Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Dragonstoned posted:

You have to sign a NDA to go to his school which is a bummer because I want to hear about how bat poo poo crazy it is there

I am positively sure we will hear anyway, god bless the era of the leak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022

Dragonstoned posted:

You have to sign a NDA to go to his school which is a bummer because I want to hear about how bat poo poo crazy it is there

Cannot wait for the anonymous interviews when they are old enough to articulate the hosed upness of that school from bottom up. NDAs be damned!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yebuchednezzar

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Brother Tadger posted:

Ignoring their popularity and matters of taste, are the yeezy’s actually “good” shoes? Like, good support, good airflow, durable, etc.? They look like poo poo imo and like they’d rip in half after a month of wear, but they are so expensive that I feel like maybe I’m missing something besides “they are cool”

https://youtu.be/nDo9p1qbZx8

Support? Maybe.

Durable? Hard no.

Airflow? Probably.

There's also the suggestion in the video that they're going to stink real bad really fast.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what kind of parent would even entertain trying out Ye's school?

like are they just other dumb rich people that go "lol I can buy HS and college entry later."

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 27, 2022

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

PhazonLink posted:

like are they just other dumb rich people that go "lol I can buy HS and college entry later."

remember how many people went absolutely bonkers for r kelly right up to and well beyond the trial

e. and by this I mean I'd be willing to admit they were 100% into whatever the gently caress it was he was doing, if it wasn't just for the grift's sake

e. VVVV good point about the prestige element, lol that's aged nicely

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 27, 2022

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

PhazonLink posted:

i'd assume you do it for the connections with other rich families who woudl buy their kid a spot in kanyes school, which can be more valuable than a high school/college diploma combined if you make nice with the right people

or youre really in the tank for kanye and you dont care if your kid is or not

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1585493800536969218?s=46&t=XWe1ogrWcoOCg4zNIBU3ew

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
"Now let's get serious"

lol this guy

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Clout chasers

Punching air

Twisting like a stir fry

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Worf posted:

why cant it be both in your limited rear end mind

why are you lukewarm on "not punish children for kanyes antisemitism"

is this real?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Wendigee posted:

is this real?

What did they say that is wrong? It's all awful from top to bottom it's not an either/or thing.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Nine vast and trunkless platinum records
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Oz'Yemandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Words, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The long arms of the Jews stretch far away.”

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/DashDobrofsky/status/1585060571476811777?s=20&t=lxn5yCy-h0dXuzgpqcQHHw

very cool, thanks kanye

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
re: donda academy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcAJoCwA6p8

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Wendigee posted:

is this real?

You realize that person went on and wrote a fantasy about those kids parents about how they're all right wingers and how these children deserve to be taught a lesson because of their parents? (But, also, because of Kanye, so, realistically they just wanted the kids punished and reasons be damned)

And you think that my stance is fake? Are you loving stupid?

That was a rhetorical question by the way, the second one

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I guess I hate to stereotype but black teenagers that play basketball/ some of which are blue chip recruits, do not strike me as the prototypical mold for right wingers

Most of the greatest role models they'd have in the sport are notedly invested in social justice and the NBA, all things being relative, is by far the most socially aware pro sports league for men

The tournament they got banned from could have helped their futures and development, and assisted with getting into college.

It seems incredibly easy for me to understand that allowing the literal children to continue and play with their peers instead of lashing out angrily and punishing them would be better than allowing Kanye to gently caress more ppl over. Ban the school next year or something to give the kids time to adjust instead of potentially impacting their futures (because somebody needs to teach those minorities a lesson in why minorities shouldn't be treated bad)

Also donda academy is a joke. NDA or not, If you actually look at the players and the way they interact with the media and answer questions about it, one of them flat out said it didn't prepare people for college and the school would just let you do whatever you wanted lol.

That would have been a reason to be taken out of the tournament and it may have even benefited some people, but it's pretty telling that instead of holding a school accountable for academics they'd rather hold children accountable for the words of somebody they have no control over and would have no reasonable expectation to

E: tldr, I look at the kids and I can not bring myself to feel any negativity towards them. I'm curious how my family feels about it. We're largely comprised of Jewish immigrants and I'm picturing my grandmother feeling sad over the kids being caught in this.

Honestly feels like a bunch of gentile referees tossing out a bad makeup call to me.

Worf fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Oct 27, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Pls do not misquote me

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

is there a jason lee besides the actor who played earl on my name is earl

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

No joke, that actor was also a pro athlete lol

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

STABASS posted:

It’s even funnier if he means Jason Scott Lee for some reason

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sigh

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yaldabaoth posted:

I asked myself if I would still be OK with the decision if the kids were from a good school that wasn't a recruiting ground for the Kanye cult and no, I would not be OK with it. So basically, I don't think we should say punishing the kids is good just because they come from a lovely school.

