Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Some Deyha leaks are out. Careful on twitter if you're not into that sort of thing.

I mean, not even looking at anything, I can make an educated guess that Dehya will probably be for Burgeon and/or Burning what Nilou was to Bloom.

Edit: what a terrible snipe

Tree Reformat fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She's looking much zanier. No infusion, 3.5s duration pyro dmg burst where you spam teleports, her E is a pyro turret that does coordinated attacks, buffs the def of on-field characters, she can walk up to the turret to make it do a shockwave. Either the leaks are getting things wrong or we're getting something very wacky.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Pyro Fischl?!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, from her title, I was hoping that she'd get some kind of flame cloak or something for her burst.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Clarste posted:

Pyro Fischl?!
Oh god yes please.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

What makes fischl go from good to great is her C6 and constant up time of her skill. Deyha having fast pyro applications would probably make her really bad for burgeon which I think is what they are going with her elemental skill.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Fischl is still great at c0, her A4 passive is more important than C6 for most teams.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

All I care about with Dehya is that she's fun and usable on-field. I'm sure an off field pyro would be better for the game, but Dehya is cool and I want to main her and make her the star drat it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

What makes fischl go from good to great is her C6 and constant up time of her skill. Deyha having fast pyro applications would probably make her really bad for burgeon which I think is what they are going with her elemental skill.

I mean, I don't need an off-field applier to be great, I'd settle for good.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

can't wait to create the full turret team

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Alright, so I'm close to wrapping up the desert, but it's hard to tell with all the hidden quests and objectives. Been running through all the underground areas, and I cant remember what this hologramy thing was/is? meant to show.

Doesnt really show much, but it's relatively late so spoilered:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

valuum posted:

Alright, so I'm close to wrapping up the desert, but it's hard to tell with all the hidden quests and objectives. Been running through all the underground areas, and I cant remember what this hologramy thing was/is? meant to show.

Doesnt really show much, but it's relatively late so spoilered:
Wasnt that just from a cutscene in the jeht quest which leads the characters to go to Khaj-Nisut? It's the pyramid in one corner and Khaj-Nisut in the other.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

No Wave posted:

Wasnt that just from a cutscene in the jeht quest which leads the characters to go to Khaj-Nisut? It's the pyramid in one corner and Khaj-Nisut in the other.

Definitely from a cutscene, but I cant remember it or the context. Since it's missing two corners I figured there might be something more.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Manatee Cannon posted:

And it'll all come together with Sandrone's passive of increasing off-field damage! :science:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

lmao well the reddit that posted those leaks got a loving DMCA so i think that dehya leak is legit

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Very rude of mhy to keep making units that I want. Wish they'd release a decently sized pocket of onfielders (very cringe) to give me time to save up for the off field enablers (very win) and healers (:syoon:)

Edit: Zhong is an honorary healer but I doubt they're gonna make more of him :smith:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's legit data from a build of the game, but I find it hard to say it's particularly useful. Even 3.3 character and artifact information has been vague enough to not bother with, while all the other characters are riddled with placeholder data and leakers I've never seen before are trying to interpret filenames into a kit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yes - this isnt like the other times I say "take leaks with a grain of salt subject to change etc", I think it's >60% odds that Dehya's kit ends up having nothing in common with the leak. The scara leaks seem much more likely to be true.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm mad that they're making more and more EM-scaling characters because I've been farming the Deepwood/GD domain for weeks now and I've gotten a grand total of four EM main stat artifacts, and also three of them are sands.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I can readily believe the 3.3 stuff won't change much, but nobody is really presenting it in a confident and understandable way. 90% of the numbers are missing either way, so it's a waiting game until the beta.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Harrow posted:

I'm mad that they're making more and more EM-scaling characters because I've been farming the Deepwood/GD domain for weeks now and I've gotten a grand total of four EM main stat artifacts, and also three of them are sands.

Do EM circlets even exist lol

Ive never seen a yellow EM circlet in any set so far

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I have 13, one is VV and 6 are from Gladiator and Wanderer drops via boss fights.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

EM circlets and goblets are heinously low droprate. You are 1/5th as likely to get an EM circlet as a crit one (4% rate vs 10% for crit rate plus 10% crit damage)
EM goblets are even rarer: 2.5%, while the chance to get any one specific element is 5%

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So far the rarity of EM as a main stat has been "balanced" out by the fact that usually if a character wants a ton of EM, they're not quite as concerned with crit stats. For example Kazuha and Sucrose just want to stack a ton of EM and while crit stats certainly don't hurt, they're not really the point.

Now we're starting to get more characters who want at least a good EM sands and also crit stats, and I'm sure soon enough we'll have a character who both wants a pile of EM and also wants to crit as much and as hard as possible and that character will be the worst ever to build.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
nahida

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

EM circlets and goblets are heinously low droprate. You are 1/5th as likely to get an EM circlet as a crit one (4% rate vs 10% for crit rate plus 10% crit damage)
EM goblets are even rarer: 2.5%, while the chance to get any one specific element is 5%

Oh my god

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Some Deyha leaks are out. Careful on twitter if you're not into that sort of thing.

