Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

subsistence farms are what you have when your arable land is not used for an organized farm. if i have 100 arable land and 5 wheat farms and 5 cow farms it is assumed the other 90 unused farms are subsistence farms for my miserable peasants

yes and I want to build my new farms where there’s a dummy number of peasants so they go work there instead

Anno posted:

Isn't it just F3 to bring up buildings and then Rural? Or press F3 twice. Then click the farms to see how they're distributed by state.

So far the UI seems excellent for the massive amount of information it's being tasked with displaying. There's a ton to get around but getting around it seems intuitive.

Will try this when off work, Ty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I think starting out big on tools and logging camps/furniture are what I see most people going with
Sweden is an IKEA with a state.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
My dumb rear end tried to play it over lunch break "for a few minutes". Luckily it wasn't too long, but holy balls game good.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So the game is decent?

Looks like the gamer brigade is real angry about the war system and how the game is super woke.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Started a game as Brazil and spent the next hour being overwhelmed with menus, buttons, a huge list of goods, buildings, options, all sorts of minutiae about every single facet of my country and absolutely no idea what to focus on, what my immediate needs are, or even how the hell to do anything. I never even started the timer and just kept it paused the whole time.

In other words, it's everything I ever wanted based on first impressions :allears:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

appropriatemetaphor posted:

So the game is decent?

Looks like the gamer brigade is real angry about the war system and how the game is super woke.

if you liked what you saw in the dev diaries you will probably enjoy it yes.

gamers being wrong and angry about it is to be expected.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

The game about imperialism is woke??

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

So the game is decent?

war has been abstracted so that you dont click armies and order them around. this removes like 90% of the advanced gameplay strats of baiting and exploiting AI into deeply unfavorable battles so you can ahistorically annihilate them and do extreme pro strats like conquering the world as fiji

dunno what the woke stuff is about but i assume they complain about everything being woke these days

TwoQuestions posted:

My dumb rear end tried to play it over lunch break "for a few minutes". Luckily it wasn't too long, but holy balls game good.

yeah i played over my lunch hour and now i'm mad i had to drag myself back to work

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

TwoQuestions posted:

:same:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to see the demographics of foreign provinces/nations? I always enjoyed poking around to see what absurdities other places went through, or which group ended up replacing the Irish as the teeming masses in the USA.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Oh dear...

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Waifu Radia posted:

Will try this when off work, Ty!

In the videos I saw that some sort of macro builder mode (dunno how to get to it) had a "peasants" column (along with estimates on profitability).

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
played 90 minutes of Tutorial Sweden, stated getting friendly with Prussia, declared a trade pact, changed interest from NGermany to Africa

Prussia does its thing, you know gobble up minors, suddenly im in a big serious War, but how?

turns out the UK allied/guaranteed a German Minor and now the Royal Navy is ganking my convoys :(

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

OddObserver posted:

In the videos I saw that some sort of macro builder mode (dunno how to get to it) had a "peasants" column (along with estimates on profitability).

Yeah you can also just click through to the building you want to build and it’ll give you a list of states, their peasant population and a (perhaps dubiously accurate?) estimate of profits.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
The UI is unironically very similar to Victoria 1's, which is a big lmao for all the people who said it was "mobile game ui"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's see what Mods are already out....
https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/mods/51803/Any

"This mod adds Russian names to Ukraine and Belarus. There are still some problems like Odesa not becoming "Odessa" but this is the first time I try to mod so if anyone can help me in how to fix this I'd appreciate it!"

Yeah I reported that one. Never done that before, but yeah I'm not liking that one. Historical names world whole regions or the worlds, no issue, doing that only...yeah.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 25, 2022

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

So the game is decent?

I love this because those two points should be mutually exclusive but arent because of gamers.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kris xK posted:

I love this because those two points should be mutually exclusive but arent because of gamers.

The game with the slave trade and opium dealing....is woke?

Also Vicky always had a far more abstracted war system, so I'm confused about that issue.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

awww man I was having a great run as Columbia District. HBC managed to snag the rest of Canada but our GDP's were about on par. I guess theirs was a touch higher as I just got the game-over screen due to being annexed. I can continue as HBC though...

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marshal Prolapse posted:

They made a woman conveniently be the ruler of the strongest empire in the game, it's political correctness gone mad.

