Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Just tried booting up the game for the first time and I’m seeing a screen that says “STATUS Installing” and the bar never fills at all. Saw some fix on Reddit to go into settings and back out and try again but not working for me. Anyone else see this? Love spending $70 on games in 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Rorobb posted:

Just tried booting up the game for the first time and I’m seeing a screen that says “STATUS Installing” and the bar never fills at all. Saw some fix on Reddit to go into settings and back out and try again but not working for me. Anyone else see this? Love spending $70 on games in 2022

If it just cycles then try verifying the files, and if that doesn't work go into the steam settings and clear your download cache.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Decoy grenades are once again the best if you like running points treat over killstreaks. Game is good.

Being able to fine tune attachment stats is gross.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
So do the weapon stat bars mean anything this time around or are they still made up and the community is going to have to figure it out again? (I.e. does the recoil bar that increases or decreases based on attachments have anything to do with how much you are improving or worsening recoil).

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Just unlocked the g3or whatever they call it in game. That thing is a fuckin beast. Really gotta switch out fire modes for longer range engagements though. Thing is basically uncontrollable in at range

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

E.G.G.S. posted:

Decoy grenades are once again the best if you like running points treat over killstreaks. Game is good.

Being able to fine tune attachment stats is gross.

Got any other tips for abusing score streak systems? I haven't messed with decoys, how many points do you get?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Heads up - if you’re having issues with poo poo you unlock not working, restart the game. I was having a tough time getting weapon unlocks to sync and that did the trick.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The P90 (or whatever name they've given it) even without attachments is a complete loving laser beam, holy poo poo.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The P90 (or whatever name they've given it) even without attachments is a complete loving laser beam, holy poo poo.

The backside is damage dropoff, apparently, but on a small map it's a beast.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

If it just cycles then try verifying the files, and if that doesn't work go into the steam settings and clear your download cache.

On ps5 unfortunately… I deleted and re-installed and getting the same screen

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.

Rorobb posted:

On ps5 unfortunately… I deleted and re-installed and getting the same screen

I got a similar glitch yesterday. Try this? Worked for me.

https://www.gamesradar.com/modern-warfare-2-status-installing-stuck/

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tried to play with a full party and it was practically impossible. Matchmaking seems pretty well broken. We were also all crashing pretty routinely, even the guy on PS5.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Like every other CoD game I can't wait to make people angry by using shotguns

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Yeah I have already crashed twice on PS5.

For anyone wondering what “Invasion” is, it’s basically Ground War Team Death Match, but it also throws in a bunch of brain dead computer controlled enemies as well. It’s good for ranking up hard to level weapons. The NPC enemies pretty much just stand there unless you get real close.

Also Marksman rifles (and maybe battle rifles?) have way, way less damage drop off compared to assault rifles and SMGs. The EBR-14 is incredibly good in 3rd person. The greater situational awareness makes it way, way easier to get shots at a distance and it only takes three or so hits to kill. 3rd person in general seems to greatly improve semi-auto weapons. I find it’s way easier to get kills even with the handguns when compared to playing in first person.

Pulcinella fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 28, 2022

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Kwolok posted:

Got any other tips for abusing score streak systems? I haven't messed with decoys, how many points do you get?

15 points per enemy killed who heard the Decoy, usually get the team. You can carry up to 3 with a perk. I always get the UAV , care package and whatever after most times I spawn.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Does this game have a fun 1p campaign

priznat
Jul 7, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

JBP posted:

It’s ok, worth a playthru, it’s fast (6h or less if you hustle)

Semi related is there a way to solo the spec ops missions or will it always drop you in a lobby?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I’ve only had one crash on PC and after starting the game back up all my graphical glitches were gone. This is the smoothest multiplayer launch I’ve seen in ages

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.

