold weather that we decided, gently caress it, hopefully a hunter will pick us up when we fall and bring us back to base.

Nope, too close to bandit base. Captured again. gently caress.

LMAO, that sounds completely unlike anything I've ever played except for maybe Kenshi, which I only played for a bit. I think I'm going to get it, not sure I can convince any of my friends to play it with me though. They were super whiny about the "difficulty" of Elden Ring.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

imhotep posted:

drat i want that controller but idk if i want to spend 200 bones.. maybe if i hear that the battery life is like 18 hours or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pOv4ovN-dM

I'm so hyped for this game I stopped looking up any other video game stuff on the slight chance of spoilers, and even now I've still seen screenshots on random other pages.

At least these videos will sustain me till it drops. gently caress, I need to take the 9th off.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I have to use 2 weeks of vacation days anyway before the year is up, so 2 days for God of War is okay for me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is it really only 2 paddles? I thought 4 was what scuff guys wanted

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

What, and add another ~$140?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Maybe it'll be compatible with the cheap back button attachment that Sony will announce 5 minutes after I receive my controller

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Semi-pro controller

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

New State of Play that's just the PS5 unboxing guy hideously grafting more buttons and joysticks onto the DualSense controller while the price ticks up in $150 increments.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

acksplode posted:

Maybe it'll be compatible with the cheap back button attachment that Sony will announce 5 minutes after I receive my controller

I don't want to wish for anything bad like this to happen to you and yet...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So did Gotham Knights end up being any good?

Like if I enjoyed the Arkham series would I know Knights?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Infinitum posted:

It ended up being liquid rear end OP.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

acksplode posted:

o7 we thank you for your sacrifice

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

No. It turned out to have performance issues while not looking as good as Arkham Knight, and also not be very fun if you push through all that

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Infinitum posted:

no lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Infinitum posted:

It was a GaaS that clearly had the aaS removed so it’s just a G with nothing interesting going on. Looks like rear end. Fighting is rear end

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
God bless ‘em, they were very truthful in their advertising what sort of game it was going to be

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Great. A whole bunch of money saved

Glad I looked up the ending now lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jose Oquendo posted:

It was a GaaS that clearly had the aaS removed so it’s just a G with nothing interesting going on. Looks like rear end. Fighting is rear end

You know what they say, when you GaaS you make an aas out of G

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the most damning thing I’ve seen about Gotham Knights is that they apparently took Arkham’s combat and removed counterattacks.

why would they even do that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Because it was supposed to be a gaas mtx wallet emptier so they had to remove mechanics like that to make sure there would always be something to keep the player on the treadmill

Being able to counter everything makes combat more skill based instead of funnelling you straight into buying +10 bat gloves of punching from the cash shop

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Augus posted:

the most damning thing I’ve seen about Gotham Knights is that they apparently took Arkham’s combat and removed counterattacks.

why would they even do that.

And there’s no combo system. Like…why.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dewgy posted:

And there’s no combo system. Like…why.

Wait, really? :laffo:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

History Comes Inside! posted:

Because it was supposed to be a gaas mtx wallet emptier so they had to remove mechanics like that to make sure there would always be something to keep the player on the treadmill

Being able to counter everything makes combat more skill based instead of funnelling you straight into buying +10 bat gloves of punching from the cash shop

but they could have the enemy swing a level 50 crowbar at you and you need a level 51 bat reflex enhancer in order to successfully counter attack without them breaking your wrist and putting you in the Bat-Hospital for 3 real-life weeks (spend Bat-Gems to speed up the recovery process!)

huge wasted opportunity imo

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Also the animations look so bad, they kept the Arkham fluidity and lock-on but dropped the cool acrobatics that make Batman bouncing across the arena between enemies look believable. So you have Batgirl sorta gliding against the ground to get to places. I had this thing pegged as garbage as soon as I understood it was a loot game from the team behind Arkham Origins, nothing I've learned since has really surprised me. Except for the empty city that compares poorly with Arkham Knight and 30 fps, I wasn't doubtful enough to see those coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Funniest thing is the bikes are slow so you don't get across the map too quick I guess but they put speedlines on the screen and zoom out the camera but you just look at the scenery moving past and it's going at like maybe 20mph.