Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Nur_Neerg posted:

Called in to try to PC the Expedia card a few days ago and was told it wasn't eligible to be changed to anything. Case of HUCA?

I don't know for sure, I'm guessing you were on an AF card. The citi Premier right now has a really 80,000 sub, I think if you let them PC it into a premier you'll lose access to that.

According to doctorofcredit the no fee card is being changed to the city rewards+

I don't know if you want that card, really or if it's an old card or where you are at with all that. I would try a couple HUCA and or ask to transfer to the retention and say you either want to PC to what you want or end the relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

If I have a Chase card can I refer my spouse for another chase card for sign up bonuses?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Oh, so, my Alliant card came and I skimmed the benefit terms sheets... the Alliant Signature Visa also doubles your factory warranty up to 1 additional year. Not as good as the Costco visa's flat +2 years, but if I use it as a default card I could end up with it on a decent amount of stuff.

I'm not sure how the first month works... it currently says "tier information unavailable". I'm figuring that I probably won't get the bonus the first month since the terms of the program say "you must have had average $1k balance for the previous calendar month" but whatever 1.5% is still better than my other no-international-fees card.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Paul MaudDib posted:

Oh, so, my Alliant card came and I skimmed the benefit terms sheets... the Alliant Signature Visa also doubles your factory warranty up to 1 additional year. Not as good as the Costco visa's flat +2 years, but if I use it as a default card I could end up with it on a decent amount of stuff.

I'm not sure how the first month works... it currently says "tier information unavailable". I'm figuring that I probably won't get the bonus the first month since the terms of the program say "you must have had average $1k balance for the previous calendar month" but whatever 1.5% is still better than my other no-international-fees card.

You'll usually get Tier 1 for the first quarter (3 months), then it'll start determining whether you qualify going forward from there.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

saintonan posted:

You'll usually get Tier 1 for the first quarter (3 months), then it'll start determining whether you qualify going forward from there.

They changed it to monthly qualification for the 2.5% rather than quarterly. Average daily balance >= $1000, electronic statements, and at least one deposit per month.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

SamDabbers posted:

They changed it to monthly qualification for the 2.5% rather than quarterly. Average daily balance >= $1000, electronic statements, and at least one deposit per month.

Right, but they still give people Tier 1 for the first three months.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

saintonan posted:

Right, but they still give people Tier 1 for the first three months.

Which is kind of dumb, they should give you Tier 2 right away then take it away if yo don't keep up the balance, but oh well.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Nur_Neerg posted:

Called in to try to PC the Expedia card a few days ago and was told it wasn't eligible to be changed to anything. Case of HUCA?

You could try calling again but the change might already be in motion and that's why you can't PC.

I suppose the other option is just to apply for a Premier right now with the SUB attached. Then PC one of them to something else in a year.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

Which is kind of dumb, they should give you Tier 2 right away then take it away if yo don't keep up the balance, but oh well.

Tier 1 is the higher amount.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

time to try the venture x!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
:siren::siren::siren:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q1VRw8cB8_PB7GY1a7FHtyK5u8bOGZZsjaCXa20VUWI/edit?usp=sharing:siren::siren::siren:

Heyo guys, I did a bunch of work on the sheet, I think it's way better now. Basically I removed all the different sheets for the many types of cards and I just made one sheet to add your links and you can pick the account type from a dropdown.

If you want met to add more account types let me know. I also removed all the blank and expired links.

I also got a referral from someone today, so thanks for using it!

it appears I broke it, give me a sec to fix it

Edit: fixed

Now you can add your own new accounts! I added a handful of blanks at the bottom, just enter the new account name, and then on the second tab, you can select that new account when you populate the list
You can also filter the list of links page by your username to see all your entries and edit them quicker!

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 21, 2022

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Tried to contest a charge on my Apple Card through their app and was very not impressed with the experience. Dumped me into a Messages chat with “Apple” and said they would get back to me later. When they eventually messaged back, it wasn’t even someone from the bank side, it was someone from App Store support. After wasting my time for a bit more, they transferred me and the end result was “this cannot be resolved online, please call.” The future!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

smackfu posted:

Tried to contest a charge on my Apple Card through their app and was very not impressed with the experience. Dumped me into a Messages chat with “Apple” and said they would get back to me later. When they eventually messaged back, it wasn’t even someone from the bank side, it was someone from App Store support. After wasting my time for a bit more, they transferred me and the end result was “this cannot be resolved online, please call.” The future!

The future is corporations having easier access to your cash.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

My wife got an Apple card as soon as they started offering 3% at Ace, since we shop there regularly.

