Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Bad Purchase posted:

what he's asking for, even ignoring the printer part of it, is absurd and shows how little he understands about actual professional software development. most of the work on a mature product like twitter is likely small patches, bugfixes, etc., not whole new standalone units of code that it would even make sense to assemble into a monolithic report.

like, if someone asked me to print out the last however many lines of code i wrote, my first question would be how many lines of context do you want in the diffs? or should i just grab whole files and highlight the lines i changed? i don't know what twitter's process is like, but most likely the diffs in the average pull request would be nearly meaningless and unreviewable without all of the other existing code in view as well, not to mention interface definitions and other documentation to reference to ensure what's implemented does what's intended.

very, very little of actual software work is like those online coding challenges, where you have a neat and tidy algorithm in a vacuum to talk about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Musk is very familiar with going berserk for mysterious reasons.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

No way they’d let some random idiot be boss just because he has the most money invested…

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is this real?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So bro... Uh.... Hey, here's a Natty .. so yeah why, uh, why did you, uh ... Decide to do ... Uhhhhhh... That there?

Well, without that, the compiler would throw an error. Because of syntax

Oh right right right, trick question good you caught it.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Yes, they pulled his texts for the deposition.

https://twitter.com/techemails/status/1585804674170355712

maximum amazing

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
More like maximum cringe.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
hahaha musk saying "i don't think anyone should be the boss of anyone" is the most biggest obvious lie i've ever seen from him

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ror posted:

maximum amazing

lmao

a few months later and the CEO is the bad guy, because he won't let Elon wriggle out of buying the company, and must be fired asap

the 🔥🔥 is the bridge he's about to burn

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

i'm totally in with the hardcore programmer types ya feel me?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nobody should be the boss of anybody else, but I must be able to fire anyone who disagrees with me.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ror posted:

maximum amazing

I want to see the bag of meth he did in the 10 minutes of writing that poo poo. :okpos:

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
If news outlets had usable websites instead of whatever the gently caress happens when you click a NYT or CNN link, this could have all been avoided.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

shame on an IGA posted:

$45bn is a terrible price for a dying social media site but a pretty good deal for every journalist on earth's DMs

100% dead serious enormous problem that I haven't heard anyone else bring up yet. Everyone who has ever used twitter for any private conversations, EVER, is completely compromised. Doesn't matter if accounts were deleted years ago, everything's right there for the taking

E: hey, state actors reading this thread: give us some kind of finder's fee for the idea after you call your commanding officer

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 29, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

how secure do you think it was before? wasn't there a revolving door of saudi agents working at twitter already? and at least according to that security guy who testified about the bad practices a month or two ago, tons of people have access to the production systems.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Finding out that story about the engineers getting fired was fake was the most disappointing thing I've seen all week. I should've known a story as hilarious as "man fired by Elon can't afford Tesla" was too good to be true.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

TwoPair posted:

Finding out that story about the engineers getting fired was fake was the most disappointing thing I've seen all week. I should've known a story as hilarious as "man fired by Elon can't afford Tesla" was too good to be true.

On the other hand, it's always hilarious seeing how poorly modern "journalists" do their job, so who's to say if that story's good or bad.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wifi Toilet posted:

On the other hand, it's always hilarious seeing how poorly modern "journalists" do their job, so who's to say if that story's good or bad.

Yeah chin up, ligma made national news :)

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Sentient Data posted:

100% dead serious enormous problem that I haven't heard anyone else bring up yet. Everyone who has ever used twitter for any private conversations, EVER, is completely compromised. Doesn't matter if accounts were deleted years ago, everything's right there for the taking

E: hey, state actors reading this thread: give us some kind of finder's fee for the idea after you call your commanding officer

this is why every real-deal journalist on twitter has "contact me on signal #12345679" in their bio

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Looking forward to when Elon buys an airline and immediately suggests that they make the whole plane out of the black box material

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Honestly I appreciate the fact that this community sees elon for the dumb richboi that he is

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
I know Twitter had a lot of bad. I also know it had a bit of good. I won't mourn the loss of the it at all, but I am pretty excited to see how quickly advertisers and users flee the site/app, and how quickly Elon costs himself and his billionaire boys a good chunk of change. The site has been hemorrhaging money, and yanking it off the market and allowing everyone to tweet the n-word as much as they want is just going to make the money loss go even faster. It owns. Like everything Elon does, he just lives to own himself.

