Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

1glitch0 posted:

Is this not going to be on Game Pass? The gently caress we doing here?

let me help you:

:glomp:

edit: Perfect snipe. No regerts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

For my fellow Grounded-heads who’ve had the game turn into a stuttering mess: check around the trash bags. The ants there have become hoarders. I just destroyed 1000+ apple and hot dog bits.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

nom epique posted:

Now you will have two pieces of expensive plastic with no games op. In all serious I’m just about as disappointed as can be with Xbox.

Sounds like you just don't like video games op, maybe you should consider rehoming your consoles, since you're clearly incapable of giving them the care they deserve.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Imagine thinking the series X with Game Pass and emulators isn't a great value

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

nom epique posted:

Gosh Xbox is junk. Definitely regret copping at this point. Would like to sell but I’m so disgusted with the lack of games I’m temped to just run it over with a bulldozer or huck it off a bridge at this point. Pure junk.

Mod challenge?? You gotta film yourself crushing your consoles now.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
New preview on High On Life. It actually looks pretty interesting. Also, entire movies in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK4JZR8ULkY

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Got myself an early Christmas present with my tax return in the form of a Series X from Microsoft's online store. I may have also spent more of said tax return on one of those shiny Lunar Shift controllers too. It is very pretty, and I like the rubber grips on the outside of the handles.

Now I just gotta wait for my XboxSeX to turn up in the mail in a few days so I can play games with it. :shepface: (I've got Game Pass Ultimate, and a shitload of X360 games ready and waiting to play on something that doesn't sound like a jet engine in takeoff)

edit: Also is the PDP Media Remote worth getting at all for BluRay's, DVD's, etc?

I bought and recommend the 8bitdo remote. it's nice.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Anyone playing Mount & Blade: Bannerlord 2 that just came out today?

I don't know much about this one but the description and videos make it seem pretty cool.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lammasu posted:

New preview on High On Life. It actually looks pretty interesting. Also, entire movies in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK4JZR8ULkY

This looks fun! I wonder what the budget was between this and scorn? I dunno why I’m comparing the two, but for some reason both occupy a similar space in my mind, despite this appearing to be an actual game and not just touch gross stuff simulator (which it may also have)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

John F Bennett posted:

I don't know much about this one but the description and videos make it seem pretty cool.

Oh poo poo! Is this on gamepass?? I've always wanted to play it

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

External Organs posted:

Oh poo poo! Is this on gamepass?? I've always wanted to play it

It is not, sorry!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I played it when it first hit early access and thought it was more of the same but somehow even more janky and with graphics that would have looked cutting edge ten years ago. If it's out on Xbox now, maybe it's been significantly improved since then?

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
The mount and blade developers are well known for their completely glacial update speed. The core idea and gameplay loop is really solid, but a lot of the systems around it are not and have not really seen much improvement since the game came out on PC a couple years ago. If the core gameplay loop of building and recruiting an army while leading the battles personally looks good to you, you will probably enjoy the game. If you were hoping to engage with some of the later game systems like building your own kingdom or actual diplomacy with nobility, you will be disappointed.

Riding around on a horse and chopping dudes up is great though

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Yeah, the meat of the gameplay is fun enough, but they'd really been hyping more complex RPG/relationship systems and the world and it's inhabitants feel just as hollow and lifeless as ever.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John F Bennett posted:

Too bad. I haven't played the second one since the time it originally came out, but I'm really enjoying the last installment. The AI seems to have been much improved, and it also looks very good.

problem is unless they changed it all the civs and units are very samey which is a problem when they were attempting to market it via SC2 streamers as a competitive mp title.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

American McGay posted:

Yeah, there's a retail version. Just open Edge on your Xbox and type in tinyurl.com/mryset5w

Seems to be working flawlessly for me so far, although it's running off an ancient 32GB thumb drive so load times / performance might be able to be improved a bit I don't really know how any of this works I'm just gonna play Burnout 3 in 4K60 for the rest of my life.

Holy loving poo poo what the gently caress this is nuts. The last I saw of emulation on PC was Burnout 3 still had the sky glitch but it looks like that's fixed? I have a 4TB external drive hooked up to my XSX for all my XB1 & 360 games, will that work with putting emulators on or do I need a specific emulator-only storage device?

I still love playing Burnout Revenge via BC and Burnout Paradise remastered owns but Burnout 3 would be sick as hell especially with all the upscaled graphics. Would be great to have access to other classics as well like SSX Tricky, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, Silent Hill 2 (the original version that doesn't suck) and Killer 7 and maybe even some Japanese shmups? This is awesome. That YouTube video you linked made it look like you can add custom game tile art to the library as well? They really thought of everything :stare:

Does PS3 emulation work as well? I know that's come far on PC and I really miss playing Katamari Forever. How about SNES emulation and whatever that Nintendo one that covers GameCube/WiiU etc. (Dolphin?) is and MAME? Do they work as well?

Thank you for posting this! Xbox Series best console ever :swoon:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There’s no PS3 emulator on xbox

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man Grounded is very good looking and almost cartoony it sometimes makes you forget how loving brutal it can be, laff. I fell into a hole and got mobbed by 2 soldier ants and got fuuuuuucked up!

