Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

isndl posted:

You should drain the water along the left side of that lake and install a line of uranium slug turrets. :getin:

digging out a space for them would be simpler and probably more effective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Flesh Forge posted:

you can simply disable the bug faction at start you know, no one will get mad

there are mods that disable these raid strategies - I don't like them either, I use Turtle Friendly Raids
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2873687151&searchtext=turtle

oddly I like and am OK with a bunch of bugs and goop wrecking some interior things but I don't like the shooty mans falling from the sky and making GBS threads up my interior, go figure :shrug:

Beautiful, thanks!

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Lethrom posted:

Are you NOT supposed to have all your colonists battle-ready at all times?!

Eh, I dunno. I don't like to see my pawns performing mundane tasks in their power armour cos it looks silly to me, also it slows them down, hinders manipulation and (I assume) also causes wear and tear on the armour.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rimworld has surprisingly many rat themed mods.

Not that I mind. I'll take that giant rat cavalry tyvm.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

woo work tab updated

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
So my Waster colony is at the point where pretty much everyone has an aesthetic implant or two to counter their racial uggo, some of them are getting into actual beauty territory and ... now it's more like this

WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME YOU loving STORK BITCH

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Flesh Forge posted:

WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME YOU loving STORK BITCH

Why, she’s a devil, a devil, the devil’s dam.

Tut, she’s a lamb, a dove, a fool to him.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Everyone else is basically capturing people and throwing them into the gene extracter, right?

Im trying to create the ultimate life form here.

All i need is hedgehog DNA...

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 26, 2022

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Hihohe posted:

Everyone else is basically capturing people and throwing them into the gene extracter, right?

Im trying to create the ultimate life form here.

All i need is hedgehog DNA...

asking the difficult questions, in the name of the Greater Good :hai:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Is there a way to use console or dev mode to edit my ideology mid-game? Or edit my pawn to give them the Chemical Interest trait? I have a good pawn who is about to die due to a genetic need for Go Juice, but my ideology is medical/recreational drugs only.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

asking the difficult questions, in the name of the Greater Good :hai:

toilets should face the permanently open doors

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fhqwhgads posted:

Is there a way to use console or dev mode to edit my ideology mid-game? Or edit my pawn to give them the Chemical Interest trait? I have a good pawn who is about to die due to a genetic need for Go Juice, but my ideology is medical/recreational drugs only.

Yes, view the ideology in dev mode and it will have a tick at the top to turn on editing. There is a command if you click the debug actions menu at the top of the screen to give pawns traits (search "trait")

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Fhqwhgads posted:

Dev mode should give you an edit option on the ideology screen. Top right IIRC.
Not sure if you can add traits through Dev mode but use the search function. Failing that, use the character editor mod on the workshop

^ this guy right here :argh:

Deketh fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 26, 2022

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Thanks both, couldn't figure out how to get traits added to the pawn, but I was able to remove the drug use ideologon and saved my pawn.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

toilets should face the permanently open doors

they do :hai:

e: oh oops, yeah a couple do not, I'll fix that
my motto with prison design is "get comfortable but don't get too comfortable"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Yes, view the ideology in dev mode and it will have a tick at the top to turn on editing. There is a command if you click the debug actions menu at the top of the screen to give pawns traits (search "trait")

fairly sure you can just give them the space heroin anyway and they will just be bummed for a while (although if you don't have a fluid ideo that will be an ongoing pain in the rear end, if you have fluid you can just fix it)

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nah if you have drugs banned by an ideology then you're just outright unable to administer them even if the pawn is addicted or dependent.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

what if you KO them and do it as an operation
e: a few times now I have had guests of various factions come in, do some of my space cocaine or space weed and then they have some giant -15 negative thought about it and get mad AT ME :shrug:

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
There's a scale of anti/pro-drug precepts, I believe with the strongest anti-drug one it doesn't let you even forcibly administer drugs, but with the lighter ones you can still force them to take stuff and they just get grumpy about it iirc.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, High Libido is kinda annoying in how much sleep time it wastes.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

This is one of those weird questions , i know, but when can a woman in this game have another child?

Can she become pregnant again right after having a child or is there a cool down?

I have a woman whos had 3 children now and she seems to only get pregnant after the baby turns into a child

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

About 2 quadrums into my colony’s first year and things are going decent. I even had one of the Left Behinders I made wander in thanks to the Reunion mod!

I also had another pawn come and join me, offering to be a productive citizen. Except it turns out the culture he’s from worships trees and… he’s very, very distraught at the amount of logging we are doing. Just cause we live in a boreal forest doesn’t mean we worship trees dude!

He’s constantly teetering on the edge of a break and has already thrown one tantrum. He’s also resisting conversion attempts and gaining back almost all the confidence my Moral Guide removes between attempts.

I’m vaguely considering just banishing him. One less mouth to feed in the upcoming winter which I’m already short on food for… he’s not very impressive stats/skillswise either.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
For quick conversion you can try a conversion ritual at your temple/ritual spot, it will auto convert if it rolls high enough. Otherwise you can just arrest him and set him to convert. Once the warden finishes converting him you can just release him and he immediately rejoins the colony. It does cause a mood penalty but it's not too bad and fades pretty quickly.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Man, High Libido is kinda annoying in how much sleep time it wastes.

