Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

OldSenileGuy posted:

Aren't Fanatics jerseys kinda crap? Or have they gotten better?

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Fanatics everything is kind of crap

See that cool little PCB design on the elbows? That bit is made of really thin pleather-like material. It got completely torn to shreds after one wash. Not just a little flaking, but the entire part is ruined. Everything else is heat pressed. Just feels like poo poo for a $100+ dollar jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

OldSenileGuy posted:

Aren't Fanatics jerseys kinda crap? Or have they gotten better?

I have a 20 year old Spartans tee that has held up better than a fanatics tee that I've washed twice.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

abuse culture. posted:

Which player is this

Jeff King

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

King poo poo.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Devils looked great tonight but I don't think Holtz is long for the NHL. Just doesn't have the pace right now or the confidence to play his slow game effectively. Zetterlund looked great though

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

T-Bone posted:

Devils looked great tonight but I don't think Holtz is long for the NHL. Just doesn't have the pace right now or the confidence to play his slow game effectively. Zetterlund looked great though

Very encouraging bounceback from last night too.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Zetterlund had 7 shots in 13 minutes!

e: John Marino has been Real Good for the Devils so far

https://twitter.com/CJTDevil/status/1585085528445444096

I'm sure they'll struggle again on the big west coast trip and vs. Colorado but everything is trending pretty well besides Holtz looking underwhelming. Bratt tied for the league lead in scoring atm, he's gonna get 8m+

Gonna be a really interesting team when Luke Hughes signs. Could see him and Nemec full time next year.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 26, 2022

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Hell yeah babey :cool:

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/1585112870475350016

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Gotta admit, Knights are defying my early expectations of being somewhat bad.

Just gotta see how long the old guys stay healthy for.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/GinoHard_/status/1585106284604698626

Game last night was fun. Avs dominated the first, Rangers got their poo poo together in the second and third. Igor and Georgiev were fantastic.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How about that blown high sticking call though?

It's insane that refs can't review that stuff, all it would have taken was 5 seconds of watching the replay. Instead they spent like 3 minutes debating amongst themselves what they could do about it.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

xzzy posted:

How about that blown high sticking call though?

It's insane that refs can't review that stuff, all it would have taken was 5 seconds of watching the replay. Instead they spent like 3 minutes debating amongst themselves what they could do about it.

I get not wanting to clog the game with coaches challenges but I don’t understand why the refs can’t just wave off their own call. And in this case, wouldn’t the refs know that they can’t review a minor so why did they bother, reviewing the play, talking to Toronto, etc. and not just immediately resume play with the penalty standing? There was clearly no blood so it’s not like that was going to change.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
https://twitter.com/moneypuckdotcom/status/1585249320390926336?s=46&t=2NYqmCdl2y9NYvHejHjKfA

Just like we all expected. Radio Gudas, Cody Ceci, and 2 of Ottawa’s d-pairings.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Phil getting that streak rules, especially since he did it by completely avoiding any kind of physical contact whatsoever for his entire career.

Seriously I've never seen an NHL player who goes to such lengths to avoid contact. I don't even mean that in a negative way - he's been very effective throughout that streak despite his unique play style.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

Phil getting that streak rules, especially since he did it by completely avoiding any kind of physical contact whatsoever for his entire career.

Seriously I've never seen an NHL player who goes to such lengths to avoid contact. I don't even mean that in a negative way - he's been very effective throughout that streak despite his unique play style.

I still think his best moment is chopping John Scott in the foot to try and avoid a fight.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

xzzy posted:

I still think his best moment is chopping John Scott in the foot to try and avoid a fight.

For which he received a 3-game suspension!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Chad Sexington posted:

For which he received a 3-game suspension!

So you're saying he's lying about his iron man streak? :thunk:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

bub spank posted:

https://twitter.com/moneypuckdotcom/status/1585249320390926336?s=46&t=2NYqmCdl2y9NYvHejHjKfA

Just like we all expected. Radio Gudas, Cody Ceci, and 2 of Ottawa’s d-pairings.

Mahura sucked balls in Anaheim. That's really frustrating to see.

It's way too early in the season to draw conclusions, and I haven't watched any Panthers games, but goddamn it's time to fire Eakins.
At this point they're not tanking, they're just ruining the promising players they already have.

QuasiQuack fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 26, 2022

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

wings finally showed their youth, whole season will likely be peaks and valleys so its expected

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also didn't count the handful of games Marleau missed by not having a contract.