They never once got it right as a 3% transaction, and it'd be an hour worth of phone calls every month to try and get it resolved. Usually involving having to send the support reps the loving frontpage of apple.com/card where even now it still highlights Ace as a 3% merchant. Most of the time the reps would lie and claim it's a time-limited promotion.

Ditched it, now using a Custom Cash to get 5%.

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.
Maybe this is just me being a Luddite, but is there really no way to do direct deposit for cashback with Citi without giving my bank login information to some third party that was apparently successfully sued last year for accessing and selling users' transaction histories without informing them? Is there some reason they can't just use my routing and account numbers?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Atahualpa posted:

Maybe this is just me being a Luddite, but is there really no way to do direct deposit for cashback with Citi without giving my bank login information to some third party that was apparently successfully sued last year for accessing and selling users' transaction histories without informing them? Is there some reason they can't just use my routing and account numbers?

You talking about Plaid?

Girbot
Jan 13, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

My wife got an Apple card as soon as they started offering 3% at Ace, since we shop there regularly.

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/coming-soon-shopper-cash-rewards-visa-signature-credit-card.html

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Super-NintendoUser posted:

You talking about Plaid?

I'm assuming so, but there's a giant "Verify Manually" at the bottom of the popup that tries to take you to Plaid for "Instant Account Verification".

Saw that, debating whether dealing with US Bank's awful website is worth 1%.

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.

You talking about Plaid?

Yeah, I don't know much about it but have seen it come up a few times recently. It seems to be common in the financial world, and I doubt Citi would be using it if it was some illegitimate company, but I'm very protective of my bank login info. If Citi's offering direct deposit anyway, then why not let me use the method I know and use in basically all similar transactions?

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm assuming so, but there's a giant "Verify Manually" at the bottom of the popup that tries to take you to Plaid for "Instant Account Verification".

Not that I'm seeing?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Space Fish posted:

The Chase trifecta's value still exceeds a flat 2% card's value for my level of spend, but the popular pitch of "the points will transfer to partners for double value!" is really a Hyatt pitch. Valuable, but not quite the broad advantage I imagined.

Chase's "Pay Yourself Back" allows me to redeem points at a 1.25x rate... on quarterly categories. The current categories are charity and Airbnb. That's my annual Harvest Hope donation, at least, but also one more card's rotating categories to track.

Redeeming for cash back offers no multiplier. Chase Sapphire Preferred is lacking incentives to keep me from canceling once it's renewal time. What is a good downgrade path from here? I already have the CFU and CFF, but is the basic Chase Sapphire still an available pivot?

vvv Thanks! vvv

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 24, 2022

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Space Fish posted:

is the basic Chase Sapphire still an available pivot?

yes

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Atahualpa posted:

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it lets me cash out to the same external account I use for payments without ever going through Plaid.

That being said I've used Plaid for 100 other things so maybe I used it there too and just don't remember.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The CSR 1.5x Pay Yourself Back really makes most of the reward redemptions not very competitive. We booked a Hyatt Place on vacation and the redemption was okay and we saved a bit of money but nothing amazing considering we were locked into Hyatt properties.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

My MIL has an Amazon credit card and was saying that she’s getting 10% rewards at restaurants right now. Is that a thing? She’s good with money so I don’t doubt her, but I can’t find any info from Amazon about it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Dik Hz posted:

My MIL has an Amazon credit card and was saying that she’s getting 10% rewards at restaurants right now. Is that a thing? She’s good with money so I don’t doubt her, but I can’t find any info from Amazon about it.

I have the Amazon Prime Visa card, they sometimes to targeted 10% promos. This quarter I got the 10% Gas station one, which is just fantastic. Last time it came around I used it to buy GC's for Ebay at a Sheetz and it worked out.

https://www.chase.com/mybonus/ggaamazon1

I haven't seen a 10% restaurant one though.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Atahualpa posted:

Yeah, I don't know much about it but have seen it come up a few times recently. It seems to be common in the financial world, and I doubt Citi would be using it if it was some illegitimate company, but I'm very protective of my bank login info. If Citi's offering direct deposit anyway, then why not let me use the method I know and use in basically all similar transactions?

Not that I'm seeing?

Try typing in some small or nonexistent bank name. Once it runs out of options it'll usually give you a "can't find your bank, click here" option which will do the two small deposit verification.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

I have the Amazon Prime Visa card, they sometimes to targeted 10% promos. This quarter I got the 10% Gas station one, which is just fantastic. Last time it came around I used it to buy GC's for Ebay at a Sheetz and it worked out.

https://www.chase.com/mybonus/ggaamazon1

I haven't seen a 10% restaurant one though.
Thanks for the info.

How often do you get decent 10% categories?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Dik Hz posted:

Thanks for the info.

How often do you get decent 10% categories?

