Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
E: after seeing the other post, yeah, I guess that is how it started and you’re right that it’s a loving mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
There are so many clear psychos on these forums who evade any kind of moderation for one reason or another. It turns out some "leftists" are actually psychos that brandish society's inequities as a cudgel against people who notice they're insanely toxic. It's become a hallmark of these forums!

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Goons: "I don't appreciate that we're now sharing the forums with Stormfront and they're over there explicitly lusting for the death of undesirables."
Others: "Woah, let's not get political. This smells like forum drama so everyone stfu."

Also spotted from goons themselves in one of the Eve threads, where someone quoted another's explicit genocide denial/encouragement and was met with a half dozen replies of "uhh, this is a space fantasy game, let's leave politics :jerkbag: out of it." Some people just don't think twice about breaking bread with cryptofascists.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
There are a lot of freaks online - who is to say who is wrong? Whats important os that a space is provided where the holdomor can be discussed (ranted) about for the 10000x time in order to clarify that certain historical figures were monsters/right/clumsy.

Jeffrey should restrict accounts to 1 hour per forum per day unless the user pays a one time fee of $1000 to upgrade to an unlimited account.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/29/us/colorado-missing-hiker-rescue-train-trnd/index.html

In current events a lost hiker was found by a train rider in SW Colorado. Good day gor trains and lost hikers alike

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 29, 2022

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Grip it and rip it posted:

In current events a lost hiker was found by a train rider in SW Colorado. Good day gor trains and lost hikers alike

We regret to inform you the train had horrible political ideas on women.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Milo and POTUS posted:

lmao wow. Pure loving scum.

the right wing has always been scum. people are still hopping mad that more people weren't killed at Kent State.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Cugel the Clever posted:

Goons: "I don't appreciate that we're now sharing the forums with Stormfront and they're over there explicitly lusting for the death of undesirables."
Others: "Woah, let's not get political. This smells like forum drama so everyone stfu."

Also spotted from goons themselves in one of the Eve threads, where someone quoted another's explicit genocide denial/encouragement and was met with a half dozen replies of "uhh, this is a space fantasy game, let's leave politics :jerkbag: out of it." Some people just don't think twice about breaking bread with cryptofascists.

I want to say the nice part of that eve saga was the goon in question was immediately discussed by the goon corp and booted the next day. I was part of that and one of the people that complained about the goon in question to people running the show.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/borzou/status/1586384594047500288?s=46&t=pa9vJsWcRQreL7LcMR-2xA

:rip:

Edit: can’t detach the first tweet,

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Gym Jordan just sent a mailer to my parents' house offering, among other things, for people donate their stocks to is campaign/PAC.

Get right hosed.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Tiny Timbs posted:

No, that’s what eventually got Helldump closed but where it started was with goons taking peoples posts on the forum and harassing them over it. Parts of CSPAM function like that without any real moderation. For that particular poster, they were helldumping them over their personal stories, brigading the other thread, and calling him and his family nazis amongst other nasty speculation.

What’s gotten the GBS thread closed repeatedly is not the harassment, brigading, and endless incitement of conflict with source-your-quote posting happening in other threads but the fact that people in GBS thread are pissed about it and keep bringing up that it’s happening. It’s a ridiculous double standard and not good for forums health at all.

I’m annoyed with the whole thing because of how the punishment is focused on the people mentioning the harassing behavior instead of the behavior itself, and the thread just went through a dumb sideshow where an admin shut it down to take feedback and just whined about how they’d rather be getting coffee and watching sports instead of dealing with it before proceeding to do absolutely nothing.

Every pro-ukrainian account ate a probe over the whole ordeal at some point it's loving infuriating.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wasabi the J posted:

Every pro-ukrainian account ate a probe over the whole ordeal at some point it's loving infuriating.

I feel bad for all the poo poo Kit gets dumped on her, especially bcause CSPAMs admin post absolved them of being genocide deniers or secret Nazis.

Also he used the term manufacturing consent and I fear my brain would leak out of my ears.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm not actually sure how but this is the first time I've ever heard Elon speak before.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Basticle posted:

I'm not actually sure how but this is the first time I've ever heard Elon speak before.

Not a huge rocket enthusiast I assume.

I love rockets. This loving cocksucker is king poo poo of rocketry right now.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Not a huge rocket enthusiast I assume.

I love rockets. This loving cocksucker is king poo poo of rocketry right now.

There’s not a single thing wrong with people who like sucking cock but a million things wrong with Elon Musk.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Seen here: the effects of posting in the Glenn Greenwalt thread in Cspam

lol yeah high five that bitch got hers!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Say offensive poo poo from time to time and eat a probe, it's the nature of posting on SA :ironicat:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

truly extraordinary administration here, 5s all around

SirPhoebos posted:

I thought Helldumping was no longer allowed on SA.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
lovely news coming out of Seoul right now.

https://twitter.com/willripleyCNN/status/1586435129383133184

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

shame on an IGA posted:

truly extraordinary administration here, 5s all around

lol

I can legitimately say that’s the dumbest prob I’ve ever seen.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

What the gently caress?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

What the gently caress?

