Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Fezz posted:

Here's the first half of October's Synthia's Selects:

The Brain that Wouldn't Die - 1:24:53 - Emily - Halloween is no fun on Monday
The Undead - 30:40 - Emily - Space is the endpoint for horror franchise
Bride of the Monster - 56:55 - Emily - Halloween candy

And here is the second half:
The Dead Talk Back - 20:25 - Jonah - Hiding weapons in candy
Ring of Terror - 1:07:25 - Jonah - Robot Haunted House
The Unearthly - 18:23 - Jonah - Boys seance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Finally got my 3d glasses. Was a little worried because my mail has been really bad recently.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Got my 3D glasses today. No tracking number or shipping confirmation, so I’ve been wondering when they would show up.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

You all who got glasses: what did they come in? I got a package last week that was an empty box from a printer. I was just sending them an email when I thought maybe it was supposed to be the 3D glasses.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Murdstone posted:

You all who got glasses: what did they come in? I got a package last week that was an empty box from a printer. I was just sending them an email when I thought maybe it was supposed to be the 3D glasses.

I had just the paper ones and it was in a thin cardstock envelope.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mine came in a white cardstock mailer with a note about how glasses are being shipped separately from everything else.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I can't check because I don't know where to do that but I do think I ordered the super-deluxe glasses so it might be them. Oh well. I ordered some cardboard ones anyways for other people to use Friday so at least that should be covered.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I ordered the deluxe version and got them in a small item box (think about the size of a computer's hard disk drive, if that helps). I didn't get any tracking number or alerts it'd be coming. I got it late last week. There were some people in an mst3k thread that posted about it, and some did have an empty box/envelope, some with paper.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Morter posted:

I ordered the deluxe version and got them in a small item box (think about the size of a computer's hard disk drive, if that helps). I didn't get any tracking number or alerts it'd be coming. I got it late last week. There were some people in an mst3k thread that posted about it, and some did have an empty box/envelope, some with paper.
Yeah, that’s it :(

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If the plastic ones aren’t branded in any way (they don’t appear to be), you can get identical ones off amazon in three days.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

I AM GRANDO posted:

If the plastic ones aren’t branded in any way (they don’t appear to be), you can get identical ones off amazon in three days.

The Gizmoplex logo is on one of the arms. But otherwise, they're generic red/blue glasses.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Yeah I ordered a pack of a dozen from Amazon. I was going to need enough for the fam anyways, I just wanted the fancy ones too.

The cardboard ones look more interesting though.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Morter posted:

My box was a little bigger, but it had way too much space for 1 pair of paper glasses and 1 pair of deluxe glasses. I'm guessing they just grabbed whatever boxes they had on hand at this point.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I didn't realize I was getting glasses, so I ordered some on the Amazon

if anybody in the US needs a pair shoot me a pm

I'll send 'em for free :911:

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Murdstone posted:

It was just a 6" x 8" white cardboard mailer from a company called Clark and Riggs in Louisville, KY.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I wish I could find my plastic anaglyphic glasses. I've got to use the paper ones tonight.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's like I'm really here!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I got a good sensible chuckle out of the haunted hot topic joke in the intro.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The 3D stream doesn't seem to be the 3D version of the movie, unless this really quiet mask guy was just shot with one camera.

Edit: Ah, they explained it at the end. Put on your 3D glasses then.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Yeah I’m hoping the volume goes up and the 3d effect kicks in whenever the actual story starts

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

God the sound is awful.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Murdstone posted:

God the sound is awful.

I had to put on headphones.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

I had to put on headphones.

I have headphones on and everything up to max and I'm not entirely certain this wasn't supposed to be a silent movie.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Nope this is gonna be a bail for me. My hearing is already pretty bad from a diving incident, and with volume balance and no 3d I’ll probably just come back for the replay with subtitles. :sigh:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Did he say his secretary's name was "Goodwitch"?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hazo posted:

Nope this is gonna be a bail for me. My hearing is already pretty bad from a diving incident, and with volume balance and no 3d I’ll probably just come back for the replay with subtitles. :sigh:

The cc version is already up I switched to that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Random Stranger posted:

Did he say his secretary's name was "Goodwitch"?

Goodrich, like the tires.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hazo posted:

I'm not going to say you shouldn't pass until there's captioning, but the film's 3D apparently doesn't kick in until the person puts on the mask. So it's only some sequences.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Okay it's not just me, the audio balance on the movie itself is really quiet.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The bots' costumes are amazing.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Okay it's not just me, the audio balance on the movie itself is really quiet.

Add me to the list of people who had to crank the volume on their headphones to hear the film.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well at least the 3D part was suitably trippy.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Nemo2342 posted:

Well at least the 3D part was suitably trippy.

Felt like I accidentally wandered into an early season episode of Knightmare.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Mr Snuffleupagus is real! And he’s dead!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

this is a good ep, great even when they fix the AUDIOOOOOO

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PUT. THE MASK. ON. NOW.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

That one was one of the best this season in my opinion.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I love this ending skit.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Murdstone posted:

That one was one of the best this season in my opinion.

Yeah, that one was really good. Not as good(?) as Munchie, but definitely an outstanding episode. It helps that the movie gave lots of room to riff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

what past movies did they do that were in fact also "3D" movies they could retrofit
its a fun dumb gimmick