Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Nahida's now just a single week away... the reality that I'm not gonna get a good set for her in time is starting to hit. Can't wait to finally see if my actually pretty good gilded dreams set ends up being worse than my supremely poo poo deepwood set lol (but like, a sad lol)

Shouldn't be too bad to find an alt holder in catalyze teams, but it might get a bit dumb with teams that deal with blooms now that you probably want the bloom trigger onfield (because of Nahida buff).

Deepwood Xingqiu? Candace??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I can't wait till I actually truely roll Nahida successfully, and I can finally drop my anxiety related dook dook

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Genshin Impact Tree.2: Do you think love can hyperbloom even on the battlefield?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Stare-Out posted:

The 4* on the Nahida/Yoimiya banner are Noelle, Bennett and Razor apparently. Oh well.

Has Heizou ever been on more than one banner?

Nice I need the second two, which means I'm gonna 6 star the first, or Thoma and some rando who isn't on the banner but for some reason comes up on all my rolls.

Incoherence posted:

Genshin Impact Tree.2: Do you think love can hyperbloom even on the battlefield?
!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Incoherence posted:

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Incoherence posted:

This is, no joke, literally the title of my Shinobu/Ayato fanfic, a preview of which I shall now proceed to inflict upon this thread:

"Lumine, you idiot!" Shinobu hissed into the Traveller's ear. "Why is the Yashiro Commissioner sitting in your boat?"

"Isn't he dreamy?" Lumine giggled. "Look at that hair, and that coat, and those long sleeves of his. I wonder if they come off?"

Shinobu briefly stifled an urge to stab the person next to her. It was a familar urge and spending time with the Arataki gang had given her much practice suppressing it. Instead, she settled for poking Lumine in the ribs.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Coolness Averted posted:

Nice I need the second two, which means I'm gonna 6 star the first, or Thoma and some rando who isn't on the banner but for some reason comes up on all my rolls.

Sitting at 42 pulls in and guaranteed from my off-banner Tighnari. I've got all of the 4*s at C6, so hopefully Nahida can come home early.

I wouldn't mind getting Thoma'd, though, now that I remember he exists and is actually a solid burgeon enabler... when he's not starved for energy. C4 would be nice to have, and I suppose I can use Kitain Cross Spear for the energy boost. But it looks infinitely worse on him than Dragon's Bane. Still, I can't deny how satisfying it is when he does work.

https://i.imgur.com/cycus1W.mp4

With a shield and XQ's swords, it's probably my most sustainable burgeon setup until a Dendro healer arrives. Benny's fun but feels really fragile with constant self damage and his heal not topping up.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Can't wait to get and build Nahida so my main team is Nahida/Kokomi/Raiden/Ganyu. Hopefully the artifact domain is kind to me lol.

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot
Bejaysus, AR59 and only today I got the joke “I can’t help but be stirred”

I’ve spent an insane amount of time building triple crown physical Qiqi (C0) with Pale Flame and Aquila Favonia, with a C6 Beidou burst she’s genuinely scary, but how else can I boost Qiqi’s physical damage?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

The 4* on the Nahida/Yoimiya banner are Noelle, Bennett and Razor apparently. Oh well.

On the one hand, I would like more Noelle constellations, so that’s cool.

On the other, I’m at C4 Bennett and I know exactly how this is gonna go.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I am curious, I have Bennett at C5 with the C6 item which I haven't used, how does the game handle that?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Stare-Out posted:

I am curious, I have Bennett at C5 with the C6 item which I haven't used, how does the game handle that?
5 starglitter, same as if he was C6'd.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
On one hand: very lame to have them all at C6*

On the other: I actually sort of want starglitter?

*forever cursed by C5 Bennet's "!"

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No Wave posted:

5 starglitter, same as if he was C6'd.

Aw, gently caress. Well, I'll take the starglitter.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Stare-Out posted:

Guess I’m living dangerously and rolling a few more times for Xiangling and Beidou constellations

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FiftyFour posted:

Bejaysus, AR59 and only today I got the joke “I can’t help but be stirred”

I’ve spent an insane amount of time building triple crown physical Qiqi (C0) with Pale Flame and Aquila Favonia, with a C6 Beidou burst she’s genuinely scary, but how else can I boost Qiqi’s physical damage?

