Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

mikemil828 posted:

Only the power of your wishes can save her from this terrible fate.

It's a good trailer, but perhaps slightly manipulative to a degree as it comes mere days before her banner and seems to be working the players burning loyalty towards Nahida along that angle.

Has there been a faction in the game as detestable as the sages yet though besides maybe the Tenryou and Kanjou Commisions under their former leadership? Even they seemed to have some decent members among them. They taxed the poo poo out of the common folk, betrayed their Archon in a sense (though Raiden locked herself in a cage of her own will while Nahida has never had a choice) and even let in a foreign faction to cause havoc and start a war with Watatsumi, which is pretty bad. The sages bully dancer girls for trying to organize a festival, hoard knowledge, trapped the entire capital in a recurring dream that they were even warned could lead to casualties after it went on far longer than expected (and legitimately did kill someone who was only saved through divine intervention), mistreated the populace again by allowing the outside faction to brainwash them, have a lovely racist policy towards the desert folk and just seem like all around miserable stuck up pricks. It's pretty close, like the only thing that doesn't put them outright ahead is they never started a war to enhance their personal position like the Tenryou Commission.. at least where I am in the story so far.

Kale fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Nyoro posted:

I caught up in the story and wow Sumeru has been shockingly good???

It always frustrates me how the only words / phrases English has to describe "tonal whiplash" are so implicitly negative, when I genuinely consider that kind of contrast, executed properly, a good thing. Genshin has it in spades; the extended Sumeru sidequest with the deku shrubs Aranara being a prime example.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Kale posted:

It's a good trailer, but perhaps slightly manipulative to a degree as it comes mere days before her banner and seems to be working the players burning loyalty towards Nahida along that angle.

It's the teaser. Teasers come out about a week before the character, this is known.

Making her birthday the same day though is pretty smart marketing.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
My last 5* banner pull was Cyno, and I am sat at soft pity trying to work out whether to wait 5 days or pull on Nilou or Albedo. Are either of them essential? I'm running Xingqiu for water, don't really use Geo much if I'm honest. Eeeee dunno, dunno. I am not a decisive woman.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Isomermaid posted:

My last 5* banner pull was Cyno, and I am sat at soft pity trying to work out whether to wait 5 days or pull on Nilou or Albedo. Are either of them essential? I'm running Xingqiu for water, don't really use Geo much if I'm honest. Eeeee dunno, dunno. I am not a decisive woman.

Neither are essential. Actually both are pretty niche.

If you dont use Geo then I wouldn't bother with Albedo since thats his best team. Though he does slot into most teams for some decent off field damage. But thats really if you dont already have a 4th wheel on that team.

Nilou is very niche. She wants hydro and dendro members for bloom teams. From what I've seen, those teams are very good. But if you dont plan on making Bloom teams then dont bother.

Of course, roll on either if you like their characters. No one is really essential. However, the dendro archon coming out next week is shaping to be real good. I'd probably roll on her like eeeeveryone else

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

YoshiOfYellow posted:

e: Oh hey it's a Nahida teaser. What a bright, charming, uplifting video. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWlWuVU4ZiI

Dude what the gently caress :smith:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Nyoro posted:

I caught up in the story and wow Sumeru has been shockingly good???
I don't know who decided our best friend in sumeru should be possessed katherine with a child's voice who does green magic. but they're a genius.

Kale
May 14, 2010

It sort of funny to see some reactions like "Genshin is getting darker" out there, when it's actually more like with each successive game by Mihoyo the tone has gotten less dark, grim and depressing, and Genshin is finding some balance again as by far their most family friendly game that has been in months of fairly light hearted material now dating back at least to 2.5 where we finally met Makoto in a sense and saw the almost ultimate doom of Inazuma. Honkai Gakuen in comparison has some material so dark and twisted as to serve almost no thematic purpose that Mihoyo almost seems to be understandably trying to pretend it never happened or disavow all knowledge of it like the infamous Herscherr of Sexual Desire manga story arc. I feel like I never really need to see any further material from Honkai Gakuen to be honest as it just seems twisted and miserable for the sheer sake of it, which is a trait that has turned me off of more than a few popular anime products. Genshin and Honkai 3rd for the most part seem to strike reasonable tones of ups and downs that always seem to serve some thematic purpose though and they've done a pretty good job in that sense with Sumeru and Nahida.

