Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Frankston posted:

Replaying Outer Wilds, haven't got the DLC but noticed it's on sale. How does it work? Is it a separate thing entirely, does it happen after the end of the main game, can I do it partway through a normal playthrough? Will I have to start a new playthrough after I've downloaded it or will it appear in my current save?

It's a separate thing that you can just go to any time. Find the little radio tower on Timber Hearth and use the clues inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Do more coke, i did 756 in one year rookie! Drop and put a vhs in

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Frankston posted:

Replaying Outer Wilds, haven't got the DLC but noticed it's on sale. How does it work? Is it a separate thing entirely, does it happen after the end of the main game, can I do it partway through a normal playthrough? Will I have to start a new playthrough after I've downloaded it or will it appear in my current save?

The DLC is mixed in with the main game, but it's pretty much self-contained in a new location. It'll appear in your current save. You can do it at any time (or stop doing it and go explore elsewhere, if you prefer), but for the best experience you should do it once you're near the end of the main plot.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kazzah posted:

How the gently caress do you game

in bed on my deck :cheers:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

oh yeah Barbarian was tight

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Nuts and Gum posted:

You just unlocked some weird rear end memories; I forgot die hard was ever a video game :monocle:

You should check out Die Hard for the NES. It’s bizarrely ambitious for when it came out, a top down action type game but all the levels and enemies are persistent, so you eventually run out of terrorists to blast and nothing respawns.

Also there’s a cutscene of 8 bit Bruce Willis yanking glass out of his feet which is surprisingly gnarly!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Loving Plague Tale Requiem so far but I think I'm gonna pause on it and wait for another patch, there's def some hitching going on. Took me a bit to figure out the stuff on the HUD I wanted enabled, there's so many ways to customize the look of things, but it's nice to have options. I also tried out the english voice acting for a few minutes and very quickly turned it back, the french just feels right to me. My favorite new thing so far is the way crafting items can be newly mixed on the fly in much more versatile combinations, just seems a whole lot more elegant than what the first game had. Music and art are top notch, haptics are normal, some of the animations are rough and if they can iron out some of the hitching soon that would be rad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not touching it again until they fix instantly dying on reloading your checkpoint causing you to lose hours of progress.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Lol

https://twitter.com/DoesItPlay1/status/1585322771365568513?t=yo1jId5yWlTqlBUcJu_Uxg&s=19

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I was gonna make a joke about putting it on a floppy disk, but it would still take like 30 of them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kraken compression is wild

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wanna know how much of that 70mb is just the metadata to display in the console menus and image/audio files to do the icon/background splash stuff.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Your attention please. I would like to take a moment and post that tactics ogre reborn will be releasing fairly soon. Thank you, that is all

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Frankston posted:

Yeah the DLC is really best played post-game with a mostly completed ship log. It's mostly independent of the main game, with a few references to things you discover and it ties into the ending and the general themes of the game. It's good. And it's really well implemented into the game, I doubt someone would find it by chance.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

My boy is back on his poo poo!!! :getin: :sickos:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1585308025912426496?t=0tL_arzwAeUh0bb0GsQmvw&s=19

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kojima Studio & Bloober Team proudly present: The Medium 2

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

He's remaking the medium

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Your attention please. I would like to take a moment and post that tactics ogre reborn will be releasing fairly soon. Thank you, that is all

A handsome post. :hai:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still not sure I'm going to pay £45 for a suped up SNES game I already own twice...

E: oh £38 online *preorders*

Well it's after pay day.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 27, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'm really excited to play it. God drat this year rules.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sakurazuka posted:

Still not sure I'm going to pay £45 for a suped up SNES game I already own twice...

E: oh £38 online *preorders*

Well it's after pay day.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm really excited to play it. God drat this year rules.

