Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CobiWann posted:

My friend - "Daniel Garcia's OK in the ring. At best he's a less charismatic Erik Watts."

I have no idea how to respond to this.

What loving Erik Watts is your friend watching where he could even be described as OK in the ring? Is your friend Bill Watts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

CobiWann posted:

My friend - "Daniel Garcia's OK in the ring. At best he's a less charismatic Erik Watts."

I have no idea how to respond to this.

i too have a friend who blasts me with ridiculous wrestling opinions. I just ignore the texts sometimes and link them a cool suplex

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

i too have a friend who blasts me with ridiculous wrestling opinions. I just ignore the texts sometimes and link them a cool suplex

I have a friend who is friends with a fairly well known online wrestling personality who is known for bad takes and he gets the takes that are not shared online, which are even worse.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I saw the Snob had a Ric Flair's Last Match poster up and had to see if he was one of the people who bought a custom 3D printed action figure. Sadly he couldn't get off work to go, but he did post this:

https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1552925172608401409

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1585841646083936256?t=hOUicpp2zjNKiCbwD5qrZA&s=19

Finally MLW and NOAH will stop censoring this man for his incendiary options.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/KaujuanR/status/1585992866169782272

Apparently all joshi wrestle the same style. Huh.

https://twitter.com/Khanophile/status/1585980441898930181

Also an unironic Nick Khan fan account.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Why are wrestling fans so loving weird?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
If there's one thing I've learned over the last year and a half since getting back into pro wrestling, it's that a ton of people who don't actually watch wrestling have some very strong opinions about things they have not actually seen personally and in their entirety. A truly remarkable phenomenon

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drakkel posted:

Why are wrestling fans so loving weird?

Drakkel posted:

wrestling fans

I think we found the problem

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wrestling fans are weird because all people who obsess over entertainment are weird, and wrestling is designed to get you obsessed in ways other forms of entertainment aren't.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The whole "my personal identity as a human consists solely of the brands I consume" thing is so hosed up because one of the cool things about this PWI is that it will hopefully encourage people who have never seen Stardom before to give it a try, and hopefully some people do. These weirdos are taking Bianca being #2 like a personal insult and it almost feels kinda like the console wars all over again

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am just wondering what caused that guy to pick Kevin Durant. I would pick the MVP.

https://twitter.com/johdevu/status/1586003011498909697

I am being attacked for my anti-CM Punk views :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I unironically think that Colt Cabana vs Jericho would slap, more so with a DO vs JAS brawl outside then Hangman comes out so we get Hangman vs Jericho later on.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
colt cabana should just wrestle more, anyway. he's always fun as hell and can pull out some solidly impressive moves when he wants to

i do also want to see a matt classic match even if it's just a one-off

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Wrestling fans are weird because all people who obsess over entertainment are weird, and wrestling is designed to get you obsessed in ways other forms of entertainment aren't.

Wrestling also appeals to a certain type of fan in a way that only certain other media can. Anything that has a lot of meaningless info to gather, classify, and then lord over as "intelligence" gets these dudes.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gumball Gumption posted:

Wrestling also appeals to a certain type of fan in a way that only certain other media can. Anything that has a lot of meaningless info to gather, classify, and then lord over as "intelligence" gets these dudes.

I just wanna watch big and little people in cool costumes do tricks or have soap operas about magic urns, betrayal, and space jam tie-ins, oh also Sammy getting chased by golf carts

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also the angle leading into Flair's match was built around legitimate animosities and the work was projected by everyone's greed. No real lore building or storytelling required.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

MassRafTer posted:

I am just wondering what caused that guy to pick Kevin Durant. I would pick the MVP.

https://twitter.com/johdevu/status/1586003011498909697

I am being attacked for my anti-CM Punk views :(

KD is incredibly online and gets into tweet slapfights with strangers. While he's oftten funny it's like cmon man why you getting into this

Anyways cause of that he's's prob revered as a deity by the folks who are MCs of this thread, moreso than Jokic and Giannis etc

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MarkMaddenX/status/1585721168685805569

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/kaylabraxtonwwe/status/1585976529917726720?s=46&t=3UgUgbsIn64xHFxBAwEzFQ

Posting a pic of my wage servant because I didn’t like the service

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

there's not a lot of service in getting kicked out of the car because you didn't say hello

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/Adamrolston4/status/1585770706486165504

I don't get why people are so resistant to having to go to YouTube or even Google to look someone up if they don't know who they are. Bianca not taking the #1 spot this year has broken so many brains and I hope it happens again next year. Also there is some irony in a huge fan of anime saying that you shouldn't have to look up characters on a wiki if you want to understand them.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 28, 2022

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

flatluigi posted:

there's not a lot of service in getting kicked out of the car because you didn't say hello

Well it’s a good thing that’s not what happened then!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

These same people would flip their poo poo if someone said "Who's Bianca?"

