Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

sedative posted:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1585330985255985153

Is Kieffer Bellows bad? I remember hoping the Flyers would draft him in 2016 and now they can have him for free.

he's the best
he's a loving superstar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

there are loving muni rinks built 40 years ago that are better than that poo poo they're doing for Phoenix oh my loving god

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You gotta admire Arizona's dedication to Kraft Hockeyville though.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao just legitimately embarrassing stuff, what the gently caress

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

jesus christ

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Good soup! posted:

lmao just legitimately embarrassing stuff, what the gently caress

Isn't this where we're setting up for the IT conference for the CS dept?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/PHNX_Coyotes/status/1585304822281969664?t=0pQwdFpx7WJxOlvh3q4jOw&s=19

I just can't fathom why there are so many Coyotes fans being insufferably smug about this whole thing. "Oh you'd be defensive too if it was your team," was one response I saw and, uh, no, I'd be fuckin pissed and burying my face in my hands (more than I am now, to be clear) if the Flyers ended up in this situation.

:smug: HEH, they keep saying we are going to get relocated but looks like we are only being moved into a dorm room closet and ONLY for a few months until we get an even BIGGER room. Canadian teams, you mad yet? 😎🤣😂🤣😂

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

he's the best
he's a loving superstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MNA0_n32Hc

Mandatory

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Good soup! posted:

https://twitter.com/PHNX_Coyotes/status/1585304822281969664?t=0pQwdFpx7WJxOlvh3q4jOw&s=19

I just can't fathom why there are so many Coyotes fans being insufferably smug about this whole thing. "Oh you'd be defensive too if it was your team," was one response I saw and, uh, no, I'd be fuckin pissed and burying my face in my hands (more than I am now, to be clear) if the Flyers ended up in this situation.

:smug: HEH, they keep saying we are going to get relocated but looks like we are only being moved into a dorm room closet and ONLY for a few months until we get an even BIGGER room. Canadian teams, you mad yet? 😎🤣😂🤣😂

drat can't believe those rando people on Twitter are saying stupid poo poo.

Of course I'm pissed at the Coyotes for doing this. It's incredibly frustrating that the new owners bought the team in 2019 and started doing everything as combative as possible with their arena situation to try and get clearance to leave Arizona. It's also very annoying that every other fanbase does get to pretend that they're somehow better than Coyotes fans for not having an owner as lovely as them.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

sedative posted:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1585330985255985153

Is Kieffer Bellows bad? I remember hoping the Flyers would draft him in 2016 and now they can have him for free.

He can show flashes of brilliance, but he's never been a full-season NHL caliber player. Good if you need an extra winger to plug a hole in your lineup.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

That's worse than any Q facility I've seen not run by like Cape Breton

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DJExile posted:

there are loving muni rinks built 40 years ago that are better than that poo poo they're doing for Phoenix oh my loving god

I played a game at allstate arena many years ago, they set us up in a nearby conference room to get dressed because all the locker rooms were in use by the AHL teams. Not sure we could have used them even if they'd been empty, but whatever.

NHL players are getting ready for games in the same quality of facilities as me, a terrible beer league player, did. Even if it's temporary that's hilarious, the Coyotes are a joke.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pungry posted:

Of course I'm pissed at the Coyotes for doing this. It's incredibly frustrating that the new owners bought the team in 2019 and started doing everything as combative as possible with their arena situation to try and get clearance to leave Arizona. It's also very annoying that every other fanbase does get to pretend that they're somehow better than Coyotes fans for not having an owner as lovely as them.

The list of reasons NHL fans dunk on the coyotes is a whole fuckin lot longer than just ownership but yeah it's a big one

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pungry posted:

Not just Twitter, but ok

quote:

Pretend??

