Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

dead gay comedy forums posted:

so victoria 3 is a game that it is real and exists and going to be launched like soon

holy poo poo

Victoria 4 or riot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I have about 4 hours of completely free time the next 2 evenings after work, no kids or wife, yessssssssssssssss

I, too, have no kids or wife

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

John Lee posted:

I, too, have no kids or wife

you'll get to play a lot more than me then!

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i'm sure it's been talked about a lot but i really got into paradox games after reading wiz's let's plays in these forums. it's mad that he made victoria 3. nice work if you're reading this :cheers:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

So does the game ship with a ship designer or not? I want to ship Franz Joseph I with Duchess Sophie Charlotte Augustine in Bavaria.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeron posted:

Steam is wrong, it's 1hr 40min till release as of now. 12pm EST.

drat I knew that thing couldn't be right.

Also salty Vic2 modders will never not be funny.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Im beginning to think this entire thing has been an elaborate troll and Vic3 isn't actually releasing.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I've been impatiently waiting for this game for 10 years. It hasn't come out yet. I don't know how they expect me to believe it'll come out in the next 10 minutes.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Eiba posted:

I've been impatiently waiting for this game for 10 years. It hasn't come out yet. I don't know how they expect me to believe it'll come out in the next 10 minutes.

Was just telling MY GIRLFRIEND this

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
CK3/eu4/Vic3/Bannerlord/Stellaris integrated campaign when

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I am hype

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Installing now!

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

Vichan posted:

Installing now!

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Vichan posted:

Installing now!

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Vichan posted:

Installing now!
I wish I didn't have to go to work in two hours!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Vichan posted:

Installing now!

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Got a flu jab in like half an hour

It'll probably make me feel like poo poo for the next week and not want to play

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Game won't launch lol

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Why the gently caress do I still have to restart Steam for it to let me start downloading, I thought they fixed that literally years ago

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
I'm in. Can confirm the game launches.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Why haven't you got any achievements yet, what have you been doing for the past three minutes!?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

so it's real then. what the gently caress.

welp seems we have the evening's program set out

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
wtf the .exe is 5kb and it's a png saying April's fools????????????????

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

So frustrating. Tried restarting Steam and verifying the game files. Guess I'll poke around that file with a text editor and see if I can fix it manually.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Kibbles n Shits posted:

So frustrating. Tried restarting Steam and verifying the game files. Guess I'll poke around that file with a text editor and see if I can fix it manually.

Just keeping to the Vicky 2 tradition of the steam version being horribly broken.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Kibbles n Shits posted:

lmao im getting this too, auspicious start

e: go to Vicky/launcher, edit "formatVersion" to 1 i think

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 25, 2022

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I just let it sit for a moment and it let me know an updated launcher was ready

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
if any of you all are as stupid as me and trying to play it on a mac, my m1 max was getting like 15 FPS on the map screen, so switched over to Windows :smith:

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

StashAugustine posted:

lmao im getting this too, auspicious start

I opened up the launcher-settings.json file and changed formatVersion to just "1" instead of "1.1" and it did launch finally.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Kibbles n Shits posted:

I opened up the launcher-settings.json file and changed formatVersion to just "1" instead of "1.1" and it did launch finally.

Thank you, this does indeed fix it!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I still have half a day at work and a gym visit to get to before I can touch Vicky3, Im gonna have to live vicariously through this thread for a bit

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Capfalcon posted:

I just let it sit for a moment and it let me know an updated launcher was ready

I got around it by installing the launcher manually with [steam]/steamapps/common/Victoria 3/launcher/launcher-installer-windows.msi, which seems to install a stand-alone launcher. Victoria 3 doesn't actually appear in said stand-alone launcher (since I haven't registered it to my PDX account?), but updating that launcher made the game launch properly through Steam.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's installing! Delaying my lunch break so I can use it to start playing.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
It took quite a while for the main menu to load, my computer started sounding like a leaf-blower and there was no music while it was initializing, but the game finally started. It's real!

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

Xerophyte posted:

I got around it by installing the launcher manually with [steam]/steamapps/common/Victoria 3/launcher/launcher-installer-windows.msi, which seems to install a stand-alone launcher. Victoria 3 doesn't actually appear in said stand-alone launcher (since I haven't registered it to my PDX account?), but updating that launcher made the game launch properly through Steam.

Good shout, that worked for me as well :)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Decided to play Columbia district as my first country and it's really weird how paradox decided to make the largest island on the west coast of the americas into a big weird peninsula????

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Already almost 35k people playing. Spot 25 on Steam atm, and no.1 on bestsellers. Good job, Paradox.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Where do I go to see pop needs?

Also amazing job Johan, Wiz et al. Very smooth so far, gorgeous map, nice UI. I like the pop portraits, they add a lot of character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I really disliked how the game looked when it was announced. Now though, especially now that I see it in game, it's very beautiful. So good work whoever's been working on that the last 18 months or so.