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

SUNKOS posted:

Holy loving poo poo what the gently caress this is nuts. The last I saw of emulation on PC was Burnout 3 still had the sky glitch but it looks like that's fixed? I have a 4TB external drive hooked up to my XSX for all my XB1 & 360 games, will that work with putting emulators on or do I need a specific emulator-only storage device?

I still love playing Burnout Revenge via BC and Burnout Paradise remastered owns but Burnout 3 would be sick as hell especially with all the upscaled graphics. Would be great to have access to other classics as well like SSX Tricky, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, Silent Hill 2 (the original version that doesn't suck) and Killer 7 and maybe even some Japanese shmups? This is awesome. That YouTube video you linked made it look like you can add custom game tile art to the library as well? They really thought of everything :stare:

Does PS3 emulation work as well? I know that's come far on PC and I really miss playing Katamari Forever. How about SNES emulation and whatever that Nintendo one that covers GameCube/WiiU etc. (Dolphin?) is and MAME? Do they work as well?

Thank you for posting this! Xbox Series best console ever :swoon:
I think you'd need a different hard drive because of formats, but I haven't looked into it in a while. You could probably get by with a 1 TB if you're not going for full ROM sets. Dolphin is correct.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Since they moved the retail Retroarch to the Discord server, the goddamn thing doesn't load my MAME Roms. I'm sad now.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
So is Microsoft actually chill about running emulators in retail mode now? Last I looked into it several months ago, the going wisdom was “it’s possible this could get you banned, but they don’t seem to care”.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
they still get taken off the store three times a week so not really

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Illusive Man posted:

So is Microsoft actually chill about running emulators in retail mode now? Last I looked into it several months ago, the going wisdom was “it’s possible this could get you banned, but they don’t seem to care”.
The only risk is to the developer accounts that publish them. If you’re able to snag one while it’s up they can’t take it away or punish you because of it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Trek To Yomi is drowning in style. I musta missed people talking about this one in here when it came to gamepass.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

External Organs posted:

Trek To Yomi is drowning in style. I musta missed people talking about this one in here when it came to gamepass.

The game genuinely looks incredible. The world design and style are amazing.... then you have to play it. About 30 minutes in I quit and just hoped they wouldve made like a Goemon clone with those assets instead.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Yeah it looks fantastic but I don't think I played it for more than an hour, I bounced off of it super hard

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Speaking of looking fantastic, my partner's been playing the new plague tale and holy moly that is a good looking game. Every time I walk past I end up doing a double take because I'm gobsmacked by how pretty it is.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
The new Plague Tale is a beautiful, solidly constructed game that is wildly overstaying its welcome. I have something like an hour left and it feels like it should've wrapped up at least three hours ago. It's souring me on an otherwise good experience.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

otter posted:

I bought and recommend the 8bitdo remote. it's nice.

Ooh, cheers! :tipshat:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Plague Tale is absolutely beautiful and not fun

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I’m probably missing something re: plague tale but I gave up on the first big stealth sequence where they stop holding your hand, probably gonna give it another shot on narrative mode because it’s very pretty indeed.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Trying to install that amazing looking PS2 emu, but the store just hangs upon opening the link. Is this just the store delisting it for a bit or something?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Wee Bairns posted:

Trying to install that amazing looking PS2 emu, but the store just hangs upon opening the link. Is this just the store delisting it for a bit or something?

It did this to me yesterday so I am wondering the same.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

John F Bennett posted:

I think it is really good as long as you don't care about the old school PC game vibes (aka terrible graphics, weird interface, very little handholding, etc). It's a pretty unique game series that doesn't compare to much of anything I can think of. It's sorta like Total War but you are in the fights beating rear end while doing some basic tactical orders. I loved it when I played the early access version a year+ back

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I was watching a few videos and it seems like while the graphics aren't great you do get a ton of characters on screen sometimes, so maybe that's the tradeoff.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Despite its age, PS2 emulation is definitely somewhat of a hot topic right now, especially with Sony offering PS2 games through its subscription service. Yes it's a poor selection on Sony's side and they should be embarrassed, but the fact remains that they're doing it and Xbox is literally in a legal situation with Sony right now and can't look like they don't care about people using their console to break DMCA and allow people free access to their competitor's content (some of which you can actually currently buy/subscribe to) illegally. So I'm not terribly surprised if they're wielding the banhammer a little more aggressively than usual on this, it could easily be a dumb thing like that which ultimately torpedoes their $69 billion deal in military hardware (in software form).

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

This describes basically 95% of non-indie games for the last 20 years.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Beastie posted:

It did this to me yesterday so I am wondering the same.

It did indeed get delisted. Microsoft have gotten a little more aggressive lately about taking these retail apps down from the store.

However, the devs just keep uploading them again. Microsoft doesn't seem to mind this odd cat-and-mouse game, somehow.

Look up "gamr13" and it should come up easily (not the store, I mean in a search engine).

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Oct 26, 2022

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

TheScott2K posted:

i got a few minutes in, after you chase the little kid. i could tell the characters were going to be annoying, the aliasing (especially on her hair) was incredibly distracting and the nauseating framerate made it unplayable. another win for gamepass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Xboxfail.

Plaguetale looks perfect on PC with maximum settings.