Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

gandlethorpe posted:

I dunno why their videos don't load for me. I have to look at the quote and go to the link directly.

This forum is weird about imgur video embeds. It works with a url tag, but not an img tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sanctum posted:

I assume sac fragments will be Nahida's 4* weapon of choice. Here's what I have so far:

EM/EM/EM

Crit/Dendro/ATK

Sac frags is fine, the 3* magic guide spreadsheets better for off-field and mappa mare R5 for on-field (I think?). They're all pretty close so you can use the one you have leveled unless a clear forerunner is found out.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Maxwell Adams posted:

What clip? It's not in your post history, and it's not in the past 7 pages.

I have no idea why you can't see it. It shows up for me but here it is again with url instead of img.

https://i.imgur.com/m91G9T5.mp4

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Tanreall posted:

I have no idea why you can't see it. It shows up for me but here it is again with url instead of img.

https://i.imgur.com/m91G9T5.mp4

Yeah, that's a good run. Every time I try that room I get 45 seconds because my rotation works around XQ's burst. You were able to just throw everything at the second wave when abilities were off cooldown, which would have made the next rotation messy, which didn't matter because everyone was dead already.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

Sac frags is fine, the 3* magic guide spreadsheets better for off-field and mappa mare R5 for on-field (I think?). They're all pretty close so you can use the one you have leveled unless a clear forerunner is found out.

How's Wandering Evenstar stack up, out of curiosity?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Harrow posted:

How's Wandering Evenstar stack up, out of curiosity?
Idk... I pulled a rainslasher and a dragons bane and gave up.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
e: wait evenstar is the gacha one not the craftable 4*, whoops. I was poasting about Fruit of Fulfillment

this video from reasonably respected theorycrafter zajef shows some spreadsheets but he doesn't actually link to them or show his work anywhere

This calculation for a quicken team puts R1 evenstar as 104% as strong as the 3* Magic Guide, about equal to R1 Mappa (and weaker than R5 Mappa, R1 Widsith, or R1 Solar Pearl)
Maybe worth using if you have it but not worth going out of your way for.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 27, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Evenstar is awful for nahida. The ER substat is nearly worthless for her since her burst is so cheap and long-duration already. The passive gives some EM, but less than an actual EM-substat weapon would give, plus it penalizes attack!
A 3* magic guide will outperform an R5 evenstar.

On a future dendro catalyst who actually needs ER it might make for a decent choice.

Evenstar has EM, not ER though

It has an EM secondary, and its passive gives the wielder and party bonus ATK based on the wielder's EM

edit: ah yeah, never mind

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Evenstar seems pretty big when your Nahida is at 1000em. If you use Kokomi too then you can stack them with multiple copies. But all that requires rolling on the weapon banner an unknown number of times so those weapons are always weird to recommend.

At first I was gonna go Magic Guide with Nahida/Nilou but it doesn't seem like Guide's bonus is gonna be actually in play most of the time. Solar Pearl also seems like a good option, but I'll probably just end up using Sac Frags.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Sanctum posted:

I assume sac fragments will be Nahida's 4* weapon of choice. Here's what I have so far:

She really, really wants an EM sands. Her skill damage scales directly with it, in addition to the buffs she gives herself. I don't know if there's a calculator out for her yet, but I get the feeling that you might be better off going full deepwood? And hoping you eventually pick up a feather comparable to your gilded dreams one. This is what I got:

My general use build, which was basically salvaged over the past couple days with that miracle cup and sands. I feel like I'm gonna use her forever so I'm still trying for a good feather. Then I can replace that sands or hat with a better off-piece.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Res reduction is really strong so yeah the only time Gilded Dreams on nahida is optimal is if somebody else in the team is already wearing Deepwood. I wonder if it's any good on Fischl...

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://progameguides.com/news/gens...god-of-thunder/

Clever. Apparently it's about 32 USD on conversion, though there's some extra step needed if you want to get it outside of China. Ordering window goes from Oct 31st to Nov 20th by the looks of it.

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 27, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm gonna kill all of those sage fucks

well, assuming Nahida let's me at least

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

THE STATUE OF HER EXCELLENCY, THE ALMIGHTY NARUKAMI OGOSHO, GOD OF THUNDER

THE STATUE OF HER EXCELLENCY, THE ALMIGHTY NARUKAMI OGOSHO, GOD OF THUNDER IS REAL

(i'd buy it if it weren't for international shipping)

Kale
May 14, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

THE STATUE OF HER EXCELLENCY, THE ALMIGHTY NARUKAMI OGOSHO, GOD OF THUNDER

THE STATUE OF HER EXCELLENCY, THE ALMIGHTY NARUKAMI OGOSHO, GOD OF THUNDER IS REAL

(i'd buy it if it weren't for international shipping)