You how in movies/TV shows where out-of-touch writers try to insert some sort of stereotypical cool-brah lingo or lines for characters from subcultures they don't understand or know anything about and it sounds super cringey? Some monkey with a typewriter wrote that line in Elon's brain and he actually put it out into the universe.

worm girl posted:

You may be unhappy to learn that that dude is a huge misogynist and islamophobe who rode to popularity on the gamergate/MRA wave of the mid 2010s. Yes it's weird that he's also anti-Trump and doesn't like Musk, but broken clocks and all.

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

If you want good takedown deep dives, look into Common Sense Skeptic's YouTube. Don't let the chud name fool you. Unlike Thunderfoot, CSS seems to have his head screwed on right and doesn't have a hate boner for :females: lady video game reviewers.
Thanks for the tips. I hadn't looked into whatever else that dude has made, but I definitely don't to be riding on that train of suck.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Twitter is now changing it's name to Teslar.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lol what a rube

https://twitter.com/TechEmails/status/1585804677588787200?s=20&t=A6iTAUZAucL-l-H7ZXsZ4Q

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

PITY BONER posted:

You how in movies/TV shows where out-of-touch writers try to insert some sort of stereotypical cool-brah lingo or lines for characters from subcultures they don't understand or know anything about and it sounds super cringey? Some monkey with a typewriter wrote that line in Elon's brain and he actually put it out into the universe.

He’s like a character from The Big Bang Theory made manifest.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Zugzwang posted:

Looking forward to when Elon buys an airline and immediately suggests that they make the whole plane out of the black box material

lol musk is an ironman rick, he already built space ships himself, making an air plane is just like making a space ship but doing the button under space. bing bang boom so easy.

reminder that there's musk stan twitter posts that go "lol why does NOAA still use prop planes for their hurricane planes? lol WW1 tech? Musk should let them borrow his rockets. to fly into the hurricanes. im a very smart human that knows how hurricanes work and didnt just drunk/high skim the wikipedia page"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Zugzwang posted:

"Welcome aboard MuskAir, where we live by the words 'Go Fast and Break Things' - in lieu of a safety briefing, please enjoy this video on the life of our founder, and world's specialest boy, Elon Musk. We'll be in the air in a couple seconds because waiting for take off clearance is job-killing regulation."

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Tesla Planes could inexplicably crash into schools and orphanages when ever the autopilot is on, and Musk fanboys would still try to defend him

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Zugzwang posted:

Welcome to MuskAir, In the event of an emergency the doors will lock and the batteries will ignite

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Musk fanboys are the worst.

https://twitter.com/Terry_Djony/status/1575762004588916736

The Awesomesaurus posted:

He’s like a character from The Big Bang Theory made manifest.
Since he agreed to be on the show, he might actually be a huge fan and deeply relate to the characters.

lol

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The fact that Elon laid off Mr ligma and Mr Johnson is just bullshit

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Love all the professional, c-suite chat and then the loving bumbling idiot Musk responses

How I loathe this man

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I'm going to print out 50 pages of code but it's actually just ASCII Art of a hydra with dicks for heads.

I will be immediately hired

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

MiracleFlare posted:

I'm going to print out 50 pages of code but it's actually just ASCII Art of a hydra with dicks for heads.

I will be immediately hired

Oh so that's what hardcore code means

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a good boss would ask to review the last 50 shitposts you made on company time

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

a good boss would ask to review the last 50 shitposts you made on company time

sorry but ur fired

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kru posted:

sorry but ur fired

here's $10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
lmao:

WSJ posted:

As part of the deal, Twitter will add about $13 billion of debt. Analysts estimate, based on terms previously laid out in documents related to the transaction, that Twitter would be on the hook for annual interest payments of more than $1 billion, compared with some $51 million in 2021. Twitter has posted average annual earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization of about $700 million over the past five years.

Because some of the buyout debt is expected to be a floating rate, Twitter could end up paying more, analysts said, based on the details previously laid out in the documents. The Federal Reserve has raised rates this year and is expected to do so again in November.

elon's gonna lose so much loving money

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Klyith posted:

lmao:

elon's gonna lose so much loving money
Maybe he’ll flee to Mars to escape the collectors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I bet they have nice desk chairs at twitter hq. Maybe I'll go snag one when they liquidate assets