Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Oh hey yeah someone post this comic it's got some classics. I completely have no idea what it's called or when it ran or if it's still going but we could use more laughers in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

It's called Pop Team Epic. Never actually read it all, be happy to see it posted here.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

Steppe Into The Ring

i never noticed the little scars on her chest. I guess the all multi peek dress shows off a lot.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

A particularly wonderfully terrifying crop. The last one in particular I always like how they leave it to the imagination.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

these three are the ones i think of when i think of this comic

this one cuz my littlest brother is a beatles hater and it makes me laugh

this one i feel is pretty well known

and so on

if anyone wants to post more or if there's like an archive or something go for it. if not maybe i'll do it after BACK is done? we're still only like halfway thru BACK tho so it will be a while.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Post poste posted:

i never noticed the little scars on her chest. I guess the all multi peek dress shows off a lot.

underboob doesn't come up a lot in the comic, but they're there since the beginning. Hell since before the comic

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

these three are the ones i think of when i think of this comic

this one cuz my littlest brother is a beatles hater and it makes me laugh

this one i feel is pretty well known

and so on

if anyone wants to post more or if there's like an archive or something go for it. if not maybe i'll do it after BACK is done? we're still only like halfway thru BACK tho so it will be a while.

god drat that first one got me real good

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I think maybe just hide Demon behind spoiler tags to be polite? Self harm can trigger a lot of people with a history of it, and it's not an imposition to click through some spoiler tags. I'm interested in it, but I'm not going to go read it elsewhere. Reporting it seems a bit much, when you could probably say "yo, I find this upsetting, can you spoiler it please?" Instead.

That stuff doesn't bother me, honestly the only stuff in this thread that I find upsetting is some of the body horror in Whomp. Not like bad enough for me to ask it to be spoilered or anything.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Ronnie squeezing leftovers out of his beard made me grimace. I think that's a first for Whomp!

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CPColin posted:

Ronnie squeezing leftovers out of his beard made me grimace. I think that's a first for Whomp!

haha i read it on my phone at first and didn't even notice this detail until i went back and checked it loving baaaaaarf lmao

B Squad Leader
Nov 1, 2009

What happened to the Narts saga? Perfect artisinal blend of Heck Yeah and Uhh What for this thread IMO

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

That crosswalk is on a normal road, and there’s a livestream you can watch of it. There’s a nonstop parade of tourists blocking traffic to do the pose

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Ziv Zulander posted:

That crosswalk is on a normal road, and there’s a livestream you can watch of it. There’s a nonstop parade of tourists blocking traffic to do the pose

That’s why the Beatles haters set the mines

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Witch Vasenka's War: The Search for an Eternal Life II

The Search for an Eternal Life; or How the Witch Got Her Gun. Thanks again to the poster that pointed out that this is flashback, I thought it was strange that Vasenka got another S&W number 3.

Bonus page:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pop team epic got an anime adaptation with some incredibly weird format decisions. I feel like that's the only way to keep the authentic chaotic energy

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
im to high to deal and read all this poo poo right now so i'm just going to leave it at:

its already timged, so i'll continue that
and i'll put a cw before it if suicide is in that update

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
the real question is how many updates WON'T need that cw. It kinda comes up a lot

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
enq

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That quote!=edit mix-up looks(e: looked) sarcastic as hell lmao

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

B Squad Leader posted:

What happened to the Narts saga? Perfect artisinal blend of Heck Yeah and Uhh What for this thread IMO

i reported them all, sorry. the narts are in prison now

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Yeah, it feels like those strips in Demon are more of an instruction manual for suicide. It definitely feels like there's a big difference between that and something like this:

so maybe a better line is "graphic / realistic depictions of suicide", in the same way that most posters here can tell where the line's to be drawn between violence and graphic / realistic depictions of violence.

Although equally if someone were like "actually no the nedroid comic would also wreck my day" then w/e, not like clicking a spoiler link is a massive effort

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Whybird posted:

Although equally if someone were like "actually no the nedroid comic would also wreck my day" then w/e, not like clicking a spoiler link is a massive effort

The nedroid strip totally ruins my day cos I start thinking about the embarrassing things I did as a teenager.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaàáââãäa

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

And now for a comic that has never caused any kind of controversy on the forums: Kate Beaton’s Hark! A Vagrant.

For fun and to practice with stories and ink washes, I am starting a story I can pick up now and again. I think it will be easier to update more also with little projects on the go! Perhaps you will see my sloppy handiwork turn into a beautiful swaaannnnn

in which thus unnamed young sir is bad at confrontation.

I’m working on another comic that should be up today or tomorrow, but my muse here has made me drop everything for her. Wednesday is not my cat, she is Emily’s. Whenever Emily and Jeremy are gone as they are this weekend, Wednesday turns into the biggest weirdo and stalks me for days and days and rubs her face on me and is affectionate. This is alien, and when they get back this evening she will return to not caring about me at all.

Florence Nightingale should can it!