Super crowded parade for Halloween, some kind of stampede.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Oh poo poo, err should I have spoiler tagged the link due to nws images? I noped out of looking at the actual video due to the amount of blinking lights from the emergency services vehicles. Let me know if I need to go fiddle with it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

And people ask why I don't like crowds.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

What the gently caress?

Crush incidents are no joke. In a massive gathering, we turn into scared animals when spooked and then we're all just meat trying to inhabit the same space.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Arrath posted:

And people ask why I don't like crowds.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Couple of photos a few hours before, can only imagine how packed the individual nightclubs were on the inside as well.

https://twitter.com/willripleyCNN/status/1586424985291173888?cxt=HHwWgMCt8c3HjoQsAAAA

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Nah, gently caress all that. How is that anyone's idea of a good time?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A.o.D. posted:

Nah, gently caress all that. How is that anyone's idea of a good time?

Yeah, Halloween time means Friday the 13th/Halloween/Universal movies (among many others, Godzilla, and Ernest Scared Stupid watching fun. Having fun with the kids and enjoying my wife’s Halloween chili.

Packed into a cattle car simulator, not so much.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

Crush incidents are no joke. In a massive gathering, we turn into scared animals when spooked and then we're all just meat trying to inhabit the same space.

Oh I know all that, I'm just staring in horror and disbelief

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
I've been to Halloween and New Years events in Tokyo before. It was pretty much just as crowded as that picture, but in a wider open space. I'm glad I had that experience, but I'm an indoor type and it wasn't even that fun when I did it. No way in hell would you find me at an event like that now that I'm older.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Spoggerific posted:

I've been to Halloween and New Years events in Tokyo before. It was pretty much just as crowded as that picture, but in a wider open space. I'm glad I had that experience, but I'm an indoor type and it wasn't even that fun when I did it. No way in hell would you find me at an event like that now that I'm older.

That’s fair, same with how I no longer have any desire to be in a packed bar

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is some screwed up stuff in that footage. Honestly if it wasn’t for the first responders not having gear on, it looks like a chemical attack.

Obviously, that wasn’t the case it was a crush event, it just looks eerily similar.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The shots of the street lined with rows of people performing cpr like its a 1st aid course :stare:
What a loving nightmare

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Bored As gently caress posted:

On some clearance jobs and ex mil contractor websites they advertise positions for security for what they call Ultra High Net Worth Individuals. The criteria is usually 7+ years in a SOF unit with combat deployments. The pay is usually anywhere from $750-$1500 a day.

I mean with this resume anyone trying anything is going to be like a toddler trying to fight an adult right? Like this basically totally explains the rarity of assassination now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

slurm posted:

I mean with this resume anyone trying anything is going to be like a toddler trying to fight an adult right? Like this basically totally explains the rarity of assassination now.

Kinda, though not everyone has such demanding requirements and a lot of people just straight up lie on their resumes. More discriminating clients sometimes have contacts that can weed out obvious bullshitters but CEO McCEOface may just go for whoever shows up with the most visible tats.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Crab Dad posted:

We regret to inform you the train had horrible political ideas on women.

This didn't get enough love.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Marshal Prolapse posted:

It is some screwed up stuff in that footage. Honestly if it wasn’t for the first responders not having gear on, it looks like a chemical attack.

Obviously, that wasn’t the case it was a crush event, it just looks eerily similar.

When I first saw the headline without the knowledge it was a crush event, I assumed it was a terrorist attack with a chemical agent. 120+ being killed by a crush incident is almost worst, because at least the survivors and family can point their sadness and anger at some rear end in a top hat/group with an attack, as morbid as it is.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

When I first saw the headline without the knowledge it was a crush event, I assumed it was a terrorist attack with a chemical agent. 120+ being killed by a crush incident is almost worst, because at least the survivors and family can point their sadness and anger at some rear end in a top hat/group with an attack, as morbid as it is.

I know exactly what you mean, that said looking at previous mass casualty incidents in South Korea, a construction one and that ferry come to mind, South Korea does find someone to focus on and go after criminally (not surprisingly some of these people off themselves before the arrest).

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I don't understand how halloween turned into such a loving thing in 10 years, it was pretty much entirely the foreigner crowd that used to celebrate it.

A friend was posting pictures of halloween celebrations and he's in Seoul, I'm hoping he's just offline right now.

AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it

MA-Horus posted:

I don't understand how halloween turned into such a loving thing in 10 years, it was pretty much entirely the foreigner crowd that used to celebrate it.

A friend was posting pictures of halloween celebrations and he's in Seoul, I'm hoping he's just offline right now.

Yeah I have a friend in Seoul right now too. Haven't seen her post since last night, hopefully she was smart enough to stay away from Itaewon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

MA-Horus posted:

USA is going for a cultural victory