Nyoro posted:

god everything about Dehya is so hot I must have her

Every scene I've seen her in she's always doing, saying or posing in some way that can only be described as "cool". I feel like she'd fit right in to a Tekken game somehow.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 27, 2022

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

really i'm just waiting to see what they do with Khaenri'ah, the Abyss, and Celestia being more "colonial invaders from another dimension" than "benevolent deities", because every single time that comes up i'm like "yes i would like to join Team Rocket please" while the game seems more interested in equivocating between the two

like where's the Aether / Lumine side B route, because I want to play that game

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I mean in fairness what they're doing to Nahida is cosmic horror levels of torture. She's suspended in the air locked in a room and literally can't move for 500 years. Like wtf. The akasha is the only reason she's not completely insane.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

really i'm just waiting to see what they do with Khaenri'ah, the Abyss, and Celestia being more "colonial invaders from another dimension" than "benevolent deities", because every single time that comes up i'm like "yes i would like to join Team Rocket please" while the game seems more interested in equivocating between the two

like where's the Aether / Lumine side B route, because I want to play that game
Maybe that's what the mysterious Kaenri'ah chapter is supposed to be.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

it's funny how every Archon has to be more-or-less blameless in the unspeakably rotten system they work for since they have to at least be friendly and relatable enough to be playable characters

then again Tartaglia is playable and he gets a pass for being evil purely on account of being that cool so who knows

really looking forward to finding out what the Tsaritsa's deal is in 2032 or so

FractalSandwich posted:

Maybe that's what the mysterious Kaenri'ah chapter is supposed to be.

fingers crossed

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

raiden... blameless?

The archons have mostly been shown to be uncomfortable with the current state of affairs which is why they're constantly hiding or retiring or outright helping the tsaritsa collect the gnoses.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 27, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kale posted:

It sort of funny to see some reactions like "Genshin is getting darker" out there, when it's actually more like with each successive game by Mihoyo the tone has gotten less dark, grim and depressing, and Genshin is finding some balance again as by far their most family friendly game that has been in months of fairly light hearted material now dating back at least to 2.5 where we finally met Makoto in a sense and saw the almost ultimate doom of Inazuma. Honkai Gakuen in comparison has some material so dark and twisted as to serve almost no thematic purpose that Mihoyo almost seems to be understandably trying to pretend it never happened or disavow all knowledge of it like the infamous Herscherr of Sexual Desire manga story arc. I feel like I never really need to see any further material from Honkai Gakuen to be honest as it just seems twisted and miserable for the sheer sake of it, which is a trait that has turned me off of more than a few popular anime products. Genshin and Honkai 3rd for the most part seem to strike reasonable tones of ups and downs that always seem to serve some thematic purpose though and they've done a pretty good job in that sense with Sumeru and Nahida.

Maybe I'm ignorant for being out of the loop and assuming I'm the average player but I don't think everyone playing Genshin is keeping up with all of the other games and their stories. When people say Genshin's story is getting darker I think they mean compared to where it started with you freeing a dragon from its mind control spike and helping a city fight off a leviathan by dropping a floating office on it compared to being trapped in the effects of Gold Experience Requiem and watching your friend slowly die as the loops continue.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

No Wave posted:

raiden... blameless?

with respect to upholding the Heavenly Principles specifically. like obviously she hosed up in all kinds of other ways but that particular point isn't one of them (in fact IIRC her fear of the same thing happening to her people was her whole motivation for everything she did do wrong)

No Wave posted:

The archons have mostly been shown to be uncomfortable with the current state of affairs which is why they're constantly hiding or retiring or outright helping the tsaritsa collect the gnoses.

right, that's what i was trying to get at

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I've been working on a way to get an anemo character to apply more hydro in a hyperbloom team while also setting off hyperblooms. Most anemo characters have an infusion gimmick they can use to absorb an element. Absorb some hydro and you'll have a secondary source of hydro application, which would lead to more dendro cores being made.

