Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thank you all for explaining the end of the Akira film. I still don't understand it but I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pron on VHS posted:

Whew, I waited until the absolute last moment, but was able to buy some I bonds at that juicy 9.6% yield. Website is worse than the Obamacare site

Didn’t they just revamp it? It had that 1990s feel for forever.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

i wish i had moniees to invest

instead i only have time, which I invest into MOBILE SUIT FIGHTER G GUNDAM!

Hell goddamn yes

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Silly Burrito posted:

Didn’t they just revamp it? It had that 1990s feel for forever.

Sorry I meant the lagouts due to everyone being lazy as hell and waiting like me not the interface which was fairly pleasant and easy

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Now that I think about it I guess my Obamacare site comment doesn’t make much sense, but whatever

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thank you all for explaining the end of the Akira film. I still don't understand it but I love it.

Speaking of Akira, I need to get the rest of the combined volumes so I can finish reading it.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wonder I. M. Gei got fired, hasn’t posted since like Saturday

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 28, 2022

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

i wish i had moniees to invest

instead i only have time, which I invest into MOBILE SUIT FIGHTER G GUNDAM!

I really need to rewatch G Gundam. I haven't seen it in like 15~ years at this point.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Officially official.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1585793699228811269

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Does... he have bitch tits?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Rectal Placenta posted:

wapo always uses that photo of him, and it's like the worst photo. it's hilarious. A+ troll

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I said moobs but yeah pretty much.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
God bless sexy Gritty.

https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1585795166845415424

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Rectal Placenta posted:

If he moves to Mars the lower gravity will make them less droopy. Hence, SpaceX.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I love that people are having a melt on twitter and that he tossed half their execs on their ear.

Such a blight of a social media platform and I hope it burns to the loving ground.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

I love that people are having a melt on twitter and that he tossed half their execs on their ear.

Such a blight of a social media platform and I hope it burns to the loving ground.

I’m not going to link it but I guess he wants something like 50% of twitters revenue from subscribers which :laffo:

Basically the entire internet except TFF should probably burn.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

I’m not going to link it but I guess he wants something like 50% of twitters revenue from subscribers which :laffo:

I love it. I cant wait for it to end. Between this and Mark Zuckerberg losing billions im quite pleased with the universe today.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

This is the Twitter content I crave :gritty:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Cmon you know exactly what’s going to happen. He’s going to charge like $5 a month per user and because people can’t shut the gently caress up he’ll make a loving mint off it. Then every year he’ll raise the cost by a dollar and continue to make a shitload off it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Cmon you know exactly what’s going to happen. He’s going to charge like $5 a month per user and because people can’t shut the gently caress up he’ll make a loving mint off it. Then every year he’ll raise the cost by a dollar and continue to make a shitload off it.

I’m not convinced that people will flock to twitter like that when it isn’t free.

Also, aren’t a staggering number of twitter users inactive?

It’s value is in the quick exchange of and engagement with news. I’m not sure a subscription model is going to help.

Then again, I thought Will Muschamp was a good hire for UF—so what the gently caress do I know?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

I’m not convinced that people will flock to twitter like that when it isn’t free.

Also, aren’t a staggering number of twitter users inactive?

It’s value is in the quick exchange of and engagement with news. I’m not sure a subscription model is going to help.

Then again, I thought Will Muschamp was a good hire for UF—so what the gently caress do I know?

Its something like 5% of users make up 80% of the people who actively post and reply etc.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wouldn’t pay for Twitter, but all I use it for is reading about sports.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah I never post on Twitter but it’s a great news source

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah I never post on Twitter but it’s a great news source

And the second you have to subscribe there will be a vacuum in the market that will be filled by it’s successor.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

Its something like 5% of users make up 80% of the people who actively post and reply etc.

