Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

selec posted:

Somebody from that thread doxxed me to a job I’d quit a couple weeks previous. It was funny because they were incompetent at it in several ways but it’s indicative of the urge to genuinely gently caress up people’s lives for disagreement, and a transphobe like SPR reacts that way to any minority being threatened, rhetorically or otherwise.

pretty sure some plague rats is trans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

:ssh: he's really warming to his theme, let him run with this

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'm late to this party but does Peter Molyneux think that women are just walking around full of eggs they deplete like a countdown timer at an arcade machine waiting for a quarter

edit: Whoops, it was Stefan Molyneux, not Peter Molyneux. It's me. I'm the idiot

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Oct 25, 2022

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Does this thread really need another rats meltdown

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Unperson_47 posted:

I'm late to this party but does Peter Molyneux think that women are just walking around full of eggs they deplete like a countdown timer at an arcade machine waiting for a quarter

edit: Whoops, it was Stefan Molyneux, not Peter Molyneux. It's me. I'm the idiot

I mean to be fair we have no idea if peter molyneux also thinks that, he is also a weird guy

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Unperson_47 posted:

both idiots at least, just different flavors. I go back and watch Shaun's breakdowns of Stefan's stuff sometimes; I find it fascinating that he has a whole body of work dedicated to how everything from Native American genocide to the fall of Rome can be tied somehow to the exact, insane degree to which he absolutely despises women

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Unperson_47 posted:

This used to be common medical belief

Here's an article from 2004:

https://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/news/20040310/women-not-born-lifetime-eggs posted:

Women Not Born With Lifetime Supply of Eggs?
Animal Study Shows Mammals Have a Reserve of Egg-Producing Follicles
Written by Jennifer Warner

March 10, 2004 -- A surprising finding about female fertility in mice is challenging the notion that women are born with a lifetime's supply of eggs.

Researchers have long believed that female mammals, including mice and humans, were born with a fixed supply of egg-producing follicles in their ovaries. In contrast, most male mammals continuously generate new sperm cells that allow them to reproduce throughout their adult life.

But a new study published in the March 11 issue of Nature shows that female mice continue to produce eggs to replace damaged ones after birth.

Researchers say the discovery indicates that females may share the ability to replenish reproductive cells during life, and if the same process occurs in humans it may also help explain why female fertility declines rapidly after age 30.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

some plague rats posted:

I mean to be fair we have no idea if peter molyneux also thinks that, he is also a weird guy

Peter would just over promise and underdeliver on eggs.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SmokaDustbowl posted:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

don't doxx me

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

TinTower posted:

If you tried to make Blazing Saddles today, everyone would be like “hey, this is just Blazing Saddles, why don’t you make something new?”

Yep

Also they are making Blazing Saddles today, it's called The Boys

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

some plague rats posted:

:ssh: he's really warming to his theme, let him run with this
Wait, is that why your av's gender identifiers are two-tone?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

drat somebody better be collecting apologies to Candace Owen PDQ, we had her all wrong

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

B33rChiller posted:

Wait, is that why your av's gender identifiers are two-tone?

bismuth is an underrated genius for that one

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
*Sees a guy shrink down, crawl up his lovers peehole, only to explosively revert to normal size when he sneezes from too much cocaine*

:qq:: "yeah but you can't say the N word anymore!"

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

selec posted:

drat somebody better be collecting apologies to Candace Owen PDQ, we had her all wrong

old cis white guy says what

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Panfilo posted:

*Sees a guy shrink down, crawl up his lovers peehole, only to explosively revert to normal size when he sneezes from too much cocaine*

:qq:: "yeah but you can't say the N word anymore!"

lol but like :dafuq:

selec
Sep 6, 2003

some plague rats posted:

old cis white guy says what

Prove any of it lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

selec posted:

I don't know what this means

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
:gas:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

maybe the real idiots on social media were the friends we made along the way

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

The Boys :colbert:

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Unperson_47 posted:

I was taught this at high school in 2002 and believed it for an embarrassingly long time.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm pretty sure I was taught that way after 2004, but new facts take longer to reach us in the boondocks of England

