Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

andromache posted:

Yeah they get 50mil shitstack which is 100mil if in goonwaffe. Was intended to be a way for people to convert the bpcs they get in delve into some floor of isk. Taking them on ESS roams is perfectly fine.

Would still be spending 170 on materials to build it... well I guess if i was gonna yeet it into a vargur it would basically only cost about 70m, which makes it much cheaper to roam with, and I do have like 5 bpcs... I'm thinking that brave would probably give decent fights to a lovely ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

floppyspud posted:

Would still be spending 170 on materials to build it... well I guess if i was gonna yeet it into a vargur it would basically only cost about 70m, which makes it much cheaper to roam with, and I do have like 5 bpcs... I'm thinking that brave would probably give decent fights to a lovely ship.

They announced at eve Vegas that a lot of the bullshit they added to the build cost will go away soon, so just hold onto them.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

andromache posted:

They announced at eve Vegas that a lot of the bullshit they added to the build cost will go away soon, so just hold onto them.

There's not really much I can do other than hold on to them lol.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
i am back into eve online

some nerds tried to throw shade about delta immediately

i responded respectfully because every breath i take without their permission raises my self esteem

i rammed a drake into a maurauder and its friends and died

https://zkillboard.com/kill/104239868/

i rammed a thorax into some harbingers and they died (and then i died)

https://zkillboard.com/kill/104238517/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/104238520/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/104238541/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/104238541/

i elite pvp 1v1d at the sun and won

https://zkillboard.com/kill/104232789/

my SRP and paps are broken because I don't know how to properly fix them and can't find the thread for the process

eve online

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

i am back into eve online

God forbid.

Do serpentis suck to do missions for? Since you're the mission guy.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

God forbid.

Do serpentis suck to do missions for? Since you're the mission guy.

that's a loaded question; they suck rear end to do the grind for, because there's only 2 agents lmao and they're both in different corps so the whole thing loving sucks but!!

and this is a very important but

they have possibly the most STACKED LP store in the game, it's got multiple grades of implants, low middle and high, and both kinds of implants are fairly desirable, and they have ships that are pretty good

they have asklepian implants, snake implants, daredevil frigates, vigilant cruisers, vindicator battleships, vendetta faction supercarrier blueprints, vehement faction dreadnought blueprints, and vanquisher faction titan blueprints

once you have the standings, running there is the same as running burners anywhere else cause everywhere gives the same missions for burners

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

that's a loaded question; they suck rear end to do the grind for, because there's only 2 agents lmao and they're both in different corps so the whole thing loving sucks but!!

and this is a very important but

they have possibly the most STACKED LP store in the game, it's got multiple grades of implants, low middle and high, and both kinds of implants are fairly desirable, and they have ships that are pretty good

they have asklepian implants, snake implants, daredevil frigates, vigilant cruisers, vindicator battleships, vendetta faction supercarrier blueprints, vehement faction dreadnought blueprints, and vanquisher faction titan blueprints

once you have the standings, running there is the same as running burners anywhere else cause everywhere gives the same missions for burners

Wait they have capital and supercap bpcs for Lp? I thought you could only get them from sotiyos.

Well it's either serpentis which I'm -2 with or blood raider which I'm -7.5 with.

I also did want to try doing amarr missions in aridia, since init need apocalypse navies and with the hac nerfs I wonder if goons will be adopting it too, but lowsec is kinda spooky.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

Wait they have capital and supercap bpcs for Lp? I thought you could only get them from sotiyos.

Well it's either serpentis which I'm -2 with or blood raider which I'm -7.5 with.

I also did want to try doing amarr missions in aridia, since init need apocalypse navies and with the hac nerfs I wonder if goons will be adopting it too, but lowsec is kinda spooky.

specific ones only come from sotiyos and they shouldn't they should be in LP stores, everything is so disjointed in this game

lowsec spoopy and lp value 2 low for me personally but it is strategically valuable for init as an alliance

and out here doing a blood raider genocide were you?

edit: additionally you could just use that character for running and use the other slots on your account as pullers, feeding burner missions to the runner - the skill investment for pulling is like, 2 weeks? not even

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

specific ones only come from sotiyos and they shouldn't they should be in LP stores, everything is so disjointed in this game

lowsec spoopy and lp value 2 low for me personally but it is strategically valuable for init as an alliance

and out here doing a blood raider genocide were you?

edit: additionally you could just use that character for running and use the other slots on your account as pullers, feeding burner missions to the runner - the skill investment for pulling is like, 2 weeks? not even

Yeah, I smartbomb rally points for my main income.

You know how you sort of get standing "ticks" when killing pirates, right? In normal ratting it's usually -0.003 per tick, for smartbomb ratting I get -0.4. My faction standings were bottomed out in a few days of farming.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

Yeah, I smartbomb rally points for my main income.

You know how you sort of get standing "ticks" when killing pirates, right? In normal ratting it's usually -0.003 per tick, for smartbomb ratting I get -0.4. My faction standings were bottomed out in a few days of farming.

that's saucy, are you doing the machariel faction smartbombing specifically at the rally points?

psilocybin laden fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 27, 2022

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Sorry to be "that guy", but what is the current state of EVE now? Back in the day I wanted to be in a wormhole corp and run a "merchant" on the side in Jita. I liked being part of Goons, but I never found an individual corp that I liked being a part of. I want to have fun once in a while and earn enough ISK without outright farming.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Midig posted:

Sorry to be "that guy", but what is the current state of EVE now? Back in the day I wanted to be in a wormhole corp and run a "merchant" on the side in Jita. I liked being part of Goons, but I never found an individual corp that I liked being a part of. I want to have fun once in a while and earn enough ISK without outright farming.