At least the Chinese vendors don't seem to charge up the absolute rear end especially considering the quality of most of the Genshin merch so far and that I'm pretty sure there's plenty of people that are fanatic enough to be pay double or triple what they're asking. It'd uncomplicate things though if it shows up on a regular vendor like Amiami in a few days without any added fees so it's easier to calculate a final price. International shipping is probably going to add at least $15 bucks I imagine. Otherwise yeah you're kind of stuck using a Taobao (basically Chinese Amazon along with Aliexpress which is owned by the same company Alibaba) Agent that will buy the product on your behalf and have it shipped to their warehouse in China and then ship it overseas to you for an added shipping fee, which possibly means dealing with somebody that speaks limited English and who you'd just kind of have to place your trust in. There's apparently some trusted/vetted ones out there I found a list of thought that are proper companies that specialize in this department.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004334218570.html

It actually appears to cost less than this bootleg if you disregard the 25% discount. :lol:

Kale fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 27, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Despite burning like 10 fragile resin in the past few days, it was an Abyss box that got me the last piece I needed to complete my Nahida set, a feather of all things :toot:

Could've rolled more Cr.DMG but I'm happy I'll hit the EM cap on a 4-piece Dendro set

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Despite burning like 10 fragile resin in the past few days, it was an Abyss box that got me the last piece I needed to complete my Nahida set, a feather of all things :toot:

Could've rolled more Cr.DMG but I'm happy I'll hit the EM cap on a 4-piece Dendro set

People should make these and just put a picture of Nahida in it

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

Maybe I'm ignorant for being out of the loop and assuming I'm the average player but I don't think everyone playing Genshin is keeping up with all of the other games and their stories. When people say Genshin's story is getting darker I think they mean compared to where it started with you freeing a dragon from its mind control spike and helping a city fight off a leviathan by dropping a floating office on it compared to being trapped in the effects of Gold Experience Requiem and watching your friend slowly die as the loops continue.

It's going dark but it's also not going as dark as it could have. Hand to god when I saw the surprise dream ghost in act 3 chapter 2 my first thought was "well, at least they die happy". When Nahida said "oh, I thought you'd be crying" in the debrief I wiped my eyes with one hand and flipped the bird at my monitor with the other.

No Wave posted:

I mean in fairness what they're doing to Nahida is cosmic horror levels of torture. She's suspended in the air locked in a room and literally can't move for 500 years. Like wtf. The akasha is the only reason she's not completely insane.

It's really kind of a microcosm of what the sages have done to their whole society, and that includes the Deshret parts of it. There was something that might have worked but instead of taking the risks and putting in the labor to deal with it they've trapped everyone in a web of useful lies, beyond which is no useful path to wisdom, and even within which they're falling further and further behind their past glories precisely because of the steps they're taking (banning the arts, grinding up everybody's dreams to feed Wikipedia).

They've chosen cruelty not for wisdom but instead of it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

RareAcumen posted:

Just imagine her Akasha terminal is out of view and she's possessed

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

RareAcumen posted:

I will only accept poorly MS painted Nahidas for this purpose.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MajorBonnet posted:

I will only accept poorly MS painted Nahidas for this purpose.

A Nahida cosplaying Aranara

MajorBonnet posted:

I'm looking forward to finding out what roped all the archons into the war given that they seem unhappy with their involvement.

I'm guessing either it was: 1. Celestia says we have to do this or they nuke Teyvat from orbit or 2. Sure, Celestia is evil, but it's actually protecting us from this even greater evil. I'm leaning more towards 2.

Zolf J. Kimblee, Big Boss and Sundowner are some of the only characters I've ever seen that're thrilled by war and all of them are absolutely nuts

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Is her real name Nahida or Kusanali I'm confused

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Glazius posted:

It's going dark but it's also not going as dark as it could have. Hand to god when I saw the surprise dream ghost in act 3 chapter 2 my first thought was "well, at least they die happy". When Nahida said "oh, I thought you'd be crying" in the debrief I wiped my eyes with one hand and flipped the bird at my monitor with the other.

My kid is obsessed with the teasers and trailers for characters but also cried at the end of the Golden Slumbers quest so I'm legitimately wondering if I should pretend that Nahida didn't get a teaser.

It was so good and so sad. The Chinese one especially just like, wrecked me.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Nyoro posted:

Name is Nahida. Title is Lesser Lord Kusanali.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

My kid is obsessed with the teasers and trailers for characters but also cried at the end of the Golden Slumbers quest so I'm legitimately wondering if I should pretend that Nahida didn't get a teaser.

It was so good and so sad. The Chinese one especially just like, wrecked me.
It's pretty gutting. Maybe you can stall and she'll get a more normal teaser? Or have them watch it after finishing the 3.2 quests so it's (presumably) less upsetting?

Nyoro posted:

Barbatos, Morax, Beelzebub, Kusanali = Venti, Zhongli, Raiden, Nahida

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Raiden Shogun isn't really a name either, it's another title like Rex Lapis. Her actual name is Ei.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

This talk of builds is making me wanna go full marie kondo on my pile of deepwoods. I've been keeping basically everything because "anyone can use it :buddy:" but who really uses it, in a practical sense?