I’m not sure why, but that disparity is deeply hilarious to me. Mostly because it’s stupidly obvious. It’s like 95% Matt Walsh retweets of him calling for a Trans Holocaust and justifying childbrides, while Charlotte Clymer is clapping like a loving seal at every Diamond Joe meme.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I deleted it a while back, but I do enjoy picking up whatever peripheral nonsense people post here. I won’t argue with a better means of providing news links or whatever, and most of the good comedy posts can basically just be normal posts, I just hope there’s some decent replacement for quick little video clips and the like

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

I’m not sure why, but that disparity is deeply hilarious to me. Mostly because it’s stupidly obvious. It’s like 95% Matt Walsh retweets of him calling for a Trans Holocaust and justifying childbrides, while Charlotte Clymer is clapping like a loving seal at every Diamond Joe meme.

I think its just like most things. They're not there to inform or anything of virtue, theyre just there to inflame and draw eyes. Rage from the left or the right about whatever stupidity gets tweeted today just signal boosts and the army of idiots on your side is gonna go HAM trying to defend you and other idiots are going to try and attack you.

I think there will be a bit of a transition period where Elon tries new (dumb) poo poo but tbh im just here for the meltdowns.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Twitter is great because you can curate your feed pretty easily. Sure, viral poo poo will leak in but there is no avoiding it anymore on some other platform. Its still a fun site and spawns some great content which I leave you now:

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1585454026098966529?t=y_fY2Q1OSb58zqs_eEO8uw&s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Its still a fun site and spawns some great content which I leave you now:

Twitter definitely hooked me for awhile and is easily the biggest dopamine hit for me among all the major social media sites, but man the moderation is trash and only promises to get worse.

SA is actually pretty decent at curating worthwhile twitter, thankfully, even since deleted my account many months ago.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

All the chuds hooting and hollering about how epic bacon Elon owns Twitter are gonna be real shocked when he has to be nice to China to keep the Shanghai factory open

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I constantly post on Twitter but I will not spend a dime on it. I will figure out another place to argue with fantasy football freaks about Cam Akers

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

C-Euro posted:

The missus and I fell into a Sailor Moon hole several years ago when Hulu started that remake series. She grew up watching the original but not the English dub, though I do have vague memories of it when it was in the lead-off slot on Toonami.

The VIZ dub is actually good and pretty faithful but the DiC dub of Sailor Moon made two improvements.1: the background music is genuinely better, in my opinion, than the original Sailor Moon and Power of Love is a way better ending song for Sailor Moon R and 2: making Luna have a British accent for no reason. Like the DiC dub itself isn't great and some of the censorship makes no sense but at least it never turned lesbians in to lesbian cousins and has a lot of charm, so I'll be fond of it.

I don't have a twitter for a variety of reasons but the biggest one is that I'd get in to absolutely dumb as hell arguments about Gundam and/or get banned like my mom for calling insane right wingers insane.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I think I tweeted once like 11 years ago

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

All sites are inferior to something awful dot com

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Twitter has, unbelievably, been a solid source of Covid data and I'll be sad to see that resource die.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

He's still beholden to advertisers, which means it can't become 4chan. He might regret giving his phone number to an assortment of right wing shitheads that will be asking him why their posts aren't getting enough likes

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Gonna be a sad day if I have to resort to going back to ESPN for sports news. Twitter is perfect for it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The only twitter I read is on this very website. I can do without, and hope they both go bankrupt.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
i will dance and praise the dark lord when twitter finally dies. a worse social media site does not exist**

**linkedin is worse but its not truly social media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I just finished my shift, anything happen?

Oh. Oh well.

Back to motorcycle chat: I would never ride one and I’m amazed to see people riding them on the interstate. How do they ride on such horrific surfaces and stay upright with all of the potholes and warped asphalt and violent bridge transitions and bits of tire everywhere and all the other poo poo I see? I don’t feel 100% safe in my rolling cages, both the regular sized and the extra large sized.

I’ve had a motorcycle rider lay it down right in front of me once. It was a wet night in a construction zone, and I was sure to give him a lot of extra room, and he just went for a slip and slide ride on US 49 in Mississippi. He got up right away (he was wearing full gear and a helmet) and I stopped the truck and rolled down the window to ask if he was ok. He said yes, I drove on. Just to be clear, I and my truck didn’t touch him at all.