Yeah I agree. And it's annoying in the game, too

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Are there any mods or tools that would allow me to design my own colony map from a blank slate? I know I can use dev mode to level everything but then there are still tons of chunks and junk to clean up, I'd like to just start with a blank empty area and place mountains and stuff myself

e: map designer is close enough to what i wanted:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2111424996&searchtext=mountain

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 26, 2022

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Whoever recommended Research Reinvented, thanks! It's really cool and adds a bit more thought to how researching goes. I'm liking it a lot.

On my current tribal game I also included Semi Random Research, which is also fun, except I'm like two years in and I still haven't been offered stonecutting. We're basically just making a shitload of drugs to drag to the nearest town and sell for stone bricks.

Otherwise been trying to keep the modlist down to jus tsome QoL stuff. But I think I'm going to have to bite on Simple Sidearms - I really hate that when something gets in melee range of a dude with a gun he's just so loving useless.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

We Do What We Must, Because We Can. :hai:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

anyone know whats up with this? why would i have a 25% multiplier because of my animals skill?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

Are there any mods or tools that would allow me to design my own colony map from a blank slate? I know I can use dev mode to level everything but then there are still tons of chunks and junk to clean up, I'd like to just start with a blank empty area and place mountains and stuff myself

e: map designer is close enough to what i wanted:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2111424996&searchtext=mountain

Dang this mod is really cool if you like overpowered map layouts. You can just set it to generate every tile as some variation of whatever settings, like donut valleys:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

marumaru posted:

anyone know whats up with this? why would i have a 25% multiplier because of my animals skill?

You're using Vanilla Skills Expanded, having Critical passion in one skill (in this case, Animals) makes you worse at learning all other skills

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

MerrMan posted:

Whoever recommended Research Reinvented, thanks! It's really cool and adds a bit more thought to how researching goes. I'm liking it a lot.

On my current tribal game I also included Semi Random Research, which is also fun, except I'm like two years in and I still haven't been offered stonecutting. We're basically just making a shitload of drugs to drag to the nearest town and sell for stone bricks.

Otherwise been trying to keep the modlist down to jus tsome QoL stuff. But I think I'm going to have to bite on Simple Sidearms - I really hate that when something gets in melee range of a dude with a gun he's just so loving useless.

When I use semi random research I use the rerolls and only use it when I really need something or just can't get interested in what's being offered. It does take some of the spirit out of the mod but it works for me if I show a little bit of restraint and gets me to research stuff I might not normally just by seeing it pop up in the queue.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

You're using Vanilla Skills Expanded, having Critical passion in one skill (in this case, Animals) makes you worse at learning all other skills

oh, dangit! thanks!

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I used semi-random research and human resources and it took me 3 years to get stone cutting, lol.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Hihohe posted:

This is one of those weird questions , i know, but when can a woman in this game have another child?

Can she become pregnant again right after having a child or is there a cool down?

I have a woman whos had 3 children now and she seems to only get pregnant after the baby turns into a child

I found this on the Rimworld wiki:

quote:

It is impossible for a mother that is lactating to have another child under any circumstances, even via surrogacy.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Torrannor posted:

It is impossible for a mother that is lactating to have another child under any circumstances, even via surrogacy.

Oh, if only.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Ah, excellent. The most important of mods has updated.

Actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

We Do What We Must, Because We Can. :hai:

Trying to figure out what balance of banks and processors I want since I have less room to work with. Is 4 processors enough do you think?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Rolled the 10% fail on the first birth of the colony, it's.... hitting harder than I thought. 14 skill doctor, 0.6 clean room, hospital bed... but no.

Meanwhile the mother has the dunce trait so the -15 from stillbirth didn't even get her out of, "happy."

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

HelloSailorSign posted:

Rolled the 10% fail on the first birth of the colony, it's.... hitting harder than I thought. 14 skill doctor, 0.6 clean room, hospital bed... but no.

Meanwhile the mother has the dunce trait so the -15 from stillbirth didn't even get her out of, "happy."

I had a pawn go into early labor and have a stillbirth in the second trimester and it really bummed me out. I had meant to turn off complex births and forgot, I won't be making that mistake again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Update on tribal colony that never figured out how to cut stones: They were finally offered Stonecutting tech, but then Randy decided it was also time for back-to-back-to-back Neanderthal raids which walked right through my small arms fire and absolutely obliterated my still mostly-naked melee pawns. They did alright for a few quadrums but didn't quite get there.

Considering just opting out of ideology when I start my next colony. I like it in theory, and I see how it adds flavor to a lot of the stories y'all tell here, but in practice I just find it annoying more often than not. In this tribal game I got a super lucky Muffalo berserk while there was a visiting caravan. The caravan handled them and then I though Yay! Free Meat! But I forgot I had Venerated Muffalo so these fuckers are just eating raw corn instead of all these meals I just prepared. Oof. I also felt like it made integrating other xenotypes into the colony much more difficult - I've got a bunch of dudes that don't like drugs but here comes Mr. Hussar who wants, well I suppose needs to get hosed up on Go Juice all the time. I guess it's just another challenge to meet the needs of your pawns but... oof. Maybe I'm just bad at this game? Still fun to get my dudes killed on the Rim though.