Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Pft, main theme is not waking up my neighbour when it starts blazing, want my money back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Kibbles n Shits posted:

I opened up the launcher-settings.json file and changed formatVersion to just "1" instead of "1.1" and it did launch finally.

extreme in situ bugfixing action

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://www.twitch.tv/drkarmicknight
A Quick Game of RELEASE DAY Victoria 3 MP

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

i appreciate there is already a piss yellow prussia mod out

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Baronjutter posted:

Decided to play Columbia district as my first country and it's really weird how paradox decided to make the largest island on the west coast of the americas into a big weird peninsula????

British Columbia is... Wrong

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I still genuinely miss the newspapers from Vicky2.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

Star posted:

Already almost 60k people playing. Spot 11 on Steam atm, and no.1 on bestsellers. Good job, Paradox.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Baronjutter posted:

Decided to play Columbia district as my first country and it's really weird how paradox decided to make the largest island on the west coast of the americas into a big weird peninsula????

Paradox always turns peninsulas into islands, and islands into peninsulas.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

British Columbia is... Wrong

It's especially funny because you know this pisses off the islanders.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Tried out playing USCA for 30 minutes and Nicaragua seceded within three months. O..,kay? Maybe I'll wait for someone to figure out how to reduce turmoil before playing them again.

Cakebaker
Jul 23, 2007
Wanna buy some cake?
Anyone else get an error when trying to launch the game?

General error
We were unable to parse tgr launcher settings file. Settings.formatVersion should be integer. Settings.formatVersion should be equal to constant. Make sure you have a valid configuration and try again.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Edit: sorry just saw a post on this page talking about it

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Anno posted:

I really disliked how the game looked when it was announced. Now though, especially now that I see it in game, it's very beautiful. So good work whoever's been working on that the last 18 months or so.

This game has been in development since at least 2018 when my ex worked at Paradox.

Theyve done an amazing job.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

played an hour of vicky 3 before i had to work and its everything i wanted, spinning all the plates is really satisfying.

i am extremely happy.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

eXXon posted:

Tried out playing USCA for 30 minutes and Nicaragua seceded within three months. O..,kay? Maybe I'll wait for someone to figure out how to reduce turmoil before playing them again.
The country historically fell apart in '38, so it seems pretty fair that anything but perfect play should blow it up. Definitely seems like an Expert-level country if balanced appropriately.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
literally me rn

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

DrSunshine posted:

literally me rn

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

How do you form canada? It says I need to control the various other canadian territories but like... how do I get them?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

You need good relations with Britain, good relations with the colony you're trying to confederate, a bigger GDP than that colony, and the Nationalism tech iirc

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

eXXon posted:

USCA is hard mode, in vicky 2 the most viable path towards unification was to use AI exploits to beat secessionist armies. no idea what it takes in vicky 3 but probably a lot of luck

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
WASD controls, anything else is just gravy.

Who knows, maybe in 5 or 10 years every Paradox game will use WASD controls.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The sickening feeling when I have to mosey up to the Brits to actually get any higher tier resources like tools or paper in my third-world hellhole that I call home.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've got low market access to the british market. It's still a nice 97% but the game isn't really explaining why or how to improve this. Do I need a port or is the bottleneck out of my hands in the UK? It just says due to "low shipping lane effectiveness" through the ports of Quebec and Lancaster. Does this mean those 2 ports need upgrades? Game, plz explain.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

So have we found the Hilarious Victoria Launch Bug yet?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
^^^^
Does launcher not launching for a bunch of people count?

Baronjutter posted:

How do you form canada? It says I need to control the various other canadian territories but like... how do I get them?

So quill's video said something about there being a journal entry that lets you annex other Baby Canadas if, IIRC, they like you and you have better GDP. Anyway, look around your journal.

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 25, 2022

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
So how much communism can I build in this game?

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Just bought this and installing. First game I've bought at full price for a while. Pretty dumb to make that a Paradox game but w/e I've never claimed to be smart with money.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

grate deceiver posted:

based on Potato's stream yesterday: a lot

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
There's already an anime mod, it makes body pillows a tradeable good.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

grate deceiver posted:

a fair amount

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Every Princely State uses the same flavor text about "can they become free from British rule?"

...except Bhopal which uses the generic text about industry. tugs collar

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

based on Potato's stream yesterday: a lot

Waifu Radia posted:

a fair amount

Well then I'm convinced

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Got about a decade as Sweden before i had to go to work. Not really sure how to continue industrializing, I'm paying off a bunch of loans right now and can't really figure out what the best goods to produce are

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Got a couple years in as Mexico before work, felt good to start reforming and building up resource base, but for some reason its hard to find where my subsistence farms are to properly commercialize them, and the UI as a whole feels kinda janky.

Def v excited to pick it back up tonight

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

StashAugustine posted:

Got about a decade as Sweden before i had to go to work. Not really sure how to continue industrializing, I'm paying off a bunch of loans right now and can't really figure out what the best goods to produce are

I think starting out big on tools and logging camps/furniture are what I see most people going with

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On one hand I want to play, but it's hard to do when working...ahahaha sorry couldn't finish it.

Loading it up now.

Anyone already start the Opium War yet?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Waifu Radia posted:

but for some reason its hard to find where my subsistence farms are to properly commercialize them, and the UI as a whole feels kinda janky.

Isn't it just F3 to bring up buildings and then Rural? Or press F3 twice. Then click the farms to see how they're distributed by state.

So far the UI seems excellent for the massive amount of information it's being tasked with displaying. There's a ton to get around but getting around it seems intuitive.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've had really good results with food industries.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Zzzzz when did Paradox get a launcher?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If you're part of a big market there seems to be very little profit using your valuable workforce on raw materials. Go big with factories and make big money. So much of the economy is just guesswork though, and the tooltips are often very wrong. Almost every building I propose shows a huge loss, but then generate huge stacks of cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Waifu Radia posted:

Got a couple years in as Mexico before work, felt good to start reforming and building up resource base, but for some reason its hard to find where my subsistence farms are to properly commercialize them, and the UI as a whole feels kinda janky.

Def v excited to pick it back up tonight

subsistence farms are what you have when your arable land is not used for an organized farm. if i have 100 arable land and 5 wheat farms and 5 cow farms it is assumed the other 90 unused farms are subsistence farms for my miserable peasants