Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

well the ukraine war happened and that meant the democrats had to stop everything except sending ukraine 40 billion dollars worth of guns every couple of months

and fundraising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

weirdly, "we'll send all your tax dollars to another country to try and start world war 3" hasn't been polling well lately

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it's proof of russian fake news and chinese brainwashing through tiktoks

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Add this to the list of Democratic worries ahead of the midterms: Younger voters — a cornerstone of the party’s electoral coalition — make up a smaller share of early and absentee voters so far than they did in 2020.

More than 15 million voters have already cast their midterm ballots, according to the United States Elections Project. But young voters have contributed to a smaller fraction of that turnout compared to this time two years ago, according to interviews and a POLITICO analysis of voter data.

The party has had high hopes that younger voters motivated by the Supreme Court’s scuttling of abortion rights and President Joe Biden’s cancellation of some student debt would turn out in force — and help them to defy losses that the party in power typically suffers in midterm elections. They could still show up to the polls on Election Day. But their disappearance from the ranks of early voters so far puts Democrats at a disadvantage, because the party still has to chase their votes instead of banking them ahead of Nov. 8.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol:

In North Carolina, which has a close U.S. Senate race and a set of state legislative races that could determine whether abortion remains legal in the state, the median age of voters who cast ballots through Oct. 26 was 66, according to state data. Voters aged 30 and younger account for just 5.4 percent of ballots cast so far, compared to 16.5 percent of those who voted early or absentee in 2020. Republicans’ share of the early vote is also slightly higher now than it was at the same time two years ago.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Weird that everyone under 66 sees no future in the Dems. Wonder why Lol.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Willa Rogers posted:

Add this to the list of Democratic worries ahead of the midterms: Younger voters — a cornerstone of the party’s electoral coalition — make up a smaller share of early and absentee voters so far than they did in 2020.

More than 15 million voters have already cast their midterm ballots, according to the United States Elections Project. But young voters have contributed to a smaller fraction of that turnout compared to this time two years ago, according to interviews and a POLITICO analysis of voter data.

The party has had high hopes that younger voters motivated by the Supreme Court’s scuttling of abortion rights and President Joe Biden’s cancellation of some student debt would turn out in force — and help them to defy losses that the party in power typically suffers in midterm elections. They could still show up to the polls on Election Day. But their disappearance from the ranks of early voters so far puts Democrats at a disadvantage, because the party still has to chase their votes instead of banking them ahead of Nov. 8.

lol

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
willa voted 15,000,000 times and is going to be sent to FCI Florence for crimes against democracy

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
has anyone heard from gene hackman fan?
Someone allegedly broke into the Pelosi house and attacked Paul Pelosi with a hammer while shouting "where's Nancy?"
doctors are saying he's gonna fully recover, so the story is either fishy or a goon project
How do you beat an 82 year old alcoholic with a hammer and not do lasting damage? Was Paul just that hopped up on adrenochrome? Does his phylactery give him +5 against blunt damage?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

well between the pelosi home invasion and the katie hobbs office burglary that google apparently will not autocomplete, sounds like America is doing juuuuuust fine

:america:

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Willa Rogers posted:

Ah, yes. Doing absolutely nothing about abortion except fundraising and crying about Manchin being a big ol' meanie and then dangling $20k in front of people along with a VOTE message, only to let them see it being ripped away by appointed chudges (who were confirmed in bipartisan votes) right before the election.

Truly a way to make people feel like their vote means anything at all.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Coolness Averted posted:

Someone allegedly broke into the Pelosi house and attacked Paul Pelosi with a hammer while shouting "where's Nancy?"
doctors are saying he's gonna fully recover, so the story is either fishy or a goon project
How do you beat an 82 year old alcoholic with a hammer and not do lasting damage? Was Paul just that hopped up on adrenochrome? Does his phylactery give him +5 against blunt damage?
the funniest part is the hammer. california has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the world and they still saved this dumb old rear end in a top hat.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Man, the lunatics sure are trying to give it back to the Dems at the last minute. Won't help.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