Dehya leak: she's loving hot

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Needs to be a in game scene where Keqing and Dehya meet and talk about fake ear hairstyles

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Needs to be a in game scene where Keqing and Dehya meet and talk about fake ear hairstyles

They undo their hairstyle to reveal smaller but real cat ears.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

valuum posted:

Alright, so I'm close to wrapping up the desert, but it's hard to tell with all the hidden quests and objectives. Been running through all the underground areas, and

A while later: All new relatively large area in the mausoleum of king deshret, new chest and achievement in khaj-nisut. "100 %" exploration is such a tease. Or untease I guess!

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Manatee Cannon posted:

Same. I was braced for Dehya to be 5-star Thoma or Xinyan, but these alleged leaks make her sound way more interesting... and a significant potential asset to my Zhongli-Albedo-Yae Construct Additional Pylons brigade. I thought I was gonna have to wait for a Snezhnaya cryo construct character to fully realize the gimmick.

Of course, I am also very interested in the prospect of a playable Eremite that leans heavily on their summoning gimmick, but that's probably a bit of a stretch for the Genshin engine. The friendly units we've seen in quests remain pretty vestigial. Maybe we'll see a bigger monster summoner in Natlan, if they focus on the war stuff there.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I think like both events near the end of this patch more than any shorter non flagship event since probably mid 2.X patches. Some puzzle solving in a domain challenge with wind physics and some treasure hunting and puzzle solving that both require a little thinking and function well mechanically. It just kind of works and feels a bit different than what we've gotten in the last couple patches. Overall just really solid patch again. They're clearly beyond the Zero Covid shutdown BS now.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

The mention that you can co-op the wind puzzle domains was extremely interesting. It's a shame that it was all relatively straightforward to do by myself, especially with any mobility-assist characters in the party. A big sprawling puzzle dungeon that let you open up some shortcuts with a coop buddy next to switches deeper in the dungeon would have been pretty neat!

Still, there's definitely merits to keeping things both novel and accessible. They are playing to the strengths of Genshin's open world and fun movement, it was a much nicer time than another combat focused event.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

We haven't had time yet to try out the puzzle event (:negative:) but I'm looking forward to trying it out with my girlfriend. Sure we could easily do it individually but it's nice to be able to play together

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I played some of it with my 7yo, since he has trouble with some of the harder fights in the game but frankly he's better at puzzles than me, who gets lost walking in a straight line.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Glazius posted:

May AND November.

Oh that's good, I'm saving primos for Nahida's banner so I'll likely have the starglitter for his November store entry.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
wind chaser was more fun with another person. also lol don't get surprised by a big battle when you and your pal only have anemo characters equipped

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I finally finished all the 3.0 Sumeru stuff.

It was quite lovely, actually.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Wind chaser was fun until the last one, because suddenly you don't have 15 minutes to gently caress around with the jets and their terrible controls and constantly falling just short of a platform and having to get all the way back up. Plus, it's weird that they've got like 5 "here's some puzzles, and also like 3 hilchurls to kill" levels and then the last one is just "i hope you like shields. also there's a puzzle, i guess."

I can definitely see how it would be easier with a friend, a lot of those puzzles required somewhat odd timing or backtracking to a thing, and it'd be far easier with someone else to flip the switches for you. Did they take out the "design your own dungeon" bit for this one? I don't recall being constantly annoyed by a little red indicator telling me I should make my own, but this seems like it has more neat gadgets for someone who's inclined to spend ages in genshin's dodgy level editor.

Kale posted:

I think like both events near the end of this patch more than any shorter non flagship event since probably mid 2.X patches. Some puzzle solving in a domain challenge with wind physics and some treasure hunting and puzzle solving that both require a little thinking and function well mechanically. It just kind of works and feels a bit different than what we've gotten in the last couple patches. Overall just really solid patch again. They're clearly beyond the Zero Covid shutdown BS now.

I'm just disagreeing with that emphasized bit, because the last one I did was more of that invisible walkway nonsense, where the area displayed under your feet is barely adequate if you walk, the stupid floaty things take ages to get out to where you are, and also I swear one of those bastards pushed me off the platforms once. Also, the gaps in the invisible floor are a lot more noticeable if you walk (and thus briefly fall through them)/use the archer trick, because the tiny gap is presumably to stop you from just doing that (archers can't cross it in aim mode). Nice of them to put the whole mess by a windspout to shoot you back up, I'll give them that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The 4* on the Nahida/Yoimiya banner are Noelle, Bennett and Razor apparently. Oh well.

Has Heizou ever been on more than one banner?