It's the first game I've preordered since FF15 if we forget Elden Ring happened this year

How could we forget Elden Ring happened this year

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Yeah, it's wild, that poo poo was a fever dream. Haven't had Pure Gaming Concentrate in such high doses like that in forever.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

whenever i think of Die Hard: WAV I remember the tv edit of the film where Willis is standing on the corner wearing the sandwich board and the FOX network digitally edited it to say "I HATE EVERYBODY"

I also remember this, although it turns out that it's actually backwards. The "original" version, as in what was recorded natively and what was actually on the sign Bruce Willis wore, is the "I HATE EVERYBODY" version, and the...theatrical version is the digitally edited one. The scene was shot on location in Harlem, and apparently they couldn't guarantee Bruce Willis' safety otherwise.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
really what kind of an actor are you if you arent willing to put your own hide on the line for a role

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
wait no its bruce willis chances are he wanted to wear the other one hahahaha

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

Cuz yall finished it in March and I have only done stormveil

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I was actually thinking I should play elden ring when I get back from holiday but honestly I'll probably just play the GOAT dark souls 1 again:dance:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is the new REVillage DLC up on the store yet? I haven’t been able to see it. I know it’s out tomorrow but I’d like to preload it if poss.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

VideoGames posted:

Also I am getting the Klonoa duology for my Birthday next month :)

Speaking of this, how did this end up? I remember being a little put off by the change in art style but I'd love to re-play these if it ended not being a huge issue.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The main Klonoa fan itt loves it

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

My friend bought it by accident so I tried it and it seemed way too simple for my tastes but there's a lot of charm

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is the new REVillage DLC up on the store yet? I haven’t been able to see it. I know it’s out tomorrow but I’d like to preload it if poss.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-PPSA01556_00-GEDLC00000000001

You mean this? I bought it like a month or two ago.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RichterIX posted:

Speaking of this, how did this end up? I remember being a little put off by the change in art style but I'd love to re-play these if it ended not being a huge issue.

It owns, you do lose a little bit of personality from the lack of PS1 sprites in the first game but it made up for in uh well being able to be played on modern hardware lol.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

univbee posted:

I also remember this, although it turns out that it's actually backwards. The "original" version, as in what was recorded natively and what was actually on the sign Bruce Willis wore, is the "I HATE EVERYBODY" version, and the...theatrical version is the digitally edited one. The scene was shot on location in Harlem, and apparently they couldn't guarantee Bruce Willis' safety otherwise.

I can't find a reference for this now, but I remember reading that the sign he wore was blank and all versions were done in post-production

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

haveblue posted:

I can't find a reference for this now, but I remember reading that the sign he wore was blank and all versions were done in post-production

It’s both, he wore the “I hate everybody” sign for some shots and in others a blank sign covered in tracking markers was used so they could add the slurs in post.

Edit: at the bottom here you can see he’s wearing the I hate everybody sign in front of the camera as they film rather than the tracking one

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That’s it, thanks. I was pulling up Village on the PS app and not finding it in addons or the store.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s both, he wore the “I hate everybody” sign for some shots and in others a blank sign covered in tracking markers was used so they could add the slurs in post.

Edit: at the bottom here you can see he’s wearing the I hate everybody sign in front of the camera as they film rather than the tracking one

The camera dudes look like contemporary young men. I think I'm from the middle age where it looked bad to me then and bad now.

Can't wait for no show socks to be the new hotness again and I'm too old to pull it off.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Yeah, and if you like it check out their other movie The Wailing set in a tiny village in south Korea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43uAputjI4k

Man, Korean horror can be so weird sometimes. Currently watching this now, and it's got a great sense of creepy dread and horror but at the same time the police force of the town are like the three stooges and the main character is like someone torn out of a comedy who wakes up from nightmares flailing like a baby that's throwing a tantrum (maybe this changes further in, I'm about 45 min through)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Kazzah posted:

I was gonna make a joke about putting it on a floppy disk, but it would still take like 30 of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Had one of those, they were the future lol