Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Dudley posted:

If I've understood anything in this thread this week then yes, but only if you hand grind your balls.

Formula 1 2022: hand grind your balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

smackfu posted:

It’s funny that we still don’t know why it was so hard for Haas to submit an written protest within 30 minutes.

Sounds like maybe IT problems if the alternative was handwriting it lol

xK1 posted:

Apparently during the race the stewards (or someone in the FIA) told them they had an hour to do it.

The relevant parts from the FIA decision doc:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Grimson posted:

What a dumbass sport lol

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

slave to my cravings posted:

What a dumbass entertainment product lol

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Grimson posted:

FIA has to resort to this kind of cheating to prevent the Haas team from winning. Shameful.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"Latifi crashed into, and killed, Max Verstappen, but due to neglect and grief from the Red Bull Racing Team, no complaint was lodged within the 30-minute deadline, which was artificially extended by 6 hours to allow the team to mourn. In light of these circumstances, the FIA and the Stewards have determined that RBRT could have filed a complaint. The FIA has no choice but to reject Red Bull's complaint and award Max's points to Nicholas Latifi.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Seems like the FIA should stop answering questions about the rules if they don’t know the answers.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"Latifi crashed into, and killed, Max Verstappen, but due to neglect and grief from the Red Bull Racing Team, no complaint was lodged within the 30-minute deadline, which was artificially extended by 6 hours to allow the team to mourn. In light of these circumstances, the FIA and the Stewards have determined that RBRT could have filed a complaint. The FIA has no choice but to reject Red Bull's complaint and award Max's points to Nicholas Latifi.

turning froggers into poggers

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE 2008 BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, SIR LEWIS HAMILTON. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN NEEEOW SOUNDS WHEN I OVERTAKE SLOW DRIVERS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY WON THE 2008 FORMULA 1 WORLD DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. THEN I SUCK DOWN A MONSTER ENERGY DRINK THROUGH A CUSTOM WHIZZINATOR THAT PERFECTLY MATCHES SIR LEWIS' SKIN TONE, TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

0/5

nerox
May 20, 2001
There needs to be a new Law and Order spinoff about the FIA.

"In the Formula One racing system, the race teams are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The stewards who investigate infractions and the FIA who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories."

Then they can really emphasize the DUMB DUMB after that part.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

:shrug: Not my fault you don't like Sir Lewis' juice.

Alternatively - Turn your monitor on.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Literal slap on the wrist and the FIA fixed their dodgy accounting for them lmao.
https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1585995323457110016

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
The FIA's was correct to overturn Alonso's penalty, and the stewards and Haas were being idiots (as expected).

This is all independent of the fact that the FIA would have been morally correct to reverse any and all penalties that might conceivably have been imposed on Are Alonso, everyone's favorite driver.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

How is 7 million dollars a slap on the wrist but going less than 2 million over the cap (on accident (on the first year of the budget cap)) is somehow a crime worse than the illegal invasion of ukraine?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Wow, so it only costs half a million to buy a pair of F1 championships. AJ Foyt carries that around in his rear end pocket. Talk about a poverty series.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

smackfu posted:

Seems like the FIA should stop answering questions about the rules if they don’t know the answers.

They could save time by adding a line that says that in the end they can do whatever the gently caress they want (Michael Masi :tipshat:) and just point to that next time.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Maybe they should make the stewards sit through a training class or two.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
A ten percent reduction in wind tunnel time??

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I am sure this very harsh penalty will discourage everyone from overspending in the future

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

I love it. Ready for teams to break the caps and take the penalties lmao

Also ready for every single decision of the FIA to be protested bcs they can't be trusted to know their own loving rules

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

How is 7 million dollars a slap on the wrist but going less than 2 million over the cap (on accident (on the first year of the budget cap)) is somehow a crime worse than the illegal invasion of ukraine?

The problem with the accidental overspend narrative is that nobody else screwed it up. We're either to believe Red Bull are the stupidest team on Earth, or they did it intentionally and made it plausibly deniable.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

why aren't they taking that 7m out of the 2023 cost cap for red bull where it might actually have some slight impact, rather than them just taking a bit of pocket change out of their bank account to pay it off

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

toadee posted:

The problem with the accidental overspend narrative is that nobody else screwed it up. We're either to believe Red Bull are the stupidest team on Earth, or they did it intentionally and made it plausibly deniable.

Christian Horner categorically denied going even £1 over the cost cap so he's on record now as a massive liar, so I am willing to bet they did it intentionally.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

italian quid posted:

No Ferrari talk, it's all about Ducati now. I'm so full of italian passion in anticipation of their first riders title in 15 years that its dripping out of ever orifice

A very good and correct post in an otherwise wrong and bad thread! Goongrats fellow Ducatisti #forzaBAG

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Mclaren should just invest 1bn in next years car to win lando the WDC and then eat the fine and wind tunnel reduction 2 seasons afterwards.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Are the British ok?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Aphex- posted:

Christian Horner categorically denied going even £1 over the cost cap so he's on record now as a massive liar, so I am willing to bet they did it intentionally.

Woah I can't believe Christian Horner would be dishonest!

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
I am so close to saying gently caress it and walking away, I did to BTCC for far less.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It only costs half a million dollars to buy back to back F1 championships, and no other team thought to do it. The greatest minds.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Solus posted:

Are the British ok?

no they stole this take from a sane person

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Fumble posted:

I am so close to saying gently caress it and walking away, I did to BTCC for far less.

Come watch the passione of motogp.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i wish it was ferrari who cheated and still lost a lot because it would be funny

if there has to be cheating, it should at least be as funny as possible

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Fumble posted:

lmao.

This kind of stuff is pretty par for the course for F1 tbh. If you're looking for a fair and well managed sport, this isn't it. It never was.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It only costs half a million dollars to buy back to back F1 championships, and no other team thought to do it. The greatest minds.

They didn't buy the 2021 WDC. It was gifted to them. If Masi did his job properly, Max would've lost that race.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

They didn't buy the 2021 WDC. It was gifted to them. If Masi did his job properly, Max would've lost that race.

No, you're thinking of Lewis.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

njsykora posted:

Literal slap on the wrist and the FIA fixed their dodgy accounting for them lmao.
https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1585995323457110016

The cost cap is $135,135,135??

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Solus posted:

Are the British ok?

Recent events outside F1 would suggest my country is well beyond the U-bend.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

10% reduction in development time isn't nothing

i'm sure they'll cheat around it (everyone does this i'm sure)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The team that have already pretty much nailed the aero development will get less time to do it next season when the rules are the same, what a punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Carrier posted:

Mclaren should just invest 1bn in next years car to win lando the WDC and then eat the fine and wind tunnel reduction 2 seasons afterwards.

:hmmyes: