Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Digital Jedi posted:

Think this is the first episode I'm just skipped after a few minutes. I don't give a poo poo to hear about ghosts or spirits.

It's Halloween bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Digital Jedi posted:

Think this is the first episode I'm just skipped after a few minutes. I don't give a poo poo to hear about ghosts or spirits.

Turns out you were dead the whole time

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

quote:

Jack Wagner from Otherworld joins us to talk ghosts, spirits, energies, and The Gateway Process. Liz tells her tale of seeing a ghost.
lmfao nah

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It's spooktober buddy

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

It's spooktober buddy
that doesn't mean i have to listen to adults talk about how ghosts are real, actually

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I promise you don't have to take it seriously.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

TenementFunster posted:

that doesn't mean i have to listen to adults talk about how ghosts are real, actually

It's Halloween bitch!!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I promise you don't have to take it seriously.
i’m still waiting for the start of the AOC interview

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I really lose touch with the episodes where they talk about conspiracies like "Femboy Hooters exists in the meta-verse."

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

they call themselves "materialists" but they believe in ghosts n poo poo smh

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
also god bless brace for thinking the troubled teen tycoon might feel even the slightest twinge of guilt between rounds of golf or ski runs at his idaho country club ski resort mansion paradise

that guy will never lose a wink of sleep or have to pay a dime. the only “consequences” he will experience is having to delete a couple unopened voicemails from unknown numbers

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 28, 2022

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1585330484636270601

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

TenementFunster posted:

also god bless brace for thinking the troubled teen tycoon might feel even the slightest twinge of guilt between rounds of golf or ski runs at his idaho country club ski resort mansion paradise

that guy will never lose a wink of sleep or have to pay a dime. the only “consequences” he will experience is having to delete a couple unopened voicemails from unknown numbers

That's why Brace called him at night. To make him lose that wink of sleep. I liked the "well you know all about waking people up at night"

He is very annoying :3

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I was with them at the beginning for "let's document stories of unexplained phenomena typically described as ghosts and UFOs with an open mind" but then they started to lose me on "are yetis real on a scale of one to ten", "astral projecting is how we see other dimensions", and Liz's "ghost story" which Jack correctly identified as simply sleep paralysis lol

has anyone listened to "Otherworld" and is it any good?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I was with them at the beginning for "let's document stories of unexplained phenomena typically described as ghosts and UFOs with an open mind" but then they started to lose me on "are yetis real on a scale of one to ten", "astral projecting is how we see other dimensions", and Liz's "ghost story" which Jack correctly identified as simply sleep paralysis lol

Interesting yes, good meh. It's good background listening and it alerted me to https://thehatmanproject.com/
A site run by a late forties priest lmao.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Oh, I missed this. Yeah, this is the kind of insanely stupid poo poo I was talking about. You'll drive yourself crazy if you imagine that every rich creep on earth is an op.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

It's a fun spooky Halloween episode, stop being such a stuck up dork about it

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

i like the episodes which are basically just an hour's worth of banter. doesn't matter that all the poo poo they talked about is complete bullshit

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

a7m2 posted:

i like the episodes which are basically just an hour's worth of banter. doesn't matter that all the poo poo they talked about is complete bullshit

yeah I don't listen to this show for hard hitting investigative journalism

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Going to see them live in DC tomorrow for The Year of the Smile, anybody seen this tour yet?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

No but I have a ticket for next Saturday. Maybe I’ll faint lol

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

No but I have a ticket for next Saturday. Maybe I’ll faint lol

Smoke the power weed and eat a big bowl of chili before you go

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lost my poo poo when brace called musk 9gag

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1593510943874371584

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The intern that runs their Twitter is gay? Big deal!

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Man brace is not kidding about not don’t talk during the show. He went after this guy in the front like four times until he got thrown out.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Now that you've seen the show I can finally give my review: meh.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
poor bust rodd, banished to the shadow realm while brace itemizes the different kinds of sexualities.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Oatly
Oatly
Oatly
Oatly
Oatly
Oatly
Oatly
Oatly
Oatly
Oa

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
cannot wait to see my friend Liz at the Bluebird Theater in Denver, Colorado this February 16th

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

they were great live, i can confirm, aced the timing and the vibe

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I just started the Synanon episodes after hearing Brace talk about his experience with camps on Chapo, and as a former bad kid camp attendee myself it's both really interesting and also like picking at a scab or something. FWIW it sounds like his experience was worse and he was in the system longer than I was, but it still sucked a lot/was a pretty traumatic experience. Anyway it's really cool/weird to hear the guy I used to post about in the context of fighting with the YPG talking about having gone through a similar experience like that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hype for the Montreal show.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hype for the Montreal show.

Make sure you take a superpower weed vape hit, then pass during the show

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ugh. Listening to the episode where actors play The Game almost caused a psychotic break. Horrible!

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Ugh. Listening to the episode where actors play The Game almost caused a psychotic break. Horrible!

it’s so good. I wasn’t expecting it at all

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Make sure you take a superpower weed vape hit, then pass during the show

just don't talk or you'll be summarily executed

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yung phonesky

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
the weed IS too strong :hai:

i’ve always been saying this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

I vaguely remember a thread in GBS many years ago about a private school somewhere that had a bunch of really weird rituals/arbitrary rules…it seemed kind of adjacent to this Synanon stuff. I recall a big part of it was that some students were labeled as “weak” and some were “powerful” or some poo poo, and the relative “strength” levels between a given pair of a students dominated how their interactions would take place.

Does anyone know what the hell I’m talking about? It’s been driving me nuts ever since I listed to the Synanon episodes.