Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Andrast posted:

i wish i had a spoiler for this argument so i could have skipped it

I'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

happy halloween weekend everyone :spooky:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

GIVE ME MY LONG SWORD

it's "give me my long sword, ho"

as someone who had to read Shakespeares in high school, I know everything there is to know about the Bard's usage of the word "ho"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its very simple. the joy of experiencing media u already know the plot of is something that you will experience many times, and enjoy. the joy of experiencing something with no knowledge is only available once, and is qualitatively different. w some self control you are able to have both, and it makes the former experience even better. i am reformed poster spoilerwatcher68

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why not just say that instead of whatever you were saying about kids today and their internet?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
back in my day i thought spoilers were just the things on the back of a car

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

it's "give me my long sword, ho"

as someone who had to read Shakespeares in high school, I know everything there is to know about the Bard's usage of the word "ho"

Why'd he name his longsword ho

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Stux posted:

its very simple. the joy of experiencing media u already know the plot of is something that you will experience many times, and enjoy. the joy of experiencing something with no knowledge is only available once, and is qualitatively different. w some self control you are able to have both, and it makes the former experience even better. i am reformed poster spoilerwatcher68
i like both. but i also don't mind knowing ahead of time and seeing my friends' real-time reactions to things, it's fun in its own way. a bad way i guess but idc

(i am not the person who speaks during a movie going "you'll enjoy this part", to be clear, that's a bad kind of person)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have no real memory of this film beyond the opening scene which we watched in English class.

I saw that someone tried to make a hip Rosencrantz and Guildenstern-style film from the perspective of Rosaline but all the dialogue sounded cringe to me

The word cringe is quickly becoming cringe but I know exactly what you mean and yeah I avoided it for that reason as well.

Like I'm not opposed to modern dialogue in old poo poo, I'm not, but there's a nuance I think

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Andrast posted:

i wish i had a spoiler for this argument so i could have skipped it

The spoiler is Stux is posting

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

428 Shibuya Scramble has 87 endings...good luck spoiling them all :c00l:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

428 Shibuya Scramble has 87 endings...good luck spoiling them all :c00l:

Meow meow meow meow meow meow

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

Meow meow meow meow meow meow

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i hate spoilers because i crave those precious few moments where i get to experience things myself instead of going off what everyone else says

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

As a teenager, I loved John Kiassr because he was in the tv musical of Reefer Madness that was far better than it had any right to be, and then he delivered arguably the best performance of a Metal Gear Rising as Monsoon.

I wholeheartedly belive this man deserves far more praise as an actor then he's gotten. He delivers 110% constantly, and he constantly loving rips.

He's like a ghostwriter for the Goosebumps series, he just delivers beyond his paygrade with a smile on his face. I stan the Crypt Keeper.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

My opinion of spoilers is ambivalent. I don't mind getting spoiled that much, and if it's game/movie/book I will probably never read I'll happily spoil myself since I'm of the opinion if a story is ruined by spoiling it it's not a good story in the first place. Spoiler culture for poo poo like Marvel movies and game VAs is dumb because it affects the product.

That said when I don't want to be spoiled of something (like XB3 or Bayonetta 3) I absolutely refuse to get spoiled and get annoyed by tangential spoilers (like the XB wiki spoiling 3 just by searching stuff on 1 and 2). Untagged spoilers should be a crime, if someone wants to spoil themselves let them but don't makle it accidental.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rarity posted:

The spoiler is Stux is posting

wth

i was avoiding all knowledge of this! :colbert:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I skipped a bunch of posts did I miss anything? No spoilers pls

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

fridge corn posted:

https://i.imgur.com/0mOFU0i.mp4

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

fridge corn posted:

https://twitter.com/witchernetflix/status/1586433840318648321

:chloe:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

wow, spoilers

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Havent even bothered to finish season 2

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Runa posted:

meow, spoilers

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"We got Hemsworth to do the next season of The Witcher"
"YOU GOT CHRIS HEMSWORTH?!"
"... We got A Hemsworth"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There were two more seasons?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are people going to watch the prequel series with Michelle Yeoh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll watch anything with Michelle Yeoh

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

more like Mich-hell Yeah

I don't watch TV I just wanted to pun

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Gaius Marius posted:

Okay guys time for you to get out and see TÁR

It's not out here for like two months and that makes me furious.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0PJwPTlta8

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

"We got Hemsworth to do the next season of The Witcher"
"YOU GOT CHRIS HEMSWORTH?!"
"... We got A Hemsworth"

Coulda been worse, coulda been Luke

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This show is overrated.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I said come in! posted:

This show is overrated.

Most are :smuggo:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I said come in! posted:

This show is overrated.

so are the games

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are people going to watch the prequel series with Michelle Yeoh

Not unless she teams up with Cynthia Rothrock to do martial arts

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

I said come in! posted:

This show is overrated.

Is it though? I mean, it's not critically acclaimed like Oscar Award winning Suicide Squad (2016)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the witcher TV show feels like a lot of vaguely connected vignettes more than the mythic archplot that i think they were aiming for, especially in S2. there's some genuinely good writing in parts, and they have a lot of great actors pushing what's otherwise often some drab dialogue and witless scenarios further than they otherwise would get

it's not terrible TV, but it's the kind of thing i'm watching primarily for a combination of henry cavill and the hilarious grindhouse gore they occasionally drop in

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I installed a mod that halves the number of smithing stones it takes to upgrade weapons in Elden ring, and you know what? It’s making the game better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

how is that ever a problem the game throws them at you