Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
isn't that a fan dub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Maybe. If so, I still want it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I think Quebec Boomhauer is supposed to be the pinnacle of foreign dubs

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I grew up with Canadian versions of a bunch of poo poo. Sesame Street, MTV (which was MuchMusic here), and the far, far superior Canadian dub of Astro Boy. I really don't think that QC dub is official, but it should be on here anyway.

CanCon represent. :canada:

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Quebec Boomhauer is the pinnacle of foreign dubs

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YpGbDGdjFVk

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

https://www.myspace.com/strickprop

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The episode where Peggy writes an essay for Bobby rules. Bobby admits to the audience that he didn’t write the essay and that he used Peggy’s work for most people in the audience and gets away with it because he gave a patriotic speech. No lesson learned.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"Nancy, in the words of Billy Crystal, you look wonderful."

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Detective No. 27 posted:

The episode where Peggy writes an essay for Bobby rules. Bobby admits to the audience that he didn’t write the essay and that he used Peggy’s work for most people in the audience and gets away with it because he gave a patriotic speech. No lesson learned.

This is the kind of humor that King of the Hill does best. I watched the Rad Thibadeaux episode last night and there's a part where they're talking about Bobby replacing her birth control with sweet tarts.

PEGGY: Can you imagine the consequences if you had taken one of those fake pills and then gone out and had unprotected s --

HANK: Aaaahh!

LUANNE: I only got the pills to clear up my complexion and regulate my --

HANK: Aaaahh!

Hank's reaction being the same to both lines is very true to character, a comment about patriarchy and extremely funny. A smart, funny joke that's also a throwaway 5 second gag.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Me, extremely wise: I think KotH was a good show

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Another Bill posted:

This is the kind of humor that King of the Hill does best. I watched the Rad Thibadeaux episode last night and there's a part where they're talking about Bobby replacing her birth control with sweet tarts.

PEGGY: Can you imagine the consequences if you had taken one of those fake pills and then gone out and had unprotected s --

HANK: Aaaahh!

LUANNE: I only got the pills to clear up my complexion and regulate my --

HANK: Aaaahh!

Hank's reaction being the same to both lines is very true to character, a comment about patriarchy and extremely funny. A smart, funny joke that's also a throwaway 5 second gag.

Or the time the tampon commercial was on. The scene starts with Hank still bwaaah-ing to the tv, the commercial ends, and Bobby asks from the other room if he can come back in yet, and Hank says something like 'Yeah, it's over, you can come back now'.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/DreadXP_/status/1582778797941612553?t=s31GQc8BnIpZSoTSW5HUTg&s=19

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Another Bill posted:

I watched the Rad Thibadeaux episode…

That’s not how you pronounce Thibodeaux.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Soooo rad at aol dot com

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

The entertainment industry.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I hope I’m not butchering the quote, but I always lose it when Hank asks about Bobby’s sleeves being pushed up and Bobby says:
“This is how Rad sleeves himself”

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i keep getting older but these king of the hill episodes just stay the same

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Lincoln posted:

That’s not how you pronounce Thibodeaux.

Sometimes, by mistake.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Tib uh day ux

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Arson Daily posted:

Thib uh day ux's

Ftfy

Also Rad himself is the only one to put the extra 's at the end.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Returning Japanese is great. Hank is thinking to himself what life would have been like with a brother. “The Hill Boys are on the case.” Then later on in the episode he gets to use the line.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I love that episode but its weird how they never mention his brother ever again

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He shows up in a cameo at Luanne’s wedding at least. But I agree, they should have come up with an excuse for him to visit Arlen.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

But then I did just learnt he whole series somehow takes place over a period of only 24 months so it’s not that weird in context

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A MIRACLE posted:

But then I did just learnt he whole series somehow takes place over a period of only 24 months so it’s not that weird in context

There were 259 episode of King of the Hill, and 2 years is 730 days, that means an average episode would cover the span of 2 days, 19 hours, 40 minutes, and 48 seconds of life for the Hills

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Hmmmm… possible I guess

But Peggy had like 4 jobs in that time and they took a TON of vacations

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Plus like 6 or 7 Christmases.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
well, hank has all that oil money

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

its easily provable that the show does not take place over a year. two years would be a little harder to disprove but i think i could do it. please dont make me do it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It takes place over about two years with a scaling sense of time and place as needed to fit the story being told.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

god drat it i said dont make me do it

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the show's calendar was printed on the back of the Hill house blueprints

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's 4 thanksgiving episodes

- Stuck in the Airport on Thanksgiving
- Cotton shits all over Tilly leading to the lawnmower focus group
- Bobby takes home ec and out-homemakers Peggy causing her to flee the house
- John Redcorn ends up making Bobby hate America

All take place on Thanksgiving, could this have occurred in a two year span? No, but Bobby only ages from 11 to 13 over the history of the show, so which is it? Which are the false Thanksgivings?

WHERE IS THE WATER BOILER ROOM?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Peggy teaches sex ed and drops out of an airplane in the same afternoon.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Saucer Hovers posted:

god drat it i said dont make me do it

dO IT

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

the water boiler room / computer room? its in the hallway near the garage i thought

edit what the gently caress is wrong with me why do I even care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
*starts up geolocation software* my proof begins with the mathematical certainty of Enrique's daughter's quinceanera