Man, the lunatics sure are trying to give it back to the Dems at the last minute. Won't help.
no actually undecided voters are motivated by nancy pelosi's husband getting attacked with a hammer in a home invasion.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

TenementFunster posted:

no actually undecided voters are motivated by nancy pelosi's husband getting attacked with a hammer in a home invasion.

been saying this

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

willa voted 15,000,000 times and is going to be sent to FCI Florence for crimes against democracy

:twisted:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

one of the news stories said pelosi was wielding the hammer when the guy took it from him & started attacking him and police showed up while pelosi was getting his rear end beat:

"Police arrived at Pelosi's home around 2:30 a.m., where they found Depape taking a hammer from Paul Pelosi and attacking him with it."

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

Why would young people vote for a party that hates them and tells them to gently caress off and that they will do nothing they support

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Willa Rogers posted:

one of the news stories said pelosi was wielding the hammer when the guy took it from him & started attacking him and police showed up while pelosi was getting his rear end beat:

"Police arrived at Pelosi's home around 2:30 a.m., where they found Depape taking a hammer from Paul Pelosi and attacking him with it."
it says a lot about how much establish dems don't realize calls for political violence on the maga right aren't just kayfabe that the nine-figure-rich, octogenarian spouse of the speaker of the house doesn't have 24-hour security or at least a loving gun. brother, fox news and worse have been stirring these people up for decades. january 6th alone should have been enough of a wakeup call that thousands of freaks out there want to literally kill you.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
the election spam this year is absolutely unreal, is this supposed to get people to vote for [candidate] because it's making me not want to vote for like anything at all

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Parity warning posted:

the election spam this year is absolutely unreal, is this supposed to get people to vote for [candidate] because it's making me not want to vote for like anything at all

it's supposed to trick gullible dem voters into donating all of their money to campaigns run by consultants who get a large percentage of those donations

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I just got a spam text informing me that "Mike Doyle" has retired, and the "Mike Doyle" on the ballot is a different guy :wow:

...but seriously, unironically, the dude currently in the seat is named Mike Doyle, and he's retiring, and one of the candidates to replace him is also named Mike Doyle. this is not relevant to me because lol I'm voting for the person who doesn't loving suck but like I wonder what percentage of the vote he will hoover up from people assuming the incumbent switched parties D -> R

DACK FAYDEN has issued a correction as of 21:34 on Oct 28, 2022

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Mayor Dave posted:

it's supposed to trick gullible dem voters into donating all of their money to campaigns run by consultants who get a large percentage of those donations

it's not even just donation spam and it's from both dem and gop, like multiple spam calls and texts going can i count on you to VOTE? every day

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

It's pretty funny that an octogenarian drunkard decided to take on a home intruder with a hammer. Really speaks to the way these people view themselves. Just lock yourself in a room and call your taxpayer funded armed servants.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Hell, I killed my brother. How hard could this punk be?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
every politcal ad on every website I see is right wing, every news insert on another story is from fox news despite never going there, things are loving bleak

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

decision desk hq switched their prediction to the gop taking the senate, mainly bc they're now projecting oz to win PA.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

Maybe there's some truth to the speculation that COVID makes some people more violent.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1586025192303869953

Biden makes his final appeal to voters, with a week to go until election day: Fiscal responsibility. Deficit reduction.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1586091737424236544?s=20&t=-g7IlF5lyMdstAmzJCXRGg

lmao

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
it was a miracle that roy moore lost, but maga isn't making that mistake again

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

it says a lot about how much establish dems don't realize calls for political violence on the maga right aren't just kayfabe that the nine-figure-rich, octogenarian spouse of the speaker of the house doesn't have 24-hour security or at least a loving gun. brother, fox news and worse have been stirring these people up for decades. january 6th alone should have been enough of a wakeup call that thousands of freaks out there want to literally kill you.