The thing is it's not just a lovely school, the fact that it's unaccredited means there's not even the minimum of basic protections from the owner using it to push batshit insane opinions, and that's something their families were aware of when they chose to go there, so when the owner does go batshit insane, the school may be cut off by reputable institutions. If it was accredited as a proper school they might stay connected because that provides a (hypothetical) barrier between the worst impulses of the owner and the curriculum.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

FirstnameLastname posted:

I'm honestly surprised no streaming networks have started pulling him at this point, he must've had a rock solid "even if something toootally crazy happen, even if say, i get really into Hitler, and tell hundreds of millions of people to attack and scream at a man, music stays up" clause w/ em

They want crazy they can control and feed lines. This is riding the tiger and hoping he doesn't bite you crazy. Which is especially dangerous because it looks like Kanye fixates on whoever he's dealing with in his life and blasts them publically.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Yeah but that's not why they made the action though

They did it to hold the kids accountable for what Kanye said not because of scholastic reasons

Those scholastic and accreditation reasons were there long before people decided to make an example out of unrelated children and pretending like that has a single thing to do with this is kind of a joke honestly

Don't even get me started on the number of Christian schools out there lmao

Since the tournament let them in unaccredited to begin with, there's no argument to be made for using the accreditation to remove them

Worf fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Oct 27, 2022

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

STABASS posted:

Jason Lee was his head of media and a partner in some business venture Kanye was involved in. He's soon to host his own talkshow "Hollywood Unlocked". He has a lot of douchbag energy about him.

I think he may have also have been the person to leak the pictures of Kanye and Candace Owens wearing white lives matter t-shirts.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Worf posted:

Yeah but that's not why they made the action though

They did it to hold the kids accountable for what Kanye said not because of scholastic reasons

Those scholastic and accreditation reasons were there long before people decided to make an example out of unrelated children and pretending like that has a single thing to do with this is kind of a joke honestly

Don't even get me started on the number of Christian schools out there lmao

Since the tournament let them in unaccredited to begin with, there's no argument to be made for using the accreditation to remove them

shut up

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Al-Saqr posted:

"Now let's get serious"

lol this guy

Sounds like Kanye is going to actually look up whether he has to move the "death con" number up or down.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Nah

You can definitely sit there and impotently be angry at me/life tho

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
Is there some way we can get Kanye into Halie Selassie?

I’d really enjoy that. I have been wondering why I’ve enjoyed Kanye’s fall from grace so much. Even though he has kids, even though he’s mentally ill.

He’s lived in reality TV so long that I just can’t see him as a real person.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Internet Old One posted:

Is there some way we can get Kanye into Halie Selassie?

Isn't this where Napoleon was exiled to?

Haven't they suffered enough?!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I thought he ended up on a place called elbe

Is that the same place but the name of the actual establishment

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Worf posted:

The lack of accreditation means there's nothing stopping a bad person who owns it to use it badly. When he didn't seem so off the wall that wasn't as much of a concern but now he's completely antisemitic the fact that there aren't enough barriers between him and the students means that's become more of a problem.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

He has always seemed exactly this off the wall

Accreditation was never a concern to begin with and making it a concern ex post facto at the expense of children is an overreaction in my opinion

As I said earlier, it seems like a lot of gentiles trying to do a makeup call from here.

I don't think there's really an argument to be made that removing these kids from this tournament is actually in their best interest, like I said I think effectively canceling the school for next season and giving the literal children time to sort out their lives in a healthy way is a much better way to do it

I acknowledge that there's room for other opinions, I think this is the way that creates the absolute most victims possible however

E: Also, accreditation being moot as far as a requirement for entry into the tournament to begin with, which it will probably continue to be not required going forward - I think a more elegant solution would have been to have the entire team basically throw on a red or a blue jersey with some numbers on it and no school name or anything.

I believe the Olympics effectively do a similar mechanism for similar situations instead of sanctioning people that are innocent

Without understanding how the tournament itself works, it seems like it's also screwing another team of completely even more unrelated people out of participating? I don't know how the arrange the games now that they are down a team or what the opponents will do without somebody to play against

Worf fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Oct 27, 2022

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

STABASS posted:

Lee is an extremely common name among both asians and white people so yeah I'm sure there's a bunch.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Lee is an extremely common name among both asians and white people so yeah I'm sure there's a bunch.

It's also very popular name among the dungarees

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I’m starting to think that Ye might not be qualified to run a school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Did not expect this

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1585592649347608576?s=20&t=KiNtHo-WdThqmbluSEKoNA