There aren't a ton of options to boost phys / normal attack damage. Bennett is huge of course. Besides him your options are either yun jin for the extra normal attack damage or Rosaria for the crit buff+ cryo resonance.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Leathal posted:

Guess I’m living dangerously and rolling a few more times for Xiangling and Beidou constellations

This is extremely ill-advised.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

never roll for the 4 stars

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Risking 5 stars by rolling 4 stars is the only exciting part of the gacha system. If you have extra wishes who cares. If you don't have extra wishes, well yeah you might get into trouble.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rolling for 4-stars on a banner where you don't want the 5-star is the gacha version of being Icarus and I'm sure he's having a great time, still up there soaring on his wax wings

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Harrow posted:

Rolling for 4-stars on a banner where you don't want the 5-star is the gacha version of being Icarus and I'm sure he's having a great time, still up there soaring on his wax wings

With his friends, just out of frame.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'd like a C6 Noelle, but according to the soft pity calculator I'm at a 60% chance of pulling a guaranteed 5* on my next pull, so I am extremely unlikely to get any 4 stars.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Excelzior posted:

Counterpoint: Rolling for Benny twice on the first Yomiya rerun worked out great for me, really helped through the midgame period, and then I won the 50/50 for Zhongli the banner after.

But yeah, beginner's dumb luck aside, usually a terrible idea.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Harrow posted:

It works out great most of the time! Ignore my C1 ganyu and C2 cyno and there are no problems whatsoever!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I got Ganyu trying to get Dori, Cyno trying to get Candace, and Nilou trying for either Xiangling or Beidou. The only one I was really making a concerted effort to get was Dori (didn't pull her though), and it was all at the default chance. I didn't really mind any of them, but your brain always makes the odds seem unrealistic if it would benefit you more.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 26, 2022

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The best way to safely roll 4* characters is have awful event banner luck, which has worked for me most times so far.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

It works out great most of the time! Ignore my C1 ganyu and C2 cyno and there are no problems whatsoever!

It's cool, it's how I got my Jade Cutter on this banner, this definitely couldn't have gone horribly wrong and stuck me with an HP sword I don't need

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I got the wrong 5 on the Kazuha rerun banner and I've been so worried about losing my Archon guarantee that I have not spent a single wish since then, ten thousand years ago.

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There aren't a ton of options to boost phys / normal attack damage. Bennett is huge of course. Besides him your options are either yun jin for the extra normal attack damage or Rosaria for the crit buff+ cryo resonance.

Zombie Baby/Murder Nun/Butch Pirate/Chéo Girl, thanks mate I’ll give it a try.

I’m a teacher and my students are amazed by a Qiqi that can solo Masanori without teammates or food buffs so the effort is already worthwhile :cheers:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So I guess Heizou hasn't been on a banner since his debut? What's up with that?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

His debut wasn't that long ago

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

So I guess Heizou hasn't been on a banner since his debut? What's up with that?
They're going to stack the childe/yae banners. Layla, Heizou + 1.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah, giving Nahida an awful banner because what are you going to do, not roll on an archon? And then of course stack the follow up to tempt more primos from you.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Heizou isn't stuck to a specific character and never allowed to be released outside of that

looking at you Gorou, Sara

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The good thing about not caring about Benny is that I'm going to pull the trigger on that C6 and forget about him. More Razor constellations are fine by me though and maybe I'll get more use of Noelle beyond tanking giant vishap attacks.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im actually surprisingly low in constellations for both benny and razor. If I get Benny to C6 I might try out that weird razor reaction mess build

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'll probably activate Bennett's C6 when I get it because I don't currently run any characters/teams that would gently caress up and the exclamation point would bug me every single time I log in

Will I regret that in the future? Absolutely. One day they'll definitely release another physical damage character I really want who would love Benny's ATK buff and I won't be able to use him in that team. But that's a problem for future Harrow to deal with.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Excelzior posted:

Harrow posted:

I have been rolling on 4* without it ever backfiring. Would be great to get some pre-pity 5* rolls for a change. 1387 wishes across all banners and I've had 3 early 5* :(

Good luck on my 50:50 this year :shobon:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Harrow posted:

I'll probably activate Bennett's C6 when I get it because I don't currently run any characters/teams that would gently caress up and the exclamation point would bug me every single time I log in

Will I regret that in the future? Absolutely. One day they'll definitely release another physical damage character I really want who would love Benny's ATK buff and I won't be able to use him in that team. But that's a problem for future Harrow to deal with.
By the time they decide to make a physical damage character who relies on a reaction other than Superconduct, they'll have figured out a way to disable constellations to solve the Bennett Problem.

I don't quite have enough wishes to force a rate-up on Nahida, but I'm at least pretty close, so this is probably going to happen to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only two physical attackers either don't use Bennet or use Bennet in a hosed up way because of how their kit works in the case of Razor.

Like, Eula's best teams absolutely don't use bennet.