All solo dendro attackers, probably. So raw cv with mainstats of any type, with EM and probably ER substats.

Nilou sometimes? Maybe they'll make more characters like her, but that scale with other stats? So mainstats of any type with ER subs and maybe crit rate (for favonius)

Kokomi sometimes? Probably not worth thinking about whether they'll release weird characters like her, otherwise the best thing to do would be to keep everything (defeating the point of this)

Zhongli for sure, but I think his and Nilou's stuff overlaps.

...Sucrose? Might there be a 2 dendro team that uses Sucrose as a deepwood buffer. But I'd be keeping all EM stuff anyway.

Final result: keep everything? :negative:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No Wave posted:

Barbatos, Morax, Beelzebub, Kusanali = Venti, Zhongli, Raiden, Nahida

Is the name Kusanali/Rukkhadevata a reference to irl mythology/religious lore like the other names are or just completely made up?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The other archon names are all very specifically demons from the Lesser Key of Solomon (including Paimon), and Kusanali is not so it's probably not her real god name either.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We have Al Haithem, Yao yao, Kaveh at bare minimum for confirmed dendro characters in the future.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Rukkhadevata is sanskrit for 'tree goddess', and is specifically used to refer to the goddess that lives on the tree that the Buddha reached enlightenment under. There is also a Kusanali Jataka, one of the many Jatakas tales about the Buddha's past life.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

FractalSandwich posted:

Maybe that's what the mysterious Kaenri'ah chapter is supposed to be.
I'm kinda hoping that the Khaenri'ah chapter is going to be a speedrun of the twin's travels through all eight nations 500 years ago. The gacha characters are explicitly not real in canon so the only change outside cutscenes would be that your MC is temporarily changed to the other one if you use them in combat.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm keeping my hopes tempered but from all the leaks it seems like Xiao will finally have a real good anemo support in this Faruzan character.

Anemo Res Shred on skill stuff and Anemo DMG Buff on the burst. I half expect them to get saddled with absolutely dogshit energy generation just to dash the hopes of everyone.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Incoherence posted:

I'm kinda hoping that the Khaenri'ah chapter is going to be a speedrun of the twin's travels through all eight nations 500 years ago. The gacha characters are explicitly not real in canon so the only change outside cutscenes would be that your MC is temporarily changed to the other one if you use them in combat.

Wait, was it explicitly stated? Or just what people have assumed based on cutscenes and swapping to MC for a bunch of quest interactions? Like I know there's a ton of text that mostly talks about the MC being the hero who did things, but the characters you've met maybe once -and sometimes not at all depending on your story progress all talk like they know the MC very well and will frequently allude to adventuring together.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
There are also a lot of scenes where you do something as <character> and people react as if the Traveler did it. (Particularly using elemental powers by swapping characters.)

I kind of figured it's more an abstract way of representing the Traveler's mastery of the elements, like you're imitating their techniques or something.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Does kind of make the whole friendship system a little weird, though. Like the Traveler is just making fawning buddies with imaginary friend versions of a bunch of people they very briefly met in real life.

Or they just keep rambling about what good times they have with you, Xiao, Zhongli, Raiden, and Itto, at Paimon, and Paimon just desperately tries to play along with their schizophrenic delusions.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

Wait, was it explicitly stated? Or just what people have assumed based on cutscenes and swapping to MC for a bunch of quest interactions? Like I know there's a ton of text that mostly talks about the MC being the hero who did things, but the characters you've met maybe once -and sometimes not at all depending on your story progress all talk like they know the MC very well and will frequently allude to adventuring together.

Story cutscenes never mention adventuring with you except insofar as they've adventured with you in story cutscenes, and when you meet a character you've already pulled from the gacha they will act like you're meeting for the first time (although your reputation precedes you after you've saved a couple nations). Friendship dialog exists in a weird alternate dimension though.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 28, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if an immortal alien who can wield the power of any element in defiance of the known laws of the world showed up and insisted you were their longtime friend, wouldn't you agree?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
also i'm currently running around with/as Tighnari as I snoop around behind Tighnari's back so he doesn't find out we're on to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'm not saying it's wrong that in story it's just Paimon and the traveler, btw. Just the use of the word "explicit" in that post made me curious if there's been dev comments or story quests and dialogue I hadn't seen that says you never actually have those characters with you. The game doesn't need to explain it either, plenty of RPGs never give a story explanation of mechanics.

The game is weird, for example with the silent MC it feels like in some areas they wanted to specifically keep them as a blank slate with enough vague handwaves that could justify "The MC and 3-4 others set out to do a thing, and we specifically remain quiet about details so it doesn't reference who was really there, or what order events have occured in" or let you insert details about the MC's motivations to full on having very specific characterization, motivations, and explicitly making it clear the MC did things and in a specific order, right down to locking some stories behind others.

It's not even based on when stuff was released. The chasm stood out to me, because the game really wanted me to do a bunch of character quests and have a history with some characters ahead of it, but just casually dropped in others explicitly telling me I had a non-existent relationship with them.