Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hunt11 posted:

It is definitely a question about which out of the Joker showtime options wants to gently caress him more.

I get why they didn't but I wish Joker had showtimes with everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

DC Murderverse posted:

They’re DLC personas they put in the multi-platform release for free, you can do whatever you want with them, depends on how easy you want they game. They were meant to break it initially but you can use them as you see fit

What a shame! I wish I could use them in an interesting way that doesn't trivialize the game, but I guess that wasn't the intention.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dorkopotamis posted:

What a shame! I wish I could use them in an interesting way that doesn't trivialize the game, but I guess that wasn't the intention.

You can still fuse them the regular way.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
They still seem to have pretty busted abilities and traits even when you fuse them "honestly".

Frankly it's kind of annoying to me that they keep coming up in the fusion results and I have to mentally filter them out

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hunt11 posted:

It is definitely a question about which out of the Joker showtime options wants to gently caress him more.

It is undoubtedly Goro.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Sapozhnik posted:

I'll never understand pay-to-win in single player games

"Oh I don't have time to grind in video games, I'm a busy professional" then idk watch the game on YouTube or play something better designed that doesn't make you do in-game chores. Persona 5 really isn't a difficult video game to begin with, it's a pure indulgence-fest that isn't meant to challenge you.

I'll have you know I paid for the DLC mainly for the sweet sweet Featherman costumes :swoon:

E: Then ended up using those for like 30 minutes because the fight music that came with the Shadow Ops costumes was that much better.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Got to Ann's rank 9 scene again. Very weird that the options are "I'll always be here for you (as your boyfriend)" and "The others will always be here for you."

Joker doesn't have enough chad energy to bust out Yu Narukami dialog options like these.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

fusion alarm is a really good system honestly. not only is it fun to screw around and see what sort of busted thing you can create, it's an excellent motivator to actually use all of the velvet room's services. like i'm pretty sure in my original 5 playthrough i used itemization maybe once because i felt like it'd be a waste of the persona. but when the game is literally going "you shouldn't use normal fusion two times in a row right now, maybe you should try something else *wink wink* oh by the way the items will be more powerful too" it gets really hard to say no!

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I'm just happy the best gear in P5R doesn't require having to find and beat the Reaper multiple times.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Dawgstar posted:

"And now we come to the obvious evidence that you have help inside this very police force." Romantic music starts playing, Sae sweeps papers off the desk.

Five minutes afterwards Joker refuses to admit that it happened, because he's that much not a snitch.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The music in this game is pretty rad.

Also, best menus I've ever seen.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

The music in this game is pretty rad.

Also, best menus I've ever seen.

P5 is evidence of how far style and polished mechanics can carry a game.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

anakha posted:

I'm just happy the best gear in P5R doesn't require having to find and beat the Reaper multiple times.

Oh come on sometimes it’s like saying hi to an old friend and smacking the living heck out of them. It’s sweet revenge for when you were under leveled and they came in to ruin your day in mementos

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Spiffster posted:

Oh come on sometimes it’s like saying hi to an old friend and smacking the living heck out of them. It’s sweet revenge for when you were under leveled and they came in to ruin your day in mementos

I'm referring more to how much of a pain in the rear end finding and beating the Reaper was in P4

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Mailer posted:

Five minutes afterwards Joker refuses to admit that it happened, because he's that much not a snitch.

You must have had an investigator on the inside, keeping you in the loop on what the police were doing!!!

Oh.. wait that was me - Sae

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

anakha posted:

I'm referring more to how much of a pain in the rear end finding and beating the Reaper was in P4

Oh that makes more sense. Yeah grinding for the item boxes a specific way to make it more manageable was a pain in the rear end and I agree 100%

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"Someone at your school must have suspected you"
"Yeah the student council president did"
"wow omg I cant believe u just said that, u fuckre"

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sapozhnik posted:

I'll never understand pay-to-win in single player games

"Oh I don't have time to grind in video games, I'm a busy professional" then idk watch the game on YouTube or play something better designed that doesn't make you do in-game chores. Persona 5 really isn't a difficult video game to begin with, it's a pure indulgence-fest that isn't meant to challenge you.

