Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Phone posted:

the assailant has been confirmed to be an 8 sided polygon

Was thinking

The :synpa: of the living room floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

actionjackson posted:

are there any actual leftist magazines (print or digital or both) that are worth subscribing too

is the baffler any good

i stopped subscribing years ago and have no idea, tbh

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I mean I get it. You're at home smoking this and that, and you get the urge to go out and do something and all of a sudden you're in hand to hand combat with Nancy Pelosi's husband

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

KirbyKhan posted:

Devid De Pape the local nudist protester. I can only assume the Castro connection can be inferred from length and cut of his Depoopoo bush
there's a venn diagram between green party / hippie nudists and anti-vaxx right-wing schizos

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/pnjaban/status/1586031119647928320

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Toph Bei Fong posted:

One of the small but insidious things that games have done is introduce the concept of levels or levelling up into day-to-day discourse. The idea that people have some sort of inherent power level, a sense of "spiritual pressure" or "power level", works fine for a game mechanic, or to build dramatic tension in a big anime fight, but in real life? Nothing even close. The baddest rear end psycho tier one operator navy seal with over 250 confirmed kills can get shot and killed by a 5 year old who picked up a lousy .22 and accidentally discharged it

And, like most reminders of morality and fragility, it makes the rich very nervous when something breaks that illusion

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/mob-killer-trump-qanon-cali-comello/1525252/

You ever read about mana, as in the original Polynesian concept?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

insider trading turns into inside job

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/cjwerleman/status/1585844975400808448

:dafuq:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Insanite posted:

is the baffler any good

i stopped subscribing years ago and have no idea, tbh

they format every single submission into the same irritating 10 Cutesy Section Title layout dreck which destroys the flow of actual good prose reporting / work

the content was pretty good but I also paused my sub

Euronymous
Jul 19, 2022

you're literally an idiot if you don't think this is an inside job and some *completely unarmed* dude can just make his way into the speaker's house

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/gingerconejero/status/1586042013387919360

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Euronymous posted:

you're literally an idiot if you don't think this is an inside job and some *completely unarmed* dude can just make his way into the speaker's house

excuse me, he had two arms, AT LEAST one of which was used to swing a hammer

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 19:33 on Oct 28, 2022

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

sucks to suck

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

excuse me, he had two arms, one of which was used to swing a hammer

judging by the reports of paul needing brain surgery, he may have wielded the hammer with both arms, giving him a bonus to damage

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

judging by the reports of paul needing brain surgery, he may have wielded the hammer with both arms, giving him a bonus to damage

thank you, I have corrected my original post

Euronymous
Jul 19, 2022

no it's because he disarmed paul, therefore wielding a damage buff (Taste Of Your Own Medicine)

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Euronymous posted:

how deep does this go?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

might not be correct but this is a bay area journo saying this

from the replies it looks like a q anon freak

https://twitter.com/esksf/status/1586037064067227648

David Da Pepe

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is the best tweet in that thread

https://twitter.com/pnjaban/status/1586046196346368002

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

crime wave!!!!!!

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
more money for cops again keep cranking that lever

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

its true i had a guy try to break down my door last week asking for nancy pelosi

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

everyone has lost their god drat minds

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

operation hot burglar

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

its true i had a guy try to break down my door last week asking for nancy pelosi

that was me and, as I said, i'd appreciate it if someone would give me my desired big titted nancy on tom carper's body avatar

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
the japanese assassin invented an intricate electrically-powered zip gun, capable of firing once and only once, for the sake of taking out a high-ranking politician who had done tremendous damage to the country as a whole and to him personally.

this guy wrote a ten thousand word review of Black Adam, picked up a sledgehammer, and forgot to check if his target was going to be at home

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the japanese assassin invented an intricate electrically-powered zip gun, capable of firing once and only once, for the sake of taking out a high-ranking politician who had done tremendous damage to the country as a whole and to him personally.

this guy wrote a ten thousand word review of Black Adam, picked up a sledgehammer, and forgot to check if his target was going to be at home

Well thanks to Elon buying twitter we're not required to call it "Black Adam" anymore

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

:actually: he had to shoot the pipe gun twice because he missed

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

If you come for the GOATed you'd best not miss

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

dude made it to mr pelosi like Oldboy made it to the elevator

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Wrex Ruckus posted:

:actually: he had to shoot the pipe gun twice because he missed

how the hell was that thing rigged to fire more than once, it looked like a bunch of firecrackers attached to a stock

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

redneck nazgul posted:

lol

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

It's a harder build to pull off, but you can manage it if you're good. You might think that a hammer would trigger nearby enemies, but like the rest of the melee weapons, it doesn't break stealth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY87jaczCL4

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

You ever read about mana, as in the original Polynesian concept?

Yeah, it's the stuff in blue bottles that lets you recharge the bar so you can cast more spells, right?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They really are the superior people

Euronymous
Jul 19, 2022

the other suspicious thing is SFPD showing up incredibly quickly and being helpful?? clear sign of a BULLSHIT campaign

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

mags posted:

crime wave!!!!!!

Trevor Moore voice

crime wave! hey, come on guys, crime wave!!

no? are you sure??

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Toph Bei Fong posted:

One of the small but insidious things that games have done is introduce the concept of levels or levelling up into day-to-day discourse. The idea that people have some sort of inherent power level, a sense of "spiritual pressure" or "power level", works fine for a game mechanic, or to build dramatic tension in a big anime fight, but in real life? Nothing even close. The baddest rear end psycho tier one operator navy seal with over 250 confirmed kills can get shot and killed by a 5 year old who picked up a lousy .22 and accidentally discharged it

And, like most reminders of morality and fragility, it makes the rich very nervous when something breaks that illusion

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/mob-killer-trump-qanon-cali-comello/1525252/

Please don't read literally any mystical texts, you will find the original gamer brained writings

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
This is like January 6 all over again

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

How will she make her stock picks now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Replys saying "well there wasn't security detail there because she wasn't there" and I just cannot get over how ICE COLD Pelosi gotta be to leave her spouse defenseless.