Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

The_Doctor posted:

Can you take a pic of the robot in the daytime like you did the tank?

Didn't even notice this myself until yesterday, but the head on that Metal Slug has a pair of little smokestacks that match the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/Vangelus/status/1585339123908636672

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

The_Doctor posted:

ᴴᵒˡᶦᵈᵃʸˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᶦⁿᵍ

Sneaky last post on the page there...

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Hangin out for that Studio Series Core Class Rumble (Blue) release

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Hasbro Pulse Premium stream is revealing Hazlab Deathsaurus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-tJqD8UECc&t=6435s

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
"A huge dragon-griffon-chicken monster thing!"

Bless, Thew looks well chuffed. Oh hey, London gets first look at it.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
9000% in for that

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Quick, someone make me care about that guy! I have no feelings whatsoever.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Joe Fisto posted:

The manga version of him is a family man, with a wife and an adopted son who antagonizes Star Saber's son

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Joe Fisto posted:

He's an enormous purple dragon and he leads a bunch of soldiers whose name is very close to Titty Squad and he tools around the galaxy being an rear end in a top hat to Star Saber

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
He's a giant robot murderchicken with a honkin' big sword and Living Metal Destroying Gun who sits on a throne and has a bird that sits on his chest or turns into a bow. What more reason could you possibly need, Joe?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I think I’m sold.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Joe Fisto posted:

What if you combined megatron and soundwave into an even more awesome robot, made the little buddy robots turn into weapons and armor, and also gave him an alt-mode that's a giant winged kaiju robot

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Well that's an instant buy for me. I was just lamenting that we don't have any proper updates of the Breastforce after watching Chris McFeely's Basics episode on them. Plus, it'll go nice with the HasLab Victory Saber.

I really need to get back to the G1 anime series so I can see Victory, but Headmasters is such a boring slog. Maybe I'll just skip ahead.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Really regretting not getting Victory Saber now.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Open Marriage Night posted:

Really regretting not getting Victory Saber now.

I was so close to not pulling the trigger. I think the funding period was nearly over before I finally decided. This one I'll jump into right away.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Darn it, why don't they do this HasLab poo poo around tax return time.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Joe Fisto posted:

He's from a Transformers anime!!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

his name is loving Deathsaurus, what else do you need

edit: the only better names for a transformer would be like, Doom Ape or Extinction Giraffe or something

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't think I'll ever sit through the animes, but I respect how Japanese Transformers just decided to keep making new characters with each incarnation for a while instead of circling around constantly to the same characters. That's how a lot of Japanese franchises work, keeping the central idea, but using an entirely new cast of characters. They took a while to come back to Megatron after Overlord, Deathsaurus, Gigatron, and Megastorm.

And it also means that later attempts to consolidate a bunch of things from a bunch of different continuities into one story in a big sloppy nostalgia thing like IDW could have an easier time tossing in unique anime characters than they could putting in like...Animated Prowl or Beast Wars Dinobot.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't think I'll ever sit through the animes

Here's a tldw that you *totally* asked for:

Headmasters - watch with the dub. It's entertaining because of how stupid and bad it is. Like even putting the notorious dub aside, it's Not A Good Show, so might as well go all in with dub.

Masterforce - I remember really enjoying this one. Watch the sub.

Victory - puts me to sleep, every time. I've made the attempts to watch the series, and each time I made it less and less further before I hit an episode that I couldn't stay awake through.

To be fair, we're talking probably 15 years ago I watched them. At least 10.

If anyone does give them a go - watch them on YouTube. The versions there are notably better quality than my official madman DVD releases.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The best thing about Headmasters is the opening song. We also used the lovely dub to watch it.

Masterforce is better but had a much worse song.

Victory rules cuz it has a good song, chars who aren't boring and doofy comedy dinosaur combiners. Also a guy named Pi-Po.

Yaaay Deathsaurus. Now we need a proper Liokaiser..