In theory, this isn't hard to do. Swirl priority will pick hydro over electro, so just get to the point where enemies are electro-charged. The anemo burst will pick up hydro, then you can fire up some dendro and get the pain train rolling. In practice, you won't be able to keep that burst ready to go on an anemo character with a full EM build. Not on Sucrose, anyway.

So I did some experiments. I made a goofy team that used Barbara and Sayu, which was actually strong enough to clear abyss 12. Then I did some stuff with Candace and Kazuha, trying to use Kazuha's sick normal attack string to apply hydro. That was disappointing, the hydro application was barely enough to keep up with DMC, and Candace's burst in only 9 seconds long. Almost made Candace useful there.

Then I realized that Kazuha actually had two infusions he can use. His burst can infuse electro and set off hyperblooms. If you use Xinqui to apply a ton of hydro, Kazuha can grab that with his jump infusion, then come down for a landing and produce more dendro cores when he does.

Then I tried doing this with a thundering fury set on Kazuha.

https://i.imgur.com/ypdNvlR.mp4

It's pretty strong. You might notice that Kaz is taking a ton of damage, and some of that is because he swirls pyro off an enemy attack and sets off a bunch of burgeons. Just go ahead and ignore that. It's a proof of concept, and it gets results. The TF set he was wearing wasn't even fully upgraded.

While testing this team I found out there's an achievement for killing 4 dudes at once with hyperblooms.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it's funny how every Archon has to be more-or-less blameless in the unspeakably rotten system they work for since they have to at least be friendly and relatable enough to be playable characters

then again Tartaglia is playable and he gets a pass for being evil purely on account of being that cool so who knows

really looking forward to finding out what the Tsaritsa's deal is in 2032 or so
Just wait until Signora's vengeful ghost comes back as a playable character!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
It is amusing how each completed archon chapter makes Dain look more and more like your racist uncle. Like yeah, he's survived Nam and he's got anime thrombosis and all, but he still comes off as out-of-touch with every new mystery we unravel. Maybe the gods shouldn't be worshipped, but they're still, like, people and stuff.

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

raiden... blameless?

Not blameless, just kind of flawed and extremely stubborn and kind of forced into a role that she wasn't up for and subsequently screwed up by her own admission. I think 2.5 does a pretty good job of her at least realizing it too. Ironically though we're still feeling the effects of her poor governing in Scaramouche's arc since like everything in the last 500 years she kind of botched that one too. Next time we see her it'd be at least nice to get a formal apology for her part in things in Sumeru. I think 2.5 kind of salvaged her character for a lot of people though cause we avoid the lame total white wash it was sort of looking like after 2.1, and there's a strong realization that she betrayed the people's faith and loyalty in her and that things need to change in Inazuma and with her role as it's Archon. That one scene in the cave with the Doushin coming to defend her while she's having trouble controlling her the Shogun Puppet is probably the best scene she's ever had character wise honestly. Her story arc is a pretty classic "Defrosting the Ice Queen" one ultimately.

After 2.0 I had kind of figured that Raiden's story was going to be about her learning to love Inazuma and it's people again as much as it seemed to love her, it just took a really long time for it to come to that final resolution in 2.5. Since then we've only really seen her one time though which was to sidle Sara in 2.6 at the festival and make some goofy comment about liking the Shogun doll.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Do I need 2 artifact sets for Nahida one for aggravate with crit/dendro dmg/atk and one for bloom with EM/EM/EM?

