Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
so he only trusts the proletariat?

wtf i hate him now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
He only trusts his fists op

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doktor Avalanche posted:

it links to another article which ends with this (it's supposed to portray xi as a sinister paranoid character i guess):

“There’s this siege mentality on the part of Xi Jinping that says, ‘I need to be strong [and] make the country strong because China has been abused,’” said Nathan, the Columbia University professor. “He doesn’t trust the middle class, he doesn’t trust the entrepreneurs, he doesn’t trust careerist members of his own political party and he doesn’t trust people who advise him that the United States would be willing to coexist [with China].”

and all i see is someone with clarity of vision
lol hot drat

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

quote:

Last year, Xi launched an “anti-inequality campaign” calling on China’s wealthiest to “give back to society more.” That has stalled the sector’s growth as Chinese tech megafirms such as Tencent and Alibaba have donated billions of dollars to common prosperity initiatives to demonstrate corporate submission to Xi’s economic agenda.

Xi aims to ease the pain for Chinese consumers by pouring the money from those tech donors and additional state funds into a program to provide social welfare benefits for lower income citizens. But his strategy is centered around state-owned industries burdened with poor management practices and an overreliance on subsidies.

god just imagine if any Western government was able to bully tech companies into funding billions of dollars of social welfare benefits

President Xi, my people cry out for freedom. Please send J-20s

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Doktor Avalanche posted:

it links to another article which ends with this (it's supposed to portray xi as a sinister paranoid character i guess):

“There’s this siege mentality on the part of Xi Jinping that says, ‘I need to be strong [and] make the country strong because China has been abused,’” said Nathan, the Columbia University professor. “He doesn’t trust the middle class, he doesn’t trust the entrepreneurs, he doesn’t trust careerist members of his own political party and he doesn’t trust people who advise him that the United States would be willing to coexist [with China].”

Breaking: Xi Jinping not a loving idiot.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Every time they keep complaining about Xi Jinping the more I'm tempted to actually buy his book and read it.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who exactly is the target audience of articles like "China hates entrepeneurs and forced tech giants to give up billions of profits to help on social welfare and alleviate poverty" , because everytime I read these I go "hell yeah" but they seem to imply that it's a bad thing?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Maybe the US should actually demonstrate a willingness to co-exist with a powerful China, maybe then Xi wouldn't correctly identify pro-West Party members as huge loving dipshits.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Xi Jinping would be cooler if he was like 20 years older, severely senile, and sniffed on young girls every time he had a camera pointed at him

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
xi rules

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I just realized Sunak is 42? That's ridiculously young to lead a nation.

He is going to do whatever the power that be tell him to do because he has no loving idea.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Karl_Was_Right/status/1584665767668199424

China is the Nickelback of economies

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
South Korean bond market stepped on a Lego(land)

S. Korea scrambles to prevent real estate PF liquidity crisis

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
It's a paper tiger

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

stephenthinkpad posted:

He is going to do whatever the power that be tell him to do because he has no loving idea.

He's a billionaire op and was in charge of the British economy during the pandemic

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

cat botherer posted:

It's a paper tiger

Because making paper is soon going to be too expensive in Europe

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Every single human being on earth has more in common with Xi Jinping than Rishi Sunak, on account of Xi having ever experienced anything bad happening to him in his life

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Doktor Avalanche posted:

Oh Xi actually learned something from history. No wonder hes an effective leader

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
long live president xi

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Mans posted:

Who exactly is the target audience of articles like "China hates entrepeneurs and forced tech giants to give up billions of profits to help on social welfare and alleviate poverty" , because everytime I read these I go "hell yeah" but they seem to imply that it's a bad thing?

Liberals who hate the poor

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Doktor Avalanche posted:

:thunkin:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
You guys can handle one more little century of humiliation, right? Why are you causing all this trouble?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

stephenthinkpad posted:

Seriously, you don't think insanely old cunts on the verge of death being in charge didn't help get us here?

Not defending Ritchie rich but come the gently caress on

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Figure this might be of interest. Just nothing, just a minor massive brawl about indian politics right in Canada

https://www.insauga.com/video-500-people-fight-in-mississauga-during-diwali-celebrations/

RSS poo poo is seeping into every diaspora Community and here it's clashing with the far longer established Khalistan movement

White Political consultants thinking that all indian people would vote for a guy named Singh was the dumbest thing ever

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

42 is practically a baby

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

42 is practically a baby

Too old for President Brandon

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

stephenthinkpad posted:

he's gonna sell the NHS off under false pretences, thats his governance.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

xi bangs

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

xi-hulk

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

finally after the 20th National Congress a hero reeemerges for what's to come

https://twitter.com/hebeipangzai/status/1584935604046872577

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

eSports Chaebol posted:

isn’t the Han “ethnicity” (an ethnicity of peoples speaking diverse mutually unintelligible languages) as made up as the White race? it’s just too late to get into it now so minorities get Otherized in exchange for special protections at the cost of having to wear traditional clothes and dance all the time.

afaik this is basically right. most of my grandparents all spoke a different dialect but none counted as an official ethnic minority

eSports Chaebol posted:

counterpoint: the Han are so inherently superior that Malaysia has affirmative action for the Malay majority lest the Han citizens control the entire economic sector

lol, my cousin was telling me Chinese names/languages were banned in Indonesia until fairly recently.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
A race is an ethnicity with an army etc etc

webcams for christ posted:

Always brighten up the day.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

webcams for christ posted:

looking hale and hearty

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ReutersChina/status/1585252600802603008?s=20&t=uozEj-BOpBv-AfuotY0ReA

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1585179500861693953

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

really speaks more of the treatment of their own than china

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Doktor Avalanche posted:

“There’s this siege mentality on the part of Xi Jinping that says, ‘I need to be strong [and] make the country strong because China has been abused,’” said Nathan, the Columbia University professor. "He doesn’t trust the middle class, he doesn’t trust the entrepreneurs, he doesn’t trust careerist members of his own political party and he doesn’t trust people who advise him that the United States would be willing to coexist [with China].”

that all sounds great.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

indigi posted:

that all sounds great.

yeah lol like

how western centric do you have to be to see this as a bad thing

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

HiroProtagonist posted:

yeah lol like

how western centric do you have to be to see this as a bad thing

You just have to be enough of a sucker to not see that upper class ideals are white washed through the "middle class" in US government policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

I just don't know why Xi would be so paranoid as to think the US has it out for China.