Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

If I ain't never played no nioh before, is it ok to start with 2?

Yes, absolutely. Nioh 2 is one of my personal GOATs, especially if you have friends to play it with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Story barely makes any sense anyway.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

this looks so loving good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL7Y0UNI2KA

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
My wife is a formerly huge Harry Potter fan who now feels conflicted about it due to the author's hard right descent into fascism but playing one of the old games for free might be fine with her to relive some of the memories

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

Story barely makes any sense anyway.

the story of nioh is that you kill a bunch of demons, then chill with famous historical samurai, then kill more demons, then fight some famous historical samurai, then kill more demons, repeat
the story of nioh 2 is the same but also you are the demons

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It's gonna be hard for me to not get it on launch, same for Dead Space remake and RE4make.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Augus posted:

yes, Nioh 2 is basically just a straight upgrade over Nioh 1 in every regard.
there are a few story references to the first game but this isn't a game you play for the story

Baggot posted:

Yes, absolutely. Nioh 2 is one of my personal GOATs, especially if you have friends to play it with.

Thanks guys. Didn't realize it was multiplayer, maybe I can get my brother to play!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus, those monster designs :stonk:

This is gonna kick rear end

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Thanks guys. Didn't realize it was multiplayer, maybe I can get my brother to play!

You can play the entire game fully co-op with up to two friends (three players total), or solo the game and summon your friends to help you Dark Souls style. It rules.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Callisto Protocol combat is sick, loving the integration of ranged and melee attacks. Rewarding melee stuns with free lock-on critical gun shots is cool.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

rumored ps+ for november: Nioh Collection, Lego Harry Potter, Heavenly Bodies

I prefer the lego lotr which we all know is lego on grass rather than Lego on terf.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Oscar Wild posted:

I prefer the lego lotr which we all know is lego on grass rather than Lego on terf.

:golfclap:

Imo the recent Lego Star Wars collection and the first Lego Marvel are the twin apexes of the series. LOTR was pretty decent though. Honestly the only things I do in these games is finish the races my wife can't do. She already beat the HP collection back before the terfening and similarly now has a conflicted relationship with the books she enjoyed as a teen. I doubt she'll want to play through the collection again but I'll grab it in case.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m gon’ buuuuust

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Wtf the medium seems like it owns (I forgot it was on ps plus so I’m downloading it now), but if this skill up review is accurate then it seems like I’ll enjoy it at least, like the only reason I played scorn was because I wanted to walk around a super cool looking interactive Zdzislaw Beksinski painting and i didn’t know that’s literally what The Medium is, there’s no combat or anything. The story sounds stupid but that’s fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PePXIKudBv8

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It sucks. Skill up has whack taste

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Every time someone has brought up The Medium in a “this game has the stupidest story ever” way it just makes it sound great.

What’s the gameplay actually like?

e: yo vop vop I just beat disco elysco

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It apparently has an extremely toxic and bad view on mental health. I've seen a lot of people talk about that when they mention The Medium and Bloober team in general.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Nobody mentioned the Midnight Suns game (already the coolest part of Marvel, with Blade and :drac: Morbius and :supaburn: Ghost Rider) was by Firaxis :xcom:

Snap preorder like a stupid idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRieHP1b7Gs

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 27, 2022

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Real hurthling! posted:

It sucks. Skill up has whack taste

He gave outer wilds goty the last three years so I trust him

Kilometers Davis posted:

Every time someone has brought up The Medium in a “this game has the stupidest story ever” way it just makes it sound great.