The current state of eve is “toilet” but if you want small wormhole corp with industrial and market core then goosefleet is for you

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4008639&perpage=40&noseen=1

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Kaysette posted:

The current state of eve is “toilet”.

In the same way people say LoL is bad as a meme or has the game legitimately changed?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

captainclaw posted:

Allow me to save you the journey to that poo poo heap

Here's the history summarised (Edit not really in chronological order mostly!):

I won’t quote the whole thing but this was posted recently and is a good summary of current issues. I’m having a good time but that’s despite :ccp: not because of anything they’ve done.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Kaysette posted:

I won’t quote the whole thing but this was posted recently and is a good summary of current issues. I’m having a good time but that’s despite :ccp: not because of anything they’ve done.

I mean, based on just the first 10 points. It seems like the author is somehow unaware that CCP will get flak no matter what they do. Same as in WoW where raid finder and LFG was really hated by a lot of the players base, but if they removed it an equal amount of people would get pissed. Seems like a lose lose situation.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
CCP has a long history of being told "If you do X, Y will happen," and when Y happens are surprised it happened - and then proceed to do Z which makes things even worse.

In that specific case, they made Rorquals hoover up a shitload of resources. When they were told "If you do this, we will mine the poo poo out of space and be untouchable" they went ahead and did it. After 5 or so years of Rorquals making every nullsec bloc ungodly rich and untouchable, they decided to balance with an overcorrection by removing most minerals from nullsec - to the point that some regions had no asteroids at all. For that issue they created a brand new beacon in every nullsec system that has a lovely pity asteroid belt.

Also that overcorrection pretty much halted all capital ship production, since they now require more minerals you can't get anywhere but highsec and PI products. A running joke was that some capships were make of 70% water because of how much was needed.

Despite them constantly stepping on their own toes and applying bandaid after bandaid, it's still a fun and unique game that people play in spite of all that.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I guess when you explain it like that instead of bullet points it makes sense. I can understand that they wanted to give carebears something to strive for though. Could have worked in theory if it demanded more skillpoints and they removed the whole injector thing. Which they probably wont because moneh.

Midig fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 28, 2022

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

that's saucy, are you doing the machariel faction smartbombing specifically at the rally points?

Yeah, I'm using a machariel mostly because I had one on hand from other endeavours and it's pretty good at it. I specifically run rally points for the 6/10s, which I run in a domi.

Grinding to get into mining because I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys it. The 6/10s a pretty good income but too active for what I would like and far to chance based, so they're just a means to an end.

E: so yeah the 6/10s are why I'm whining about ashimmus, the bpcs are a drop from the escalations. 18m on jita contracts, but nobody builds them so it doesn't matter, they're worthless.

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 28, 2022

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

For the person who's asking about the state of eve, it's dying, as always. but it's not all bad, they've recently had some pretty good announcements and are adding new content for the game for the first time in forever, so that's cool.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Midig posted:

I guess when you explain it like that instead of bullet points it makes sense. I can understand that they wanted to give carebears something to strive for though. Could have worked in theory if it demanded more skillpoints and they removed the whole injector thing. Which they probably wont because moneh.

money and the fact that if they did, there would be 0 catchup mechanic for new players

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Dieting Hippo posted:

In that specific case, they made Rorquals hoover up a shitload of resources. When they were told "If you do this, we will mine the poo poo out of space and be untouchable" they went ahead and did it. After 5 or so years of Rorquals making every nullsec bloc ungodly rich and untouchable, they decided to balance with an overcorrection by removing most minerals from nullsec - to the point that some regions had no asteroids at all. For that issue they created a brand new beacon in every nullsec system that has a lovely pity asteroid belt.

I think CCP produced a slide at Fanfest that at the height of rorq supremacy, 25% of all ore mined in the game was mined in Delve. No wonder GSF was able to poo poo out caps at the rate they did

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

You think I should just go for serpentis? Since they have cracked lp and my blood raider standings are hosed.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Elon Musk has completed his purchase of CCP games of iceland

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Elon Musk has completed his purchase of CCP games of iceland

God, that's a tough one.

On one hand Elon musk has a lot of money and probably has a decent idea to actually do what the fans want.

On the other I loving hate Elon musk.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
you must be on some good drugs

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

You think I should just go for serpentis? Since they have cracked lp and my blood raider standings are hosed.

go for it, you can also sell standings for instant money to me or other members of burn new eden

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I think CCP produced a slide at Fanfest that at the height of rorq supremacy, 25% of all ore mined in the game was mined in Delve. No wonder GSF was able to poo poo out caps at the rate they did

At the height of the rorqual / spod days you could order an unfit supercarrier from the amok shipyards for 6bil. That's where all 3 of my original hels came from. I'd get enough isk together, order another super, because i was like "no way they'll stay this cheap."

And then ~rest of eve~ was shocked when we were able to resupply everyone that lost ships after M2.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I think I got my Nyx, fighters and maybe the base fightclub fit for 15b from Jay, who went into the cap building game for unknown reasons but for the life of me I can't remember when I got that

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

go for it, you can also sell standings for instant money to me or other members of burn new eden

what, like pull missions for people? is it decent money?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Someone fell for isk doubling again

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
delta scams pay off once again

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

The knives finally come out.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

red tracksuits and redder balance sheets

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
I already stripped azo's roles

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Not wide enough

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

I don't know exactly why, but I laughed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009