I'm desperate for live feedback on this release.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mans posted:

They made a woman conveniently be the ruler of the strongest empire in the game, it's political correctness gone mad.

I'm desperate for live feedback on this release.

:lol:

The smallest and most fragile egos.

EDIT: Wish the game would actually load...but eh first day fun.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 25, 2022

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Does starting a game with objectives instead of sandbox do anything other than, you know, give you prefixed objectives with no reward?

I'm pretty sure i am a sandbox player, but I am not sure if i am missing something.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

So the game is decent?

its always fun seeing how many posts someone who is incredibly angry about this game someone goes before mentioning that they got banned from the pdx forums

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
Lmao of course today is the day my kid, by whose sleep schedule you could normally set your loving watch, decides she can't sleep. There is nothing left but to raise my fist to the heavens and curse God.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

anyone have the pic of the different hbc flags?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guildencrantz posted:

Lmao of course today is the day my kid, by whose sleep schedule you could normally set your loving watch, decides she can't sleep. There is nothing left but to raise my fist to the heavens and curse God.

Also sell drugs and do English crimes.

That said does anyone have issues with the game hanging on initializing game? I’m not even getting any sound.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah the initial load is very long with no music or progress bar or anything. I thought it had crashed

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

anyone have the pic of the different hbc flags?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah the initial load is very long with no music or progress bar or anything. I thought it had crashed

Oh I guess I'll give it a few minutes this time.

Edit: Oh the wheels are turning now, nothing else, but progress! Goddamn Paradox I love you guys, but there must be someway to get these games to boot faster. lol

Then again it also happens on the GeForce Now versions of these games, so perhaps there really isn't anything they can do.

Edit2X: Yay menu and music! :yayclod:

It's Opium Time!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Oh god, I forgot what a mess Hannover was around this time, why did I do this to myself?

On one hand, the king is dead, long live King Ernst August, on the other, now that the Brits hosed off my economy is slowly imploding, ha ha

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I got really lucky with a reformist leader of the shogunate and now I have propertied women, meritocratic civil service, and with any luck true multiculturalism in 1840s Shogunate Japan (the egalitarianism tech takes a while to research). I was having trouble passing secular education, but the leader of the samurai gave the charismatic leader of the Buddhist monks syphilis by having an affair with his wife and he died, leaving the religious faction with much weaker leadership. The leader of the samurai IG also died and the new one is a republican. So hooray for the liberalizing power of syphilis!

10/10, all expectations met. Wish I didn't have to go to work now!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You don't need ironman for achievements anymore? :stare: :getin:

Embrace the IO Interactive approach Paradox! :)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

that's the one i was looking for thanks lol

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I don't know what I'm doing. 10% of the Swedish population is now radical, the interest groups are very angry with me for letting the clergy open their clinics, and the interest expenses on the national debt is reaching unmanagable levels.

Game is good, and the remastered Vicky 2 tracks are giving me the feels.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

dunno what the woke stuff is about but i assume they complain about everything being woke these days
Anything not to the right of Hitler is woke nowadays, you got it right in the first take.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

How can it not be woke? The game unequivocally says the United States civil war was about slavery*, that's enough to score five kiloliberals on the wokeness scale.

*which it was. The only states' right the south was interested in was their right to impose slavery on everyone else.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
If you want to more academic about it the US Civil War was a war between two economic systems that coexisted in the US but even then one of those systems was slavery so lmao its still all about slavery

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I'm playing verrrrryyyyyy slowly doing the tutorial as Chile. I'm still enjoying it! I want to take my time, read all the menus and things, and just have a grand old time. :wotwot:

EDIT: Wait, what?

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Wiz forgot to include the ability to split pops. Unplayable.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrSunshine posted:

I'm playing verrrrryyyyyy slowly doing the tutorial as Chile. I'm still enjoying it! I want to take my time, read all the menus and things, and just have a grand old time. :wotwot:

Same here, but with Sweden. I have a small clue thanks to the Spiffing Brit videos and the CallMeEzekihal (and another gent's) tutorials on the PGS youtube channel. It's just so overwhelming, but in a good way that I can't wait to keep exploring.

I do hope it winds up on GeForce on Thursday so I can run it at full settings and speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

DrSunshine posted:

Yeah, what the hell? Big Ben is the bell!