What’s the gameplay actually like?

e: yo vop vop I just beat disco elysco

hell yea, did you sleep on the island and talk to the thing?? Two of my favorite parts of the game, or basically just everything from the ruby interrogation, through the tribunal, and talking to the deserter etc. owns

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

imhotep posted:

hell yea, did you sleep on the island and talk to the thing?? Two of my favorite parts of the game, or basically just everything from the ruby interrogation, through the tribunal, and talking to the deserter etc. owns

Yeah @ all that! The phasmid was my absolute favorite part of the game :D

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

imhotep posted:

Wtf the medium seems like it owns (I forgot it was on ps plus so I’m downloading it now), but if this skill up review is accurate then it seems like I’ll enjoy it at least, like the only reason I played scorn was because I wanted to walk around a super cool looking interactive Zdzislaw Beksinski painting and i didn’t know that’s literally what The Medium is, there’s no combat or anything. The story sounds stupid but that’s fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PePXIKudBv8

this man also recommended outriders, do not trust him, he will lead you astray

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

imhotep posted:

He gave outer wilds goty the last three years so I trust him

Broken clock

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
His reviews tend to be nuanced enough that if you watch the review you can decide for yourself. Some games he recommends and then half the review is him talking about stuff he didn't like or bad aspect of the game.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Speaking of Outer Wilds, it's on sale so I grabbed it.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

withoutclass posted:

His reviews tend to be nuanced enough that if you watch the review you can decide for yourself. Some games he recommends and then half the review is him talking about stuff he didn't like or bad aspect of the game.

yeah exactly, and like i said i didn't realize the medium was basically a walking simulator or that the art was that cool, and he says that much at the beginning. stories in most games are pretty dumb anyways, but i understand that the medium's is exceptional in that it's also offensive.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Speaking of Outer Wilds, it's on sale so I grabbed it.

good choice, did u get the dlc too

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I did not get the dlc, but it's on sale too...

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

omg chael crash posted:

Call of Duty’s gun play with Fortnight’s aesthetic would be aces

Fortnite no-build is already aces

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m gon’ buuuuust

Bust Kilo'dd

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

the medium is pretty disgusting and terrible, don't play it

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1356295962524835840

Cowman fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 27, 2022

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I did not get the dlc, but it's on sale too...

You should, it's basically Outer Wilds 1.5. It's technically integrated into the main game, but it's the sort of thing you'll want to focus on without diverting back to the main story.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
beanpole did it basically perfectly, idk if it was intentional or not, but he didn't find the dlc area and im not sure if he even saw the hint on timber hearth before beating the game, it's very neatly implemented into the game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Augus posted:

this man also recommended outriders, do not trust him, he will lead you astray

it's me, the outriders liker

I probably wouldn't recommend it to someone but

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It was fun for 30 hours. I got my money’s worth.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Cowman posted:

the medium is pretty disgusting and terrible, don't play it

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1356295962524835840
Why do people keep deferring to this random Twitter user as if they are some kind of authority on good taste? Whether the game is good or not is one thing but the conclusions reached in that thread regarding Bloober's intentions are a huge stretch to say the least.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Volte posted:

Why do people keep deferring to this random Twitter user as if they are some kind of authority on good taste? Whether the game is good or not is one thing but the conclusions reached in that thread regarding Bloober's intentions are a huge stretch to say the least.

Because it's a comprehensive and well-articulated take that many people agree with, OP

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Volte posted:

I played the game and it sucks poo poo

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

incorporeal posted:

I don't doubt it sucks poo poo, but the "Bloober is a bunch of disgusting fucks and nobody should be giving them the time of day" narrative that has been ongoing and supported only by that one Twitter guy getting mad at his own interpretation is real weird.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Volte posted:

I don't doubt it sucks poo poo, but the "Bloober is a bunch of disgusting fucks and nobody should be giving them the time of day" narrative that has been ongoing and supported only by that one Twitter guy getting mad at his own interpretation is real weird.

it’s the correct interpretation

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

incorporeal posted:

I couldnt keep going after like 2 hours its linear as hell and the puzzles suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

I couldnt keep going after like 2 hours its linear as hell and the puzzles suck

A friend and I played through it together over the span of a few nights and it just became a thing we wanted to see how bad the story could get. Turns out real bad.