Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

was troy an ex girlfriend or did she and riker have an on-again-off-again thing? it was never clear

or were picard and beverly, riker and troy in open relationships because they worked too much for personal lives

the writers wanted to hint that maybe they were both couples sorta without explaining or committing

honestly 7 years on the same ship with the same people and few people had any kind of home life it was probably like a small town applebees waitstaff where everyone has dated everyone else at some point and can’t find another job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

an entire ship of bored, listless throuples

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
holowaifus are just futuretec dakimakura.Prove me wrong.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gutcruncher posted:

Ro and Thomas never appeared in First Contact or Nemesis so there’s no way any of the writers even heard of them

Half of last season hinged on the loving Gary Seven episode

Edit: which I just realized Matt have occurred because they were googling "Star Trek Seven" for ideas of how to write seven

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Edit: which I just realized Matt have occurred because they were googling "Star Trek Seven" for ideas of how to write seven

This is my headcannon whatever the facts.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

naem posted:

was troy an ex girlfriend or did she and riker have an on-again-off-again thing? it was never clear

It's both. I remember hearing that Frakes and Sirtis basically played their characters as if they were still in (some sort of) a relationship.

My take is that Riker and Troi had a really intense relationship on Betazed, they separated for a while, then when they met again on the Enterprise they just had a lowkey thing where they hang out and occasionally they gently caress, but are extremely not exclusive.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I still say Gary Seven and Seven of Nine would be perfect to get Tuvixed together into a single character. (Who would, of course, be named Gary of Nine.)

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

they should have tuvixed the two rikers into a double riker

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
give frakes a break, lots of people put on weight as they get older.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

A transporter accident seperates Patrick Stewart from Picard.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

ChubbyChecker posted:

Who would immediately become God-Emperor of Risa

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ChubbyChecker posted:

I'd double riker with cheese, and a large order of onion rings

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'd double riker with cheese, and a large order of onion rings

Yeah, I bet you would, you freak ;)

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

ChubbyChecker posted:

only one sideburn

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
He tears off the sideburns to reveal even larger ones underneath

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

It's both. I remember hearing that Frakes and Sirtis basically played their characters as if they were still in (some sort of) a relationship.

My take is that Riker and Troi had a really intense relationship on Betazed, they separated for a while, then when they met again on the Enterprise they just had a lowkey thing where they hang out and occasionally they gently caress, but are extremely not exclusive.

Yes that is the impression I have, and it's even confirmed in the episode where she gets mind raped and it starts with her and bearded Riker hooking up.

Later in Insurrection however this is contradicted when she says she never kissed him with a beard.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Hey in the holodeck are images of characters projected with the sound of them speaking generated separately or does the projection include their lungs and tongue and whatever and the sound of speech, singing, instruments etc is all actually analogue

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Prurient Squid posted:

A transporter accident seperates Patrick Stewart from Picard.

This would explain why his show sucks.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

External Organs posted:

He tears off the sideburns to reveal even larger ones underneath

He tears off the sideburns to reveal they're just really long hairs he's grown from the corner of his jaw and glued up by his ears.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Yes that is the impression I have, and it's even confirmed in the episode where she gets mind raped and it starts with her and bearded Riker hooking up.

Later in Insurrection however this is contradicted when she says she never kissed him with a beard.

She never kissed him *up there*...

(Actually, I can think of at least one episode where she kissed his beard, the one with the monogender aliens)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Star Trek writer get confused and write episode where Seven visits her ancestor on the holodeck Ernest Borgnine

naem
May 29, 2011

ChubbyChecker posted:

Riiker

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

There is a whole book about them meeting and it's basically this

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I still think it's neat that lower decks confirmed they're open to some degree even when married.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

That part I don't buy. Troi is posessive.

naem
May 29, 2011

it definitely wasn’t settled or agreed on from the way it was presented hence the small town applebees waitstaff comparison where they’ve all dated and broken up a dozen times

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
captain
jean-luc picard
uss
applebee's

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
In the 24th century we don't succumb to Applebee's. We have a more evolved sensibility

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Not Evans posted:

Kinda makes me wonder what would happen if they tried to make a show that just picks up like season 6 of TNG, and doesn't fumble the first season or two rehashing a precursor series or playing anything "safe". I guess there are gonna be replies saying that that's Farscape and I should check out Farscape, which I probably should.

You definitely should, although Farscape is decidedly an anti-Trek in a lot of ways so factor that into your expectations.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Tighclops posted:

In the 24th century we don't succumb to Applebee's. We have a more evolved sensibility

applebees is part if the authentic human experience and every human in starfleet knows it is bad for your career if you don't spend at least one evening a week in a simulated fast casual restaurant on the holodeck, choking down meticulously recreated microwaved entreees and yelling at the hologram waitstaff

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Computer, Load Program: Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. Start program.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://www.theonion.com/waitstaff-tired-of-sleeping-with-each-other-1819567701

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I wanna know what each alien culture thinks of the bloomin' onion

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Clark Nova posted:

applebees is part if the authentic human experience and every human in starfleet knows it is bad for your career if you don't spend at least one evening a week in a simulated fast casual restaurant on the holodeck, choking down meticulously recreated microwaved entreees and yelling at the hologram waitstaff

I had a job across the parking lot from an Applebee's and at the end of every day you could find several members of our staff over there drinking and shooting the poo poo. I did it a couple times and it was fun, but then I realized that was apparently the extent of a few of their social lives. Drinking with their coworkers. At a bar in a chain restaurant. Kinda killed the vibe for me.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

naem posted:

or were picard and beverly, riker and troy in open relationships because they worked too much for personal lives

the writers wanted to hint that maybe they were both couples sorta without explaining or committing

honestly 7 years on the same ship with the same people and few people had any kind of home life it was probably like a small town applebees waitstaff where everyone has dated everyone else at some point and can’t find another job

This is really fully explained in the first Thomas riker episode but basically they were very serious and then riker broke it off because he got a promotion that would have made them go long distance.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
There’s a 0% chance Will and Tom didn’t at least consider getting freaky with each other

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They should have figured out more ways to work in Dixon Hill episodes of TNG. I think there are only two and they're pretty decent episodes. Its me I'm the Star Trek fan that loves holodeck adventures.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Hollismason posted:

They should have figured out more ways to work in Dixon Hill episodes of TNG. I think there are only two and they're pretty decent episodes. Its me I'm the Star Trek fan that loves holodeck adventures.

There are dozens of us!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

HD DAD posted:

There’s a 0% chance Will and Tom didn’t at least consider getting freaky with each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYMfwBGveMg

It happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the great thing about picard's dixon hill holoprograms is that they were absolutely godawful and no one was willing to join him a second time.