Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1586051800217559043
Looks like Bellinger will probably be out for a month give or take.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Smacks his face hard enough to shatter his eye socket and no face mask or hands to the face flag thrown. Great refs we have.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man I knew it must have been pretty gnarly when I saw a guy getting carted off the field from an eye poke.

Sounds like the eye will be fine though, just gonna take some time so that part is good.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Edit: Way slow on the Toney trade. Nothing to see here.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
A lot of talk as Jerry Jeudy as a trade target. Has he ever really done anything to be a coveted WR?

Whenever I've seen Jeudy make a catch there's very little separation and very little YAC. Disclosure, I have probably only seen 3 games of Jeudy's whole career. So genuinely curious why teams would be interested in grabbing him off the Broncos.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

The Puppy Bowl posted:

A lot of talk as Jerry Jeudy as a trade target. Has he ever really done anything to be a coveted WR?

Whenever I've seen Jeudy make a catch there's very little separation and very little YAC. Disclosure, I have probably only seen 3 games of Jeudy's whole career. So genuinely curious why teams would be interested in grabbing him off the Broncos.
I really thought he would explode as a deep threat with wilson who throws/threw the best deep ball but I don't know poo poo

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

He was boosted as a crispy as gently caress route runner in college which his lack of seperation at the NFL level makes weird. Dude has a case of stone hands as well. Basically Amari Cooper with fewer yards

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think he's being misused in Denver because to me he always projected as one of those guys you had to use in the slot and move around a bunch. I think he's been fine in some systems but I he doesnt' strike me as a WR1.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He was boosted as a crispy as gently caress route runner in college which his lack of seperation at the NFL level makes weird. Dude has a case of stone hands as well. Basically Amari Cooper with fewer yards

Amari Cooper but smaller, no contested catch ability, worse route running, and not physical at all. What's the interest?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Amari Cooper but smaller, no contested catch ability, worse route running, and not physical at all. What's the interest?

Same as any former first rounder that's put up at least some production. Next team will totally unlock his full potential

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Carolina needs a burner for PJ to unleash the dragon.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm still in denial that Jeudy is a bust. I can't figure it out. Like I thought there was virtually no difference between him and Justin Jefferson.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

KC will trade Mecole Hardman or you can wait until next season when he’s definitely not a chief.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

kiimo posted:

I'm still in denial that Jeudy is a bust. I can't figure it out. Like I thought there was virtually no difference between him and Justin Jefferson.

Wouldn't call him a bust just on him being 15 overall and looking like a guy that should start at receiver for another 5-8 years. Underwhelming for sure.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

You literally just traded away that guy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's why they need one. preferably not 30 also. LFG!!!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

Justin Jefferson was forged in the crucible of terrible LSU offensive football. His OCs his first two years were Matt Canada and Steve Ensminger (sans Joe Brady). That’s like Goku training in 10x earth gravity.

Jeudy had it too easy playing with Hurts and Tua and three other first round receivers on an offense invented in this century.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wandler20 posted:

You literally just traded away that guy.

A burner who won't put in 50% effort and then cry on the sidelines.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Stumbled on an old video of perfect commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRynZ2xrWsI

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

davecrazy posted:

Smacks his face hard enough to shatter his eye socket and no face mask or hands to the face flag thrown. Great refs we have.

Literally neither rule applies to the play :confused:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've been asked to watch the play and comment. it wouldn't have been a huge mistake to call a facemask on the play, but it would have been wrong. the player doesn't grab the facemask and touching them or pushing them for a momet in the open field is not a penalty. he isn't trying to do anything besides reach out at bellinger while arriving to the play in order to provide help against a tight end as he's trained to do; there's no obvious path and time to set up some sort of dirty play idea. terribly unsafe game. first down.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Pablo Bluth posted:

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1586051800217559043
Looks like Bellinger will probably be out for a month give or take.

Having an orbital floor blowout fracture is almost universally from a direct blow to the eye socket from a really loving hard punch. The physics of how this could happen with a helmet and face mask on must be insane. 1 finger death punch.

Did this travel through time from 3 years ago? When is the last time NFL kneeling was ever talked about??

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Oct 29, 2022

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How did Matt Canada ever get the Steelers job? Cronyism?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Asproigerosis posted:

Did this travel through time from 3 years ago? When is the last time NFL kneeling was ever talked about??

I dunno, I've met a lot of older black people who've lived in Philly their whole lives and refused to root for the Phils because they were the last team to integrate; and I've met people who grew up in Virginia and Carolina (pre-Panthers) who were Cowboys fans because Washington was the last in the NFL to do it. Three years feels like a pretty small amount of time to hold a grudge against a team because the owners threatened to punish players for engaging in a civil rights protest.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Asproigerosis posted:

Wait, there's an expiration date on bad things teams do? This is great news for the Browns.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I meant more in the sense that he just now decided to take this stance and not years ago when it happened.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The best time to say gently caress The Cowboys was yesterday. The next best time is today.

Shame about the Browns part, though.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

How did Matt Canada ever get the Steelers job? Cronyism?

yes, roethlisberger pushed him and Tomlin didn't want to fire him after one year once roethlisberger retired.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's always a good time to say gently caress the Cowboys.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Mega64 posted:

It's always a good time to say gently caress the Cowboys.

Amen

And when someone (like Lebron in this case) turns to God’s light you don’t go asking them why they didn’t do it sooner

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Asproigerosis posted:

I meant more in the sense that he just now decided to take this stance and not years ago when it happened.

He wasn't taking a stand. He was asked about the cowboys since he used to be a fan and answered the question.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Malik Willis time!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1586429175145328640

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hell yeah.

Weirdly this is the first start Tannehill will miss since he first joined the Tits. For a guy that was seen as kinda fragile he was a loving Ironman on the Tits.

Excited to see how Willis does, even if it's a loss (since the Texans love to play us close).

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

SunshineDanceParty posted:

He wasn't taking a stand. He was asked about the cowboys since he used to be a fan and answered the question.

Sorry, I only read headlines and don't watch the vids/read articles.

I'm a very informed voter.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Mega64 posted:

Hell yeah.

Weirdly this is the first start Tannehill will miss since he first joined the Tits. For a guy that was seen as kinda fragile he was a loving Ironman on the Tits.

Excited to see how Willis does, even if it's a loss (since the Texans love to play us close).

He was always an iron-man. He had one bad injury that was mishandled and cost him a season and a half, apart from that he handled endless games behind some awful lines.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Will no longer be cheering for farts because they stink. I will now be cheering for poops.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

Will no longer be cheering for farts because they stink. I will now be cheering for poops.

Good to see a new Browns fan

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1586416084311511040

I don't think the giants can afford him, or can only juuuusssttt pull it off but Giants/Rams make a lot of sense

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Met my brother for a coffee earlier, had his baby with him. Where we were sitting the sun was in her face so my brother put his packers hat on her head to shield her eyes. Bloke walking past goes "oh getting her used to disappointment early I see".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1586416084311511040

I don't think the giants can afford him, or can only juuuusssttt pull it off but Giants/Rams make a lot of sense

gently caress off Chargers