Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
The second dumbest thing about that storyline was that NSM seriously thought it would work.

The dumbest thing about it by far was that it actually did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Much like Squirrel Girl has the unwritten secondary power of being undefeatable, NSM has the additional power of being so dumb, other people start following his "logic" unquestioningly.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I was not ready for "also it doesn't Really work, just turns him off and on again a bunch, which gives him a heart attack. The end." :stare:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

MorningMoon posted:

"also it doesn't Really work, just turns him off and on again a bunch, which gives him a heart attack. The end."

No moral.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"You cops take care of the dead body, I'm out--SEE YA!"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Holy poo poo, he really did just gently caress off and go home

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I can't even try to get mad at how dumb the cops are. I can't internalize them being that stupid. They clearly heard everything, understand the whole situation, heard MJ call out Peter's name, and simply decided it's easier to let a homeless man die than deal with anything.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Sockser posted:

Holy poo poo, he really did just gently caress off and go home

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

MorningMoon posted:

I can't even try to get mad at how dumb the cops are. I can't internalize them being that stupid. They clearly heard everything, understand the whole situation, heard MJ call out Peter's name, and simply decided it's easier to let a homeless man die than deal with anything.

Possibly the most accurate portrayal of NYC police in media.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Spider-Man, your cover story is "I broke into the building and rescued Parker."

That's what Kingpin and his goons believe. The police at least saw you carry someone. What do you lose by telling Carole "I rescued him and got him somewhere safe."

Perhaps it's an issue that your street clothes are full of webs and probably will be for another half hour or more, so you can't show up immediately?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wait Kingpin ran into a Wall and that was the end of the fight?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Can't have THOSE people around here, it affects the property values."

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Yeah, didn't you know? Kingpin is a real creampuff, real glass jaw on that dude.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spider-Man is so incredibly bad at his job :lol:

The cops are gonna continue kicking homeless people out of the park (well they were anyway) and searching for the werewolf because as far as they know it's still out there.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It literally just happened, Pete.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
MJ has an attention span as short as Peter's. Wagner told you how he became a werewolf!

Well okay, I guess only we the audience saw the flashback, but still. It doesn't take a brain genius to realize him saying "I found out they were real when I went to Romania, and now I become a werewolf" means "I was attacked by a werewolf."

Then again, this is the NSM universe, I suppose it does take a brain genius.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ this werewolf story is incredible just for the level of :effort: from Spidey over the whole thing.

HOW IS HE FINISHED, PETER!?!? HOW IS HE FINISHED!?!?!?! :byodood:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, luke did partially resist an order due to his willpower. that would never happen with peter, and he does technically have super powers too.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm picturing some guy hearing some noise and going out into an alley to check it out and there's Spider-Man rooting through his garbage.

"drat Spider-Mans get out of here! Shoo! Shoo!" and Spider-Man skitters away.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God I just remembered what MJ's secret anti-Kilgrave plan is :sickos:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It really is true that contact with Newspaper Spider-Man makes you dumber.

So dozens of pictures of a naked old man. Great.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Peter, MJ, that man died!

He contracted a horrible curse, desperately tried to stop himself, and then Spider-Man killed him doing some dumbass bullshit involving a planetarium.

I'm not asking you to pay for the funeral or track down his next of kin or whatever, but the least you can do is not drool over the new TV you're going to get after you sell the photo of his cursed, twisted form.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

It really is true that contact with Newspaper Spider-Man makes you dumber.

So dozens of pictures of a naked old man. Great.

Peter, you never know. Go see Jonah. Show him the pix.

JJJ: Haw! Not bad, Parker! Robbie, put this on the front page! Put one of those little starbursts over his balls!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yeah you'd think "SPIDER-MAN BESTED BY NAKED OLD MAN" would be something JJJ would love.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
jjj loves to accuse spiderman of murder, and this time it is even true.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This storyline really is utterly spectacular.

• Spider-Man's initial plan was to hope to cage the werewolf in the zoo, hoping the bars would be strong enough to contain it.... the first appearance of the werewolf was it literally ripping open the bars at a zoo to hug a bear.
  • He came up with this plan because the werewolf was too strong and tore apart his webs.
  • His next plan was to find the werewolf and tie it up with his webs that it was strong enough to tear apart.
  • He forgot to bring his webs for this plan.
  • MJ realized he forgot his webs so brought them to the park for him.... she lost his webs on the way.
  • The old man tells MJ how he became a werewolf, MJ doesn't bother to actually listen.
  • Spider-Man has a new plan, one so spectacularly stupid only a man with the disproportionate brain the size of a spider could come up with it.
  • The plan worked!?!?!
  • Spider-Man doesn't bother to tell the cops the werewolf and the dead old man were the same person and just fucks off and goes home. As far as the cops know, there is still a werewolf out there, and Spidey killed an old naked man.
  • Spidey plans to profit from accidental photos he took of the werewolf which was actually a desperate old man whose anguished life was nothing but a misery.
  • Whoops, turns out it was a Magical Realism Camera and only took photos of a nude old man instead!
  • The end, no moral!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 31, 2022

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

:yeshaha:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:eyepop: :vince: :five:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
:lol:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
"You see, sometimes Spider-Man doesn't want to follow supervillains all over New York, so some of his spider-tracers are set up to lead his enemies to him."

"Wouldn't that mean they show up at inconvenient times, and figure out his secret identity?"

"It might, but almost all of his enemies are as lazy as he is."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in theory spider tracers are supposed to be devices that he can detect with his spider sense. but well, this is nsm. a gadget whose sole purpose is to ensure his wife can come pick him up when he gets lost is more useful.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

But Plan B sounds so liberating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Meanwhile the police continue to pour hundreds of thousands of dollars into increased patrols, crackdowns on civil liberties*, massive overtime bills etc continuing the search for the werewolf they have no reason to think isn't still out there.

* They'd actually do this one on their base salary.

:vince:

The © notice is the icing on the cake!