Isn't bloom dependent on her application and who triggers the reaction because EM shouldn't help if she applies dendro first, right?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kale posted:

Not blameless, just kind of flawed and extremely stubborn and kind of forced into a role that she wasn't up for and subsequently screwed up by her own admission. I think 2.5 does a pretty good job of her at least realizing it too. Ironically though we're still feeling the effects of her poor governing in Scaramouche's arc since like everything in the last 500 years she kind of botched that one too. Next time we see her it'd be at least nice to get a formal apology for her part in things in Sumeru. I think 2.5 kind of salvaged her character for a lot of people though cause we avoid the lame total white wash it was sort of looking like after 2.1, and there's a strong realization that she betrayed the people's faith and loyalty in her and that things need to change in Inazuma and with her role as it's Archon. That one scene in the cave with the Doushin coming to defend her while she's having trouble controlling her the Shogun Puppet is probably the best scene she's ever had character wise honestly. Her story arc is a pretty classic "Defrosting the Ice Queen" one ultimately.
More like degaussing the lightning general, in this case.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sanctum posted:

Do I need 2 artifact sets for Nahida one for aggravate with crit/dendro dmg/atk and one for bloom with EM/EM/EM?

Isn't bloom dependent on her application and who triggers the reaction because EM shouldn't help if she applies dendro first, right?
Her passives make stacking 1000EM really good in any case. The two sets you'd ideally want for her are deepwood and gilded.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Stacking EM on her literally gives her damage and crit anyway, so while there may be a slightly more optimal build for maximizing her own personal damage, going full EM seems like a much safer bet that will perform at least pretty well in every role.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Genshin Impact Tree.2: Just Stack More EM

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
How in the world do you get to 1000 EM? My Shinobu has an EM sands and circlet, 2-piece Wanderer's Troupe, 2-piece Gilded Dreams, Iron Sting, and 94 more on her feather and flower, and that only brings her to 777. I'm missing a goblet, but that would still only be 964.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol EM artifacts

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Maxwell Adams posted:

In theory, this isn't hard to do. Swirl priority will pick hydro over electro, so just get to the point where enemies are electro-charged. The anemo burst will pick up hydro, then you can fire up some dendro and get the pain train rolling. In practice, you won't be able to keep that burst ready to go on an anemo character with a full EM build. Not on Sucrose, anyway.

If only someone hadn't recently posted a clip of Sucrose doing just that.

Tanreall posted:

Also send help DMC can't keep up. I'm bad at picking up the leaf.

https://i.imgur.com/m91G9T5.mp4

Edit: Fixed link because it doesn't show up for some.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 27, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Sanctum posted:

Bloom Nahida doesn't want to go all in on EM, since her stats won't be taken into account for hyperbloom/burgeon, and even in normal bloom it's not guaranteed she'll be the activator.

She's kinda tricky to build because she wants to hit 1k EM but still wants Dendro DMG and crit. Imo, any team she's on is going to be reaction-heavy, so someone else should already be building high EM and might as well be the one to max it out.

FractalSandwich posted:

How in the world do you get to 1000 EM? My Shinobu has an EM sands and circlet, 2-piece Wanderer's Troupe, 2-piece Gilded Dreams, Iron Sting, and 94 more on her feather and flower, and that only brings her to 777. I'm missing a goblet, but that would still only be 964.

4-piece gilded can give up to 150 EM. Otherwise, you can get a bit more EM from certain character abilities

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm looking forward to finding out what roped all the archons into the war given that they seem unhappy with their involvement.

I'm guessing either it was: 1. Celestia says we have to do this or they nuke Teyvat from orbit or 2. Sure, Celestia is evil, but it's actually protecting us from this even greater evil. I'm leaning more towards 2.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1YdNi0q9zQ&t=356s

Kind of what I'm picturing in my head for the ending to the Sumeru arc. Spoilers for Chrono Cross btw.

Stare-Out posted:

The amount of times I run into stuff I've missed that's completely out in the open messes with me. Like, it's starting to feel like they're adding new chests and puzzles into the game constantly with how often I stumble upon stuff that's not even hidden.

