Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
[sheathes my lgbt katana after eliminating u with just one strike]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic

crazy frog will be in fortnite with his lil wang and everything

Mummy Napkin
crazy frog has already had his own kart racer. about time he was in forty.

Ohtori Akio
i'm very excited for the day they put miho nishizumi in fortnite

Mummy Napkin
Crazy Frog thanked the bus driver.

Prof. Crocodile

Crazy Frog Forever has been stuck in development so long people have started calling it Crazy Frog Whenever!

Mummy Napkin
after putting a couple of more hours into slime rancher 2, I don’t think I can really recommend it in its current state unless you already have a game pad subscripsh. just not enough game there.

instead I’ve been toiling at some gamer ocd and trying to get a win in each no build mode it fortnite. got a few solo wins (prolly just bots) and got 2nd place in trios with randos twice last night.

Heather Papps

hello friend

vampire survivors is the game of the year

the sims 4 is free to play so i'm going to recreate my home and self i think

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Prof. Crocodile

I have successfully survived vampires for a few decades now, so tbqh I'm not that interested in a game about something I'm already super good at.

kalel

yeah call me when "relationship survivors" comes out

Heather Papps

hello friend

brb frantically coding a parody game called "responsibility survivor" where you dodge waves of old ladies needing help crossing the street, and new friends that just found you have a truck and wouldn't you know it are moving this week.

Emo Szyslak

Heather Papps posted:

vampire survivors is the game of the year

it rules

i'm stupid and bought gotham knights because i love batman. it's fine. wait for a sale. (if you're stupid too and have an xbox add Emo Szyslak)

Ohtori Akio
byob is a cape poo poo respecters' forum and it's good due to this

Emo Szyslak

Ohtori Akio posted:

byob is a cape poo poo respecters' forum and it's good due to this

shoot a cape straight into my veins!!!!

i highly recommend putting tim in a new outfit ASAP because his default looks terrible imo

Heather Papps

hello friend

i had a long rear end conversation with my brother about the medium of video games ability to be funny but everything i said is stupid and wrong games are funny as hell it's just harder to do scripted comedy than emergent giggles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UcT7EPGt8
i am not going to buy this game but videos of it have made me really crack up a bunch of times

e: this one loving destroyed me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFAs1yn1wQE

Mummy Napkin
more games need to be funny

more games need railguns and instagib modes

Non Krampus Mentis

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
someone came up with a 3d printable peripheral for trombone champ and I am seriously considering getting one made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4BJd21aPNE

Gruß vom Krampus

:love: thank u deep dish peat moss for the sig :love:

Heather Papps

hello friend

Mummy Napkin posted:

more games need to be funny

more games need railguns and instagib modes

too many games are deathly serious and the pendulum needs to swing back, i think. i am glad there are options for players tho', i guess - realistic taxi driver sim for one, crazy taxi for another, a visual novel about a taxi driver falling in love with a repeat customer for a whole different bracket

i've typed a million words about this but i think games need to be fun because if they aren't i don't even think they count as games

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

someone came up with a 3d printable peripheral for trombone champ and I am seriously considering getting one made

this loving rules so hard

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Now this is a game changer

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Non Krampus Mentis

Heather Papps posted:

i've typed a million words about this but i think games need to be fun because if they aren't i don't even think they count as games

:hmmyes:

also if a game contains a fun story and you have fun uncovering it with the mechanics the game gives you, it genuinely doesn’t matter if it’s a “walking simulator” or w/e. likewise if it’s a premise/mechanic that’s entertaining and a lot of effort went into it, also a perfectly fine game experience.

as someone who has always loved using the big spray hose in the three compartment sink in commercial kitchens, watching the rise of power wash simulator has made me incredibly happy.

Gruß vom Krampus

Heather Papps

hello friend

:hmmyes:

also if a game contains a fun story and you have fun uncovering it with the mechanics the game gives you, it genuinely doesn’t matter if it’s a “walking simulator” or w/e. likewise if it’s a premise/mechanic that’s entertaining and a lot of effort went into it, also a perfectly fine game experience.

as someone who has always loved using the big spray hose in the three compartment sink in commercial kitchens, watching the rise of power wash simulator has made me incredibly happy.

hell yeah.

i can't wait till the future, where decades of experience and history have produced video game historians much smarter than me who can say "oh this... and THAT!" and i can nod, sagely, in my assisted living facility pod. i really do think we are too in it to comment on it accurately. we can't see the demons for the raycasted effects, or something.

Mummy Napkin
there’s games for everybody now! and I feel like most people are more focused on what they already know they like.

I can tell you just from a brief glimpse of something browsing game pass if it’s going to be right up my alley, when a decade or so ago, who knows?

Non Krampus Mentis

also, it’s easier than ever to find and play older stuff that’s up your alley. there are adventure games I couldn’t get as a kid/adolescent that are like two bucks on GOG now! there are classic nintendo and snes games I never got the chance to play, for free, on switch! an absolute feast

Gruß vom Krampus

Finger Prince

I was going though my ps4 trophies and realized I was tantalizingly close to getting 100% of them in farcry primal, so I reinstalled it and finished them all off. drat that is such an excellent game.

Mummy Napkin
speaking of fun games, I’m hoping that gunfire reborn will be a lot of fun when it hits the XSex. getting a little burnt out getting stomped with randos on forknife.

