Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lol I was curious so I was looking at Halloween candy last time I was at the grocery store and the loving 2lb bag of Halloween sized candies I usually pick up to give to kids is $17 this year lmao. I think it was $10 last year

:dementia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lol I was curious so I was looking at Halloween candy last time I was at the grocery store and the loving 2lb bag of Halloween sized candies I usually pick up to give to kids is $17 this year lmao. I think it was $10 last year

don't worry there are probably like half as many kids trick or treating this year. It's pretty hard to integrate an oxygen tank into most costumes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

candy will be worth nothing after halloween just give the kids ious

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Halloween candy has been creeping up in price, like $10 would only get you two bags but yeah this is absurd.

:rip:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Real hurthling! posted:

candy will be worth nothing after halloween just give the kids ious

I've noticed a bunch of places near me didn't even do clearance candy the last few holidays -and they obviously had excess stock in the weeks leading up to them. I wonder if they're stocking it until just before the expiration date now, or have deals to destroy/RMA or sell it off to 99 cent stores at a higher mark up than their former clearance prices.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
nah, they can reclaim the fentanyl and resell it on the street if there's overstock candy

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Coolness Averted posted:

don't worry there are probably like half as many kids trick or treating this year. It's pretty hard to integrate an oxygen tank into most costumes

Halloween is usually the deadliest week of the year for children in the US, but this year it was the Omicron peak

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The cost of the fent I put in Halloween candy has gone up 50% since last year!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
well Fetterman poo poo the bed good last night. Whoever pushed him into doing the debate was Connor Lamb in disguise.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Nothus posted:

well Fetterman poo poo the bed good last night. Whoever pushed him into doing the debate was Connor Lamb in disguise.

Blue checks are desperately hanging on to Oz’s abortion comment.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Nucleic Acids posted:

My new take of post-2016 politics is "everyone to the right of Bernie is getting everything they want and they hate it"

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

the democrats are going to be destroyed. president oz in 2028

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nucleic Acids posted:

yeah perhaps wrongly, most americans don't see "local political leaders" as some incredibly sinister force

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

the white hand posted:

yeah perhaps wrongly, most americans don't see "local political leaders" as some incredibly sinister force

Steve Chabot looks more like a ghoul every year, but Ohio keeps voting him back in because he says gas prices are too high.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nothus posted:

what happened, did he stroke out on stage?

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 17:09 on Oct 26, 2022

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Nucleic Acids posted:

I'm sure there are a ton of people on the fence about abortion who will not only have seen that but also will be moved by it.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Shear Modulus posted:

what happened, did he strike out on stage?

He sounded like a guy still recovering from a stroke who had trouble speaking and often lost his train of thought. In other words, the attacks on his health have a point.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

hes pro fracking and pro israel who cares

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

does anyone actually watch non presidential debates i would be surprised if a significant number of people cared at all

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

THS2 posted:

hes pro fracking and pro israel who cares

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The democrats are less than two weeks away from being destroyed in 2022

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Axetrain posted:

I'm sure there are a ton of people on the fence about abortion who will not only have seen that but also will be moved by it.

moved to donate on actblue!!!!

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
I hope the Dems manage to lose in a couple completely unthinkable places that nobody even bothered to poll.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

the bitcoin of weed posted:

does anyone actually watch non presidential debates i would be surprised if a significant number of people cared at all

Not a lot and very few undecideds but the ads that can be made out of them might matter and a lot more people will see those

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I watched one accidently this last week, because I was moving and kept doing poo poo and trying to feed my cat instead of looking for the remote.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

ex post facho posted:

post itt every time it's obvious that the democrats abject failure to do anything on the agenda they were elected to do is going to lead to them losing the house, senate, and the WH in 2024

been saying this since *checks notes* Oct 30, 2021

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Subvisual Haze posted:

I hope the Dems manage to lose in a couple completely unthinkable places that nobody even bothered to poll.

Can't believe Nancy Pelosi lost to the guy she beat in the first round 77-10

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Nothus posted:

He sounded like a guy still recovering from a stroke who had trouble speaking and often lost his train of thought. In other words, the attacks on his health have a point.

Yeah, if the GOP can keep PA, they will probably pick up at least another seat elsewhere.

What do you think Biden will be willing to trade for more Ukraine funding and eventually a stimulus package?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, if the GOP can keep PA, they will probably pick up at least another seat elsewhere.

What do you think Biden will be willing to trade for more Ukraine funding and eventually a stimulus package?

He’ll probably offer up Medicaid and SSDI

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
he'd do it for anything because he agrees with them

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I don't think the gop actually want to dismantle medicaid now that joe leaned so heavily into privatizing it. Tho I'm sure libs will scold us about it in a few years and pretend the gop retroactively used their 2022-2028 majorities to make him do it in 2021.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I would say it would be more likely to be part of a “grand bargain 2.0” alongside going after Medicare and adjusting SS.

Also, if stimulus happens next year (or 2024) it is going to be minimal, there is no reason for the GOP to start bailing a lame duck administration. I doubt Kamala will be the nominee though, but at the same time there are plenty of bizarre decisions being made.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Every single dem would make the medicaid for Ukraine deal without even thinking about it

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

I don't think the gop actually want to dismantle medicaid now that joe leaned so heavily into privatizing it. Tho I'm sure libs will scold us about it in a few years and pretend the gop retroactively used their 2022-2028 majorities to make him do it in 2021.

yeah no need even lean on it medicare/medicaid are slowly being privatized anyway, i can see the usps getting privatized maybe

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

Private Cumshoe posted:

They forgot to legalize weed and they're going to lose the senate because of it lmao

"It's still the 90s! It's still the 90s!!", Dems continue to insist as they slowly shrink and transform into a rump party

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Private Cumshoe posted:

They forgot to legalize weed and they're going to lose the senate because of it lmao

All they had to do is deschedule it. Republicans are better at weed than dems because they understand that it's just another business interest paying them off

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Look, man, you need to vote for the drug warrior, pandemic denying warmongers to stop fascism.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Private Cumshoe posted:

joe bidens democrats would rather lose the senate than legalize weed in any way

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

joe bidens democrats would rather lose the senate than legalize weedin anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Nothus posted:

All they had to do is deschedule it. Republicans are better at weed than dems because they understand that it's just another business interest paying them off

look son vote for the good guys who always pretend to do good things to do bad things, not the bad guys who occasionally do good things