Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I love how all the news articles are about how the Canucks gutsily lost being outshot 42-18 including 15-3 in the 3rd simply because they're out of negative things to say now.

Keep it up boys, I didn't think my Bedard dreams had any hope of becoming a reality a month ago!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

God that Stephenson, Eichel, Stone line is loving insane. I hope Cassidy sticks with that for tough matchups.

And for all my B.C. homies think about getting Bedard.

Edit: For all the disaffected Cannucks fans out there there is a new podcast called I Hate This Team which as a non Cannuck fan and general hockey watcher I've enjoyed. For Vancouver fans you can bathe the schadenfreude.

Literally fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Oct 25, 2022

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anybody have goalie slide tackle on their bingo cards?

https://twitter.com/EHClothing/status/1584718482980995073?s=20&t=Gy4thE5rHE9rAT_Au7sFpA

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

The Detroit Red Wings are the only team in the NHL without a loss in regulation.

I came to this thread since I have barely been watching for the last few years as I was so disillusioned with Blashill and the continued losing. I'm finally paying attention again and learning all these young guys. I don't expect this to last but it's been a hell of a start to the season.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Chad Sexington posted:

I was expecting to be more impressed with the Devils.

That game was every Devils loss this season. Outshoot your opponent 2-1 and lose because of goaltending and lack of finish.

The Caps aren't gonna make the playoffs playing like that though. Could have easily been 3-0 Devils after the first.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

T-Bone posted:

That game was every Devils loss this season. Outshoot your opponent 2-1 and lose because of goaltending and lack of finish.

The Caps aren't gonna make the playoffs playing like that though. Could have easily been 3-0 Devils after the first.

Yeah the Caps just got some good bounces and had good finishing like on the Sheary snipe. They are old and slow and will finish close to .500 I bet.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/krrutherford/status/1584886202427023361?s=46&t=8HEPpxt33_uRVMdmXxmA-Q

I love him so much

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Devils need to figure out the PP. Hoping Holtz dresses tonight and sees time there although I'm concerned he's gonna look jittery if he's barely playing at ES.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Every hockey player should strive to be as cool as Kessel.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/grittystan69/status/1584671094401007616?t=WI4T7DKwqtfxFCnaX7d-Gg&s=19

I want to believe

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

T-Bone posted:

Devils need to figure out the PP. Hoping Holtz dresses tonight and sees time there although I'm concerned he's gonna look jittery if he's barely playing at ES.

They haven't been able to figure out the PP for what? 5 years?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

fisting by many posted:

He's had some controller disconnected moments last year, too.

The Athletic also ran a longform article about how Miller had problems giving a poo poo going back to junior, but now that he's gotten over that he is successful, which really should have been a warning sign.

The world record holder for Athletes Not Giving A poo poo has to be the baseball player (who'd been a #1 overall pick) who abruptly retired, in the middle of the season, on the day he hit 10 years of Major League service time, thus a fully vested pension.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

mcmagic posted:

They haven't been able to figure out the PP for what? 5 years?

One of those PP goals they allowed was a pure Ovi one time dinger that ain’t nobody stopping. But the shorty they gave up was loving hilariously bad.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Hot dogs have a lot of water in them

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

The world record holder for Athletes Not Giving A poo poo has to be the baseball player (who'd been a #1 overall pick) who abruptly retired, in the middle of the season, on the day he hit 10 years of Major League service time, thus a fully vested pension.

why is there not a jon bois pretty good on this guy already

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Phil Kessel for the HHOF.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Hot dogs have a lot of water in them

Phil Kessel and the Hot Dog Flavored Water

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Phil Kessel and the Hot Dog Flavored Water

Phil Durst

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

sucks to be Kieth Yandle rn

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

sucks to be Kieth Yandle rn

He had his chance to kneecap Phil to protect the title. That would have required Phil going into the corners to dig out hard pucks though, so maybe they've never met.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu9QqlK2nX0&t=237s

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Jhet posted:

He had his chance to kneecap Phil to protect the title. That would have required Phil going into the corners to dig out hard pucks though, so maybe they've never met.

You say that like down in the corners digging out pucks is where Yandle hangs out

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

You say that like down in the corners digging out pucks is where Yandle hangs out

Yeah... the corners of the inside of his own net!! Hahaha

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Holy poo poo
https://twitter.com/JacketsInsider/status/1584922729840533504

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/jhallnbcs/status/1584939007141552128?s=46&t=Uicw_gHLmY3L6BmLq4OyFQ

Well that was a fun start to the season

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Twitter posted:

John Tortorella is uncertain on his timeline.

"I mean, I could be gone by Christmas or I could still be here benching guys for not blocking shots and playing whole periods with 16 skaters in 2026. It's hard to say."

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

Which player is this

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

CBJSprague24 posted:

For those jersey shopping, Fanatics is having a sale which actually includes them for once. Grabbed a Laine CBJ jersey for 30% off.

E- FansEdge is also doing it- found through am ad on Facebook with the knocked-down price.

Thanks for this. I've been wanting a Fox home jersey for a while now :getin:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Clearly, me finally buying his jersey summoned him. Or something. Because holy :aaaaa:.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Post on reddit says that in east vs west match-ups so far this season, the east has a record of 29-8-4.

Get your poo poo together western teams.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

xzzy posted:

Post on reddit says that in east vs west match-ups so far this season, the east has a record of 29-8-4.

No

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1584773731125456896

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

xzzy posted:

Half of those wins are against 3 teams.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

they used to give out sticks, but i guess the pillow is cheaper

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

Phil Kessel for the HHOF.
that's "Two Time Stanley Cup Champion Phil Kessel" to you

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Aren't Fanatics jerseys kinda crap? Or have they gotten better?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Fanatics everything is kind of crap

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

he'll probably score six goals tonight while he's stuck on my IR in yahoo :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Fifty Three posted:

that's "Two Time Stanley Cup Champion Phil Kessel" to you

It's also, "Should Have Won the Conn Smythe" Phil Kessel.