Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

IG-88 posted:

Is there any reason to order from BBTS over GoodSmile direct? Prices seem about the same with the 50% shipping on preorders through GoodSmile.

Thinking of grabbing Sadako and Jose.

https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/nendoroid-sadako-9372
https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/nendoroid-jos-eacute-carioca-9364

or

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/224185
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/224055

Goodsmile has been really good on my end. Sometimes things are delayed, but such is life. You'll always get your order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rhyno posted:

Origins Snake Wave just dropped into my POL.

Gonna grab one more figure and ship.

Mine as well but no Skeletor. Did he drop in yours?

Oh, and the Christmas Protocol Droid is up at BBTS and EE.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nope, no Skeletor. But I had enough I'm my POL that I don't want to wait so I shipped it.

3 Masterverse
4 Origins
1 Netflix
1 Thundercat

vkeios
May 7, 2007

IG-88 posted:

Is there any reason to order from BBTS over GoodSmile direct? Prices seem about the same with the 50% shipping on preorders through GoodSmile.

Thinking of grabbing Sadako and Jose.

https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/nendoroid-sadako-9372
https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/nendoroid-jos-eacute-carioca-9364

or

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/224185
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/224055

Nothing is wrong with BBTS, except that their import figure prices are usually higher then anyone else. Their shipping is cheap; also they have a hold system, which is great if you’re a regular.

But that Sadako has a goodsmile shop exclusive part just FYI. Also Im not sure the shipping would make up for those higher prices.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

vkeios posted:

Nothing is wrong with BBTS, except that their import figure prices are usually higher then anyone else. Their shipping is cheap; also they have a hold system, which is great if you’re a regular.

But that Sadako has a goodsmile shop exclusive part just FYI. Also Im not sure the shipping would make up for those higher prices.

Shipping becomes super reasonable once you register. They knock off 50% off shipping prices. Priority USPS ends up being like 8-9 bucks.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Even though I know these will be useless as dice... the urge to get them and bring them with me to games is so high.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

IG-88 posted:

Is there any reason to order from BBTS over [snip]

Generally speaking BBTS has a few major points in its favor. It’s super reliable, the pile of loot and flat rate shipping are super convenient if you preorder a lot of stuff, they pack their stuff very securely. They are rarely the fastest option or the cheapest. If you find a much better deal somewhere else you should generally go for it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I love BBTS because cancellations are generally painless unless you’re getting something REALLY expensive where they require a non-refundable deposit. I’ve never even actually had to do that.

But yeah, if you’re talking imports, it’s usually best to go through somewhere like amiami or Nin-Nin or something.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/220286

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Can’t wait to pick up the Gingerbread Man Clone Trooper. I see lots of hate online for these seasonal Black Series things but imho they’re so goofy and dumb that they wrap back around to being cool.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Sargent Slaughter is in stock at BBTS

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Can’t wait to pick up the Gingerbread Man Clone Trooper. I see lots of hate online for these seasonal Black Series things but imho they’re so goofy and dumb that they wrap back around to being cool.

I like some of the seasonal ones but they keep falling just below my line to buy them to have as decorations.

What store has the skeleton clone trooper? I might get that one if I saw it in person.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Target. I grabbed one today

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I still haven’t seen one in the wild here and my preorder says it won’t ship til late November.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Agrias120 posted:

Even though I know these will be useless as dice... the urge to get them and bring them with me to games is so high.

Definitely getting the black dragon, so I have something to fiddle with while I play.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
A teaser of sorts for some things to come later...

These dudes are hella fun, wish I had the patience and equipment to do a Harryhausen style stop-motion thing with them.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Are there any good 6inch or so scale Matrix figures?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i forgotted i buyed some stuff

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

crossposting from sofubi thread

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Goddamn the Joytoy Space Marines are great. They absolutely blow the McFarlane figures into the garbage. This little guy has paint, accessories, can stand by itself, is posable, and fits nicely on the shelf. I will say, the pegs holding the holster on(so you can switch between the holster with heavy bolt pistol in it and empty holster if you want to display him holding the heavy bolt pistol) are very tight. I'm not going to be swapping between holsters very often. And the grip on the banner is quite loose. It's pretty easy to balance it but for long term display I'll want to add a drop of sticky tack in the hand and on the bottom of the banner. But those are minor quibbles and overall I'm very happy with this guy

gently caress now I really want one of the Dreadnoughts....