So Spike was the one who told me about Mary Seacole, and I had never heard of her! What a dope I am! But then when I read about her, I got super into it because the woman is so drat rad and I love heroes and then I couldn’t think of a joke and then I didn’t even care because I just want everyone to know Mary Seacole existed in case they didn’t, like me! I freaking love her!

ps I know Florence Nighingale is well regarded but she looks like an uptight bitch in her photos! She is no longer my favorite Crimean War nurse. I didn’t even have a list before, but now I do!

Rolling In Her Grave

Why is Jane Austen all over the god dang place these days? People are peddling her out for every half brained new item they can attach to her already stretched thin name! Recently of all things there is a Pride and Prejudice comic. I thought Marvel was a company with talent, that thing looks terrible! Someone oughta tell these chumps there is only one person who can make a proper Jane Austen comic and THAT IS ME.

If you are thinking about mentioning the book Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, permit me to assure you, I have about 300 emails on the topic already, consider me informed

It has been a while since we saw this little fella and I had this comic lying around so I thought I would put it up!

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
The Narts poster got Norted and is now preparing to post the Txartns.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Vagabong posted:

:clint: Don't messartn with Txartn

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Well now we know what’s up with the bears

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Demon loving sucks, thanks for quitting with that poo poo. This dude casually killing himself as the setup of an escape room puzzle is an unredeemable start.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I miss Thorsby

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
There's still Accidental Space Spy.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Mindless posted:

Demon loving sucks, thanks for quitting with that poo poo. This dude casually killing himself as the setup of an escape room puzzle is an unredeemable start.

It's not an escape room puzzle and the protagonist is not trapped in any meaningful sense of the word. At least not yet

Without going into too much spoiler territory, Demon is the kind of comic that's always gonna be really hit or miss with people. It's clever in that it adheres strictly to its own internal logic in a Thorsby-esque way, but it also very, very heavily relies on shock value. Once the plot opens up more and you get what's actually going on, it's much more interesting. That said, the protagonist is intentionally an incredibly awful person and the main conflict he gets involved in really only happens because he's such a piece of poo poo. The draw of it isn't that you're really rooting for him to succeed or anything, because him winning will never make anything better for anyone, it's just to see what kind of gratuitous spectacle the author is gonna pull out, how the protagonist is gonna find himself cornered, and what awful yet clever solution he'll come up with to get out of it. As an example, two words: cum knife. A lot of people simply aren't gonna want to pay the price of admission there, so to speak, and that's perfectly understandable

That said, I don't know how well its format would work in a thread like this. The comic itself is a really fast read. You can probably go through the whole thing in two hours. But it's also a LOT of pages, and limiting it to a handful of pages per post will kill the pacing. In light of all that, my suggestion would be to just upload all the pages of each chapter into an imgur album and link to that. Avoids posting sensitive content in-line, doesn't take up a ton of space on the page, maintains the pacing, and saves the poster from having to commit to hundreds of days of posting it

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 14:56 on Oct 29, 2022

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

B Squad Leader posted:

Vagabong posted:

I had been posting Narts but took a break from posting when my fiance got COVID. Then my break continued because I got COVID. We are both healthy now but really behind on everything so my posting break continues. I might get back to it next week? Idk

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tree Bucket posted:

The nedroid strip totally ruins my day cos it reminds me that Fools Infinite won't get off their lazy rear end and start drawing more of them

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Kit Walker posted:

it's just to see what kind of gratuitous spectacle the author is gonna pull out

I was already unenjoying it as hard as possible, was still trying to wait to see if it might be building up to anything not complete poo poo, but if this is all it is then no thanks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kit Walker posted:

That said, I don't know how well its format would work in a thread like this. The comic itself is a really fast read. You can probably go through the whole thing in two hours. But it's also a LOT of pages, and limiting it to a handful of pages per post will kill the pacing. In light of all that, my suggestion would be to just upload all the pages of each chapter into an imgur album and link to that. Avoids posting sensitive content in-line, doesn't take up a ton of space on the page, maintains the pacing, and saves the poster from having to commit to hundreds of days of posting it

Or and hear me out here because this might me crazy

It's a webcomic that's already posted in one easy to read location, instead of saving each page and then uploading to imgur you could just go and read it on the website it's posted at?

http://www.shigabooks.com/?page=001

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon
Not actually a comic, but it's by the Rice Boy guy, so I figured it would fit.

https://twitter.com/evandahm/status/1585690022262755328?s=20&t=Hg-9kIudSAZUhrq4V0yPJg

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Len posted:

It's a webcomic that's already posted in one easy to read location, instead of saving each page and then uploading to imgur you could just go and read it on the website it's posted at?]
that could be said of any comic in this thread for the most part, ha

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't remember enough about Demon to have a strong opinion on it in particular, but this is basically where I read webcomics so if we're just linking to stuff elsewhere I'm generally not gonna bother. If someone takes the time to put it in here, then I'll give it a chance.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't remember enough about Demon to have a strong opinion on it in particular, but this is basically where I read webcomics so if we're just linking to stuff elsewhere I'm generally not gonna bother. If someone takes the time to put it in here, then I'll give it a chance.

:same:

If you direct me to the website it will just sit in an open tab for months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Golden Dragon posted:

Not actually a comic, but it's by the Rice Boy guy, so I figured it would fit.