Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1583959915428618241

This tweet has been up for 19 hours and has only 50 RTs. "King of all Media" indeed.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1584268492928208896?s=20&t=wNJyi4Jh21z18CvUcoMz-g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/SlappadaBRO/status/1584293344292720640

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

made Impact look bad? LOL

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

That whole thread is full of 'ah well never the less.." where the guy keeps admitting everything he said is factually wrong, but still TK is basically wrestlehitler and actively destroying the industry.

Like this is the closest bit of truth he has, yes Tony wouldn't do Forbidden Door 2 in Japan, but his talent has been freely going and appearing in NJPW stuff since then

Duke Pukem posted:

made Impact look bad? LOL

His logic: Sure it's a matter of fact that impact got way more viewers during Kenny's reign, and AEW cross polinated interest in Impact, but because Impact talent were losing to Kenny it means the entire show was diminished.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 24, 2022

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
literally that excerpt in the screenshot says that forbidden door 2 wouldn't be in japan but they'd be up for a similar event happening in japan under a different name

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Right, and that's the closest the guy gets to not being 100% factually wrong, and admitting as much and saying "but still..."

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tony says they wouldn't do a big aew event in japan because the state department told him not to go there

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Doesn't that also dovetail with that conspiracy theory from a while back that Tony must be banned from traveling to Japan on the basis that he's rich and there are no pictures of him there?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not sure what youre talking about but tony is on record that he’s been told not to go to japan

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Tony can't go to Japan. Not after...The Incident...

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The wrath of President Harold Meij is not so easily overcome.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
He refuses to go until they let Matt Sydal back in.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Tony can't go to Japan. Not after...The Incident...

This randomly made me think of something a friend of mine likes to do.

She's originally from Latvia and since it's a country that a lot of people don't know anything about she'll say random things are banned there but refuse to elaborate on why other than saying "oh, it's too horrible" or something similar.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Reading a reddit thread on CM Punk being a draw (he was) but the bad takes came from someone playing him down by saying he's no Velveteen Dream or Glenn Jacobs and quote:

"He hasn't committed any crimes"

I'm fairly sure assaulting your superiors is a crime.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lid posted:

assaulting your superiors

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
like Jim wouldn't have given his right hand to get his wrestlers booked on a local tv station like that back in the day

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
*Jim Cornette-ishly* but my regional show was cheap bullshit and modern wrestling promos with big money shouldn't be like that! Anyway here's an hour long rant about why wrestling needs to be exactly how it was when I ran a cheap regional show out of high school gyms...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
It should be trivial to find examples of WWE and WCW stars doing commercials for lovely local businesses. There are tons of them out there. I recall Jesse Ventura doing an ad for a mom and pop liquor store somewhere in Minnesota and Dusty Rhodes doing a commercial for some local used car dealer somewhere

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/jobbernationtv/status/1584338861945065473?s=46&t=5ZhuKWORS5WqvxzU1OrSpA

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Didn't realize Vince McMahon was a graphic designer. You learn something new every day.

Coolness Averted posted:

like Jim wouldn't have given his right hand to get his wrestlers booked on a local tv station like that back in the day
Cornette himself has probably turned tag notifications off after thousands of "I saw Chuck Taylor eating a cookie at an airport, is that anything?" tweets.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Super No Vacancy posted:

not sure what youre talking about but tony is on record that he’s been told not to go to japan
Where/when did he say that? I remember the weird Observer line about him not being able to travel to Japan, but that's about it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/AlazrakiDevs/status/1584648378788458496?t=M4V9cX_myfM6iDsm5usLDA&s=19

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

As a cocaine elemental Tony Khan is unable to travel freely throughout most of Asia

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmm can't remember i just know we'd been wondering about that observer line and then there was some interview where it was answered to the degree that it can be which was basically tony was told by the government it was dangerous for him to go

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The wrath of President Harold Meij is not so easily overcome.

Big Harold tried to warn us about the Elite. :(

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i'd stay out of Japan if I booked shida like that, too

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

Big Harold tried to warn us about the Elite. :(

He works for Coca Cola now so he's probably satisfied at least to see two of his corporate nemeses at each other's throats.

davius_xw
Aug 23, 2021

MotU posted:

i'd stay out of Japan if I booked shida like that, too

Champion for a year and since then has had freedom to go back and forth to Japan to do whatever she wants?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/fiendnightworld/status/1584506137394950144

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It was a fun thing to reference to my non-fan friends and then they'd throw on Smackdown and be like "this is dystopian af". So in that sense, I miss the Thunderdome.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/puroresuflow/status/1584917457457872901?s=46&t=wQiT-n1s0aNuVtgDTXMiVA

This isn’t the stupid tweet: but the safety nerds were out for a 37 year old match where someone who is still wrestling took a sick looking piledriver. Example:

https://twitter.com/andrewardizzi/status/1584920123156140033?s=46&t=wQiT-n1s0aNuVtgDTXMiVA

https://twitter.com/medrzec71/status/1584929364814143489?s=46&t=wQiT-n1s0aNuVtgDTXMiVA

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I mean, just because something is old and happened to have turned out ok surely doesn’t mean it can’t be criticised?

Like Matt Hardy’s dumbass bump off the scissor lift didn’t kill him but that doesn’t magically make it a good idea which shouldn’t be derided by anyone who may watch it in the future.

That piledriver indeed looks rough as gently caress and it seems more like luck than judgment that the woman taking it didn’t get paralysed, but maybe a view that wasn’t zoomed right in on her head would show that it’s a little safer than it seems :shrug:

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 25, 2022

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Maybe they worked it perfectly in that clip but the sitout tombstone is legit a lot more dangerous than a regular tombstone or a regular sitout piledriver, and it's not crazy to hate it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I mean, just because something is old and happened to have turned out ok surely doesn’t mean it can’t be criticised?

Like Matt Hardy’s dumbass bump off the scissor lift didn’t kill him but that doesn’t magically make it a good idea which shouldn’t be derided by anyone who may watch it in the future.

That piledriver indeed looks rough as gently caress and it seems more like luck than judgment that the woman taking it didn’t get paralysed, but maybe a view that wasn’t zoomed right in on her head would show that it’s a little safer than it seems :shrug:

Have you never seen classic Joshi poo poo?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm willing to admit I'm being worked if I'm wrong, but it looks like Yokota just loving takes all of that right on her forehead. Her still wrestling today doesn't mean that isn't some rough stuff.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

everyone getting worked by hair with volume

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ringo Roadagain posted:

everyone getting worked by hair with volume

literally the exact same poo poo that happened with kris statlander's big bang theory lmao

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

btw jaguar yokota is still wrestling today and has apparently wrestled 44 matches in 2022 so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yokota actually retracted her head into her neck like one of those gag knives, only marks don't know that