Usually there's one or two around end of the year.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Dik Hz posted:

I had 5% on restaurants and home improvement stores last quarter. 10% on gas this quarter. It's only on up to $1500 in spend, though.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

astral posted:

US Bank is launching a new card that looks interesting; you pick two retailers from a list to get 6% back at, and 3% back in a category of your choice (categories include Warehouse Clubs and the card is a Visa, so it would work at Costco):

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/u-s-bank-to-launch-shopper-cash-rewards-card-6-back-on-select-retailers-including-amazon/

This turned out to have a $95 annual fee, waived the first year, and a signup bonus of $250 back on $2k spend in 4 months.

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/shopper-cash-rewards-visa-signature-credit-card.html

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.

ranbo das posted:

Try typing in some small or nonexistent bank name. Once it runs out of options it'll usually give you a "can't find your bank, click here" option which will do the two small deposit verification.

Tried this, no luck - it just gives me the option to exit, which dumps me back out at the rewards screen. But I called Citi and the person I spoke with said something about not being able to use direct deposit for rewards until you've paid at least two bills from your bank account.

I'm skeptical given the difference between what I'm seeing and what others have described ITT, and it also seems weird and arbitrary when they're still offering the option to take cashback through other methods. But I'm about to pay my second bill in a week, so I guess I'll wait and see if anything changes after that.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Is there a particular Amex card that is a good daily driver, ignoring sign up bonuses?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

smackfu posted:

Is there a particular Amex card that is a good daily driver, ignoring sign up bonuses?

Honestly Amex cards are all about subs and travel. Weird categories, statement credits and offers.

asur
Dec 28, 2012

smackfu posted:

It's mixed in my opinion. The best is the Blue Business Plus for 2x on the first $50k in spend which ad the name implies is a biz card. The other options are the Everyday which is 1.2x and 2.4 on groceries or the Gold for 4x on restaurants and groceries. I think there's an upgraded everyday too as an option.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

smackfu posted:

Blue Business Plus for 2 MR per dollar spent, maybe. They've got a 1.5% back consumer card but that's just not competitive with 2-2.5% back you can get from other networks.

If most/all your money is spent on dining and groceries, maybe the Gold charge card with 4x back on those if you would make use of the uber and dining credits to offset the annual fee.

e:f;b

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

asur posted:

It's mixed in my opinion. The best is the Blue Business Plus for 2x on the first $50k in spend which ad the name implies is a biz card. The other options are the Everyday which is 1.2x and 2.4 on groceries or the Gold for 4x on restaurants and groceries. I think there's an upgraded everyday too as an option.

Their is an everyday preferred at 95$ af it’s 3x at supermarkets 2x groceries 1x everything else.

What makes it good is Amex will offer you a sub to upgrade your everyday then when the second af posts you downgrade. Then they give you another sub.

But the op said they didn’t want to deal with subs.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

:siren::siren::siren:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q1VRw8cB8_PB7GY1a7FHtyK5u8bOGZZsjaCXa20VUWI/edit?usp=sharing:siren::siren::siren:

Heyo guys, I did a bunch of work on the sheet, I think it's way better now. Basically I removed all the different sheets for the many types of cards and I just made one sheet to add your links and you can pick the account type from a dropdown.

If you want met to add more account types let me know. I also removed all the blank and expired links.

I also got a referral from someone today, so thanks for using it!

it appears I broke it, give me a sec to fix it

Edit: fixed

Now you can add your own new accounts! I added a handful of blanks at the bottom, just enter the new account name, and then on the second tab, you can select that new account when you populate the list
You can also filter the list of links page by your username to see all your entries and edit them quicker!

Heyo thread, just wanted to get some feedback if the new style I make is working, I wanted to reduce the number of tabs and experiment with some Google Sheets features that I have to use for work.

Let me know what you think. I don't want to go back to the thousands of tabs, but I also want to take feedback.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

astral posted:

This turned out to have a $95 annual fee, waived the first year, and a signup bonus of $250 back on $2k spend in 4 months.

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/shopper-cash-rewards-visa-signature-credit-card.html

Yeah, the fee kills it for me. If you've already got a Citi Custom Cash tied up giving you 5% on other purchases and you have exactly $1500/quarter in spending on one of the retailers that this card offers, then this is a ~4.4% card after fees.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

for just basic cash back, is there any reason for me to use chase freedom unlimited over the WF active cash card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

actionjackson posted:

for just basic cash back, is there any reason for me to use chase freedom unlimited over the WF active cash card?

If you also have the Sapphire Reserve, the points redemption multiplier boosts the Freedom Unlimited to 2.25%. The Sapphire Preferred boosts it to 1.875%.

Otherwise, for just basic cash back (so ignoring the possibility of transferring to a travel partner for better value), not really.