The worst thing is even though I just got 100% on all of Sumeru, I know 100% in this game doesn't mean that so there's still stuff I probably haven't found.

And most of it is almost definitely underground. :emo:

I think better quality chests have more weight in how it adds percentage to the area completion maybe.

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 27, 2022

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Also we're getting a severely nerfed Nahida after all the Beta work, just FYI.

Have you seen her teaser? The changes (nerfs) make perfect sense in that context.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

FractalSandwich posted:

Kazuha and Nahida have EM ascension bonus, Shinobu has HP%.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FractalSandwich posted:

Nahida and Kazuha get +115 from EM their ascension stat (and lisa gets +96!). Characters without EM ascension stats normally don't hit 1000 without super cracked artifacts and/or team buffs.

But:
4pc Gilded gives you an extra 70em over 2pc Wanderer 2pc Gilded.
Dendro resonance gives 50-100 as well, and it's relatively easy to maintain that 100 in a hyperbloom team (it relies on recently having triggered quicken plus hyperbloom). You probably won't get that if you use a nahida team since she has enough dendro to power it solo, but otoh she can give up to +250 EM to the on-field character.
Also do you mean 94 total between two artifacts? That's only about 2 substat rolls per piece, you can definitely get better EM rolls on a flower+feather there. Ideally somewhere in the 60-80 range per item. The maximum possible godroll EM substat is is 117 substat.

Plugging the stats in this calculator, with 4pc Gilded, dendro resonance, triple EM artifacts, and 60 EM substats on the feather/flower substats, Kuki can hit 1175 EM.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Actually it's super funny that Raiden's such a bad mom that both her kids became weekly bosses and her wife pulling her out of her room became an entire story arc lol

Love her trashfire disaster-ness

Sanctum posted:

Speaking of trashfire disaster, here's another one. There's so many cases that it's impossible to give a straight answer. Some rules of thumb: EM up to 1000 is great, then it becomes a much less good. Deepwood is a great all-rounder set, but gilded can be better if your pieces are stronger (or someone else holds deepwood). EM/EM/EM is a flexible all-rounder build, but it's a waste if the team has a high EM anemo, a high EM bloom trigger, a lot of EM share, or a high EM anemo bloom trigger with a lot of EM share.

Tldr If you hate artifact shuffle, a deepwood EM/Dendro/Crit with high EM substats is fine. You can replace the last 2 with EM pieces if your EM pieces are good.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Tanreall posted:

If only someone hadn't recently posted a clip of Sucrose doing just that.

What clip? It's not in your post history, and it's not in the past 7 pages.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Kale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1YdNi0q9zQ&t=356s

Kind of what I'm picturing in my head for the ending to the Sumeru arc. Spoilers for Chrono Cross btw.

I think better quality chests have more weight in how it adds percentage to the area completion maybe.

Let us hope it is not quite s convoluted as the steps to do the Chrono Cross ending.

Though we do have several Musical Instruments and multiple Elements Imbued attacks already....

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

MadHat posted:

Let us hope it is not quite s convoluted as the steps to do the Chrono Cross ending.

Though we do have several Musical Instruments and multiple Elements Imbued attacks already....

And then they make us do it every week for the weekly boss...

Kale
May 14, 2010

MadHat posted:

More like hopefully it's not as convoluted and difficult to comprehend as the plot of Chrono Cross

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Maxwell Adams posted:

What clip? It's not in your post history, and it's not in the past 7 pages.

I dunno why their videos don't load for me. I have to look at the quote and go to the link directly.

It is nice to see in action. I would've thought Fischl/XQ would burn through Dendro auras instantly, but I think quicken being refreshed often is a factor there.

How's the bloom generation versus single targets? I imagine it wouldn't be as potent there, but still tear through poo poo by virtue of being Fischl/XQ.

Gonna try seeing how EM Heizou fares in a similar setup, but with PA heals.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I assume sac fragments will be Nahida's 4* weapon of choice. Here's what I have so far:

EM/EM/EM

Crit/Dendro/ATK