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Silhouette posted:

his name is loving Deathsaurus, what else do you need

edit: the only better names for a transformer would be like, Doom Ape or Extinction Giraffe or something

You mean like Killbison?

E: or Hellbat?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Just jump right into Masterforce it's loads of fun and it's got barely anything to do with Headmasters. What links are there come from secondary sources

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Having zero interest in animated stuff, the only reason I knew about guys like Overlord, Victory Saber and Deathsaurus was from a book I picked up about 20 years back and I was just amazed at seeing all these cool and ridiculous things that Japan got which I’d never heard of. I’ve had a soft spot for them both ever since.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the thumbnail for Thew's 250th review says a lot, and it's certainly unique.

but the video certainly runs the gamut of emotions, I highly recommend checking it out either on patreon or in a week when it goes live. he really gets in depth into why he finds it so appalling, but also what he likes about it, and definitely shows the uglier side of something like this extremely expensive contraption, with its constant flipping off of things, getting stuck ON ITSELF while moving its arms or turning and having to be manually reset by you, the inherent disdain for being played with, everything. great review, way more interesting than most of the other videos I've seen about it.

hopefully it doesn't burn any bridges with hasbro, having a sponsored video be so scorchingly negative.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Don't forget the time Deathsaurus caught a cold and had to sit out a fight

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The most important thing is they ARE going with Deathsaurus. No Deszaras compromise bullshit. :getin:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/autobase_aichi/status/1585968212034060289

I just find it amusing how so many optimus prime figures just make him look really good in all parts, but then get to the forearms and are just like "Uh, gently caress"

Even G1 Optimus had goofy forearms, not super bad ones, but they were a little off.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Good Listener posted:

The most important thing is they ARE going with Deathsaurus. No Deszaras compromise bullshit. :getin:

I'm sure dozens of people are upset at that.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Electrophotonic posted:

Don't forget the time Deathsaurus caught a cold and had to sit out a fight

Holy poo poo. Not just a cold but a summer cold! I love this guy!

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I'm happy for those who celebrate the deathsaurus. Victory deserves the love

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I don't know anything about Deathsaurus - he just looks bad rear end!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Captain Invictus posted:

the thumbnail for Thew's 250th review says a lot, and it's certainly unique.

but the video certainly runs the gamut of emotions, I highly recommend checking it out either on patreon or in a week when it goes live. he really gets in depth into why he finds it so appalling, but also what he likes about it, and definitely shows the uglier side of something like this extremely expensive contraption, with its constant flipping off of things, getting stuck ON ITSELF while moving its arms or turning and having to be manually reset by you, the inherent disdain for being played with, everything. great review, way more interesting than most of the other videos I've seen about it.

hopefully it doesn't burn any bridges with hasbro, having a sponsored video be so scorchingly negative.

drat, Thew really tore into it
Every other review I've seen has been so glowing and positive
And Thew's is just constantly yelling about its left hand being stuck and he's not afraid to show you

Theoretically, given that it's sponsored content, Hasbro had to sign off on the video, so
Good fuckin watch from a good fuckin lad.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Good Listener posted:

It helps that it's a haslab release, as i'm sure they would have had to go with Deszaras if it was gonna be put on retail shelves.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Sockser posted:

drat, Thew really tore into it
Every other review I've seen has been so glowing and positive
And Thew's is just constantly yelling about its left hand being stuck and he's not afraid to show you

Theoretically, given that it's sponsored content, Hasbro had to sign off on the video, so
Good fuckin watch from a good fuckin lad.

Honestly it looks like he got a lemon. Mine has none of the problems he mentions. It's still too expensive for what it is, but it works flawlessly, even a year later.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Found a new friend at Target today

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I have zero interest in Deathsaurus so I will not back this and let someone else get it instead.

You're welcome. Please enjoy it in good health.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

Found a new friend at Target today

Oh hello :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Phy posted:

You mean like Killbison?

E: or Hellbat?

This guy gets it