I genuinely wonder about why this is. What is it about the dems that makes them believe that the right is just like them, lacking a political project and only pretending to believe in things in order to play the game of politics for money? This isn't something new, you can point to examples of democrats not understanding that their political opponents are in it to win because they have actual deeply-held beliefs that they won't compromise on all the way back to Kennedy (who hosed around and found out). What is it that makes them refuse to learn the lesson?

The closest working theory I have is that the truth is just too horrible for them to accept but that seems like it would take both shame and self-awareness and I just can't get to the point to where I believe they have either.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

LastInLine posted:

I genuinely wonder about why this is. What is it about the dems that makes them believe that the right is just like them, lacking a political project and only pretending to believe in things in order to play the game of politics for money? This isn't something new, you can point to examples of democrats not understanding that their political opponents are in it to win because they have actual deeply-held beliefs that they won't compromise on all the way back to Kennedy (who hosed around and found out). What is it that makes them refuse to learn the lesson?

The closest working theory I have is that the truth is just too horrible for them to accept but that seems like it would take both shame and self-awareness and I just can't get to the point to where I believe they have either.
it's especially bizarre for somebody who came up alongside Harvey Milk. having security around probably sucks, but even if millions of people didn't think your wife was literally in league with the literal antichrist, the dude is 80+ years old and worth nine figures. that alone would be enough to at least have a guy! and hell, even if he wasn't insanely rich, he didn't even need to buy his own! secret service protection for the family of the speaker of the house is a no brainer. they'd probably even drive you places so you wouldn't have to catch a DUI! i'm sure the USSS is getting calls from EVERYONE from Hunter on down today.

trump never driving anywhere because he's rich as poo poo is the most i've ever understood that guy.

but yeah, i like your theory. a lot of these long-time establishment boomers (and silents! jesus!) got used to the "cold war consensus" where they happily gave away all the benefits of the New Deal and Great Society to please the opposing party and their donor base. they want to pretend that when the cameras are off, they clock out like Wile E. Coyote and Sam Sheepdog and grab drinks together. they don't understand that even Marjorie Taylor Greene or Paul Gosar would love to see them dead, much less her social media constituency.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
they're gonna try the fake electors thing again in 2024 and it is gonna work now that they will have the votes in the house, scotus, and especially the senate rofl

it's gonna be an apartheid minority rule country until all of us are dead.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

decision desk hq switched their prediction to the gop taking the senate, mainly bc they're now projecting oz to win PA.

538 still has Dems keeping it but it's the closest they've ever had it (52%-48%) which, if that's the best outlook for the most favorable predictor for the Dems a week away, yeah this is gonna be a bloodbath even by our expectations :rip:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

they're gonna try the fake electors thing again in 2024 and it is gonna work now that they will have the votes in the house, scotus, and especially the senate rofl

it's gonna be an apartheid minority rule country until all of us are dead.

Why would they need fake electors when in 2024 Biden will lose completely by the book?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

its very funny how the dems, staring down their own destruction, were handed the second biggest bag fumble in contemporary american electoral history in the form of the idiot gop actually touching the third rail of abortion, but then immediately committing the first biggest bag fumble in contemporary american electoral history by completely wasting it and once again falling rear end backwards into the woodchipper

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

its very funny how the dems, staring down their own destruction, were handed the second biggest bag fumble in contemporary american electoral history in the form of the idiot gop actually touching the third rail of abortion, but then immediately committing the first biggest bag fumble in contemporary american electoral history by completely wasting it and once again falling rear end backwards into the woodchipper

I don't disagree that the dems are in general bloviating fuckups but when the dems get destroyed in a few weeks, it's mainly going to be because of global inflationary pressure, which is not something the democratic party could really effectively fight against, even if they somehow wanted to.

The takeaway was always going to be that the Party needs to move to the center though. Even as Pelosi's husband gets his head stapled beck together the dem leadership will be shrieking about how we need to just find more common ground with our misunderstood and well meaning Republican countrymen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

The Pussy Boss posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1586025192303869953

Biden makes his final appeal to voters, with a week to go until election day: Fiscal responsibility. Deficit reduction.

:fork: