Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

faces are hard :(

Why is her gun pink?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Why is her gun pink?

Cause she's a WAHMAN.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Why is her gun pink?

whenever I'm playing a game where i get to customize my weapon colors, you better believe that gun is gonna be pink

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Got the trigger discipline right, though. So the important part's covered at least.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’ve had the last paragraph of the Daily Beast article roaming through my head all day

quote:

Beale isn’t done with movies yet, though. In a video to his fans, he told them he’s working on a script starring his friend, antisemitic former comedian Owen Benjamin. In this new movie, Beale plans to cast Benjamin—who believes the moon landing was faked—as the head of NASA.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm confused by the UN logo as the hyphen in the title. Don't most those types think the UN is part of the Satanic globalist agenda or whatever? The more times I look at this cover, there's just more and more weird poo poo that confuses me. For instance the mask thing wraps around the head but has a helmet strap that does to her hair? At least she has good trigger discipline.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I've seen far worse faces than that. The problem with it is that the Confederate cross was clearly added afterwards, and was done with no regard for the topology beneath.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Me drawing an assault rifle: I must meticulously draw every individual line to accurately reproduce this important tool

Me drawing stars: JUST GOTTA GET THIS DONE WHAT'S A STRAIGHT LINE?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that rifle is about as well drawn as those stars

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Endless Mike posted:

Me drawing stars: JUST GOTTA GET THIS DONE WHAT'S A STRAIGHT LINE?

Last year on Halloween I had my cousin, who runs their own art school with their spouse, draw an upside down five point star on my forehead and they hosed UP.

I, with my engineering degree, find it easy. Guess they're more technical than they seem.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Beautiful nails though

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Althero? Alihero? Al-hero?!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Uthor posted:

Last year on Halloween I had my cousin, who runs their own art school with their spouse, draw an upside down five point star on my forehead and they hosed UP.

I, with my engineering degree, find it easy. Guess they're more technical than they seem.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
If you're familiar with industry terribleness then What We Can Know About Thunderman is really funny

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
What’s the deal with Dynamite lately? They’re getting medium-profile disney licenses like Gargoyles and Darkwing Duck. Were any moves actually made to make up for supporting CG people or are people just forgetting (or didn’t know) about the mass exodus? Nick Barucci is still running the show over there AFAIK.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

kefkafloyd posted:

What’s the deal with Dynamite lately? They’re getting medium-profile disney licenses like Gargoyles and Darkwing Duck. Were any moves actually made to make up for supporting CG people or are people just forgetting (or didn’t know) about the mass exodus? Nick Barucci is still running the show over there AFAIK.

Disney doesn't give a poo poo about supporting rightwingers until there's massive backlash over it. Also, if Dynamite is gambling on Disney licenses, they're probably desperate. It's a big name for easy recognition, but it almost seems no comic imprint has been able to cover the fees for titles of Disney IP and still be profitable.

Maybe the price for Gargoyles is low enough, idk. Personally I feel bad for Greg Weisman. I don't think he's a chud unless he made some comments about how he can't get work anymore and blamed the wrong things/people? I'm a big fan of the series but he's been trying to get it going again for over two decades now. He really should accept it just isn't going to come back; you helmed a critically acclaimed multi-season cartoon made by Disney my dude, that's the peak you're gonna get, and it was a pretty drat good one. Sucks it was so early in your career, but take the win?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ryonguy posted:

you helmed a critically acclaimed multi-season cartoon made by Disney my dude, that's the peak you're gonna get, and it was a pretty drat good one. Sucks it was so early in your career, but take the win?

Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice are nothing to sneeze at. Dude's had a pretty drat good career.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice are nothing to sneeze at. Dude's had a pretty drat good career.

Guess he wants his own original work to stay out there then. You'd figure with the 90's nostalgia that's been going on lately the Rat would give the show another go but...

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

ryonguy posted:

Disney doesn't give a poo poo about supporting rightwingers until there's massive backlash over it. Also, if Dynamite is gambling on Disney licenses, they're probably desperate. It's a big name for easy recognition, but it almost seems no comic imprint has been able to cover the fees for titles of Disney IP and still be profitable.

Maybe the price for Gargoyles is low enough, idk. Personally I feel bad for Greg Weisman. I don't think he's a chud unless he made some comments about how he can't get work anymore and blamed the wrong things/people? I'm a big fan of the series but he's been trying to get it going again for over two decades now. He really should accept it just isn't going to come back; you helmed a critically acclaimed multi-season cartoon made by Disney my dude, that's the peak you're gonna get, and it was a pretty drat good one. Sucks it was so early in your career, but take the win?

That’s the thing, I don’t think Weisman is a chud either, he’s never done anything publicly to give that inclination. He might not even know about what happened to Dynamite two years ago. There’s 26 (!) covers coming for Gargoyles 1, the book is clearly getting a push.

Dynamite has been so out of the news though that I haven’t found anything about changes there or if there were any moves made to atone for support EVS et al. I like Weisman and his work (generally, the guy can’t finish anything to save his life) but the lack of news/commentary around it is a bit shocking.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ryonguy posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Gargoyles wasn't very expensive. The last comic series didn't exactly set the world on fire.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

kefkafloyd posted:

That’s the thing, I don’t think Weisman is a chud either, he’s never done anything publicly to give that inclination. He might not even know about what happened to Dynamite two years ago. There’s 26 (!) covers coming for Gargoyles 1, the book is clearly getting a push.

Dynamite has been so out of the news though that I haven’t found anything about changes there or if there were any moves made to atone for support EVS et al. I like Weisman and his work (generally, the guy can’t finish anything to save his life) but the lack of news/commentary around it is a bit shocking.
That's just, ya know, Dynamite's thing. Giving old hands from the 90's some work. They think variant covers enticing stores into buying 100 copies when they'll sell ten at best is still a good business strategy. Very much out of touch with the reality of the current market. I hadn't heard anything about it either, but I've been out of the loop mostly on comic book stuff since 99% of comic book news turned into MCU ads I mean social media churn I mean ads.

Also, I think a lot of the time he simply isn't given the opportunity to finish anything.

Dawgstar posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Gargoyles wasn't very expensive. The last comic series didn't exactly set the world on fire.
Part of that was they had the original character designer do the art for some of the issues who proved very quickly there's a difference between doing character design and drawing a comic. It wasn't bad, per se, but wasn't exactly great either. I still suspect it's a gamble of desperation on the part of Dynamite. The mouse holds onto stuff pretty tight no matter how obscure or how little interest they show in it. I'd be interested in learning how much the license fees for something like a comic series from them would cost. From a quick search it gives the impression that mid-five figures wouldn't be out of the question.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Dynamite's thing has forever been "grab some licenses and see what sticks", if it's a sign of desperation it's also been their status quo as long as they've been around.

They've published over one thousand titles (including one-shots, collections, etc.) and less then 10% of them have been creator-owned books. Almost all of those fall into the buckets of a) Garth Ennis projects after they took in The Boys when DC canned it, b) reprinting old books that no longer had a home, or c) implicit or explicit movie scripts being turned into "hit graphic novels" to try to revive their movie prospects.

In between they've done a shitload of comics based on Agent 47: Hitman, Alice Cooper, Altered Carbon, Army of Darkness, Atari, Barbarella, Battlestar Galactica, Bettie Page, Bionic Woman, Bob's Burgers, Buck Rogers, Captain Action, Charlie's Angels, Charmed, Control, Crackdown, Dan Dare, Dark Shadows, Darkman, Dejah Thoris, Doc Savage, Doodle Jump, Dresden Files, Elvira, Evil Ernie, the Expendables, Flash Gordon, Fruit Ninja, Game of Thrones, Garbage Pail Kids, Gold Key Superheroes, Green Hornet, Grumpy Cat, Gumby, Gwar, Highlander, Homies, James Bond, Jeepers Creepers, John Carter, John Wick, Jungle Girl, Jungle Jim, Killer Instinct, KISS, The Librarians, Lone Ranger, Madballs, The Man With No Name, Mars Attacks, Mercy Thompson, Mighty Mouse, Nancy Drew, Pathfinder, Prince Valiant, Pumpkinhead, Rainbow Brite, Reanimator, Red Sonja, The Shadow, Shaft, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Six Million Dollar Man, Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow, Smosh, Stargate, Terminator, Tom Clancy: Splinter Cell, The Twilight Zone, Vampirella, Voltron, Warehouse 13, The Warriors, Wheel of Time, White Sand, Wild Cards, Xena Warrior Princess, Yoga Hosers, Z Nation, Zorro, and probably some others I missed.

Unless I'm missing something, Darkwing Duck and Gargoyles are probably in the upper quartile of licenses they've tried to make comics out of.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I seem to recall they were making Tarzan comics but they didn't have the Tarzan rights so they put Lord of the Jungle on the cover?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Isn't Dynamite's original content just 90% bodacious pin-up ladies adventure/horror comics?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hostile V posted:

Isn't Dynamite's original content just 90% bodacious pin-up ladies adventure/horror comics?

That's Zenoscope.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I mean dynamite's consistent monthly output is definitely all vampirella and red Sonja books/spin offs so they're not wrong

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fair.

But occasionally Dynamite has clawed their way into the Kirby estate.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I seem to recall they were making Tarzan comics but they didn't have the Tarzan rights so they put Lord of the Jungle on the cover?

Isn't Tarzan public domain? Fake edit after googling: Yes he is, though stuff introduced in later books about him wouldn't be, but apparently he's also trademarked so you might have to call the comic itself something else, kinda like how Captain Marvel/Shazam was until DC just said gently caress it and renamed the character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's probably it. I think they had John Carter comics hitting at the same time as Marvel so they titled theirs Warlord of Mars as well.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

site posted:

I mean dynamite's consistent monthly output is definitely all vampirella and red Sonja books/spin offs so they're not wrong
Yeah this is what I was thinking of, that and I know a guy who went the Kubert School route and the way he made regular paychecks starting out was doing linework on Bettie Page comics for Dynamite.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Jim Steranko going on a tear on twitter

https://twitter.com/iamsteranko/status/1587001214897721344

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Someone who spent as much time around carnies and was such an inveterate thief as a teenager shouldn't be pro-cop.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Chicago is on their list? Ha!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

Someone who spent as much time around carnies and was such an inveterate thief as a teenager shouldn't be pro-cop.

Being a carnie is why he’s pro cop

So loving talented, too bad about him as a person

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Strong Abraham Simpson shouting at clouds vibe

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah that sounds like Steranko alright

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Uthor posted:

Chicago is on their list? Ha!

Portland is on their list? Double ha.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Someone check on SINK

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Scaramouche posted:

Someone check on SINK

he still seems to be cool, he pivoted to just posting art a while ago though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't believe the hardcore Trumper is against cities they allegedly defunded police.