Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

2house2fly posted:

Obligatory link to this mod guide: https://vivanewvegas.github.io/

Following the guide up to "utilities" or maybe "bug fixes" is a quick and easy recipe for hours of stable New Vegas gaming

I'll install all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

2house2fly posted:

Obligatory link to this mod guide: https://vivanewvegas.github.io/

Following the guide up to "utilities" or maybe "bug fixes" is a quick and easy recipe for hours of stable New Vegas gaming

This is how I played NV to completion for the very first time earlier this year and it is absolutely the best way. It is mostly vanilla with some quality of life and rebalance changes that the developers would have liked to have done in the end.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Reminder that the Sims 4 will be free starting October 18th.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's like an 80% chance you already got the base game free at some point.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

There's like an 80% chance you already got the base game free at some point.
If you already have the base game, there's a free DLC, Desert Luxe Kit, that will become not-free when the base game goes free. I linked to the Steam version but it's also free on Origin and consoles.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
Started playing Darkwood. Really great game and atmosphere. Reminds me a lot of Dreamweb, for some reason.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I'm afraid to take Sims 4 for free out of fear that I might end up buying one of the 400 expansion packs. Also, from what I have seen, there is no reason to play it over Sims 3, which I have.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-edit: gifted

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 20, 2022

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I have a code for Middle-Earth: Shadow of War via GOG if anyone wants it

Sure, PM it to me if you can.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Evoland and Fallout 3 are up on Epic.

Next week is Saturnalia and Warhammer 40k: Mechanicus

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

A good poster posted:

Sure, PM it to me if you can.

Gotchu, PM sent

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Mechanicus is pretty great if you like Xcom style tactical shooters. Mandalore did a good review of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirkpurLHkU

Also:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Axetrain posted:

Mechanicus is pretty great if you like Xcom style tactical shooters. Mandalore did a good review of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirkpurLHkU

Also:

You had me at xcom

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You had me at xcom

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

One of the games that is worth it for the soundtrack alone.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
There seems to be some argument over whether the EGS version of Fallout 3 can be modded and/or used for TTW. gg bethesda!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

2house2fly posted:

There seems to be some argument over whether the EGS version of Fallout 3 can be modded and/or used for TTW. gg bethesda!
The only thing about this I could find on Google was a Reddit thread from a day ago saying "yeah it works I tried it". Got sources on the uncertainty?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The Sims 4! Base game is free!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Urbz NDS > 2 > 1 > 3 > 4

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

tokin opposition posted:

Urbz NDS > 2 > 1 > 3 > 4

If this is ironic it shouldn't be. Urbz on the DS was the most fun and memorable Sims experience I've ever had.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zesty posted:

Blows my mind that Nintendo never did this with Animal Crossing.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

they did venture into ongoing monetization schemes with the mobile version of animal crossing

it has a $12/month subscription tier now

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

repiv posted:

it has a $12/month subscription tier now

:barf:

Amazing for all the wrong reasons.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Zesty posted:

No cost?

No! Cost!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Zesty posted:

And this is with most of it on SALE

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Waffleman_ posted:

And this is with most of it on SALE

That's a great deal for the value! Imagine the countless hours you will not be spending playing this free game!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

PinheadSlim posted:

If this is ironic it shouldn't be. Urbz on the DS was the most fun and memorable Sims experience I've ever had.

100% serious

Anyway it rules that they've been making the exact same expansion packs as Sims 1 but adding less and less with every generation

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Urbz on NDS was good, but also pretty limited in the end game. You'll get the best apartment, you'll have all the money you need, but there's no more incentive to do anything and the item catalogue is scant.

I did do everything the game offers, though, and spent hours farming petrified wood. You just run out of stuff to do, and it's not like the regular Sims where you just start up a new character with new challenges/goals.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But if you're playing the DS version, you don't get the Simlish version of Let's Get It Started where it's incredibly clear that they're still singing the version with the slur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMRGUH6sUEs

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

tokin opposition posted:

100% serious

Anyway it rules that they've been making the exact same expansion packs as Sims 1 but adding less and less with every generation

Yep. I have Sims 1 'Complete' and, while it had some serious issues, each of the 8 or so expansions was loaded with content. I had the disc versions of all of the Sims 2 stuff as well and then I benefited from the free Origin giveaway, but that was when they started to take the piss. Sims 3 was in incredible game to the point that I see no reason to play Sims 4, but buying all of the offical content for that game cost around £70,000... and they wonder why we pirate this poo poo.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Waffleman_ posted:

But if you're playing the DS version, you don't get the Simlish version of Let's Get It Started where it's incredibly clear that they're still singing the version with the slur.

haha, this fuckin rules

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

Waffleman_ posted:

(incredibly annoying 15 year old voice) This is what all rap music sounds like, to me

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I always wondered why I never heard the r-slur version after a certain period of time, never realised they just changed the words and acted like they never did it in the first place.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If you listen to the song, which I have a fair bit recently since it's regularly on my store's radio, they literally changed none of the other lyrics and they are still very much about becoming mentally impaired.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Tesseraction posted:

I always wondered why I never heard the r-slur version after a certain period of time, never realised they just changed the words and acted like they never did it in the first place.

I was having this exact conversation a few weeks ago with my friend at a live college football game, because the song is frequently used for hype at live sports events. My point was that young people of a certain age will probably only ever know the sanitized version of the song and that the original will become a footnote in history to be raised as an obscure trivia question decades from now.

Waffleman_ posted:

Also I had no idea this existed, so thank you for this. My friends and I had a big lol about it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
did we talk about how wolfenstein enemy territory is free on gog right now?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ilmucche posted:

did we talk about how wolfenstein enemy territory is free on gog right now?

Always has been, right? It was released as freeware in 2003!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Might've always been freeware but maybe recently added to gog? I played it in like 2006 and it was great online, even on 56k

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
It's been recently added to steam, too.
But if you want to play ET you probably want ET Legacy for QOL.

https://www.etlegacy.com/download

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah, Enemy Territory was made available on Steam and GOG after the Bethesda.net launcher shut down, as part of the general migration of older games from there. A lot of people complained about there only being insane modded servers up, so there's now official vanilla servers hosted by Id and GOG.