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

The coyotes are cool. Theyre like a scruffy independent billionaire's vanity project that does things its own cool down to earth way unlike the other more corporate billionaire vanity projects that have stuff like chairs and soap the players can wash their assholes off with

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

My dude the Coyotes are loving dead the moment Bettman leaves and off straight away to Houston

They can't even pay their suppliers. I'm sure people are pumped for 200 dollar tickets to get 8 dollar Sysco hotdogs

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I'm not defending any of what the Coyotes do. I get annoyed when people get mad at the fanbase for defending their team. They're fans. What do you expect?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I expect them to have enough self-respect to find another team to be fans of

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Pungry posted:

I'm not defending any of what the Coyotes do. I get annoyed when people get mad at the fanbase for defending their team. They're fans. What do you expect?

If Flyers fans can repeatedly call their own team dogshit garbage, then so can Coyotes fans.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

As a Habs fan yelling at the team until there's a leadership purge can help. Bergevin got away way too long with drafting Grit (shitheads) and we now are almost an expansion team. All you can do

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Pungry posted:

Im not a guy getting mad but. I think maybe gratitude probably is what they expect. Like you guys could say thank you to fans of other teams in an apologetic way, kind of acknowledging that its bad that people who cheer for normal teams have to keep having anything to do with the yotes? Maybe you could say like Hey guys. Sorry about everything. We really appreciate how crappy this all is. We're trying our best and we know that right now its not nearly enough. But we promise one day soon we will shoot the feral hog roaming around Tenuous Foothold in Large American Television Market Arena screaming

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bettman will defend the Coyotes to the death but let the Thrashers move in a second

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

What the gently caress is there to defend?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Gerblederp posted:

What the gently caress is there to defend?

The Kachina

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Isentropy posted:

As a Habs fan yelling at the team until there's a leadership purge can help. Bergevin got away way too long with drafting Grit (shitheads) and we now are almost an expansion team. All you can do

The sad thing is that the Coyotes fanbase did yell at the leadership and it resulted in this absolute shitshow. Back when they were in Glendale, there were constant town hall meetings where fans would go and yell at the leadership like below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UfOfAvNVJU

Really, since the new owners turned out to be absolutely awful the only remaining ray of hope Coyotes fans have is that Doug Armstrong built the Blues' cup winning team and seems like he's made all the right moves since. Everything else has just been depressing as hell. Especially the John Chayka poo poo like drafting Mitchell Miller.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's fine and also easy to acknowledge bad things teams do like employing rapists or having a dressing room that's a guy named Jeff holding up a towel and asking "You done yet?" every 17 seconds. Even when you like them.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Pungry posted:

The sad thing is that the Coyotes fanbase did yell at the leadership and it resulted in this absolute shitshow. Back when they were in Glendale, there were constant town hall meetings where fans would go and yell at the leadership like below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UfOfAvNVJU

Really, since the new owners turned out to be absolutely awful the only remaining ray of hope Coyotes fans have is that Doug Armstrong built the Blues' cup winning team and seems like he's made all the right moves since. Everything else has just been depressing as hell. Especially the John Chayka poo poo like drafting Mitchell Miller.

Well you're thinking of current GM of the cup winning Blues DOUG Armstrong.

Current Coyotes GM is BILL Armstrong (who worked for the blues in scouting and also is an rear end in a top hat according to that front office thing the Athletic put out plus the Rick Westhead piece about the scout who'd been sexually abused and was cut by the Blues when his story came out)

Also, wasn't Chayka gone when they drafted Miller and Armstrong was hired but not allowed to be part of the draft?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

I expect them to have enough self-respect to find another team to be fans of

so after finding out about your hockey team's history of covering up rape and sexual assault, you had enough self respect to bail on the Penguins right.........?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Do they even have showers or a proper bathroom available? Even the youth locker rooms at most of the small rinks here have a toilet and shower. Or at least one nearby. Ironically, the Kraken rink is brand new and they didn't put in a lot of the basics. Like water fountains close to locker rooms or the ice. Or having showers/toilets connected to all the locker rooms.