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

That battle bones is so sick

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Got some Galactus shots in better light. No sunshine, here in Oregon we won' t see that again until June.

When I like something I try to tag the creator so they know, it’s probably nice for them to see positive feedback. I was happy, I got Ryan North to see my Galactus & Squirrel Girl pic. I’m a huge dork like that.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 28, 2022

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I found the trooper! They had a bunch. Good show

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Sentry has arrived and he is not loving around!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I’ve also found Skeleton Clonetrooper with tons at the store.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

The Sentry has arrived and he is not loving around!

That guy rules and I’m excited for mine to show up, but it’s taking its sweet time. When they emailed to say the item had shipped I went and checked the tracking info and it was waiting for the post office to pick it up, which I thought was kinda BS because that’s really not the same as shipped. After that it’s been kicking around at processing facilities in Missouri and who knows how long it will take to actually arrive in the wilds of Northern California.

I feel like I’m more excited about that figure than I should be, I’m not the world’s biggest Sentry fan but it’s just a really fuckin cool looking toy, I love the design of that guy and the cartoon bright colors make such a huge difference over the last ML version.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That guy rules and I’m excited for mine to show up, but it’s taking its sweet time. When they emailed to say the item had shipped I went and checked the tracking info and it was waiting for the post office to pick it up, which I thought was kinda BS because that’s really not the same as shipped. After that it’s been kicking around at processing facilities in Missouri and who knows how long it will take to actually arrive in the wilds of Northern California.

I feel like I’m more excited about that figure than I should be, I’m not the world’s biggest Sentry fan but it’s just a really fuckin cool looking toy, I love the design of that guy and the cartoon bright colors make such a huge difference over the last ML version.

Mine took 3 days to Oregon so hopefully yours arrives soon too. Make sure you put some guns in those trigger fingers!

I also don’t care too much about Sentry, but he’s a good looking toy. He’ll fight Galactus with guns akimbo.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Lol Mindbender continues to elude me, but I managed to preorder Serpentor from pulse.

Just gimme my weird dentist-cum-mad scientist leatherdaddy, hasbro

I have a second one on order, remind me around shipping time, you can have it for my cost + shipping to you.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Huh, turns out that Tales Linhares He Man thing is figures. Seamless body and look drat near like they stepped out of the cartoon.

https://www.facebook.com/100040362486410/posts/pfbid0V77KtcPzFeCFTSnKRZydrLu9EABVYFG58teNLZvBAE2AoBx4zSRi3GCvXeowpPVcl

That should be a link to one of their posts but if it's not, just search on Facebook for the name.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Huh, turns out that Tales Linhares He Man thing is figures. Seamless body and look drat near like they stepped out of the cartoon.

https://www.facebook.com/100040362486410/posts/pfbid0V77KtcPzFeCFTSnKRZydrLu9EABVYFG58teNLZvBAE2AoBx4zSRi3GCvXeowpPVcl

That should be a link to one of their posts but if it's not, just search on Facebook for the name.

Interesting. Though I really don't like the fabric choice on the loincloth. and boot tops. Too fuzzy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That looks terrible

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Fuzz posted:

I have a second one on order, remind me around shipping time, you can have it for my cost + shipping to you.

Amazing, thank you!

gregday
May 23, 2003

Had fun at work in my first public outing in the Rocketeer getup. Here’s a test shot from home:

Could I be in better shape? Absolutely. Did I still have a loving blast? Hell yes.

The special effects killed.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I like the Clonetrooper itself a lot. The skeleton effect works but the real delight is opening the box and seeing the paper they wrapped it in

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That is some A+ wrapping paper. I spot a hutt, a mynock and probably one of those spider critters from Rebels/Mando.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

That looks terrible

Agreed, not my thing at all.

Wonderful! Nice to see them having a little fun with the plastic-free packaging. I wonder if years from now the themed wrapping paper will be sought after by toy collectors.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For real, if SA MOTU Fan #1 thinks that poo poo is bad it gotta be bad.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Shiroc posted:

I like the Clonetrooper itself a lot. The skeleton effect works but the real delight is opening the box and seeing the paper they wrapped it in

YES! I just found that out too! It’s glorious!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So fuckin bad. That face, Jesus Christ that face. Filmation He-Man is an inhuman monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

So fuckin bad. That face, Jesus Christ that face. Filmation He-Man is an inhuman monster.

MY BROTHER, COME JOIN ME, TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE SEAMLESS FIGURES FALL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdnti4_UUg