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Gonna safely assume there's more to the story than Karen Braxton is letting on

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Davros1 posted:

It's not exclusive to wrestling fans, tbh. Look at what happened when Maria Sharapova said she wasn't familiar with Sachin Tendulkar.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It is amazing seeing the people who endlessly whine about having to google wrestlers from AAA or NJPW who show up in AEW cause they don't want to learn about anything outside the show they're watching but have no problem scrounging through HTML and scanning QR codes just to watch a 3 second clip from a youtube video to find answers to a mystery that's already been solved for them

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

It is amazing seeing the people who endlessly whine about having to google wrestlers from AAA or NJPW who show up in AEW cause they don't want to learn about anything outside the show they're watching but have no problem scrounging through HTML and scanning QR codes just to watch a 3 second clip from a youtube video to find answers to a mystery that's already been solved for them

That’s a hell of a claim you are making there, but seeing as i remember those arguments, and that wasn’t what people were saying, i suspect you are getting mad at a person you are making up in your head

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

That’s a hell of a claim you are making there, but seeing as i remember those arguments, and that wasn’t what people were saying, i suspect you are getting mad at a person you are making up in your head

They definitely aren't making up a person this person is many people and they are on twitter dot com my favorite website.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
This women's ranking drama exposes everyone's terrible opinions. Much in the same way the men's ranking exposes taichi deniers this women's list exposes maki Itoh deniers

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

cagliostr0 posted:

This women's ranking drama exposes everyone's terrible opinions. Much in the same way the men's ranking exposes taichi deniers this women's list exposes maki Itoh deniers

Next issue is the Tag Team rankings :unsmigghh:

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
This is the natural continuation of wrestling internet confused about top talents from Japan this summer, with such great hits as:

"Who is Okada? I shouldn't have to look him up, AEW should've told me about him on Dynamite with a video package even though it was a huge surprise when he showed up."
and
"Who is Shibata? I shouldn't have to look him up, AEW should've told me about him on this NJPW crossover PPV they've promoted for weeks even though it was a huge surprise when he showed up."

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Bonk posted:

This is the natural continuation of wrestling internet confused about top talents from Japan this summer, with such great hits as:

"Who is Okada? I shouldn't have to look him up, AEW should've told me about him on Dynamite with a video package even though it was a huge surprise when he showed up."
and
"Who is Shibata? I shouldn't have to look him up, AEW should've told me about him on this NJPW crossover PPV they've promoted for weeks even though it was a huge surprise when he showed up."

I’m sorry I need at least 4 consecutive weeks of video packages with a voiceover promo that ends in an awkwardly long shot of the wrestler looking very serious before I can recognize them.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The funnier thing about the KD analogy is its quite appropriate given the average basketball fan too. Syuri is closer to a Jokic in not being in the biggest market but being far and away the best player whereas KD is a guy whose not even in the top 10 of mvp for this season (only five games in but still). So it is purely name recognition and big market rather than current talent.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

I'm so disconnected from WWE since 2011-2012 that I don't know who she is. At the other hand, in the last 2 years I've learned a lot from joshi wrestling so... :frogbon:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

What's my response supposed to be to this?

"oh my god I'm so sorry that happened to you!!!!!!!!!"?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He should try stand up.

https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1585812490687893506

Meanwhile my favorite stand up...

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Pinche Rudo posted:

I’m sorry I need at least 4 consecutive weeks of video packages with a voiceover promo that ends in an awkwardly long shot of the wrestler looking very serious before I can recognize them.
(checks inventory)

Best I can do is August 1 Warning, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1585972829287108608?t=AvQP9I7BfgUbQUf6rd4Bmw&s=19