I know they have them for the team arena, but they did a lovely job with a lot of the architectural details that go into a rink too. Like having wide enough doors so that you can get a bag through them. They do however have a normal locker room at the arena which is probably why beer is $16. Showers are expensive I guess.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 26, 2022

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you make everyone piss into a Britta filter your shower problem is also handled.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

If you make everyone piss into a Britta filter your shower problem is also handled.

And your drinking water problem if you're desperate.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Well you're thinking of current GM of the cup winning Blues DOUG Armstrong.

Current Coyotes GM is BILL Armstrong (who worked for the blues in scouting and also is an rear end in a top hat according to that front office thing the Athletic put out plus the Rick Westhead piece about the scout who'd been sexually abused and was cut by the Blues when his story came out)

Also, wasn't Chayka gone when they drafted Miller and Armstrong was hired but not allowed to be part of the draft?

Bill was the assistant GM for the Blues but yeah Chayka was gone and the draft was left to the scouts left over since Armstrong could not participate. Those scouts were mainly from the London Knights previously which had some baggage apparently and Bill is the one that fired them.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

If Flyers fans can repeatedly call their own team dogshit garbage, then so can Coyotes fans.

To be fair, unlike the Flyers practice facility, that Coyote "dressing room" probably has enough ventilation to not be a literal employee killing death trap. https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/flyers-jim-mccrossin-sal-raffa-suing-ownership-over-cancer-diagnoses-sources

pseudodragon fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 26, 2022

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Aye Doc posted:

so after finding out about your hockey team's history of covering up rape and sexual assault, you had enough self respect to bail on the Penguins right.........?

I'm not proud of it but that would require us to stop being hockey fans altogether and none of us has that much self control :sigh:

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Those black curtains are pretty classy, throw a nice carpet down and it's at least as good as the saddledome... probably less mildewy as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm not proud of it but that would require us to stop being hockey fans altogether and none of us has that much self control :sigh:

The Kraken haven't yet covered up any abuse.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Aphrodite posted:

It's fine and also easy to acknowledge bad things teams do like employing rapists or having a dressing room that's a guy named Jeff holding up a towel and asking "You done yet?" every 17 seconds. Even when you like them.

Good point. I'll prepend every post I have from now on apologizing for everything my favorite hockey teams have done that was wrong.

And yeah I did get the names and timelines wrong about the Coyotes' drafting. In my defense, I didn't want to think about any of it as it was just really loving sad.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

The Kraken haven't yet covered up any abuse.

And tomorrow's game will be televised so no worries on that front. :getin:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

he's the best
he's a loving superstar

lmao

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Bettman will defend the Coyotes to the death but let the Thrashers move in a second

RIP. $10 tickets in the upper bowl, your pick of seats in the lower bowl. great place to see a game as an away team.

in more optimistic news, I was looking at the possible USA team for next year's World Cup and it looks great. I came up with:

F: Gaudreau-Matthews-Kane
Connor-Eichel-Guentzel
Tkachuk-J. Hughes-Tkachuk
Kreider-Miller-Robertson

extra/other candidates: Debrincat, Larkin, Pavelski, Thompson, Zegras, Norris(RIP)

D: Slavvin-McAvoy
Hanifin-Fox
Q. Hughes-Carlson

extra/other candidates: Faulk, Krug, Tony D, Seth Jones, McDonagh, Trouba

G: Hellebuyck
Demko
Oettinger

Canada's forwards are better, but I think the US D and definitely goalies are better. I might make a thread for this, because I was looking at Canada's goalies and I may be missing someone but who the gently caress is going to play net for them? Jarry/Binnington/Fleury/Kuemper/Talbot? Logan Thompson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Canada's forwards are better, but I think the US D and definitely goalies are better. I might make a thread for this, because I was looking at Canada's goalies and I may be missing someone but who the gently caress is going to play net for them? Jarry/Binnington/Fleury/Kuemper/Talbot? Logan Thompson?

I think it'll be unquestionably Jarry and Kuemper as the main two, and then Maple Leafs legend James Reimer as the 3rd.