It's all been bullshit for a few years now. Give Doug Jarvis or whoever his title back.

(Kessel's suspension was preseason, that's why they don't count it. But they should. Cowards.)

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Who was it whose iron man streak was recently broken by suspension?

e: it was Cogliano. That's kind of funny.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think this Avalanche game is the Devils first game all year against a team that's not bottom 10 in xGOALS%

70% may be prove to be slightly unsustainable.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

bub spank posted:

Nurse and Ceci are both having their best seasons so far while Ryan Murray and Brett Kulak look like they don't know how to skate.

Nurse has managed to cut his SA/60 by 6 shots and both his GA/60 and xGA/60 are the lowest of his career (as is pretty much every other defensive metric). He's been excellent so eat poo poo Flames fans!!!

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
I don't think it's just me and menno laughing about the nurse contract but if it helps, I am unhappy that he's playing well

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
I wasn't a fan of trading for Travis Hamonic at the time, and I still don't think he's a great hockey player, but it turns out that Jake Sanderson is a very very good hockey player, and that Hamonic possesses a basic level of competence that allows him to thrive next to a very very good hockey player.

He's nowhere near good enough to cover defensively for a rover like Quinn Hughes, but when he has a partner that's doing a majority of the defensive heavy lifting, and his main role is to receive passes from said partner, it turns out he's still a pretty good transition player. He also has the uncanny ability to take a ton of heavy clappers from the point that stand no chance of landing anywhere near the net.

e: Similar thing, but reversed, with Holden and Brannstrom. Holden possesses a basic level of defensive competence that allows him to get the puck to Brannstrom, and this season Brannstrom is looking like the best defensive breakout player the Sens have had since Karlsson.

bub spank fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 26, 2022

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Canucks didn't lose last night!

largely because they didn't play last night, but baby steps.

I like their chances to make it two in a row tonight, too.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Powershift posted:

Thursday is going to be a day though. At least they'll have made it a couple nights in a row. Those early season streaks are important.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Just realized Bratt is leading the league in scoring. lol. He's gonna get 9+ apy. Probably not from the devils.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Just realized Bratt is leading the league in scoring. lol. He's gonna get 9+ apy. Probably not from the devils.

He's gotta be angling for Mitch Marner money
bets are off if he cracks 100

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TRADES! TRADES! TRADES!!!!

https://twitter.com/TonyAndrock/status/1585309388683628553

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Powershift posted:

I think this counts as a loss.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Canucks/status/1585307344036311040

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

I don't know how he was playing this season but this seems like a big shame

https://twitter.com/SNkylebukauskas/status/1585307716213673985

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He's gotta be angling for Mitch Marner money
bets are off if he cracks 100

I hope Mitch Marner angles for Jesper Bratt scoring.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Carver posted:

I don't know how he was playing this season but this seems like a big shame

https://twitter.com/SNkylebukauskas/status/1585307716213673985

drat, spent all summer drooling over the Sens top-6 and they don’t even last two weeks. This is the 3rd time Norris has hosed up his left shoulder since 2019, starting to be a real concern

Derrick Brassard looked decent on Monday, but losing a 30-goal scorer for the season in October hurts

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Cooper Zech

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ahahaha holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/PHNX_Coyotes/status/1585291444234829826

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

What a loving shitshow.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

The Dirty Burger posted:

drat, spent all summer drooling over the Sens top-6 and they don’t even last two weeks. This is the 3rd time Norris has hosed up his left shoulder since 2019, starting to be a real concern

Derrick Brassard looked decent on Monday, but losing a 30-goal scorer for the season in October hurts

Given his age and his last few seasons, I don't think Brassard is a full-season solution for the second line either. I think Giroux's ability to play center gives them some flexibility, and the role on that line is really just to be a complementary player to Giroux/DeBrincat, but there isn't really a clear internal option to slide in either. If Greig was healthy I could see him having some success with those two, but he's been out the whole season with some kind of shoulder or wrist injury. Maybe Joseph could slide up if Formenton signs, but that's looking more and more unlikely as the season goes on (and given the circumstances and lack of any public statements on his contract status, it's kind of feeling like his absence relates directly to the 2018 WJC scandal, and not a contract dispute).

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1585330985255985153

Is Kieffer Bellows bad? I remember hoping the Flyers would draft him in 2016 and now they can have him for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

there are loving muni rinks built 40 years ago that are better than that poo poo they're doing for Phoenix oh my loving god