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean there are a finite amount of them iirc but you don't run out, you stop dispensing them before that, except in cases when the egg haver feels threatened in which case they can discharge upwards of ten thousand eggs in a single burst to scatter incoming radar beams.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I don't know what this means

It's an extremely roundabout way of calling me a self-hating transphobe, if he said it to anyone else I'd probe him

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Unperson_47 posted:

Oooh yeah I always mix them up too, and when I see Stefan Molyneux come up I regret all the time I spent playing Black and White in college.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I get nervous about that offsite poo poo too, mostly because, while the person posting it doesn't matter, their idea is to introduce reasons to hate people to other freaks and weirdos

I remember a few years back there was some DnD dude fishing around via PMs for lists of the "worst posters on the site" which was just an awful vibe. Like yeah maybe nothing comes of it directly but there's a lot of ice-chewing sadists out there looking for an excuse and a target

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Unperson_47 posted:

The idea that women are born with all the eggs they will ever have is actually a reasonably defensible position. This was mainline scientific belief for many years and, tbh, it still sort of is. You can find it referenced in lots of places that would be considered credible sources, like the Cleveland Clinic or the University of Michigan's Rogel Cancer Center.

It wasn't until like 2012 when a team of researchers found evidence that it might not be true, and IIRC that research has never been confirmed and it wasn't about humans to begin.

I don't intend this to be a defense of Molyneux at all, he's still a creepy loving weirdo for walking around thinking about this poo poo. I just wanted to point out that "women are born with all the eggs they will ever have" isn't a crackpot idea.

Khizan has a new favorite as of 01:58 on Oct 26, 2022

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
good thing they can't tell the difference between an obvious troll/bad taste joke and actual genocide denial, radiate upset energy, don't give any context, and knowing some of the ppl who think abt cspam all day angrily will say something way worse than they post

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Another possibility is that the ovaries normally do some kind of natural culling process of the follicles along the way. As a person gets older, the natural effects of aging and environmental effects will impact the pool of viable candidates. So as a person gets older, fertility drops but it isn't like a gumball machine that ran out of candy per se.

And while sperm are constantly produced aging absolutely affects them as well; some 80 year old dude isn't going to be packing the hot rods he might have had in his twenties.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

some plague rats posted:

quote:

The Dingly Egg is an item appearing in the Fable II DLC See the Future. The egg is found on a skeleton after passing through the stone gates

The egg will disappear if you unlock it but do not collect it before you complete The Costume Party quest.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Quick mod note that the twitter account appears to be some dumbass trying to start interforum war bs by going to an offsite so let's end all conversations about it :thanks:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

And yeah I was already like fairly sure that account was white supremacist

That sucks, they had a really cool thread about how yellow paint affected art through the years the other day. :(

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

some plague rats posted:

It's an extremely roundabout way of calling me a self-hating transphobe, if he said it to anyone else I'd probe him

a very good opinion

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, the underlying motivation is really just "we want to go back to an imaginary past where the world was hale and we (straight white dudes) were in charge of everything", and Catholicism is just a framework/aesthetic for them to promote that idea.

i dont deny most tradcaths are men but i see alot of women trad caths as well. bens sister being the main one

also this was way to far back i shouldnt of brought it back up

snergle has a new favorite as of 02:31 on Oct 26, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

snergle posted:

i dont deny most tradcaths are men but i see alot of women trad caths as well. bens sister being the main one

I thought she was Jewish. Did she convert? Or do you just mean she has a tradcath vibe, which I agree.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Skwirl posted:

I thought she was Jewish. Did she convert? Or do you just mean she has a tradcath vibe, which I agree.

like ben, she kinda keeps quiet about the jewish part while courting people who loathe her

can't imagine what their family get togethers must be like

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

good thing they can't tell the difference between an obvious troll/bad taste joke and actual genocide denial, radiate upset energy, don't give any context, and knowing some of the ppl who think abt cspam all day angrily will say something way worse than they post

what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

RFC2324 posted:

like ben, she kinda keeps quiet about the jewish part while courting people who loathe her

can't imagine what their family get togethers must be like

Passing each other the dry macaroni coated lightly in butter over and over