The Maroon Hawk

also, it’s easier than ever to find and play older stuff that’s up your alley. there are adventure games I couldn’t get as a kid/adolescent that are like two bucks on GOG now! there are classic nintendo and snes games I never got the chance to play, for free, on switch! an absolute feast

hell yeah

I started playing A Link To The Past for the first time earlier this year and found it extremely up my alley, having already played most of the 3D Zeldas and getting to see where it all came from kicked rear end

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

for some unknown reason, i decided to try a bunch of free-to-play online multiplayer games this past month. verdicts below :

Overwatch 2 : it's Overwatch, but dumber and worse, avoid
Phantasy Star Online 2 : New Origins : confusing, too many menus, avoid
DeathVerse : Let It Die - a sequel to Let it Die that's better because it's a gameshow/battle royale with 16 other players and the abilities are goofy but fun, worth playing
Fortnite (No Build) : Goofy, sometimes fun, lots of stuff to unlock. Also kinda boring, avoid (unless you have a teen in the house)
Gundam Evolution : Already ruined by sweaty try-hards, when you can get into a match with people on your skill level it can be kinda fun, but it's Overwatch with Gundams, avoid

kalel

having played ow for several years at a higher-than-average level, I think ow 2 is a better game but I quit after a week of playing for the same reason I eventually quit the original: it was just making me too drat stressed. I get pretty competitive, and the number of decisions you have to make each second (and thus, the number of ways you can criticize yourself) causes me to get bent out of shape. I really don't like being the "gets angry at video games" guy but the more I played the more I felt myself slipping into that mind space. if you can truly detach yourself there's a lot to like about the games, there's clearly a lot of love put into them, but where I am now in my life it's just not for me

Mummy Napkin
even though ppl give it a hard time, halo infinite is still a really fun free multiplayer game. still mess around in SWAT on there when I want to get some quick frags in.

I had to quit fighting games and most competitive fps for the same reasons. I got the sick brain that really gets tore up like a soup sandwich on a loss. i get my fix playing goofy modes like SWAT and fiesta in halo but don’t sweat the losses too much because it’s whatevs.

idiotsavant

kalel posted:

having played ow for several years at a higher-than-average level, I think ow 2 is a better game but I quit after a week of playing for the same reason I eventually quit the original: it was just making me too drat stressed. I get pretty competitive, and the number of decisions you have to make each second (and thus, the number of ways you can criticize yourself) causes me to get bent out of shape. I really don't like being the "gets angry at video games" guy but the more I played the more I felt myself slipping into that mind space. if you can truly detach yourself there's a lot to like about the games, there's clearly a lot of love put into them, but where I am now in my life it's just not for me

Yeah part of me really enjoys competitive games like Tarkov & Rust, but also there's an aspect to both where winning doesn't feel great cause youre just taking all of someone elses poo poo. it also doesn't help that Tarkov players all seem to be insane rl gun fetishists & Rust players as a group are some of the most toxic, lovely people ever. I'll still watch certain Rust streamers like Spoonkid just cause they're so entertaining but I don't bother playing any of those games these days

the other thing is that both games require that you dedicate a ton of time to the game, and if you don't, or need to quit out or whatever, too bad you lose all your poo poo. eh. Rather do something like Deep Rock Galactic or just single-player stuff

Ohtori Akio
Fortnite brother.

Mummy Napkin

Ohtori Akio posted:

Fortnite brother.

word.

kalel

to clarify, when I was playing ow I always had mic/chat on. my philosophy was that it's a team game and communication is not only a strategic tool, but a game mechanic itself. Over time I came to understand that you simply can't facilitate the level of teamwork I wanted/expected on ladder, it's effectively a never ending series of pickup games. Plus it was endlessly stressful and frustrating because I constantly felt like I was put in the position of being the team therapist, like I was gaming with group after group of adult children. this recent bout of ow 2 I played Chat and Mic off always, and it was less stressful from a social standpoint since there was no interaction beyond emotes, but I still was always frustrated with my own level of play. there's a particular set of factors that have to align in order for me to have a good experience with a team game but it just never came together in the way I wanted for ow. I did have some good times but a lot of it I look back on with sadness. it's a game I followed and cared about for many years but it just doesn't work

lot more words than I initially intended :sweatdrop:

Mummy Napkin posted:

even though ppl give it a hard time, halo infinite is still a really fun free multiplayer game. still mess around in SWAT on there when I want to get some quick frags in.

I had to quit fighting games and most competitive fps for the same reasons. I got the sick brain that really gets tore up like a soup sandwich on a loss. i get my fix playing goofy modes like SWAT and fiesta in halo but don’t sweat the losses too much because it’s whatevs.

:yeah:

Ohtori Akio
Role-based team games are absolute hell and I recommend anyone to stay away from them. Even outside a pickup contest it's a recipe for finger pointing.

On the other hand - Fortnite brother.

Mummy Napkin
in fortnite if I want to run around like a dunce and smell the roses, I can. if I wanna get aggressive and drop in a hot zone, I can. if I wanna dance on ur rear end, I certainly will.

Ohtori Akio
There is no joy purer than dropping twisted, winning a shotgun duel butt naked, then hitting the dougie on your slain foe's corpse.

Mummy Napkin
there needs to be a byob no build squad

Ohtori Akio
[byob] tags up

Finger Prince

I used to play various Battlefield games with goons which was loads of fun. It was always a good combination of fuckin around doing dumb poo poo and legit playing the objective. Because of time zone differences and shift work it was always difficult to play when people from that group were on though, and playing those games as a random pubbie/with random pubbies rarely held the same appeal. I've kind of been wanting to play some shoot mans again though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mummy Napkin
p0rkr1nd is my epic name let’s do this thang