Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

These things are absolute essentials in Warhammer 40k: Armageddon: DA ORKS! on Steam. Really stupid simple lite-tactics game, lots of fun if you wanna be da boyz and smack humies around.

Actually all the grot units in that game were better than they had any right to be. The grot nuke catapult thing just chews through Guard armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
scientific question for you biologists out there: are goblins covered in a mucus membrane like slugs?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Only cave goblins are covered in a mucus

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Hihohe posted:

Only cave goblins are covered in a mucus

This is snot goblin erasure and I will not stand for it.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

GimpInBlack posted:

This is snot goblin erasure and I will not stand for it.

Snot goblins just cover themselves in thier own snot, it is not a mucus membrane like cave goblins have.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

snot goblins come from nose caverns, they're a subtype of cave goblin

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Snotlings and snot gobbos - the argument for a nested clade.

Welcome to the presentation of my PhD thesis, where we will dwelve deeper into the caverns of this contested topic. *dry academic laughter in the auditorium*. When considering the typical trope of these fellas, the propensity for utilizing mucus, from a phylogeographic point of view...

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

goblyamory

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Too many "broodmothers" in fantasy races imo, goblins wouldn't stand for that!!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

Too many "broodmothers" in fantasy races imo, goblins wouldn't stand for that!!

Agreed But also we need more gay gobbos!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Had a friend and his family including his 12 and 10 year old daughters over for lunch the other day and at one point he was lightly teasing the 12 year old about the 5(!) empty Nutella jars that they found under her bed that she'd apparently purloined from the cupboard and polished off with a spoon over the course of a few months. I said something along the lines of "I can just picture you dancing over your treasure horde of chocolate like a cheeky little goblin shouting "skrinky skronky skree skraw".

10 minutes later her and her sister were what I can only describe as enthusiastically goblin dancing at each other chanting "skrinky skronky skree skraw". so thank you, thread, for inspiring a wholesome family moment.

My question is: given that my friend's daughters are clearly goblin changelings, what apart from Nutella should he be feeding them?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Rats, bugs, and other vermin, goblins basically have the diet of a cat.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
You can feed a goblin pretty much anything but it's very important for dietary reasons that at least one meal a day be acquired through theft or guile. Most GPs recommend conspicuous statements like "I'm just leaving this here for a minute" followed by turning your back or leaving the room.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Splicer posted:

You can feed a goblin pretty much anything but it's very important for dietary reasons that at least one meal a day be acquired through theft or guile. Most GPs recommend conspicuous statements like "I'm just leaving this here for a minute" followed by turning your back or leaving the room.

This is how I fed the neighborhood cat yesterday, so maybe he's also a goblin.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Interestingly enough, not only are all cats goblins, but since all birds are basically cats at heart, all birds are also goblins.

Therefore, goblins are dinosaurs.

Pictured: Yi qi, a goblin.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Breetai posted:

Had a friend and his family including his 12 and 10 year old daughters over for lunch the other day and at one point he was lightly teasing the 12 year old about the 5(!) empty Nutella jars that they found under her bed that she'd apparently purloined from the cupboard and polished off with a spoon over the course of a few months. I said something along the lines of "I can just picture you dancing over your treasure horde of chocolate like a cheeky little goblin shouting "skrinky skronky skree skraw".

10 minutes later her and her sister were what I can only describe as enthusiastically goblin dancing at each other chanting "skrinky skronky skree skraw". so thank you, thread, for inspiring a wholesome family moment.

I like this.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Normalize being a little goblin, just a funny lil guy.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/Bolovitz/status/1576965695023513600?t=6hwqJFyDYbOOuUBDQ7ZAgQ&s=19

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

love that children, absolute best goblins

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
I got a random youtube recommendation of someone painting a goblin knight so I thought I'd share:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAeG0qDBOOc

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

As with anything on Twitter, there's a chance of seeing NSFW :nws: art, but apparently there's been a gobtober (Goblin-themed Inktober style drawing prompt/challenge) hashtag

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Out of the first ten I looked at right now, all were lewd or horny, lol.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sometime in the last few years, goblins became sexy.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Yeah bafflingly horny online communities apparently have pivoted from goblins being 'mischievous little critters that skrinky skronky skree skraw' to 'impossibly busty shortstacks with abs as well for some reason'.

2010: "Beware traveller, for I shall steal your coin purse!"

2020: "YEAH IM A GOBLIN. GOBBLIN' THIS DIIIIIIIIIII..."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm gonna blaim Twilight Princess for this

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Breetai posted:

Yeah bafflingly horny online communities apparently have pivoted from goblins being 'mischievous little critters that skrinky skronky skree skraw' to 'impossibly busty shortstacks with abs as well for some reason'.

To be fair "sexy" Goblins still often are of the "skrinky skronky skree skraw" type as well(there's an artist on Twitter named Rapscallion who does a lot of that that can't really be shared here because well they are very much a smut artist)

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm gonna blaim Twilight Princess for this

World of Warcraft doubled-down on it when they released playable goblins in 2010.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

drrockso20 posted:

To be fair "sexy" Goblins still often are of the "skrinky skronky skree skraw" type as well(there's an artist on Twitter named Rapscallion who does a lot of that that can't really be shared here because well they are very much a smut artist)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Breetai posted:

The latter is not incompatible with stealing the person they're talking to's money

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Zereth posted:

The latter is not incompatible with stealing the person they're talking to's money

"Ha ha, you rolled stats for your pickpocket and got 8 Dex and 18 CHA. Wanna reroll?"

"Wanna hold my loving beer?"

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Okay y'all are just moving this thread in gradually hornier directions bit by bit and now I'm scared that I'll blink and it'll turn into "Gobblin' thread: tiny scronkers with big green honkers".

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Goblins do love caves

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Breetai posted:

"Ha ha, you rolled stats for your pickpocket and got 8 Dex and 18 CHA. Wanna reroll?"

"Wanna hold my loving beer?"

Funny thing is the artist I mentioned before is doing two different RPG's specifically in that vein, one a Fantasy Cyberpunk mod of D&D 5e, the other a sort of Stone/Bronze Age Fantasy that's semi OSR derived and yeah both lean in that direction quite heavily

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

I've had this image for years.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

sasha_d3ath posted:

I've had this image for years.

#bless

:pray:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

From the retro FPS Thread;

https://twitter.com/DUSKdev/status/1589057646883405824?t=oHzC_Z44ZC_pI3lyDTKupw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
Is it okay to link to Reddit comments? Cuz this is a good comment.