It's for me :v:

I'm bad at games so I'll play with mods/DLC that will help me out even though I played Normal on P5 years ago too.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The p4 difficulty sliders of 'i don't have to grind for 400 hours but enemies can still give me a slap if I don't play the game properly' was perfect and I'm annoyed more games don't do it

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

The p4 difficulty sliders of 'i don't have to grind for 400 hours but enemies can still give me a slap if I don't play the game properly' was perfect and I'm annoyed more games don't do it

Why every game doesn't have this or Bravely Default's system where you can change money/exp/etc. earned from nothing to double is beyond me. I've mentioned it before but it makes the game harder to turn money drops from Golden Hands up to More but to keep EXP at Less so you don't overlevel. Or if you want a rare item, turn off EXP or Money gained so all you get is item drops.

Blanket difficulty makes the game easier.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

I just beat Persona 5 Royal and I'm deeply in love with Goro Akechi.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I greatly appreciate any game that has modular difficulty like that. Customize the game, let players make it way easier on themselves, way harder, or whatever weird combination of in between.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lightningproof posted:

He is just so much fun during the third semester.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Lightningproof posted:

Go watch the Hannibal tv show. I have a theory that people who like Akechi will also love Mads Mikelson as Hannibal Lector.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Akechi is so much more enjoyable when he's having fun.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I forgot how broken the insta-kill dash was in this game… can’t wait to take it to mementos

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ImpAtom posted:

Akechi is so much more enjoyable when he's having fun.

you should have been able to play against Twisted Sicko Path Akechi in Tycoon

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

He's the man
You can see
Goro
Akechi

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spiffster posted:

I forgot how broken the insta-kill dash was in this game… can’t wait to take it to mementos

It's really hilarious in Mementos because if you get ahead of the curve Mementos just becomes about fifteen minutes of getting insane amounts of free poo poo for zero effort.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"I don't know Akechi as well as you do but... is this how he normally is?"
"Yep, just everyday Akechi"

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It's really hilarious in Mementos because if you get ahead of the curve Mementos just becomes about fifteen minutes of getting insane amounts of free poo poo for zero effort.

It's a vague memory from release P5 but I remember being really annoyed at that mechanic because I wanted more fusion fodder but couldn't ambush anything. :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mailer posted:

It's a vague memory from release P5 but I remember being really annoyed at that mechanic because I wanted more fusion fodder but couldn't ambush anything. :v:

I don't remember P5's version well anymore but in Royal you get a random fodder demon each time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
P5 was never the world's hardest JRPG but mementos in P5R combined with the Strength confidant letting you fuse higher level demons with cash completely breaks the game

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Mailer posted:

You get no XP or cash for running fools over in vanilla P5 but you did get a persona.

E:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

P5 was never the world's hardest JRPG but mementos in P5R combined with the Strength confidant letting you fuse higher level demons with cash completely breaks the game

Combine that with the extra cash upgrade in Mementos and some judicious use of fusion alarms and the Fortune confidant, you could pretty much walk out of a Mementos trip with 6+ million in cash and a bunch of maxed-out personas.

anakha fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 30, 2022

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

anakha posted:

Combine that with the extra cash upgrade in Mementos and some judicious use of fusion alarms and the Fortune confidant, you could pretty much walk out of a Mementos trip with 6+ million in cash and a bunch of maxed-out personas.

Yeah after awhile it becomes laughably absurd. You can even call it gallows humor :haw:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Man, I think... Dragon Age: Origins was the last game I played featuring a silent protagonist set against a fully voiced cast, and it feels weird. It's doesn't really detract from the game, but I definitely notice every time someone pours out their heart and my character's response is, o_o

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Pwnstar posted:

"I don't know Akechi as well as you do but... is this how he normally is?"
"Yep, just everyday Akechi"

I love how Akechi's response to this is essentially "And what about it?"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:sweatdrop: Only with a couple days to spare, but I managed to max every possible confidant before 12/17 without a guide. A special gently caress you to Tower for almost screwing me with their mementos request being some unique odyssey going back and forth to them over the course of like a full week, waiting for them to text you back with updates to push the quest forward. :argh:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mailer posted:

ImpAtom posted:

I don't remember P5's version well anymore but in Royal you get a random fodder demon each time.
Yeah, if you instant killed an enemy group via ambush in vanilla you got a Persona out of it, I'd have fodder Personas out the wazoo by the end of a Mementos run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Commander Keene posted:

Yeah, if you instant killed an enemy group via ambush in vanilla you got a Persona out of it, I'd have fodder Personas out the wazoo by the end of a Mementos run.

Huh. It's possible I'm remembering the inverse (I wanted xp/cash or whatever) since I was doing a lot of grinding later in the game. All I really remember is the instakills dicking with me and having to try to avoid them. Given the Mementos buffs I don't think that'll be an issue anymore.