Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
thats close but this is it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctnUCg2Sdqk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Fool posted:

dq, get cheese curds instead of fries

this or A&W

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i dont get fast food very often but when i do its usually A&W

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
cheap burg: mcdouble
lazy burg: walk across the street to dq
fancy burg: triple o's bacon cheddar burger
gently caress my arteries burg: baconator

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
c yesterdays dinner s:

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
don't think i've had a big mac either. maaaaayyyybe once when i was a teen? I do grab the occasional double cheeseburger though; no fries, no coke.

sleep related story from pages ago:

buddy of mine is an ER doc; he has some people come in and say "I took an ambien and did a whole bunch of stuff I don't remember!" and he's like yeah no poo poo get out of my ER.

when my mom's dad was dying in the hospital decades ago the staff gave her some ambien to let her get some sleep since she was in his room for days. well turns out he died that same night so dad called and we went to see them in the hospital.

mom was obliterated at that point and was talking about how we would get him back home (a state away) to be buried. and she said "oh I know! In the trunk!" lol

so to this day I have a picture in my head of my 85 year old dead grandpa in the trunk of a honda accord going back to Illinois.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

don't think i've had a big mac either. maaaaayyyybe once when i was a teen? I do grab the occasional double cheeseburger though; no fries, no coke.

buddy of mine is an ER doc; he has some people come in and say "I took an ambien and did a whole bunch of stuff I don't remember!" and he's like yeah no poo poo get out of my ER.

when my mom's dad was dying in the hospital decades ago the staff gave her some ambien to let her get some sleep since she was in his room for days. well turns out he died that same night so dad called and we went to see them in the hospital.

mom was obliterated at that point and was talking about how we would get him back home (a state away) to be buried. and she said "oh I know! In the trunk!" lol

so to this day I have a picture in my head of my 85 year old dead grandpa in the trunk of a honda accord going back to Illinois.

i also read grapes of wrath

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

the one mcdonald’s here had big macs for 25 cents when the place had been open for 25 years. that was probably when i had my first big mac. like 20 years ago or something.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PokeJoe posted:

i have no interest in participating in the "justice" system

dont get in it, lol

Roosevelt posted:

how do you live to be 40 without trying a big mac

sup

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

if it ain't a qp w/cheese i don't wanna hear about it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its not a qp but

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1585475065142857729

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

that's from the wrong drat midterm election

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im gonna crack it open later

(ive smoked older, not scared at all)

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

as a daily ambien-er, lmao

ambien is weird and wild. i haven't had anything weird happen with it in years now (other than the occasional weird food binge :psyduck:), but i did have a kinda horrifying experience in college.

i decided to skip a party i was invited to, took my meds and went to bed. about an hour later (i do not remember this part at all), i got out of bed, got dressed, put more ambien in my pocket, and walked waaaay across town to that party. i did not drink, but i did zombily wander into circles of people i had never met before, and then just like, stand there and not talk. it was very weird and i'm so sorry to everyone that was there. i walked back home safely somehow. thankfully i graduated not long after that and never had to see those people again!

i stopped taking it for a long while after that!

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

bump_fn posted:

c yesterdays dinner s:

i live up the hill from the biggest koreatown in tokyo and i used to love going down to the grilled pork belly places, but these days it fucks up my digestion p bad.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Dale Gribble posted:

put more ambien in my pocket,

POCKET AMBIEN!

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Jonny 290 posted:

POCKET AMBIEN!

I’ve got 1 ambien in my pocket
And the other one caused me to sleepwalk here.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

i'm broke but i'm hungry
i'm poor but i'm high
i'm sleepwalking out eyes wide
i'm eating a whole pie
i'm zooted and i'm overwhelmed
i'm texting all my exes babyy

what it all comes down to
is that everything is gonna be blank blank blank
cause i got three ambiens in my pocket
and another three are revving up the tank

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

written about ambs with ambs. can't wait to wake up and see how badly it came out

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Gnossiennes posted:

written about ambs with ambs. can't wait to wake up and see how badly it came out

I give it an A

(for zolpiden)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

I never really understood why things were the way they were in BGC

it looked so good though

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Gnossiennes posted:

i'm broke but i'm hungry
i'm poor but i'm high
i'm sleepwalking out eyes wide
i'm eating a whole pie
i'm zooted and i'm overwhelmed
i'm texting all my exes babyy

what it all comes down to
is that everything is gonna be blank blank blank
cause i got three ambiens in my pocket
and another three are revving up the tank

lol holy poo poo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cjs: i hate jira so much

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
lol @ ambienchat

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

cjs: i hate jira so much

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol @ ambienchat

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

praying to all the gods that i can just replace my car battery at lunch and it'll be back to normal :/

coworker boosted me in seconds and we went to his house to check on things. all the battery testers said, while fine, it's low and needs to be replaced. no biggie, eh? well, we go to start it again and now it's in a low power mode and i can't go more than 10km, so i pull out from his garage to the front of his place and there it sits waiting to be seen at lunch.

gently caress.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

KidDynamite posted:

i got pip'ed at my last gig. then every other ios dev on the team quit. i was taken off pip early. then i quit and gave a week notice after taking all my pto. manager that put me on pip told me i couldn't quit lmao.

:laffo:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

legit proud of you

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

praying to all the gods that i can just replace my car battery at lunch and it'll be back to normal :/

coworker boosted me in seconds and we went to his house to check on things. all the battery testers said, while fine, it's low and needs to be replaced. no biggie, eh? well, we go to start it again and now it's in a low power mode and i can't go more than 10km, so i pull out from his garage to the front of his place and there it sits waiting to be seen at lunch.

gently caress.

here's hoping it's your battery and not your alternator. it probably is the former but still.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cold on a Cob posted:

here's hoping it's your battery and not your alternator. it probably is the former but still.

we think that'll be okay *fingers crossed* when the engine was on it was in the green on his little meter

its so weird, i got to work without issue. he boosted me in a second and i drove the 15 minutes to his house. but after that the battery was like, nah, im out.

thankfully it's a costco battery and it was just approaching the 4 year mark in a couple weeks - he said if i take it back they might give me some money back (he's a costco wiz)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol i wonder if costco's return policy extends to car batteries. i've only got tires there before but its worth a shot

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

lol i wonder if costco's return policy extends to car batteries. i've only got tires there before but its worth a shot

it has a three year warranty and I’ve taken at least one bad battery back to Costco for a new one two years later

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it has a three year warranty and I’ve taken at least one bad battery back to Costco for a new one two years later

hey there it is, lol. worth a shot!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i think this was 48 months , at least the replacement was and the sticker showed my current one with the date of nov 2018

the "slow mode" reminded me last time this happened on my 5 year old battery and my car was freaking out - screens flickering, ABS made it power down, and the before mentioned slow mode (gas pedal didnt work). battery replacement worked back then.

if i can get at least another 2 or 3 years out of this ill be happy - i want to get a honda crv hybrid next. production just started so hopefully by then it's a bit easier. my SIL is getting a carolla hybrid and it's a 16 month wait

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2vjtqqnBlE

yr city's a sucker

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: why does everything keep breaking for the love of god just hire a dev ops peep to fix all this poo poo

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs manager turnover again

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i had my first big mac at 34 when tori issued the big mac challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

id never have a big mac if i felt like having a burger, but sometimes i feel like having a big mac.

there's some weird psychology to it, as having had a very similar big mac in quite a few countries i kind of associate the taste with global human efforts.