JBP posted:

Haven’t quite beaten it but no way would I recommend paying $70 for that campaign

It’s a nice add on to the multiplayer but it’s short and not really that great tbqh

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

is anyone else unable to unlock gold camo
ive completed all the camo challenges on the 556 icarus but the gold camo challenge isnt even showing up

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

Like every other CoD game I can't wait to make people angry by using shotguns

you will not be disappointed, especially during the first few weeks - I was only able to play a little while last night but definitely had some dude raging because he kept running into my Expedite 12 in a stairwell

due to the whole "haven't played a lot" thing I'm not sure if any of them are actually truly good, but they're at least functional enough to get some people raging out and for now that's enough

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

hbag posted:

is anyone else unable to unlock gold camo
ive completed all the camo challenges on the 556 icarus but the gold camo challenge isnt even showing up

Restart the game. I’ve had to do that for some attachments I’ve unlocked but didn’t show up until I restarted. Was also like that for the deluxe version items.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

already tried restarting, no dice

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hot Diggity! posted:

Like every other CoD game I can't wait to make people angry by using shotguns and RPGs

:same:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

the icarus with the 100-round mag owns because you can just hold left mouse until everything in a room is dead

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Absolutely love the universal camo unlocks and it's making me pick up all kinds of guns I wouldn't just because their early camos are cool. That said, man the camo selection UI is loving painful

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
This game is definitely showing me how much I need to build a new PC. My 3080's doing fine, it's just the 8700K that can't deliver at 1440p 120 FPS anymore :(

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

im using a GTX 1070 and its running great

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Holy poo poo, they FINALLY added a mode I want to play. I love knockout so much. Its just search and destroy with revives but every match I've had has been super fun.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Is this game realistically playable on PS4 pro?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Der Meister posted:

Is this game realistically playable on PS4 pro?
PS4/5 have their own separate versions, so I imagine yes. You get both when you buy the game since current-gen consoles are still scarce.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Kazinsal posted:

This game is definitely showing me how much I need to build a new PC. My 3080's doing fine, it's just the 8700K that can't deliver at 1440p 120 FPS anymore :(

In a good way, maybe just need a reconfigure - I’m also 3080/8700K at 1440p and am pretty stable at 120+ with most stuff maxed (I always disable blur/depth of field/film grain though because lol why)

Also it’s seemed to default for me to a weird scaler - I moved back to DLSS and am having a good time. Finally, someone posted earlier there’s some weirdness with the most recent NVIDIA drivers so maybe worth looking at

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

I feel like the entire Battle Rifle class of weapons was just added to the game as a joke. The only thing that doesn't seem to outshine them in literally every situation is a shotgun.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The border crossing map with all the traffic on a single road is a really immersive map, I always wanted to know what it felt like to live through the Battle of Stalingrad. Having to cross 100 meters while getting shot from every corner over and over, debris everywhere to hide people in, enemy is screaming anti-semetic things at you, it's almost a perfect replica.

e. Anyone else not having pings show up at all?

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 29, 2022

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Is there a goon discord for pc players?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Haven't played one of these in years, do most people turn off crossplay on console or no? Aim assist seems pretty generous but sometimes it feels like I'm getting laser beamed.

edit: I'd like the border crossing map a lot more if it didn't spawn me a million miles away from the action every single time.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
My poor 1060 is really suffering in this. The race track, hotel, pirate fort and the border crossing are the only maps that run acceptably. Really would like it if shotguns weren't absolute DOGSHIT compared to any other weapon. TTK is so fast and M4s are so laser accurate that you die between hitting mouse 1 and you shooting even in point blank range.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I keep only playing the same 2 maps from beta in TDM.

However I did play one where there's basically water surrounding the map and kind of cutting through and honestly I love it.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Had a challenge to get 5 kills in a round with a marksman rifle, just put the EBR-14 into a loadout, ended up being the 2nd highest kills on my team. Think I quite like that one, we'll see if that holds or if it was beginner's luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

i vomit kittens posted:

I feel like the entire Battle Rifle class of weapons was just added to the game as a joke. The only thing that doesn't seem to outshine them in literally every situation is a shotgun.

I dunno I was rocking the g3 on full auto pretty effectively earlier today. Just gotta remember to switch the fire mode. It does stupid damage up close.