Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm #Farm3Plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Remembering that a poster ITT got mad that I made a joke about Nathen being a Trumper. In response I would like to say: LoL. Lmfao.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

I am shocked , shocked I tell you , to find out Barilla pasta is not all made in Italy.

Nothing says small carbon footprint like shipping pasta from Europe!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Also he says they used Barilla pasta to make lasagna, but back in the EATS! days somebody found the company that made the generic bulk prepackaged lasagna for them :thunk:

Also my phone so corrected "lasagna" to "madness" which is very a propos

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
milli barilli

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

What? This isn’t true. He used some 3rd party supplier that made those lasagnas and just rebranded them. He wasn’t making them himself.

Escape From Noise posted:

Remembering that a poster ITT got mad that I made a joke about Nathen being a Trumper. In response I would like to say: LoL. Lmfao.

P sure he showed off a Trump autograph at some point.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

What? This isn’t true. He used some 3rd party supplier that made those lasagnas and just rebranded them. He wasn’t making them himself.

P sure he showed off a Trump autograph at some point.

How dare you

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Glad you’re on board, friend! The exciting next-generation Farm3 economy is going to enable user-owned decentralized farming through

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Are we sure the restaurant lasagna was prepackaged and not just the mail order stuff? Everything the actual restaurant looked so poorly made that it couldn't be an outside company.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MassRafTer posted:

Are we sure the restaurant lasagna was prepackaged and not just the mail order stuff? Everything the actual restaurant looked so poorly made that it couldn't be an outside company.

Unless he was copying their recipe (which I suppose is plausible), we found the frozen box orange curry(?) lasagna he was using as his supplier a while back. Couple that with the fact that most restaurants do not have suppliers for single items like that and his claim is suspect at best. Restaurants use distributors like Sysco instead of having a relationship with a single commercial brand like Barilla. It’s possible the distributor was using barilla pasta but typically brands don’t label food going to restaurants for distribution for a bunch of reasons. Also there is absolutely zero chance Nathen had his teenaged fast food staff hand making lasagnas in the Garfield Eats kitchen.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 25, 2022

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
#2farm2plate

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
did they even sell lasagna at the restaurant?

my understanding is that almost no North American Italian restaurant makes a goddamn thing... it's all prefab frozen or dry.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
also another one of my understandings is that this fellow lies about things constantly to involve himself in the narrative

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Frank Frank posted:

Unless he was copying their recipe (which I suppose is plausible), we found the frozen box orange curry(?) lasagna he was using as his supplier a while back. Couple that with the fact that most restaurants do not have suppliers for single items like that and his claim is suspect at best. Restaurants use distributors like Sysco instead of having a relationship with a single commercial brand like Barilla. It’s possible the distributor was using barilla pasta but typically brands don’t label food going to restaurants for distribution for a bunch of reasons. Also there is absolutely zero chance Nathen had his teenaged fast food staff hand making lasagnas in the Garfield Eats kitchen.

I don't believe his tweet for a second but the photos of food from the restaurant made it look like stuff that was actually being made by teenagers.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I wouldn't be surprised if those teenagers worked harder to get things done at that restaurant than Nathan.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

In a Garf-rear end restaurant
Hurry up with my drat lasagns!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Unfortunately Nathen being a hosed up creep towards women for the crime of having a body is nothing new.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I could see him buying off the shelf Barilla at a local grocery store for his half rear end carry out lasagnas.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Unfortunately Nathen being a hosed up creep towards women for the crime of having a body is nothing new.

sir we are discussing pasta

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Was trying to find pictures of the lasagna and stumbled on the Yelp reviews.

quote:

It was so cool when i met Garfield at the restaurant and their food was spot on with my deit and budget, would recommend for people who like to eat food with moneysssssss

quote:

Everyone here just complaining about nonsense. People salty and love complaining about nothing. It's not farm to table, they didn't give me my food for free, they didn't have enough seats. Boohoo entitled morons.

I love the way Nathen writes.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I assure you these are very real reviews from very real customers! Mneow!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dr. Quarex posted:

I know you are just talking about how he undoubtedly named it, but for those new to the thread who missed it:

https://prettospasta.com/butter-chicken/

It is not branded Big Cow, obviously, and clearly this is a chicken lasagna, but it is an already-extant orange lasagna sauce which seems fairly damning.

Praise Astral, I found it

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Empty Sandwich posted:

my understanding is that almost no North American Italian restaurant makes a goddamn thing... it's all prefab frozen or dry.

What a weird understanding to have

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
GarfieldBeats[Protesters]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Empty Sandwich posted:

You are correct they did not serve Lasagna they served lasagne, I forgot.

quote:

Great fun in the restaurant. Staff are friendly and were so kind since we are still in a pandemic...

The food was brilliant. i had the lasagne and it was ooey gooey cheesy wonderfulness. Pasta was well cooked and the flavour was incredible. My friend got a pizza and from the sample I had it was great.

Big thumbs (or paws!) up!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

sharknado slashfic posted:

Praise Astral, I found it
The best part is I absolutely wanted to eat it after finding that. Hell yes, Indian/Italian fusion! Hell no, Garfield/Nermal fusion

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Sherbert Hoover posted:

sir we are discussing pasta

Oops

Unfortunately, Nathen being a hosed up creep towards pasta for the crime of not being from Italy (but also it has to be local canadian farm2plate) is nothing new.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
so true

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MassRafTer posted:

Lmao

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Empty Sandwich posted:

I’m not sure this is true, but also dry pasta is actually cool and good, not an inferior product compared to fresh. There is a whole series about it on YouTube, it’s fascinating.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mozi posted:

#2farm2plate

#2farms1plate

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

loving entitled brats, just waltzing in my restaurant expecting a chair and food that matches the description :mad: get over yourselves and give me money!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I don't believe his tweet for a second but the photos of food from the restaurant made it look like stuff that was actually being made by teenagers.

The mistake you're making is thinking the mail order lasagnas must have been good, or at least okay, or at least better than the store food, just because they were from a third party.

One of the YouTubers caught up in this cultural phenomenon went and got one. The quality of the lasagna might just surprise you (it was bad): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1l5QpIo3BE

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Iirc the “orange sauce” on the lasagna was some sort of curry paste - which they used in lieu of tomato sauce. In theory it doesn’t sound terrible

(It was probably terrible)

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
A world famous chef(name not available) worked for an entire week, day and night, to get the sauce just the right colour. This was in one of the first videos I've seen about Nathen and garfieldEATS

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Iirc the “orange sauce” on the lasagna was some sort of curry paste - which they used in lieu of tomato sauce. In theory it doesn’t sound terrible

(It was probably terrible)

No, no. Even 'in theory' that doesn't sound good.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Alchemist posted:

A world famous chef(name not available) worked for an entire week, day and night, to get the sauce just the right colour. This was in one of the first videos I've seen about Nathen and garfieldEATS

Shockingly, this turned out to be untrue because when we found the manufacturer, they had been making the orange sauce lasagnas for a while and Nathen just changed the box art and resold them. The info is in this thread somewhere.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Are you calling Nathen a liar!? Nathen will hear about this when he gets back from the honeymoon with his new fiancé!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

This new Nathen arc is weird.